* * * * - 23 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#37591 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3221 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 02:16 PM

GameStop removed my Demon's Souls pre-order. I was waiting to pick it up after I got my ps5, which finally arrived yesterday. I had put down $35 on it. Now it's not showing up anywhere in my email or app. What a bunch of scam artists.

Anyone have this happen to them. Will I be able to get my money back?

The app is terrible.  Vanished preorders is a common thing, even before the "new" extra-terrible app.  Just contact the store. Your reservation & balance is probably there just in "not picked up" state.

#37592 Macedon911  

Macedon911

Posted 02 December 2020 - 02:19 PM

The app is terrible. Vanished preorders is a common thing, even before the "new" extra-terrible app. Just contact the store. Your reservation & balance is probably there just in "not picked up" state.

Thanks for the quick reply! That definitely makes sense. I'll check in person later today.

#37593 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 02 December 2020 - 02:36 PM

The app is terrible.  Vanished preorders is a common thing, even before the "new" extra-terrible app.  Just contact the store. Your reservation & balance is probably there just in "not picked up" state.

Not necessarily.  I had one missing for Animal Crossing.  Thankfully the store manager knows me and believed me so he took $5 off the game I was picking up

#37594 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   469 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 02 December 2020 - 02:39 PM

Thanks for the quick reply! That definitely makes sense. I'll check in person later today.

I picked up my Doom preorder last week and had no trouble ~8 months after release. It was also not showing up in the app. You should not have a problem.

#37595 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 02 December 2020 - 02:50 PM

Got my b1g1 order in yesterday, all complete. The online system never updated anything about it's shipping status. It just showed up. I did not have any of that -$5.99 crap on the receipt either.

gives me hope my partial shipped order will arrive soon, and ideally, not partial lol.

#37596 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3838 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 03:58 PM

does the monthly $5 code still work for both online then instore?

#37597 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 02 December 2020 - 04:00 PM

Can’t find PSVR trade in value on website, I’m guessing they don’t take it?

#37598 Am_I_Evil  

Am_I_Evil

Posted 02 December 2020 - 04:31 PM

Can’t find PSVR trade in value on website, I’m guessing they don’t take it?

i think they stopped taking them a while ago

I wanted to trade in the XBOX One Kinect Camera and Adapter, and both were showing up and I was still told, by multiple gamestops, that they don't take them...thought that was strange...

#37599 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 04:41 PM

PSVR trade ins may be suspended due to covid concerns I’m guessing. Are a lot of us ‘awaiting product availability’ for Yoshi’s Crafted world still?

#37600 Am_I_Evil  

Am_I_Evil

Posted 02 December 2020 - 04:52 PM

PSVR trade ins may be suspended due to covid concerns I’m guessing. Are a lot of us ‘awaiting product availability’ for Yoshi’s Crafted world still?

yes on Yoshi, all other games have shipped

#37601 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2646 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 04:57 PM

I used my monthly coupon online yesterday and it disappeared from my active offers. I thought it stays in your offers if you use it online first then in store.

#37602 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4037 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 05:28 PM

I used my monthly coupon online yesterday and it disappeared from my active offers. I thought it stays in your offers if you use it online first then in store.

maybe they fixed it. I usually use mine in store first then if the code still works near the end of the month, I'll use it online.

#37603 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 02 December 2020 - 05:47 PM

The way I used to do it was add the coupon to your cart and then use the $5 reward in store. Then later at home, place another order with the $5 coupon in the same day.

#37604 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1108 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 05:54 PM

The way I used to do it was add the coupon to your cart and then use the $5 reward in store. Then later at home, place another order with the $5 coupon in the same day.

Coupon² is valid the entire month. Last few months I've varied which one I've used first (online vs instore), but for November's coupon, I used it in-store on Age of Calamity, then waited until the BF/Cyber sales to use it online for a pickup order and it still worked - literally just copy the code down and paste it into your cart when you want to use it later even if it disappeared from your actives.  :whee:

#37605 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:03 PM

That's good to know. I just use it same day in case it vanishes!

#37606 akuma77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   393 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:23 PM

You should not get hit with a referb fee. Someone in here was saying that GS is going to start requiring cases on trades a few weeks ago, but I do not think there is any confirmation that will happen. I kind of doubt it will, but would honestly be in favor of it.

Why would you be in favor of it? GameStop ends up paying less trade credit but sell the game at the same price. Only one who benefits is GameStop.

#37607 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1468 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:24 PM

Update #2 from yesterday package.

All my items shipped, I compiled a list to keep track of all games. Red titles came incomplete, grey haven't arrived & green is complete.  

Spoiler

yes on Yoshi, all other games have shipped

My last Yoshi just shipped.

#37608 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16827 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:29 PM

Why would you be in favor of it? GameStop ends up paying less trade credit but sell the game at the same price. Only one who benefits is GameStop.

what a selfish pov.   the person who benefits is the buyer.   assuming you're also buying used games from GS, eventually you'll benefit BY GETTING THE COMPLETE GAME.

#37609 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2463 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:45 PM

what a selfish pov.   the person who benefits is the buyer.   assuming you're also buying used games from GS, eventually you'll benefit BY GETTING THE COMPLETE GAME.

I like how eStarland does their trades. They offer different amounts depending on how complete the game is when you trade it. Plus, when you go to buy a used game they specifically tell you what's included with it as well (case, manual, extras, etc).

#37610 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1425 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:13 PM

still waiting on yoshi's crafted that i ordered a week ago 

#37611 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   1118 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:13 PM

what a selfish pov. the person who benefits is the buyer. assuming you're also buying used games from GS, eventually you'll benefit BY GETTING THE COMPLETE GAME.

This - I think we’d all be more inclined to order used online from GS if it was guaranteed to get original case/manual.

#37612 Montybg  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:32 PM

Does anyone know what Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is trading in for? I can't find it on the website. 

#37613 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4037 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:40 PM

still waiting on yoshi's crafted that i ordered a week ago 

i ordered 2 games on the 25th and UPS eta is the 8th lol

#37614 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24092 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:04 PM

I like how eStarland does their trades. They offer different amounts depending on how complete the game is when you trade it. Plus, when you go to buy a used game they specifically tell you what's included with it as well (case, manual, extras, etc).

I might get ripped for this but GS should enter into the mainstream retro game market. Start taking in select games for all consoles... no sports games, no trash games, focus on the major franchises (Marios and Sonics) and releases in popular categories (RPGs/action adventure games for any 90s systems, racing/FPSes in the late 90s/00s). Train employees to actually review the discs and contents for physical quality before accept trade in (vs taking in anything and destroying them with your shit machines), and then just price them just like eBay. 

People might not like hearing this but eBay prices are already nuts. If I have to pay $100 for an old game I want, I'd be more inclined to do it at GS where I can review everything vs eBay where the seller calls their water damaged/dog chewed copy mint condition. 

#37615 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1304 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:12 PM

They supposedly also test every used game they take. I wish they could run GameStop.

“All eStarland pre-owned merchandise is cleaned and tested by our trained technicians and are guaranteed for 90 days, unless specified otherwise.”

#37616 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2131 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:19 PM

Wait I'm confused. You can use the monthly $5 reward on two purchases (in-store and online) which saves you $10 off?

For example:

$5 off reward on a $10 eShop card in-store

$5 off reward on any game from the online store

#37617 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1976 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:21 PM

My B1g1 order is finally out for delivery after not updating for days. Hopefully my partial shipment actually contains both games

#37618 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:37 PM

Wait I'm confused. You can use the monthly $5 reward on two purchases (in-store and online) which saves you $10 off?

For example:

$5 off reward on a $10 eShop card in-store
$5 off reward on any game from the online store

Yes, I can confirm that it still works. I added it to an item in my cart yesterday then went into the store and used it there. This morning I used it online for an in store pick up purchase.

#37619 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3608 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:41 PM

It’s the V2 with better battery life. Of note here: you used online coupons and THEY WORKED? This is unheard of

yessir, I was dreading finding out they didn't and having to find some other crap to order online or call CS to get my points converted back.  Now I wished they had the $50 online cert available.

Thanks for the reply on the V2 confirmation.  I'll end up keeping my Target version (5% redcard discounted) and maybe gifting the GS one.

#37620 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16827 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:42 PM

i ordered 2 games on the 25th and UPS eta is the 8th lol

at least you have an ETA.   I get a "no tracking available" still.