* * * * - 23 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#40351 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 20 February 2021 - 11:44 PM

Has anyone seen any evidence to suggest the Gamestop inventory checker is currently doing the -1 thing?

Yes.

#40352 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8378 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:39 AM

I finally went in today to pick up my Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury Switch game pre-order after all of the snow we've had lately.

I added pre-owned copies of Galak-Z/Skulls of the Shogun and Snack World, and for some reason, Snack World rang up for $10.49.  I'm not sure if there was some sort of additional promo that got added into the transaction. 

I just went with it since the Snack World game is very difficult to find in my area new or used.  

#40353 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3937 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:52 AM

I finally went in today to pick up my Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury Switch game pre-order after all of the snow we've had lately,

I added pre-owned copies of Galak-Z/Skulls of the Shogun and Snack World, and for some reason, Snack World rang up for $10.49. I'm not sure if there was some sort of additional promo that got added into the transaction.

I just went with it since the Snack World game is very difficult to find in my area new or used.

Its the 30% off a pre-owned title promo for buying a new title over $30

#40354 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 21 February 2021 - 01:25 AM

Anybody know if GameStop would take a trade-in of my PS4 Pro with a 2TB hdd? I can’t find the original 1TB I took out of it.

Would Gamestop accept a base PS4 with a 2TB as the 500GB? I chucked' the OEM HD years ago. 

I havent had any problem trading systems with bigger/better HDs that were in good working order, I just keep my mouth shut and let the gs guys do their whole check thing.

#40355 toska  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 01:28 AM

Has anyone seen any evidence to suggest the Gamestop inventory checker is currently doing the -1 thing?

ive inquired about a game in store recently
its in stock 20 miles away but online its always out

ive also returned a game this week and i see it for sale in store but i cant order it online for in store pick up

#40356 JayG180  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 02:08 AM

Should I pay for the premium shipping in hopes of my order not sitting around in a distribution center for months or would that even matter?

#40357 Unaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 02:39 AM

Should I pay for the premium shipping in hopes of my order not sitting around in a distribution center for months or would that even matter?

Gamestop doesn't use distros for order fulfillment.  Anything that isn't brand new or backlogged pre-order is shipped from stores.

#40358 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4011 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 21 February 2021 - 03:50 AM

I havent had any problem trading systems with bigger/better HDs that were in good working order, I just keep my mouth shut and let the gs guys do their whole check thing.

That's pretty much the apporaxh you have to take with any transaction at GS. Say nothing, as they get confused and you end up just shooting yourself in the foot otherwise.

Not like they're going to think you tried ripping them off, by including a bigger HDD.

#40359 PS5XBOXSERIESX  

PS5XBOXSERIESX

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:29 AM

I know you're supposed to call Gamestop to get anything sorted but I thought I got lucky emailing them about missing games, but this was their exact response to me:

Hello,
thank you for the reply!
To assist you in a better way please make sure
If you have any questions or inquiries please let us know!

Regards,

#40360 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1444 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:40 AM

Been like that for nearly 45 days

#40361 DemonGamer24   Sniper, no sniping! CAGiversary!   255 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

DemonGamer24

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:15 AM

I know you're supposed to call Gamestop to get anything sorted but I thought I got lucky emailing them about missing games, but this was their exact response to me:
Hello,
thank you for the reply!
To assist you in a better way please make sure
If you have any questions or inquiries please let us know!
Regards,

Please make sure, man.

#40362 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:33 AM

sonic forces for switch got a bump for some reason in case you guys also got that piece of crap on clearance from walmart like i did

#40363 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:09 AM

Been like that for nearly 45 days

But he demands PROOF!

Side note : 4/20 in Weekly ad.

#40364 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 21 February 2021 - 04:08 PM

All from GameStop. Persona Q has a few scratches, but pretty good condition.

9Jsl0OJ.jpg

I know I'm very late to this... But do these still pop up randomly on GS? I chose not to purchase the Hyrule 3DSXL edition and the Hyrule 2DSXL edition. I have the Ocarina of Time OG, ALBW XL, and MM n3DSXL. Kinda regret not getting them as im a huge fanboy :/

#40365 toska  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:24 PM

i ordered 2 copies of yakuza 7 a couple days ago on their buy 3 get 2 promo

both came in steelbooks absolutely spotless without a single scratch or ding

they look like someone took the wrap off and put a pre owned sticker on it

#40366 c.gibbits   Back to the roots. CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

c.gibbits

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:51 PM

does cag16 not work anymore? If so when did it go away?

#40367 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4087 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:07 PM

Anyone know if stores are taking pre orders for the zelda joy cons?

#40368 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 21 February 2021 - 07:22 PM

does cag16 not work anymore? If so when did it go away?

It was deactivated shortly before President's day weekend sale, so hopefully it'll be back soon. 

#40369 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 21 February 2021 - 08:46 PM

So I have a question. I've noticed GS's in store pickup option is getting shittier and shittier. These past couple weeks, I've tried searching for a Deal of the Day game on their website to pickup in store and the website will tell me OOS within 15 and even 30 miles around me. I'll then go to my closest GS and they'll have a couple copies of the exact same game but they can't price match so I end up having to order it in store, ship it to myself, pay the 4 or 5 dollar shipping and wait a couple days even though they have it right in front of me. And for some reason they don't ship to store anymore. Has this always been this shitty or is this new?

#40370 2changz  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:18 PM

I’ve been away from this site for a while now, have there been any good flip opportunities lately? Just wondering if that was still a thing nowadays. I’m sad at how much new stuff I’ve missed but with life not letting me collect recently, that’s how it is.

#40371 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1190 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:23 PM

I know I'm very late to this... But do these still pop up randomly on GS? I chose not to purchase the Hyrule 3DSXL edition and the Hyrule 2DSXL edition. I have the Ocarina of Time OG, ALBW XL, and MM n3DSXL. Kinda regret not getting them as im a huge fanboy :/

Last bigger restock was around Feb 12 for the 3ds systems, haven't seen them popup since then. Some regular 2ds systems have popped up since then, but not much.

#40372 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3150 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:35 PM

I grabbed a hyrule gold n3ds xl a couple weeks back.  Arrived in average cosmetic condition but with TN screens.  I bought it to play with the expectation of better screens, so I'm likely just going to return instore.  If someone here wants it instead for cost + shipping, just let me know (must have positive cag feedback). Edit: Pending to a cag.

They also packed in a generic usb to 3ds charge cable.  First time I've seen something different from the oem wall plug.    Probably scraping the bottom of the barrel at this point.

#40373 crawlingpeter   wom CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

crawlingpeter

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:49 PM

I know you can't do it online, but is purchasing Steam bucks in store with GS trade credit still possible? Thanks!

#40374 crawlingpeter   wom CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

crawlingpeter

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:51 PM

EDIT: double post

#40375 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:55 PM

I know you can't do it online, but is purchasing Steam bucks in store with GS trade credit still possible? Thanks!

The store I went to a few days ago said yes. Wouldn't hurt to go in a store and ask.

#40376 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3150 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:21 AM

Yes, I've been doing it recently. Works the same as other console currencies.  The steam cards can be difficult to find if you're looking for a particular $ amount, though.

#40377 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1281 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:23 AM

I’ve been away from this site for a while now, have there been any good flip opportunities lately? Just wondering if that was still a thing nowadays. I’m sad at how much new stuff I’ve missed but with life not letting me collect recently, that’s how it is.

Not really. I’m lucky to make $10 profit a game and those are usually purchased online from auction sites. The Pro membership with $5 monthly credit has been a good deal if you are comfortable going in store as they can be used on digital credit.

#40378 crawlingpeter   wom CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

crawlingpeter

Posted 22 February 2021 - 12:25 AM

The store I went to a few days ago said yes. Wouldn't hurt to go in a store and ask.

Yes, I've been doing it recently. Works the same as other console currencies.  The steam cards can be difficult to find if you're looking for a particular $ amount, though.

Thanks! That's encouraging.

#40379 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4011 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:40 AM

Yes, I've been doing it recently. Works the same as other console currencies. The steam cards can be difficult to find if you're looking for a particular $ amount, though.

Have not seen variable Steam cards in a LONG time. Makes me sad sense that was the best thing imo to use the monthly $5 coupon on.

#40380 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 22 February 2021 - 02:58 AM

My closest store is closing down, shame I didn't notice until almost everything was gone. It was huge and the space wasn't utilized well so I presume the rent just ended up too high compared to sales. I didn't see it on the store closings blog but it's on Sand Lake Road/John Young Parkway in Orlando FL. But again, there's really nothing left to pick through.