* * * * - 23 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#41341 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:17 PM

Can confirm the 5/$50 works in store, and the 4/$20 is might be one of those season-long promos. (I always check the last gen for some complete games I could use for the shelf  :beer:)

baZTKYj.png

#41342 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8446 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:24 PM

Can confirm the 5/$50 works in store, and the 4/$20 is might be one of those season-long promos. (I always check the last gen for some complete games I could use for the shelf  :beer:)

baZTKYj.png

Good find since the game was delisted from the 3DS eShop.

#41343 elessar123  

Posted 29 March 2021 - 11:15 PM

There's a Switch port though.

#41344 willozsy   CAG Hokage CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

willozsy

Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:48 AM

A couple people have mentioned getting trade banned and not knowing why.

So unless you track trades in excel, or whatever, then it's hard to say what could have been the reason. If it's not 4 copies of the same game, going over the $500 cash limit, or going over the $2k trade credit limit, it may have just been somebody looking into your account and not liking what they saw (if you're a regular trader).

I used to when I was trading every month, but I traded ~$1900 last September (all trade credit, tracked with excel), then ~$100 this January, and then nothing until today. Never went over 2k or went with cash, so I guess somebody just didn't like what they see last September?

#41345 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:00 AM

A couple people have mentioned getting trade banned and not knowing why.

So unless you track trades in excel, or whatever, then it's hard to say what could have been the reason. If it's not 4 copies of the same game, going over the $500 cash limit, or going over the $2k trade credit limit, it may have just been somebody looking into your account and not liking what they saw (if you're a regular trader).

I know why I got trade banned. I got he manager's attention when I tried to get the trade in promo on a game that was OOS. I looked up to pick another one from the display and that's when he warned me about not doing it. He must have passed on what I was doing to his AM. It was during COD WWII and Destiny trade promos. I cancelled the preorders because I wanted to buy something with the trade credit. The AM didn't like that very much. He told me that I wasn't going to get the bonus anymore and got the ban. I missed out on some huge 3DS games trade in deals. They were trading in for more than the retail price. I could have avoided it because I still had some trade in credit left over in my card.

#41346 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4379 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:38 AM

When did they start resealing display copies?    Bought the last copy of Bayonetta/Vanquish XB1 bundle the store had.   While looking for a game to use the 30% off of(ended up getting Wipeout Omega Collection for $12.59), the employee went into the backroom and resealed the Bayonetta/Vanquish game.  

#41347 Neo Oracle  

Neo Oracle

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:39 AM

Is there any deal on NEW 3DS XL?

#41348 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16827 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2021 - 02:24 AM

went to use my march certificate today and was greeted with this.

wouldn't expect a vague sign like this in a mall.  Some dinky small town maybe.

Spoiler

#41349 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2021 - 02:46 AM

^ I encountered this exact thing at a GameStop in Manhattan, New York - the audacity to do something like that is baffling to me

#41350 Doctorgonzo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Doctorgonzo

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:07 AM

^ I encountered this exact thing at a GameStop in Manhattan, New York - the audacity to do something like that is baffling to me

Same thing happened today. Guy said it was his day off, so I assume someone must have left or called out. They also closed a bunch of the neighboring stores, so when I went back, there was a line of people.

#41351 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6329 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:10 AM

Is there also some sort of irony that it also has a prestige sign?

#41352 PS5XBOXSERIESX  

PS5XBOXSERIESX

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:30 AM

They're very short staffed at some stores with absolutely no backup. My store has one guy who works almost every day from open to close and I genuinely feel bad for him because the only other employees they can get have terrible availability and their DM doesn't allow more than single coverage. They have no option but to just close the store to get any type of break or even use the restroom.

#41353 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2462 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:38 AM

baZTKYj.png

Oh man nice, I've been trying to locate a reasonably priced copy of that with box.

#41354 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:38 AM

Since Gamestop started letting people back in the store last summer I've only seen two people working there, and only one at a time. A sign like that isn't surprising. Enjoy your lunch.

#41355 Danthegamer   Deal Galore CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Danthegamer

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:43 AM

wouldn't expect a vague sign like this in a mall. Some dinky small town maybe.

Spoiler

Hillsdale mall location? Lol

#41356 beenaround  

beenaround

Posted 30 March 2021 - 04:11 AM

Audacity to want to eat lunch is a new one even for this site.  

#41357 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1607 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:05 AM

Spoiler

Oh boy, the worker had the nerve to eat their lunch instead of work all day. The impudence of the serf!

#41358 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3135 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:38 AM

They were probably on the roof playing hockey

#41359 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1904 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:40 AM

How dare someone take a lunch break, I need to trade in my 20 copies of madden 01

#41360 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 30 March 2021 - 11:13 AM

Monthly coupon doesn’t work with dotd and most promos period.

You can typically use them with weekly sale items but sometimes you can only do it in-store.  It's so annoying because of how it's advertised that you can use it on "everything"

#41361 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 30 March 2021 - 11:17 AM

Spoiler

They're understaffed.  I live in a major metro area and they're screwing their staff over here.  Yes, it's frustrating, but it's not their fault

#41362 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:15 PM

They're understaffed.  I live in a major metro area and they're screwing their staff over here.  Yes, it's frustrating, but it's not their fault

That makes sense, sucks for the employee . I always wondered why the lone associates in my store are so trusting that they’ll legit go to the back for 2-5 minutes to search for a game or accessory and leave no one outside to monitor customers. Feels like a bad idea but I guess they have no choice due to poor managing/scheduling

#41363 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:27 PM

Damn I just drove by my local store and it had posted signs about store closing and everything 30% off. Do closing stores still take returns and trade ins?

No, I have a local store that is closing here and I was going to do a return and trade, prior to knowing that they were closing, and they said to go to the next nearest store for trades or returns.

#41364 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 30 March 2021 - 12:30 PM

That makes sense, sucks for the employee . I always wondered why the lone associates in my store are so trusting that they’ll legit go to the back for 2-5 minutes to search for a game or accessory and leave no one outside to monitor customers. Feels like a bad idea but I guess they have no choice due to poor managing/scheduling

I was annoyed when I couldn't pick up a pre-order/, but I was mad at the company.  Felt sorry for the employee that he had to shut down the store so he could take a meal break

#41365 ChuckyDJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   278 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:01 PM

[spoiler

On a side note...imagine what happens if they raise minimum wage to $15 an hour. Think pandemic was bad. What will close if this happens?

One employee in store at a time doesn't seem safe for them but gamestop doesn't seem to care about such things anyway

#41366 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3135 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:18 PM

That ex Chewy guy has his work cut out for him if he’s going to be the savior some hope he’ll be.

#41367 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   477 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:23 PM

I was annoyed when I couldn't pick up a pre-order/, but I was mad at the company.  Felt sorry for the employee that he had to shut down the store so he could take a meal break

The Chewyfication isn't going so smoothly thus far. If you had to compare the whining CAGers that show up in this thread and entitled gamer man-children to pet-owners, how would you accurately describe them... at least pet owners can claim to care about something besides themselves.

On a side note...imagine what happens if they raise minimum wage to $15 an hour. Think pandemic was bad. What will close if this happens?

One employee in store at a time doesn't seem safe for them but gamestop doesn't seem to care about such things anyway

15 would have taken a few years to be put in place. I  

#41368 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:23 PM

Covid/shut-down issues -> less sales/foot traffic in stores -> lay offs/quittings/less staff -> non-functioning inventory checker -> further decreased foot traffic/less high ROI impulse purchases -> ?

#41369 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:25 PM

Covid/shut-down issues -> less sales/foot traffic in stores -> lay offs/quittings/less staff -> non-functioning inventory checker -> further decreased foot traffic/less high ROI impulse purchases -> ?

-> their stock price shooting up

#41370 themon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   168 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 March 2021 - 03:45 PM

They were probably on the roof playing hockey

"I'm not even supposed to be here today."