* * * * - 23 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#41701 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:20 PM

If it makes you feel better, I just received a CIB Pokemon Black Ver. 2 from them from an online order.

A week or two ago, I guess when their “certified pre-owned” cases first started arriving, big round of new complaints, I was thinking, they aren’t that bad.  I was riding high too, actually receiving some CIB, and forgot about the GameStop cycle.  The same stinky black case with a nicer wrapper plastered with “trust us, we are professional and courteous, we checked this game, 100% guarantee” and having the case be completely empty for the first time and return/replacement options messed up, that’s a new low for me.  Hope it’s not foreshadowing the “improvements” we can expect, just marketing to cover up the hollow shell of their empty cases and company getting even worse.

Right now, it really is like a lottery or gambling, but not as fun when you lose!  The cycle repeats for all.

#41702 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:18 PM

A week or two ago, I guess when their “certified pre-owned” cases first started arriving, big round of new complaints, I was thinking, they aren’t that bad.  I was riding high too, actually receiving some CIB, and forgot about the GameStop cycle.  The same stinky black case with a nicer wrapper plastered with “trust us, we are professional and courteous, we checked this game, 100% guarantee” and having the case be completely empty for the first time and return/replacement options messed up, that’s a new low for me.  Hope it’s not foreshadowing the “improvements” we can expect, just marketing to cover up the hollow shell of their empty cases and company getting even worse.

Right now, it really is like a lottery or gambling, but not as fun when you lose!  The cycle repeats for all.

Does the tracking show it originated from the warehouse or a store?

#41703 NeedleInTheHay   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

NeedleInTheHay

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:35 PM

Well at least I traded during the bump with the returnal boost.

#41704 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:42 PM

Does the tracking show it originated from the warehouse or a store?

I’m not certain how to tell. Says Fedex picked up from Fort Worth TX, that’s all I really see.

#41705 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4184 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:25 PM

I’m not certain how to tell. Says Fedex picked up from Fort Worth TX, that’s all I really see.

I've been getting fedex from stores and USPS from the warehouse, so probably from a store.

#41706 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:41 PM

That is the warehouse. Their main warehouse is in Grapevine, which is in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

#41707 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   720 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 12:45 AM

I’m not too far from Fort Worth, so that could make it tougher to tell.  It was lost sphear for Nintendo switch.  Said 1 copy left.  I know inventory can get funky when its down to the last copy.  My guess is that since it was the only copy, even if the packer noticed no game, they just said screw it and moved on to next box in their queue of hundreds.  If from a store, that would be even worse I think.  The case was open in the box, card holder tabs look fine though.  Oh well, GameStop manages to mess things up in my favor plenty as well.  Sending in my empty case and will see what happens.  I’m not really mad, I’ve done enough GameStop orders to know buying preowned is a crapshoot, especially when inventory gets low.  But pretty ironic that it’s the first game I receive in their new guaranteed / tested cases that they mess up at a whole new level!

#41708 toska  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 01:26 AM

i had an issue where i received an empty package with no paper or nothing 

went back and forth with customer service for a 5 min and i ended up sending in the torn back of the label that shows the invoice and they gave me a refund in a week or two

#41709 pixeltwister  

pixeltwister

Posted 14 April 2021 - 02:38 AM

Does the 50% extra credit stack with the 30% extra you get from trading towards select pre-orders?

#41710 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1905 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 14 April 2021 - 02:40 AM

Does the 50% extra credit stack with the 30% extra you get from trading towards select pre-orders?

No it wont.

#41711 IMikeU   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 03:18 AM

Please note, the $5-$9 value range... you might hold for the $5 boost on $5+ whenever that may happen again.

Also I traded two games in recently during the unannounced boost plus the 30% and got 32.50, but would only get $25 during this 50%

#41712 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:08 AM

How much would I get for legion ps5 with this promo? 21.45?

Also anyone know judgement ps4 tiv

#41713 DrBayrd  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:15 AM

In the past, it seemed a trade promo like this would have coincided with a stealth bump weekend. Not sure if it’s just bad timing or GS is wising up. Don’t know if we will see a flipapalooza again like in yesteryears past.

#41714 PS5XBOXSERIESX  

PS5XBOXSERIESX

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:24 AM

In the past, it seemed a trade promo like this would have coincided with a stealth bump weekend. Not sure if it’s just bad timing or GS is wising up. Don’t know if we will see a flipapalooza again like in yesteryears past.

They need inventory now more than ever too. It's like they hate actually selling things and only exist as a front for money laundering.

#41715 IAMSAM34  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:41 AM

They need inventory now more than ever too. It's like they hate actually selling things and only exist as a front for money laundering.

There is no point to increase inventory when their current goal is to reduce their physical footprint so they can reduce their expenses. 

#41716 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:55 AM

Any games about $30 that would be good for a future flip just to trigger then 30% off? Ideally for the switch right now.

#41717 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:11 AM

There is no point to increase inventory when their current goal is to reduce their physical footprint so they can reduce their expenses. 

Damn, if that's the case, what are y'alls getting out strategies from this?

#41718 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:27 AM

Sooooo the DotD is B3G2 PS4 games but it looks like the tiered giftcard automatically being added to cart is cancelling it out and can't be removed. Did anyone figure out a work around for this before?

#41719 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 14 April 2021 - 10:48 AM

Sooooo the DotD is B3G2 PS4 games but it looks like the tiered giftcard automatically being added to cart is cancelling it out and can't be removed. Did anyone figure out a work around for this before?

Promo doesn't appear to be active looking at promo data. Hopefully they set the rank appropriately so the GC tiered promo doesn't interfere with 19.99+ games.

#41720 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1193 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 14 April 2021 - 12:07 PM

How much would I get for legion ps5 with this promo? 21.45?

Also anyone know judgement ps4 tiv

Base value just dropped to $7, so $10.50 now. Price also dropped to 18.99, so likely why it dropped, so it could go back up if the sale ends.

#41721 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6335 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:16 PM

Any games about $30 that would be good for a future flip just to trigger then 30% off? Ideally for the switch right now.

Spongebob squarepants battle for bikini bottom, resident evil, and my hero ones justice 1 off the top of my head are all easy flips. 

#41722 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 14 April 2021 - 07:54 PM

Spongebob squarepants battle for bikini bottom, resident evil, and my hero ones justice 1 off the top of my head are all easy flips. 

Any reason that makes them easier flips than others? I'd buy you a beer if I could.

#41723 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1607 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 08:18 PM

Many of the $30 new / $28 used games will get $10 base. If the value holds you can get $16 back from the one you get with the 50% bonus that is supposed to come up. Were you looking to get 30% off a $55 game? I'd imagine you could just return the new game, but too much of that could get you flagged.

#41724 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 14 April 2021 - 08:59 PM

Many of the $30 new / $28 used games will get $10 base. If the value holds you can get $16 back from the one you get with the 50% bonus that is supposed to come up. Were you looking to get 30% off a $55 game? I'd imagine you could just return the new game, but too much of that could get you flagged.

Its $55 used and I just need the $30 filler, but I've bought most games I would've normally picked up. I believe if I did return the new game, they would deduct the price of the discount on the used one from it, unless things have changed?

#41725 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1607 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:31 PM

Its $55 used and I just need the $30 filler, but I've bought most games I would've normally picked up. I believe if I did return the new game, they would deduct the price of the discount on the used one from it, unless things have changed?

I've never actually done it so I don't know what would happen if you attempted to return the new game.

Edit: With regards to below, I wouldn't do this return often to get the 30% discount. I'd imagine you would be flagged eventually.

#41726 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1529 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 14 April 2021 - 10:09 PM

No, they must adhere to the dollar values on the packing slip or the receipt. So if the game was purchased for $30, you are getting $30 back if it says it on the receipt.

#41727 IAMSAM34  

Posted 15 April 2021 - 12:07 AM

Three new games ordered and 3 open games received. I'm returning all three to my local GS. Let's see what they say...I dont even care anymore.

#41728 dchan11  

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:05 AM

I got lucky and my order of fairy tail for nintendo switch came with the actual case

#41729 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6335 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:38 AM

Any reason that makes them easier flips than others? I'd buy you a beer if I could.

Usually they move pretty quickly. I occasionally buy stuff and those games for the 30/50% off then resell those. I actually just sold resident evil tonight while I was at work. 

#41730 Linkachu  

Linkachu

Posted 15 April 2021 - 02:12 AM

I've never actually done it so I don't know what would happen if you attempted to return the new game.

Edit: With regards to below, I wouldn't do this return often to get the 30% discount. I'd imagine you would be flagged eventually.

Okay, so it'd work as a one time thing...I'll keep that in mind then. Thanks!