* * * * - 24 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#42541 Kuros   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1615 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2021 - 10:18 PM

any trade boosts active or upcoming?

Just the 20% bonus when reserving certain games. Biomutant and Mass Effect Legendary Edition haven't released yet.

#42542 syndragore  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 12:13 AM

I just went in store to trade in a few games and renew my Pro membership. I received the $5 welcome coupon on the receipt, is the $5 monthly coupon supposed to be on there as well or will it show up later online? I don't see it in my app yet. Also, can both of those be used on the same purchase?

#42543 Gamingsincetheseventies  

Gamingsincetheseventies

Posted 11 May 2021 - 01:39 AM

I just went in store to trade in a few games and renew my Pro membership. I received the $5 welcome coupon on the receipt, is the $5 monthly coupon supposed to be on there as well or will it show up later online? I don't see it in my app yet. Also, can both of those be used on the same purchase?

The monthly code will be in your active offers if you are using it online. In store it should show up at checkout as available before payment. You should be able to use both at the same time. Sometimes the codes wont work with certain sales items. And finally you can double dip the monthly if you write down the code or apply it to your online cart (but dont use it), and use it in store first, then you can use it again online

#42544 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 11 May 2021 - 02:42 AM

You won't get another $5 for this month. 

#42545 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:18 AM

My store said they're part of a new trial program. Buy a bag for $0.99 and anything you bring in to trade in it gets and extra 10%, so 20% for PUR pro members. It does not stack with the preorder bonus, but hopefully with the +$5. She said it's good through end of June.

The bag is about 3/4 the size of the ones you fill with collectibles.

gs-flyer.jpeg

#42546 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:37 AM

If you look at the details it's 15% on extended warranties and 1% on everything else. 

"Product Replacement Plans, Pre-owned Games, Gaming Accessories, Collectibles and Apparel"

Either they changed it since you looked at it or you're looking at a different list than I am. 

#42547 Accidie  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:44 AM

When I traded in my v1 switch in March, I accidentally included my pro controller cable in the trade and they took it. Now it's May and I have a pro controller without its cable. What should I do in this situation? You can only get the model no. HAC-010 cable when you buy a pro controller.

#42548 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:54 AM

When I traded in my v1 switch in March, I accidentally included my pro controller cable in the trade and they took it. Now it's May and I have a pro controller without its cable. What should I do in this situation? You can only get the model no. HAC-010 cable when you buy a pro controller.

Thought any USB C cable would charge a pro controller.

#42549 Accidie  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 04:02 AM

Thought any USB C cable would charge a pro controller.

I don't have any other usb c cable. Any recommendations for a good one?

#42550 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 11 May 2021 - 04:14 AM

I’m not an expert though have had good luck with Anker and monoprice cables.

#42551 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 11 May 2021 - 01:32 PM

What do you need a good one for, you're going to trade it in? Just get the cheapest one you can find.

#42552 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3284 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 01:52 PM

"Product Replacement Plans, Pre-owned Games, Gaming Accessories, Collectibles and Apparel"

Either they changed it since you looked at it or you're looking at a different list than I am. 

Yeah looks like it changed for the better since I posted. A good thing.

When I traded in my v1 switch in March, I accidentally included my pro controller cable in the trade and they took it. Now it's May and I have a pro controller without its cable. What should I do in this situation? 

Are you just trying to use the controller?  In that case I would charge it overnight with the console's wall a/c adapter or something.

#42553 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 01:55 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about using the correct cable. I use a Nyko charge block. I find the attachment the most visually compatible vs the other ones. They're like $19 on amazon now. Gamestop clearanced out their first gen pro/joy docks about a year ago between $5-$11. Your local one might still have some in stock if you ask. 

I have the dock connected to a usb port on the switch dock and it's kept my 4 pros charged fine.

6pbFwWP.png

#42554 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1476 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 02:53 PM

With???? Bro just go get a $4 usb cable from Walmart.

Geez

#42555 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24191 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 02:58 PM

Did GS kill the inventory checker thing again? 

#42556 toska  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:04 PM

Did GS kill the inventory checker thing again?

not yet
your stores are just barren prob

2 games i know i returned are showing up for pickup only

#42557 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   483 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 11 May 2021 - 03:19 PM

not yet
your stores are just barren prob

2 games i know i returned are showing up for pickup only

Still cant find Trails of Cold Steel 2 anywhere...

#42558 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4298 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 11 May 2021 - 04:08 PM

Wow finally found a copy of xenoblade chronicles 2. There were none yesterday, but this morning 1 popped up at a location close by. Hopefully I get the ready for pick up email and there's no shenanigans. Glad I never had to pay the eBay scalper price.

#42559 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1711 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 11 May 2021 - 05:34 PM

Wow finally found a copy of xenoblade chronicles 2. There were none yesterday, but this morning 1 popped up at a location close by. Hopefully I get the ready for pick up email and there's no shenanigans. Glad I never had to pay the eBay scalper price.

I hope you get it…my Pokémon Explorers of Sky from yesterday was canceled pretty quick.

#42560 sbaker44  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 06:55 PM

Dollar Tree

#42561 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:47 PM

Yeah, good point. I'm weary of switch games because they could still be reprinted. I can already think of a handful of switch games that I own that were reprinted and the value dropped. Ones that come to mind - Atelier Ryza 1, Shantae 1/2 hero/genie, disaster report 4, and some others. But 3DS, DS, etc. obviously you don't run that risk. I am surprised that the pokemon games inflated so much when 1. There are tons of copies in the world. 2. Reproductions are cheap 3. Emulators can easily emulate those types of games. But there is definitely something to have physical games. I always keep the nicest copies in my collection, and nowadays when games come with physical manuals I find that extremely cool since it is sadly so uncommon now.  

And as far as reprints go, something like Xenoblade games/lesser 1st party titles scream "Nintendo Selects" release to me. Obviously there's no need to drop the price on Mario kart, zelda, etc. because those still sell for $60 years later, but I could definitely see Arms, Splatoon 2 (especially with Splatoon 3 coming), xenoblade 2, mario tennis, and a ton of others being reprinted at a lesser price.

Yeah, but who wants reproductions in their collection. Disgusting.

This is exactly why I will no longer be taking part in trade ins/flips/selling old games, etc. If it's physical now then you run the risk of not being able to buy it back in the future because it's too expensive or rare. I remember trading in the DS Pokemon games like Soulsilver, Heartgold, etc. because they were so common and easy to find cheap, even in brand new condition with the Pokewalkers. Stores were even clearancing them out because they had too many. I now want one for my collection but can't because even a cart only copy in bad condition is extremely expensive. The $50 or so profit I made back then is a joke compared to what they go for now. Now it seems like many niche games like that will literally get one print run and that's it, maybe a quiet reprint at most that sells out quickly. Even PS3 games were worthless a year ago and some of the games that GS had for 4/10 and 4/20 are now increasing in price.

Exactly. I'm not sure why people still trade in their games when you can sell them yourself for multiple times what gamestonk will pay you, especially if they are sealed. The glory days of trading are long over.

#42562 AnubisRW   Magnificent Bastard CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

AnubisRW

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:05 PM

Still cant find Trails of Cold Steel 2 anywhere...

Man, I thought I was the only one.  I finished the first, and have the third sitting ready to go....just need to find the second!

#42563 dchan11  

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:19 PM

there is a copy of caligula effect on switch at gamestop website right now if anyone was interested in the game

#42564 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:19 PM

Man, I thought I was the only one.  I finished the first, and have the third sitting ready to go....just need to find the second!

GL, this game is worth well over $100 now, maybe even $200.

#42565 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   1368 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 11 May 2021 - 08:43 PM

Exactly. I'm not sure why people still trade in their games when you can sell them yourself for multiple times what gamestonk will pay you, especially if they are sealed. The glory days of trading are long over.

I got $32 trade credit for a disc only copy of Mario Kart Wii. Where can I do better after fees?

#42566 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4298 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 11 May 2021 - 09:27 PM

I hope you get it…my Pokémon Explorers of Sky from yesterday was canceled pretty quick.

Just picked it up and even came with case/cover art!

#42567 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:41 AM

Just tried to buy one punch man pre owned and isn’t $15 instore tf

#42568 caggamer1   Banned Banned   27 Posts   Joined 0.3 Years Ago  

caggamer1

Posted 12 May 2021 - 12:51 AM

Huh, no shit. Almost like the Deals of the Day have never worked in store and have always been online only

I'm just curious, why are you being so rude to him? He obviously didn't know that. But yes, Deals of the Day are online only but you didn't need to viciously attack him over a misunderstanding.

#42569 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:11 AM

Make sure to take advantage of the 15% cash back on rakuten when buying the dotd.  Great deal so I picked up 3 trying my luck.  Hoping one of them at least comes complete. 

#42570 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3284 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:15 AM

I'm just curious, why are you being so rude to him? He obviously didn't know that.

The shrewd cheapassgamergamer1 makes a compelling point.