* * * * - 24 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#43081 DrBayrd  

Posted 06 June 2021 - 04:04 PM

his posts are just because he thinks he is better than everyone else.

He's been added to the list!
The ignore list, not the Jericho list.

#43082 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1147 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2021 - 04:08 PM

$10/20/30 e-gift card for spending over $40/80/100 on pre-owned titles > $20 is active now... nothing in stock that interests me at the moment.  :cold:

#43083 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 06 June 2021 - 04:22 PM

Absolutely no sympathy for any piece of trash that buys 10-20 copies of the same fucking game just so they can MAYBE sell the sealed copies on ebay for $20 profit. I hope every single one is opened and customer service makes you jump through hoops to return them.

Dude I have to ask is everything going well for you? I hope it is and everyone on here, it seems like every post you do now is just complaining about something or someone, relax and take it easy. 

tenor.gif

#43084 PS5XBOXSERIESX  

PS5XBOXSERIESX

Posted 06 June 2021 - 04:28 PM

Edit: That was mean

#43085 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7060 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2021 - 05:38 PM

That's a very "yikes" post, bud.

#43086 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2476 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2021 - 06:17 PM

$10/20/30 e-gift card for spending over $40/80/100 on pre-owned titles > $20 is active now... nothing in stock that interests me at the moment. :cold:

Oh cool, didn't even realize this was going to be a thing. I might grab Link's Awakening with this offer.

Edit: well shit, looks like I can't use my monthly $5 cert with this.

#43087 whswhsjohn  

whswhsjohn

Posted 06 June 2021 - 07:29 PM

$10/20/30 e-gift card for spending over $40/80/100 on pre-owned titles > $20 is active now... nothing in stock that interests me at the moment. :cold:

Can you share where to view this offer? Was it on a separate website from gamestop.com?

#43088 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2476 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2021 - 07:34 PM

Can you share where to view this offer? Was it on a separate website from gamestop.com?

You can find the banner for it in the "Deals" tab

#43089 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:06 PM

I understand frustrations if I'm going to Target and buying up all the PS5s or Pokemon cards and no one else has a chance to buy them, but this is a widely available game that anyone else can buy - and I was the one that even brought it to people's attention. This isn't a "quick flip" to make $10 and there's no reason it would be. How on earth can I make money off these games right now if GameStop is selling them for $30? I want sealed copies because I think it is a long term investment, and anyone else is free to do the same. Some people invest in stocks, some people invest in trading/sports cards, and some invest in other things.

#43090 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 06 June 2021 - 09:26 PM

Absolutely no sympathy for any piece of trash that buys 10-20 copies of the same fucking game just so they can MAYBE sell the sealed copies on ebay for $20 profit. I hope every single one is opened and customer service makes you jump through hoops to return them.

Do you think gamestop has any other use besides this? This company is complete garbage, that preys on uniformed customers to trade in valuable games to turn for a profit, willing sells fake pokemon games, and sells opened games as "new". As a publicly traded US entity, I have no idea how they haven't been sued yet for all the crap they pull.

#43091 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11392 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 06 June 2021 - 10:29 PM

his posts are just because he thinks he is better than everyone else.

Well, what if you are just better than everyone else? 

I think lately, people are really stretching "invest" really thin, though... and lots of the ways the seem to be planning to cash out sound a lot like underpants gnomes schemes.  

Honestly, I'd be looking to avoid just about every "collectible" right now.  People have lost their damn minds right now (Pokemon cards mania, etc) and I can't imagine for most things that there's any more pent up demand than exist right now on the vast majority of this stuff.  

Unless it's able to be joined with a promo for some sort of clever wheeling/dealing (credit card points, gamestop promo) it just seems like you're running around waving money around trying to buy stuff at it's peak.  I'd wait for the world to return to normal and buy into the dips when people start questioning why they were buying all of this stuff. 

#43092 ritchardf  

Posted 06 June 2021 - 10:47 PM

I think lately, people are really stretching "invest" really thin, though... and lots of the ways the seem to be planning to cash out sound a lot like underpants gnomes schemes.  

Honestly, I'd be looking to avoid just about every "collectible" right now.  People have lost their damn minds right now (Pokemon cards mania, etc) and I can't imagine for most things that there's any more pent up demand than exist right now on the vast majority of this stuff.  

Unless it's able to be joined with a promo for some sort of clever wheeling/dealing (credit card points, gamestop promo) it just seems like you're running around waving money around trying to buy stuff at it's peak.  I'd wait for the world to return to normal and buy into the dips when people start questioning why they were buying all of this stuff. 

another one for the ignore list, any reason you felt so compelled to reply but not bother to read the thread to even catch up with what the conversation is?

#43093 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 06 June 2021 - 11:07 PM

lol... good luck with that. This is the "new normal". Supply chains are completely broken and will take years to fix themselves.

#43094 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 07 June 2021 - 12:41 AM

Yeah, I think that way of thinking is old school. For whatever reason, people can't seem to acknowledge that investments exist outside of the normal stocks, bonds, gold, etc. And that this is all "short term" and things will return to "normal". I'm not saying the games I'm buying will make me a millionaire, but to say it's "not investing" because it's a different product, is just wrong. And I have a gut feeling we are nowhere near the "peak", as you say, of physical video games. In fact, when they inevitably stop selling physical video games in the future, I am curious to see how the market reacts to vintage games. Even now I feel like there is a premium on complete games because man there is just something nostalgic about flipping through an old video game manual, and 95% of games nowadays just come with an electronic manual.

"Bitcoin is $20?! It's not even real money! You guys are crazy!"

"You paid thousands of dollars for a Tom Brady rookie?! It's a piece of cardboard worth pennies" - Goes on to sell for millions.

"$100k for a 1st edition pokemon box?! The demand can't possibly go any higher, just wait it out!" - Probably worth a million dollars now.

"Investing in sealed pokemon games? You know those things sold MILLIONS of copies right? The marker is flooded, good luck." - Graded and sealed pokemon games can sell for upwards of $100k.

#43095 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 07 June 2021 - 12:51 AM

Jesus Fucking Christ are you serious?!  $100,000?!?!

I have my little brother's pokemon cards (he doesn't want them) from 1999-2000 in a giant book. I should go through them and see how much I can get.

#43096 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:02 AM

I have my little brother's pokemon cards (he doesn't want them) from 1999-2000 in a giant book. I should go through them and see how much I can get.

Sealed product is worth a lot more. A 1st edition base set box is probably $1m right now. As far as loose cards, condition is everything. If they are near mint, he could definitely have hundreds or thousands of dollars in cards, it's worth a look. 

#43097 xanchui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   551 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:05 AM

Yeah, I think that way of thinking is old school. For whatever reason, people can't seem to acknowledge that investments exist outside of the normal stocks, bonds, gold, etc. And that this is all "short term" and things will return to "normal". I'm not saying the games I'm buying will make me a millionaire, but to say it's "not investing" because it's a different product, is just wrong. And I have a gut feeling we are nowhere near the "peak", as you say, of physical video games. In fact, when they inevitably stop selling physical video games in the future, I am curious to see how the market reacts to vintage games. Even now I feel like there is a premium on complete games because man there is just something nostalgic about flipping through an old video game manual, and 95% of games nowadays just come with an electronic manual.

"Bitcoin is $20?! It's not even real money! You guys are crazy!"

"You paid thousands of dollars for a Tom Brady rookie?! It's a piece of cardboard worth pennies" - Goes on to sell for millions.

"$100k for a 1st edition pokemon box?! The demand can't possibly go any higher, just wait it out!" - Probably worth a million dollars now.

"Investing in sealed pokemon games? You know those things sold MILLIONS of copies right? The marker is flooded, good luck." - Graded and sealed pokemon games can sell for upwards of $100k.

I miss having ~100 sealed copies of Pokemon gold. I'd be rich

#43098 TidalDreams   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   408 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

TidalDreams

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:33 AM

I think he's referring to sealed pokemon games. Even then, the only sealed pokemon games that sold close to 100k are crystal and 1st print red. More will likely sell that high in the future though.

For pokemon cards, the only english ones worth over 100k are 1st edition charizard and 1st edition lugia in psa 10. The rest are japanese promos.

EDIT: should clarify that even if it's not 100k, every gen 1 - 3 pokemon game is worth in 5 figures now in sealed mint condition.

#43099 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 03:58 AM

I personally find that kind of hate more disgusting than the ickkk I felt reading the comment about someone saying they bought 10 plus copies of a game, to the point that in my case at least, you do your cause more harm than good.  I don’t like it either, but all the vitriol and effort devoted to shitting on game resellers is just out of proportion for the harm they actually cause.  What good do you think is going to come of shitting on them?  Is it going to make them change their mind…

Just totally disagree with this. Him shitting in a forum post literally has no bearing on any other human on earth. The scum buying up every copy of some clearance game to make a profit of $9.83 is sad and pathetic and actually affects someone who may be trying to buy the game for their kid or as a gift or whatever. 

I’m talking about reselling in general, not necessarily this particular game. It’s just sad and gross. 

Its so funny to me. People in this specific thread lose their minds about the way corporate America treats its employees trying to save a buck, but doesn’t give a shit about how we treat each other, trying to save a buck. 

#43100 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6442 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 07 June 2021 - 04:51 AM

Jeez the thread is just rolling with shit posts lately.

Back on topic with actual deal discussion is the 10 20 30 gift card promo thing actually working this time? As last time all the promos were derped up and didn't work due to overlap possibly.

#43101 2changz  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 05:04 AM

People get mad at other people for prospering, that's how I see the hate towards resellers. If you want something so bad, put in the work or pay up. That's how society is now. I used to love this thread because of the flips we could do with Gamestop. If you didn't partake because of your "reselling morals" then you were just behind in the times.

#43102 Owlmanus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 05:52 AM

do the five dollar monthly rewards work on psn credit?

#43103 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3798 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 07 June 2021 - 06:05 AM

In store, yes. Online, no.

#43104 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:53 AM

$10/20/30 e-gift card for spending over $40/80/100 on pre-owned titles > $20 is active now... nothing in stock that interests me at the moment.  :cold:

I never got mine from the one they did a few months ago

#43105 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 07 June 2021 - 11:56 AM

Most are worthless.  The only ones worth real money were rare back then and are in pristine condition

#43106 toska  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:17 PM

ive got my gift cards but the 30% off promo witha new game doesnt work fyi

#43107 Gamingsincetheseventies  

Gamingsincetheseventies

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:55 PM

ive got my gift cards but the 30% off promo witha new game doesnt work fyi

I noticed both 2 new get %50 off and spend $100 get $30 gift cards both sort of work. 1 will definitely kill the other if going for both in 1 transaction. Also certain games wont work for either promo. I tried buying Atelier Ryza 2 ps4 preowned with 2 new, by it self and with $100 preowned, just would not give any discount for that game. Wound up buying mix of preowned switch, xbox1, and ps4 games, but didnt trigger $30 gift card at $110 worth of preowned, had to add another game to get to $130 for the $30 gift card. Dont know if it didnt like one of my games or what, but didnt want to play around and have some of the games go OOS while finagling, like I did with Gravity Rush the other day, so I just bought the extra game. Guess I can always return it after I use the $30 gift card.

#43108 Gamingsincetheseventies  

Gamingsincetheseventies

Posted 07 June 2021 - 02:17 PM

Seems like the buy new get 30% or 50%, only works on 1 $39.99 and under preowned. Anything higher kicks in the $10,$20,$30 gift card promo and kills the 30% or 50% deal.

#43109 bonesawisready   YES! YES! YES! CAGiversary!   1979 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

bonesawisready

Posted 07 June 2021 - 02:24 PM

Gonna try my first price match in store. Best Buy near me has Yakuza LAD for $30, I just show the in stock online screen to the clerk right? Or is it not that simple?

#43110 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38067 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2021 - 02:44 PM

Gonna try my first price match in store. Best Buy near me has Yakuza LAD for $30, I just show the in stock online screen to the clerk right? Or is it not that simple?

It hopefully is that simple. When I price-matched Walmart's $50.94 price for Mass Effect Legendary Edition, I only had to show the employee the price in the app and that it was Walmart's price at the closest store, then he scanned a barcode that rang up "Walmart Price-Match" and adjusted the price manually.