* * * - - 27 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#44431 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 25 July 2021 - 09:13 PM

Can't see pre-orders either. Just says:

Online January 27, 2017
Pre-Order
Available: TBD

Feel like with all this messing with the features of the website, pro membership, etc. that this info could get "lost" in the shuffle. Have a couple active pre-orders open, that I can't even remember how much I have down or where all I have pre-orders open. Some are pretty old/have been open for like a year (NBA 2k21, Spider-Man Miles Morales, and maybe one other pre-order that is either all paid off or partially paid off).

#44432 Japakneez   You are big foo CAGiversary!   2415 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2021 - 09:17 PM

Permanent. It wasn't supposed to work last month. That was the first time it did.

Oh wow, didn't know that. Luckily I got digital eshop that way. 

#44433 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5926 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 25 July 2021 - 09:31 PM

You can still use the coupon on digital currency in store. It's just online that was never intended to work.

#44434 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2021 - 11:19 PM

I had an in store pre-order fully paid off that I went to pick up six days after release.  They didn’t have any copies, said it must have sold out.  Not a big deal.  I forgot to even ask what happens to my money though.  Anyone know?

#44435 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3357 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2021 - 11:22 PM

I had an in store pre-order fully paid off that I went to pick up six days after release.  They didn’t have any copies, said it must have sold out.  Not a big deal.  I forgot to even ask what happens to my money though.  Anyone know?

You either cancel it for a refund or roll it onto another preorder.  The latter is an option if you don't want the employee to take the -1 in metrics.

#44436 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 12:38 AM

You either cancel it for a refund or roll it onto another preorder.  The latter is an option if you don't want the employee to take the -1 in metrics.

Thanks, guess I assumed the rep just canceled it when they couldn’t fulfill, but then had the thought, wait, this is GameStop…I also paid for the pre-order by returning a game from a different order.  Hopefully they could figure out where to refund the money still, but this is GameStop.  I’ll have to follow up next time I’m there.

#44437 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4387 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 26 July 2021 - 01:03 AM

Thanks, guess I assumed the rep just canceled it when they couldn’t fulfill, but then had the thought, wait, this is GameStop…I also paid for the pre-order by returning a game from a different order. Hopefully they could figure out where to refund the money still, but this is GameStop. I’ll have to follow up next time I’m there.

I think they had a new policy that if a pre order isn't picked up within 30 days it can only be refunded as credit so if you paid cash/card I'd do it sooner than later.

#44438 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   576 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 26 July 2021 - 04:50 AM

there was a B1G3 glitch on consoles last night, prob disabled cuz of that. I had to drive around all morning before anything got cancelled. Picked up 4 PS4's, 4 XboneX and 8 Switches

Pics or it didn’t happen

#44439 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6561 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 26 July 2021 - 06:48 AM

Pics or it didn’t happen

Jurai trolls regularly. Best to ignore them.  Their really bucking for a ban at this rate. 

#44440 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 26 July 2021 - 02:16 PM

Fallen Legion Revenants is $19.99 today.  Did anyone get an actual sealed one last time the price dropped?

#44441 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 26 July 2021 - 02:19 PM

So just adding on to the mystery pre-orders/I can’t remember chat. If you change the phone number on your account online, as opposed to in-store, your pre-orders will stay attached to the old phone number and disappear off your account. They can still be found in store if they look them up by phone number, but they won’t show up on your account proper. The SL or whoever will have to cancel the preorders off the old number, put the deposits onto a trade card, then re-order or purchase them on your main account. Happened to me around Skyward release at multiple stores, all unable to see any pre-orders on my account.

#44442 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4232 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 02:48 PM

Fallen Legion Revenants is $19.99 today.  Did anyone get an actual sealed one last time the price dropped?

just price match at target / best buy. no point in ordering from gamestop if you want it sealed

#44443 Alexpguy  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 02:56 PM

FYI Diablo III (NSW) is back in stock @ $25.99.

#44444 D34GL3  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:43 PM

Can a $15 coupon be used towards a used game? What about a game on sale? Wondering if I could use it on Dark Souls 3 for $14.88 or does it need to be at least $15? TIA

#44445 Malkavianone  

Malkavianone

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:45 PM

They have a banner that says you get a $15 gift card when you renew PUR using Klarna.

I tried doing this yesterday (using their link on the promo page terms & conditions to sign up), and it gave me some error telling me to go to the store to upgrade to pro, but it looks like this is only good online.

I tried again today and it's trying to do auto-renewal, and even if I don't check that box, Klarna isn't able to be selected (along with any other payment method except credit card) and says "Does Not Support Auto-Renewal," so what gives?

#44446 caggamers  

caggamers

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:58 PM

Nope. Display copy with clear circle sticker that leaves residue so bad that you have to swap out the case.

#44447 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3888 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 04:19 PM

I got a question.  I am "pretty" sure i redeemed my monthly coupon in july already.  Yesterday i received an email saying my july $5 coupon is waiting. Is it an error or they somehow send me another one?

#44448 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 26 July 2021 - 04:22 PM

I have no problem pulling up the ps4,ps5,x series x versions for $29.99 on gamestop.com

It's not the Day One Edition. DOE comes with an artbook and soundtrack.

#44449 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4232 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 04:44 PM

Nope. Display copy with clear circle sticker that leaves residue so bad that you have to swap out the case.

you cant remove the sticker with a hair dryer? you can use a hair dryer to remove the target security stickers from lego boxes.

#44450 superxgaga   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

superxgaga

Posted 26 July 2021 - 05:53 PM

Fallen Legion Revenants is $19.99 today. Did anyone get an actual sealed one last time the price dropped?

Last time I ordered it "new", got an envelope with just the cartridge in it.

#44451 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2515 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 06:23 PM

Nope, got a "used" new one as well.

#44452 NunyaBusiness  

NunyaBusiness

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:50 PM

I got a question.  I am "pretty" sure i redeemed my monthly coupon in july already.  Yesterday i received an email saying my july $5 coupon is waiting. Is it an error or they somehow send me another one?

Exact same situation for me. I think they might have sent out extras on accident? I also renewed my PUR though, so maybe it has something to do with that.

#44453 Smithers123  

Smithers123

Posted 26 July 2021 - 08:13 PM

To whoever recommended buying multiple copies of Niche titles you were absolutely wrong lmao. Other copy of DOTD Catherine showed up and it was also a gutted display copy!

#44454 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 08:29 PM

As other people have suggested, try price matching Fallen Legions Revenant at Target/BB instead of ordering from GameStop. Same goes for Poison Control and Sakura wars - all have been gutted last time I ordered them and my local stores only had gutted copies

#44455 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6561 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:11 PM

Last ones I ordered were clear circle sticker and the other in a large plastic clear thing. Like it was sealed in an oversized Plastic wrap.

#44456 deserter280  

deserter280

Posted 26 July 2021 - 09:47 PM

To whoever recommended buying multiple copies of Niche titles you were absolutely wrong lmao. Other copy of DOTD Catherine showed up and it was also a gutted display copy!

Sucks. Maybe it's gotten worse. I've had major problems with guts lately but not when ordering two. Might be because I usually try to stay away from the niche weeb games that seem to get very little stock at GS. Maybe the solution next time is to buy 5 lol

#44457 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15081 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:13 PM

I tried getting Observer System Redux Day One Edition. PlayAsia said it would release in July in the US and UK but nobody, not even GameStop have it. Does anybody know why?

It just released on Friday the 23rd.

#44458 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15081 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:15 PM

As other people have suggested, try price matching Fallen Legions Revenant at Target/BB instead of ordering from GameStop. Same goes for Poison Control and Sakura wars - all have been gutted last time I ordered them and my local stores only had gutted copies

None of the Best Buy or Target locations here in STL carry the obscure games like that. Hopefully better luck for others.

#44459 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:40 PM

I got that email as well and I've already redeemed my July coupon twice (instore/online). 

But when I compared the code in the email to the screenshot of the original coupon, the code is the same. So, it must just be some kind of reminder they are sending out now (without checking if it was used). 

#44460 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3888 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 July 2021 - 10:46 PM

I got that email as well and I've already redeemed my July coupon twice (instore/online). 

But when I compared the code in the email to the screenshot of the original coupon, the code is the same. So, it must just be some kind of reminder they are sending out now (without checking if it was used). 

I try using the code in the email and it appear to "work" online.