* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#451 Maneru  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:19 AM

what did you have to do to get the glitch to work? I tried everything and noone was sharing the info :P

#452 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:53 AM

Got my 3 Switch games today in the mail. Two of them came in generic cases and the other one came in the original case but looked like someone sneezed on the cartridge. Those new used labels are a bitch to take off.

#453 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   403 Posts   Joined 3.1 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:25 AM

Those new used labels are a bitch to take off.

people who dont care how games look wont care but honestly ive been avoiding gamestop because of this lately. screw physical games if they dont have the case, and screw the case if it gets treated like plastic wrap for a disc.

#454 Jurai  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:43 AM

Nuddie pics or gtfo!!!

not sure what a nuddie pic is lol

#455 Nelson2011   Huh?! CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:43 AM

Well out of my 9 switch games they only sent me 8 and the one missing was donkey kong :(. Also from my b2g1 switch order one of them was missing the joy con grip :( and only one of the switches was packed right, the other two were just thrown in the box. Tho the tablet part was wrapped in bubble wrap.

#456 mojoaoe  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:28 AM

Well out of my 9 switch games they only sent me 8 and the one missing was donkey kong :(. Also from my b2g1 switch order one of them was missing the joy con grip :( and only one of the switches was packed right, the other two were just thrown in the box. Tho the tablet part was wrapped in bubble wrap.

Out of my 6 switches, I got 3 packaged extremely well. 2 came in just tossed in the box with the tablet in a separate baggy, and still waiting on one more. The thing that pissed me off is one of the preowned switches has that dock scratch which is really noticeable, does anyone know if I can get them to replace that specific console??

#457 YawnAmuroYawn  

YawnAmuroYawn

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:34 AM

I got 2 Xbox One X, 2 PS3 Slims, and a bunch of Rockstar and COD games for $230

Stfu. Quit running your mouth after the fact.

#458 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:34 AM

Out of my 6 switches, I got 3 packaged extremely well. 2 came in just tossed in the box with the tablet in a separate baggy, and still waiting on one more. The thing that pissed me off is one of the preowned switches has that dock scratch which is really noticeable, does anyone know if I can get them to replace that specific console??

Return/Exchange Policy is on your packing list. Yes, you can exchange it.

#459 Jurai  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:49 AM

Stfu. Quit running your mouth after the fact.

Not sure how stating what I got in the sale is running my mouth, but have a good rest of the evening my bud

#460 Jurai  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:51 AM

One of my ps3 slims came in an aftermarket system shell, serial sticker had been obviously removed reapplied to the new shell, lacks any PS3 identifiers but at least it's not all scratched up I guess, same with one of the dualshock 3's, at first I thought maybe it was a knock off but it interally has a legit DS3 pcb inside, just stuck inside a shell with no sony / dualshock branding to be found

#461 unsusteinable  

unsusteinable

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:05 AM

hi got a quick question , didnt have the chance of going to gamestop to pick up my preorder of the nintendo 2ds zelda edition , now i  just looked at my app and it doesnt show me the preorder any more and im unable to find it on the app or the website , can anybody give me some info what may have happened? or does it dissapear like that always?

#462 Ketsui   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1361 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:44 AM

Question: can i use my Elite membership+20% bday coupon+$5 off preowned PUR on a game?

#463 Jurai  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:01 AM

Welcome to the world of "premium" refurbished. I used the xbox 360 blast from the past controller bundles for mine and I have 16 360 controllers that are all literally crap and they all have obviously been "refurbished". I will be returning these turds lol.

Ouch lol

Seeing as how everything shipped with separate receipts will they let you just do a return of part of the B2G1 order

#464 Jurai  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:03 AM

hi got a quick question , didnt have the chance of going to gamestop to pick up my preorder of the nintendo 2ds zelda edition , now i just looked at my app and it doesnt show me the preorder any more and im unable to find it on the app or the website , can anybody give me some info what may have happened? or does it dissapear like that always?

I'd call the store tomorrow

#465 Jurai  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:34 AM

Yeah the only games I got that I'm keeping were NES carts, my filler stuff is a nah

#466 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1885 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:57 AM

hi got a quick question , didnt have the chance of going to gamestop to pick up my preorder of the nintendo 2ds zelda edition , now i just looked at my app and it doesnt show me the preorder any more and im unable to find it on the app or the website , can anybody give me some info what may have happened? or does it dissapear like that always?

Check the preorder section of the desktop site. It should still be there. They screwed up the app a few months back, and now it won't show some preorders, particularly those that are available for pickup.

#467 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:18 PM

I got 2 Xbox One X, 2 PS3 Slims, and a bunch of Rockstar and COD games for $230

Take advantage of the glitch to buy multiples, but heaven forbid anyone else on CAG flip something. Jurai confirmed biggest hypocrite on the forum.

#468 Lumas101  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:31 PM

Take advantage of the glitch to buy multiples, but heaven forbid anyone else on CAG flip something. Jurai confirmed biggest hypocrite on the forum.

Edit: I think I misread your post.

#469 Jurai  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:00 PM

I slam people who buy stores out and screw people just trying to get a deal over my dude

#470 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:32 PM

I slam people who buy stores out and screw people just trying to get a deal over my dude

Bottom line making the information public after the fact when some people haven't even received their items not to mention all but guarantees a glitch like this won't happen again. That is just a greedy thing to do.

Elitism at its finest. "Look at me guys I got in on a deal that you didn't"

If the truth be known you don't even know how to glitch, bro. You paid at least double what you needed to achieve greatness.

#471 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

I tweeted Gamestop to thank them for the glitch.

#472 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

NSW games haven’t bumped back up in TIV yet, but I’m still hopeful it’ll happen before the 8th 🤞🏼

#473 bill123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:23 PM

Heads up, new marketing kit dropped and the 40% bump towards digital currency will continue till 7/22 for the time being. So you have some options if you can't get trades in or values don't go back up before the 8th.

#474 Adhiman  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

Damn I knew I should’ve PMed the guy about the glitch.

#475 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7821 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:54 PM

Do the clearance collectibles ever go past 50% off discount?

#476 ghost1914  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:55 PM

Does GameStop sell VUDU gift cards? And if so, has anyone tried buying one with trade credit?

#477 bill123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1256 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

Do the clearance collectibles ever go past 50% off discount?

If you get the 7.99 collectible bag right now you can knock another 25% off the clearance. But that’s really been the highest I’ve seen.

#478 Bob Dole  

Bob Dole

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

FYI,  South Park Factured But Whole for the switch is a easy credit mover over to BB if you are looking for BB credit. Burned a couple of certs to move some credit over.  Also MLB the show 18 for PS4 is a small hit mover.

• ck0 likes this

#479 PandaJohnson  

PandaJohnson

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:28 PM

Is buying games and immediately selling back something that frown upon by employees? Is it it a trade they will reject (I assume they have the discretion to reject any trade they want). My GCU ended so am giving the GameStop/ trading method so am new to this. I have 4 games towards the six game credit bump, and I was thinking of just buying (using already existing credit) two copies of fifa 18 and trading back in order to reach the 6 game threshold.

#480 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:51 PM

Pretty solidly not a good thing to do