* * * - - 32 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#50941 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   17207 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:12 AM

I've never been able to doubledip my monthly.  But i've not tried it many times.  Is the key to redeem them store first then online or online then store?  Also does time matter?  Like do you have to do it right away?

Regarding shipping:  if it comes from a store, it's fucked.  if it comes from Grapevine TX, you have a better chance it doesn't get delayed, or get a used game, etc.   Every time FedEX says "STORE MANAGER" i know i'm fucked.

#50942 toska  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:21 AM

you get an email with the code every month

just use it in store then copy that code and use it online in that order

#50943 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   17207 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:26 AM

yeah but when i try to use it online it says "already used."   

#50944 toska  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:27 AM

idk ive had no issues yet must be a ymmv thing

#50945 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4143 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:35 AM

I went to the store to check on Madden 22 for Series X and it was $12.xx credit and $9.60 cash. Would anyone happen to know what Mario Rabbids is right now? I saw that the price went up quite a bit. 

#50946 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   17207 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:41 AM

I went to the store to check on Madden 22 for Series X and it was $12.xx credit and $9.60 cash. Would anyone happen to know what Mario Rabbids is right now? I saw that the price went up quite a bit. 

Dude you know TIVs are online right?  Here's rabbids base value.

• Store Credit
    $6.00
  • Cash
    $4.80

#50947 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4143 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:56 AM

Dude you know TIVs are online right?  Here's rabbids base value.

• Store Credit
    $6.00
  • Cash
    $4.80

Lol. I do know this, but Madden's TIV wasn't online for a long time and I checked Rabbids this morning and got the same thing I was getting from Madden. I appreciate the heavy lifting tho and getting me the Rabbids value.  8-)

#50948 Jurai   Banned Banned   3874 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 01:01 AM

I'm about to charge back the Fuck out of GameStop lol

#50949 laserbearcat  

laserbearcat

Posted 03 December 2021 - 01:09 AM

I'm about to charge back the Fuck out of GameStop lol

What happened?!?!?

#50950 SoulEdgeVII   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   781 Posts   Joined 18.5 Years Ago  

SoulEdgeVII

Posted 03 December 2021 - 01:11 AM

yeah but when i try to use it online it says "already used."   

I leave an item in my online cart with the coupon applied. Then I do an in-store purchase. Right when I get the receipt for the in-store purchase, I check out online and the second $5 off goes through. I haven't been able to double dip applying the coupon code later.

#50951 dchrisd   F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3 CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:25 AM

Speculation time.  What's the chance Gamestop will have regular, non bundled Series X or PS5 with Disc within the next year, and -fairly- easy to get? 

Asking because I'm really tempted to sell my XB1 and/ or PS4 to Gamestop, so I can upgrade (doubt I'll get a better offer later), but don't want to be stuck with so much credit, so I'd rather buy the new console from them.  Don't want to deal with private sellers / ebay

#50952 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5061 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:32 AM

Speculation time.  What's the chance Gamestop will have regular, non bundled Series X or PS5 with Disc within the next year, and -fairly- easy to get? 

Asking because I'm really tempted to sell my XB1 and/ or PS4 to Gamestop, so I can upgrade (doubt I'll get a better offer later), but don't want to be stuck with so much credit, so I'd rather buy the new console from them.  Don't want to deal with private sellers / ebay

i don't think anyone knows what will happen with the supply. if the rest of the stores start having consistent stock, there is no way gamestop will keep doing bundles as they won't be able to sell them. your best bet is to hope for a microsoft bundle email then use all your gamestop credit on xbox currency to buy the microsoft bundle.

#50953 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:41 AM

Yeah, Gamestop did things in a weird way. They cancelled and shipped orders and then charged back the original payment method for $299.99 (instead of $310+tax, so it is cheaper). Everything should work out in the long run (ie. still get two XBOXs for the price of 1), but it's annoying if people want to return an order that doesn't exist/was cancelled. 

Not sure how chargebacks would work. With paypal at least the seller has an opportunity to respond. You can show proof you were charged for a cancelled order, but Gamestop can provide a tracking number as well. Not sure who PayPal would try with. I'd probably rather not deal with it and be perma-banned from GS online. 

All said and done, it's a total Gamestop way to do things. If they were going to cancel the order, just do it and don't ship anything out/charge anything. If you are going to honor the 2 for 1, just let the original payment go through, don't cancel and re-charge. 

#50954 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   9011 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 03 December 2021 - 02:45 AM

Anyone else have a delayed order from a couple weeks ago?

My order from the 19th was supposed to be delivered the 29th and it's been stuck on the same place for over a week
No new status updates since the 28th.

My other 2 orders placed the same day arrived almost a week ago.

#50955 organikshadow  

organikshadow

Posted 03 December 2021 - 03:05 AM

Do you know the sender address that the emaill comes from? I signed up early November and got an email from gamestop about signing up. Haven't received an email sin e, and my coupon didn't show up until like November 30th (December coupon).

#50956 Sqrtl007sqd  

Sqrtl007sqd

Posted 03 December 2021 - 03:46 AM

Do you know the sender address that the emaill comes from? I signed up early November and got an email from gamestop about signing up. Haven't received an email sin e, and my coupon didn't show up until like November 30th (December coupon).

My coupon came in an E-mail titled Gamestop Powerup Rewards but from Gamestop.com as the E-Mail address. If you use Gmail, it was in my promotions tab and not in the primary. Gmail is weird in that there are some Gamestop E-mails that I get in the primary tab and then there are way more that I get in the promotions tab, even when they pertain to the same subjects. I've gotten shipping notices and order notices in both boxes, and it appears to be random as to which one the E-mails will go into.

#50957 laserbearcat  

laserbearcat

Posted 03 December 2021 - 03:47 AM

Yeah, Gamestop did things in a weird way. They cancelled and shipped orders and then charged back the original payment method for $299.99 (instead of $310+tax, so it is cheaper). Everything should work out in the long run (ie. still get two XBOXs for the price of 1), but it's annoying if people want to return an order that doesn't exist/was cancelled. 

Not sure how chargebacks would work. With paypal at least the seller has an opportunity to respond. You can show proof you were charged for a cancelled order, but Gamestop can provide a tracking number as well. Not sure who PayPal would try with. I'd probably rather not deal with it and be perma-banned from GS online. 

All said and done, it's a total Gamestop way to do things. If they were going to cancel the order, just do it and don't ship anything out/charge anything. If you are going to honor the 2 for 1, just let the original payment go through, don't cancel and re-charge.

You have to own it if you decided to go for the glitch. We all know with GameStop things could go western. They obviously don’t want to give away free consoles. If you received one console and they charged you for it just return it.

#50958 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5061 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 04:56 AM

You have to own it if you decided to go for the glitch. We all know with GameStop things could go western. They obviously don’t want to give away free consoles. If you received one console and they charged you for it just return it.

if they canceled the orders and still shipped/charged for the items, it will be interesting to see how the return process works if there is no order # related to the items

#50959 fantomgamer   Master Poster CAGiversary!   360 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 03 December 2021 - 05:01 AM

if they canceled the orders and still shipped/charged for the items, it will be interesting to see how the return process works if there is no order # related to the items

Agree. I got an email that an item shipped, the order is cancelled under Orders on my GameStop account and I do not have a charge on my credit card. None of this makes any sense.

I am happy to return to the store but with a cancelled order, will they turn me away claiming the item came from somewhere else?

#50960 laserbearcat  

laserbearcat

Posted 03 December 2021 - 05:10 AM

If they don’t charge you and the order doesn’t exist you might as well keep it. I assume they will include an invoice but for how much I don’t know.

#50961 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 03 December 2021 - 06:07 AM

8cd2cb0e-5a26-4fc4-9fb0-f83f068a156d_tex

#50962 vantheman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1304 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 06:14 AM

Does anyone else have a store that refuses to take 6th gen trades anymore? They are on the website but they always tell me their system refuses to load those values, and that the online values are "outdated". I haven't tried going to my other store yet, but can anyone confirm their local store is still taking 360 games?

#50963 IMikeU   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   154 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 06:48 AM

Yes, certain stores have decided not to take in older titles.. I have one in my area.

#50964 kobeisgod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

kobeisgod

Posted 03 December 2021 - 07:04 AM

Well one of my 2 gamestop orders from black friday says delivered but I never received it  :wall:

I gave it a couple days in case there was an error and some delay from USPS but no such luck. I have a security camera so it was definitely not stolen.

#50965 the Gooseler   Damon Baird CAGiversary!   964 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

the Gooseler

Posted 03 December 2021 - 07:29 AM

Several of my orders said shipped with delivery dates of Wed, Thurs and Friday, but now all say waiting pickup. Now another one that I never received any info for just arrived. Why do they even bother with tracking info at this point.

#50966 SukhShanti  

SukhShanti

Posted 03 December 2021 - 07:36 AM

Did anyone else get double shipped on certain games? I got an extra 4 $27 Switch games lol thanks GameStop!

#50967 DealsHunterZ  

DealsHunterZ

Posted 03 December 2021 - 07:49 AM

Is GameStop unable to do anything once you place an order? I asked them to cancel an order many times but they said they couldn't. I was hoping to return them to store once they got delivered but it got returned back to GameStop Warehouse when it was in the FedEx near my house (processing refund now). Now an order from the 21st is "Awaiting Carrier Pickup" after tracking info were shown a few days ago. My trade credits have been stuck in limbo for 2 weeks now. I had to use cash to pay during Black Friday sales. :cry:

#50968 mackie619   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

mackie619

Posted 03 December 2021 - 08:34 AM

Is GameStop unable to do anything once you place an order? I asked them to cancel an order many times but they said they couldn't. I was hoping to return them to store once they got delivered but it got returned back to GameStop Warehouse when it was in the FedEx near my house (processing refund now). Now an order from the 21st is "Awaiting Carrier Pickup" after tracking info were shown a few days ago. My trade credits have been stuck in limbo for 2 weeks now. I had to use cash to pay during Black Friday sales. :cry:

And this is what I am afraid of now. I made a purchase on 11/23 that is still showing "awaiting pick up" and I'm afraid to just tell them to refund me on account that I paid with almost $190 in trade credit.
I don't want the trade credit to be a casualty of my poor judgement of buying a TV through them.

#50969 DaShaka   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2215 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 December 2021 - 11:00 AM

Is the 50% trade bonus still going?

#50970 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 03 December 2021 - 12:27 PM

Well one of my 2 gamestop orders from black friday says delivered but I never received it :wall:
I gave it a couple days in case there was an error and some delay from USPS but no such luck. I have a security camera so it was definitely not stolen.

I thought most GameStop orders were FedEx.

For USPS, sign up for informed delivery so you know all the letters & packages you should be getting each day.