* * * - - 4 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#31 Da_Mole  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

Can we ban everyone that makes a dumbass "fresh" or "new smell" comment.

And said ban should automatically extend to anyone clinging to the G-fuel meme.

#32 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3431 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:36 PM

Can we ban everyone that makes a dumbass "fresh" or "new smell" comment.

Reported.

#33 Da_Mole  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:43 PM

I ended up keeping the Wii system with the missing cover door. Instead of getting $35 minus defect fee for trading in the entire system, I traded in the wiimote, nunchuck, and hook ups and got $36.40 them. Yes, I got more by keeping the system than I would have was I able to trade it in for full value.
Gotta love Gamestop.

This reminds me of a time years ago when I nabbed more credit by trading in my 360 power brick than what I'd have gotten by giving them the 4 gb slim system it came with. S*** makes no sense at times.

#34 Potatoeman  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

Selling items piecemeal is almost always a more profitable business, so it makes sense in that case. The way the Xbox 360s used to be priced was really weird for sure though, and I used to just take the parts in instead of the systems since most people's systems were not well kept.

#35 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3476 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

Selling items piecemeal is almost always a more profitable business, so it makes sense in that case. The way the Xbox 360s used to be priced was really weird for sure though, and I used to just take the parts in instead of the systems since most people's systems were not well kept.

ah, the good ol' days where the 360 power adapter netted $36-38 IIRC by itself.

#36 beatums  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

Yes, I got more by keeping the system than I would have was I able to trade it in for full value.
Gotta love Gamestop.

This is why I have 3 ps3 systems and only 1 controller. $22 for a controller, or $25 for a console and controller? Yeah I think not

#37 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

Reported.

Reported for reporting!

#38 Uncle Anwar   Lemurian Cult Leader CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Uncle Anwar

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:55 PM

Having worked at Gamestop before I feel bad for some of these guys constantly having to pitch stuff to people that they know aren't interested.

That must be why you needed to announce that you would buy it cheaper somewhere else instead of just saying ‘no, thanks’.

#39 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1521 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

This reminds me of a time years ago when I nabbed more credit by trading in my 360 power brick than what I'd have gotten by giving them the 4 gb slim system it came with. S*** makes no sense at times.

I remember that - I did it myself 4 years ago I believe. They were giving some silly amount for just the power bricks - I remember getting close to $40 just for the power adapter. I just finally sold off the consoles themselves last year :D

#40 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

Agreed, I think the best bump from last week's promo was the One S for $250.

I've been pretty bored as well this year with Microsoft's lack of desirable exclusives, so I bought the PS4 and loaded up on some of their exclusives that I've wanted to play for a long time (Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, TLOU Remastered, Uncharted).

Speaking of PS4, I'm glad I bought Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5 and 2.8 last week for $20 each, as they went back to $30. I was surprised to see that all of the stores in my area pretty much sold out of KH. I snagged my store's last 1.5/2.5 (gutted) and second to last 2.8 (sealed :bouncy: ).

I remember seeing limited edition copies of those KH games and just when I thought maybe toys r us would still have some, I find out they’re going out of business. I guess I’ll be looking out for those LE KH games on eBay or actually just get the kingdom hearts bundle later next year I think

#41 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6085 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

I didn't even know this was a "real" account until I checked post history.

#42 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14193 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:22 PM

360 Slim AC brick & controller are worth more than 4 GB system (which require those two for trade in) currently ($20 vs. $15.)

#43 Da_Mole  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:29 PM

Still eh? Man that's hilarious. Idk even know what to do with that poor 360. I'll probably keep it as a spare for whenever I don't have any consoles or pc for whatever reason.

#44 The Stache   I remember when GCU was $120 CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

The Stache

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:35 PM

A new Gamestop thread popping up because the thread creator was banned AGAIN! What could possibly go wrong?

Oh, SNAP! Better watch out, Camperina!

#45 CamperinaBush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

CamperinaBush

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:46 PM

Oh, SNAP! Better watch out, Camperina!

BB9D4F66-96A9-47AA-B7AB-313B1E4788E3.png

#46 liquidsword13  

liquidsword13

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:51 PM

If it's the Days of Play blue PS4, I think it's limited so that would be the biggest determining factor. You'll get a 50% bump if you trade in all 7 games, as well as $30 additional for your current PS4.

yeah thats the one i want. im probably not going to trade anything with them i just saw that if i was not elite pro i would get more for trading a ps4. makes no sense but probably a sign to just keep the OG. idk if it matters that i still have the PT demo lol

#47 The Lord Tachanka  

The Lord Tachanka

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:30 AM

yeah thats the one i want. im probably not going to trade anything with them i just saw that if i was not elite pro i would get more for trading a ps4. makes no sense but probably a sign to just keep the OG. idk if it matters that i still have the PT demo lol

How would you get more for trading the ps4 if you were not elite pro? Am I missing something?

#48 fredyyy  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:16 AM

I have games that are has less than $1 TIV. Would that count toward the 6 games 50% bonus credit?

#49 JMD3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:31 AM

I have games that are has less than $1 TIV. Would that count toward the 6 games 50% bonus credit?

Yes I traded in 2 today that were $0.80 as part of my 6.

#50 The Lord Tachanka  

The Lord Tachanka

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:00 AM

So, I just bought a Switch this past weekend(yay me!). I want to get a screen protector for it before I start using it. Which one would you guys recommend I go with? https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01N3ASPNV#
This is the one I read a lot of people talk about. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

#51 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2593 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:02 AM

So, I just bought a Switch this past weekend(yay me!). I want to get a screen protector for it before I start using it. Which one would you guys recommend I go with? https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B01N3ASPNV#

That's the one I have, works great, easy to put on and comes with an extra in case you screw up or need another down the line. I haven't used any other ones so can can't speak to the quality of them.

Not sure if it's just me but both ad links in the OP are giving me an error.

#52 Alexpguy  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:17 AM

https://www.amazon.c...i?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this, and frankly all the tempered glass screen protectors had the same specs and are probably all the same thing. The screen protectors work great and went on easy, and the case is very understated but effective. I recommend it.

#53 Jurai  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:27 AM

heads up, Nintendo is apparently banning Switch cartridges that are detected to be playing online on CFW, the specific singular cart's certificate, which means you could potentially purchase a used switch game that cannot go online

#54 Da_Mole  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:48 AM

Hahaha oh man, that's hilarious. Nintendo found the best way to insure people only buy new or digital games.

#55 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   9859 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:50 AM

heads up, Nintendo is apparently banning Switch cartridges that are detected to be playing online on CFW, the specific singular cart's certificate, which means you could potentially purchase a used switch game that cannot go online

Hopefully they provide a method for you to check a cartridge without getting banned.

#56 Jurai  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:12 AM

Hopefully they provide a method for you to check a cartridge without getting banned.

yeah idk, this is gonna turn into a total shit show if nintendo starts banning tons of individual carts

#57 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

Cfw?

#58 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13794 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

In yet another episode of why Nintendo will eventually go under. . .

#59 Jurai  

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:17 AM

Cfw?

Custom firmware, backup loading / piracy got enabled this week to the public so people are going to town

#60 The Lord Tachanka  

The Lord Tachanka

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:21 AM

That's the one I have, works great, easy to put on and comes with an extra in case you screw up or need another down the line. I haven't used any other ones so can can't speak to the quality of them.

https://www.amazon.c...i?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this, and frankly all the tempered glass screen protectors had the same specs and are probably all the same thing. The screen protectors work great and went on easy, and the case is very understated but effective. I recommend it.

Thanks for the input!

Not sure if it's just me but both ad links in the OP are giving me an error.

I'm getting an error when clicking on both links as well.