* * * * - 7 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#7291 willworkforbits   Mark CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

willworkforbits

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:36 PM

So a buddy of mine bought Horizon Zero Down, Uncharted 4 and the Drake Collection for me using my trade credit on Black Friday, but the idiot got used copies for the Uncharted games instead of new sealed ones and spent more of my credit than he should have. Will I have any trouble getting my credit back and/or getting new copies of the games I wanted?

Friend did you a favor (?) and is now an idiot.  Nice.

#7292 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36893 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:04 PM

Friend did you a favor (?) and is now an idiot.  Nice.

If he specifically asked the friend to buy new copies of those games and the friend ended up getting used copies, then yes, said friend is an idiot who didn't follow directions.

#7293 willworkforbits   Mark CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

willworkforbits

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:22 PM

If he specifically asked the friend to buy new copies of those games and the friend ended up getting used copies, then yes, said friend is an idiot who didn't follow directions.

Gamestop can be a chaotic place, maybe new copies weren't available.  So the lesson is, never do anything for a friend who will call you an idiot if you potentially did the best you could.  Got it!  

#7294 fredyyy  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:30 PM

So a buddy of mine bought Horizon Zero Down, Uncharted 4 and the Drake Collection for me using my trade credit on Black Friday, but the idiot got used copies for the Uncharted games instead of new sealed ones and spent more of my credit than he should have. Will I have any trouble getting my credit back and/or getting new copies of the games I wanted?

I will never call a friend who buy me wrong things an idiot. Clearly some people don't have manners

Also do you really go to GS to buy sealed games? hahaha

#7295 bige562   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

You can get your money back since it's under 30 days but I doubt they'll give you a new one for the black Friday price

Actually this is incorrect. You can only get your money back within 7 days on used games but you have 30 days to exchange it for the same product if it's defective. The 30 money back policy is only for new unopened merchandise.

Edit: I'm assuming it was in store but if it was online then I believe you still have time to return them.

#7296 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:13 PM

I find it funny people complain about Gamestop treating them like crap for helping but treating your friend like crap for helping is ok :-P  

#7297 iroute   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:55 PM

Take a look at your receipt.  We are in the holiday timeframe for returns and GStop is very generous in bumping the return times for ALL games to January 15th (for purchases from Thanksgiving on).  I didn't believe the print, so I asked a manager and they confirmed the return window.  Normally USED games are 7days and new/unopened games are 30.

#7298 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14025 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 04:42 PM

This thread right now. . .

tenor.gif

#7299 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10072 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:30 PM

lol Jodou's been on fire lately :)

#7300 The Masked Heel  

The Masked Heel

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

Take a look at your receipt.  We are in the holiday timeframe for returns and GStop is very generous in bumping the return times for ALL games to January 15th (for purchases from late October on).  I didn't believe the print, so I asked a manager and they confirmed the return window.  Normally USED games are 7days and new/unopened games are 30.

FTFY.

#7301 Mister Squirrel   I play in traffic! CAGiversary!   585 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Mister Squirrel

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:24 PM

This entire thread is cancer. Nuke it lol

#7302 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:20 AM

life is too short for bad games.

It wasn't a bad game...it actually had a decent campaign with a story that fit the Metal Gear universe rather nicely, and the online was quite fun. Lack of significant added content caused the population to fade rather quickly (ie. Maps, modes) and a pretty poor crew management system (not to mention the monotonous wait times and microtransactions to bypass them that were akin to a F2P game). But I played it for about 2 months from launch, and loved it. Excellent gameplay.

#7303 trchavez416  

trchavez416

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:07 AM

Gamestop can be a chaotic place, maybe new copies weren't available. So the lesson is, never do anything for a friend who will call you an idiot if you potentially did the best you could. Got it!

The term “idiot” was used endearingly, as his pet name for me is “moron.” Having realized far too late that strangers on the internet wouldn’t know this, I admit my words sound harsh and unappreciative. All that said, it’s good to know I can get my credit back if not the new games at the BF price. And once again, I see the dangers of pure text without context raise their ugly head...entirely my fault, though. Carry on, GS thread!

#7304 breezee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   149 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:08 AM

I tried going through the comments during the last stealth bump but couldn't find my answer. Does anyone know if Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 got bumped?

#7305 BobTheFlub   Sepulchritude CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BobTheFlub

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:01 AM

I tried trading in two copies of DOOM for Switch (wanted to trade in both for the 25% bonus) the other day and the dude said he could only take one today and the other tomorrow for LP reasons. Has this always been a thing, or should I just try somewhere else? If it is the case, are there any Switch games out there that are flippable without a loss to throw in with it?

#7306 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1165 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:09 AM

I tried trading in two copies of DOOM for Switch (wanted to trade in both for the 25% bonus) the other day and the dude said he could only take one today and the other tomorrow for LP reasons. Has this always been a thing, or should I just try somewhere else? If it is the case, are there any Switch games out there that are flippable without a loss to throw in with it?

Yes, one game per system per trade-in transaction. Recommended to go to different stores if you're trying to trade in mults

#7307 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:51 AM

I wasn't sure if Katamari Damacy Reroll was going to be hard to find or not. It went OOS online, then came back, but now OOS again and stock is starting to disappear from stores. I would imagine it would not have a very high print run, but I wonder if more will become available later. I'm hoping to get a pre-owned copy for $20 with my Elite Pro discount. Play-asia has it available as well, so there's always that route.

#7308 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:14 AM

How’s doom though? Considering getting the game

#7309 BobTheFlub   Sepulchritude CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

BobTheFlub

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:44 AM

How’s doom though? Considering getting the game

I absolutely loved it on PC, but I'm awful at console FPSs, I died a few times on the first level and figured it just wasn't worth it to play through again on Switch.

#7310 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6296 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:04 PM

I wasn't sure if Katamari Damacy Reroll was going to be hard to find or not. It went OOS online, then came back, but now OOS again and stock is starting to disappear from stores. I would imagine it would not have a very high print run, but I wonder if more will become available later. I'm hoping to get a pre-owned copy for $20 with my Elite Pro discount. Play-asia has it available as well, so there's always that route.

I might buy a few when I'm in store just in case it does go OOS for good. I doubt it's a game that'll be in production for long if they haven't already stopped.

#7311 Xfactor19990   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3383 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Xfactor19990

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:57 PM

Fml, I gifted my copy of Katamari as an early Christmas gift....now oos everywhere :(

#7312 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1165 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:27 PM

Today I learned: the app will tell you a game is in stock even if it's on hold, but the website will not.

#7313 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3289 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:31 PM

Just noticed that Zelda Rupee chest is done to $75

#7314 predseth   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   508 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:12 PM

Pokemon Switch Consoles in-stock https://www.gamestop...emon,28zu0,1343

#7315 IAMSAM34  

Posted 18 December 2018 - 10:32 PM

Pokemon Switch Consoles in-stock https://www.gamestop...emon,28zu0,1343

Cant add to cart

#7316 hiflyer555   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   43 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

hiflyer555

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:40 PM

Fml, I gifted my copy of Katamari as an early Christmas gift....now oos everywhere :(

Sorry to hear that...I’ve been watching the stock on KD:R myself. I guess the secret is out: It was everywhere around me until yesterday, and suddenly only 1 store within 50 miles has it left. Might try to go snag it tomorrow

#7317 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 19 December 2018 - 01:38 AM

Yeah, seems to be gone now, several locations claimed to have stock but all failed to be able to fulfill the order. Guess I'll stick with my PS2 copy for now.

#7318 Jurai  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:14 AM

yeah yikes, might pick up a copy of katamari since a lot of stores here still have it, price is already going up secondhand

#7319 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1165 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:00 AM

I found a "new" copy. Last copy in the neighborhood so I guess I'll settle

#7320 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:55 AM

Finally found a store with a copy of Reroll, 2 hour roundtrip. At least it was actually a sealed copy.