* * * * - 15 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#8161 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3767 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Anyone pick up a WiiU for $80? Condition? I'm curious if I should pick up the one I have on hold or wait for CL deals.

Wii u seems like it's pretty easy to fix. I replaced the triggers, action buttons, and d-pad in 30 minutes or so. Modding it was also ridiculoualy easy. Haven't taken the console apart though

#8162 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

Is free 2-day shipping for Elite pro members no longer valid? Been trying since last night to buy something and it still comes up as $11. I had no problem with getting free 2 day on an order I placed a couple days ago.

Most likely it is a specific item in your cart that is incorrectly coded on their website as disallowing free shipping.  During holiday season this happened on several different titles, e.g. Tetris Effect new and Battlefield V new, which prevented some people from buying (including myself).  Unfortunately, there is no fix.

#8163 Jhingles  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:20 PM

Sweet, double points when I'm picking up a console and LE? That's not too bad provided they don't screw it up!

#8164 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

Got notification the RE2 CE shipped. Expected Delivery..... Monday.

#8165 ec91762  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:46 PM

Got notification the RE2 CE shipped. Expected Delivery..... Monday.

This may work to your benefit! Call customer support snd they might actually take some money off. With my RE7 CE it was a week late and they automatically took off $50 and even let me "rent" the game Day 1. All I did was return the sealed copy that came with my CE

#8166 Rotondo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:51 PM

Really nice employee scanned a code giving me a 20% bonus on top of my 10% Pro bonus. He let me take a picture of the code.

Was this a code for trade in?

Is it generic and multi use?

#8167 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:58 PM

GameStop tweeted something about double points.

I just received an email about this as well. I assume I would still get points based on my membership at time of purchase as my Elite Pro expires in a few days.

#8168 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:25 PM

Hopefully the double points count for the KH3 Pro since my card has already been charged...

#8169 LostMyNarbles  

LostMyNarbles

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:25 PM

I have a question about console warranties. I purchased a RDR PS4 Pro back when it came out (October 3rd) and got a two-year product protection plan alongside the console purchase. Just recently I discovered the "My Pre-Orders" tab on the Power Up Rewards website and upon going through it I can see the purchase of the console among other Pre-Orders I have made over the last few months. That being said, the console warranty is showing up listed as "Product Replacement Plan - Under $100 Florida Residents" which is not only the wrong amount since the console costed $400, but I also don't live in Florida and the picture of the warranty shows a one year product page.

Is this something I should be going back to the store and asking around or do I have to call customer support? Or is it nothing to worry about? I hate that I didn't notice it until now, but don't want to run into issues if/when I replace the system. I still have my original receipt FWIW.

#8170 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2297 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:34 PM

those of you that had rewards points stolen and left with negative points...

Im wondering did you also get in on the glitch over the holidays where reward certificates were multi-use and werent being deleted? 

wondering if its GS doing this on purpose to 'correct' the effects of the glitch...

#8171 ackbar7   Flamble CAGiversary!   3257 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:46 PM

Just a brief follow up on having ordered Smash Bros, Mario Maker and Pokken Tournament for Wii U, they all worked after testing them out for about an hour game time each and all 3 came with the case, and Smash had the manual. I am pleasantly surprised by GS today.

#8172 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:18 AM

Just a brief follow up on having ordered Smash Bros, Mario Maker and Pokken Tournament for Wii U, they all worked after testing them out for about an hour game time each and all 3 came with the case, and Smash had the manual. I am pleasantly surprised by GS today.

Similar experience here. I put Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario for Wii on hold the other day during the B1G1 50% off. When I picked them up, both were in good condition original cases complete with manuals and no disc scratches. Very surprised!

#8173 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:27 AM

I got an excellent condition CIB Metroid Prime Trilogy but it smells like years of cigar smoke (not cigarette, but cigar). Kinda bummed

#8174 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2244 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:31 AM

If I did have points stolen from my account (15,000), is my best bet having to wait forever on the phone?  It says to email PowerUp@gamestop.com for these issues, but I've heard nothing after three emails since January 8.

#8175 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:53 AM

Hopefully the double points count for the KH3 Pro since my card has already been charged...

Possibly. I was charged the full amount on 12/14 (in store online order) and in my rewards history it shows 0 points. That would be a nice bonus.

#8176 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7526 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:29 AM

I got an excellent condition CIB Metroid Prime Trilogy but it smells like years of cigar smoke (not cigarette, but cigar). Kinda bummed

Try putting the game, inserts, and case into a Zip-Loc bag with baking soda in it and leave it sealed for about a week.  Barring that, try cleaning the case with rubbing alcohol and leaving it to dry.

#8177 genesis49  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:33 AM

I used to run into this with Yu-Gi-Oh cards pretty regularly at garage sales. I usually had really good results by putting them in an empty shoe box with crumbled newspaper for a week or so.

#8178 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:20 AM

Well what was the minimum to get free elite shipping again? 35?

#8179 organikshadow  

organikshadow

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:56 AM

If I did have points stolen from my account (15,000), is my best bet having to wait forever on the phone? It says to email PowerUp@gamestop.com for these issues, but I've heard nothing after three emails since January 8.

Yes, calling is the only way I've gotten a response. I emailed repeatedly the first time it happened, to no avail. Calling required about 25 minutes on hold waiting, but at least got a response.

#8180 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1879 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:18 AM

Try putting the game, inserts, and case into a Zip-Loc bag with baking soda in it and leave it sealed for about a week. Barring that, try cleaning the case with rubbing alcohol and leaving it to dry.

Thanks will try.

#8181 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

If I did have points stolen from my account (15,000), is my best bet having to wait forever on the phone?  It says to email PowerUp@gamestop.com for these issues, but I've heard nothing after three emails since January 8.

From my experience, email does nothing.  You have call and speak to a rep

#8182 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:01 PM

It's all an attempt to get people to use their points. I claim conspiracy.

Wait, what? GS would come out better if nobody ever used their points.

#8183 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3019 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:14 PM

They cancelled my Kingdom Hearts PS4 Pro this morning. I changed my credit card last week, and instead of emailing me saying there was a billing issue or whatever, they just cancelled it. I don't know why I'd expect any less.

#8184 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4125 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

They cancelled my Kingdom Hearts PS4 Pro this morning. I changed my credit card last week, and instead of emailing me saying there was a billing issue or whatever, they just cancelled it. I don't know why I'd expect any less.

They have always done that. I once preordered a game 6 months before release using a gift card in addition to my credit card. I stupidly used the gift card a couple months later in store forgetting I used it in the preorder. Fast forward months later and my CE game was cancelled and all I got was an email stating so. I called customer service and found out the reason to be the used giftcard and therefore I didn't pay the total for the preorder. I need to throw away the gift card once I use it on online preorders as they don't charge till close to release date.

#8185 camperinabush   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1128 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

camperinabush

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:29 PM

This happened to a friend of mine with the Pokémon Switch. She called and explained the situation, and they re-ordered it and gave her free 1-day shipping.

#8186 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   738 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

I doubt there's any stock left of that limited edition item.

#8187 Zaku77   \m/ CAGiversary!   5063 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

That is extremely unfair. I'm sorry. Hopefully a call will somehow help get this fixed.

#8188 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

I checked my points from my purchase yesterday and got the double points all in the same transaction, 60 points per dollar.

#8189 tangytangerine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

tangytangerine

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

Anyone ever had an issue with stores not getting enough of a pre-order?   Went to pick up my RE2 Deluxe Edition pre-order this morning and the store was supposedly short a few copies for Xbox One.   They offered to give me a standard edition and refund $10, but turned it down.  Just wanted a refund and got the DM's number to call and left a message explaining why I'll never pre-order from GS again due to this.   

Yeah, I know there's only a $5 difference between the deluxe edition and just buying the DLC through the Microsoft store, but it's the point that I had this pre-ordered and the store didn't get enough.  Although it's starting to make me wonder the employees were just hoarding a few pre-ordered copies for themselves.  If so, hopefully they won't be there much longer.

Going to Best Buy in about an hour to pick one up there, as a local one had it in stock and was available for in store pick-up today.

#8190 Jurai  

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:32 PM