* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#8221 sorabora  

sorabora

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:57 PM

It's certainly not supposed to but uh if it let's you actually complete it I absolutely would haha

huh.  Alright I'll give it a shot and report back.

EDIT: "We're sorry but we could not find the product you are looking for."

Bummer.  Apologies if I got anyone's hopes up.  Guess I need to decide if regular Pro is worth it.

EDIT 2: wait, this is the only renewal screen I see.  how would I even renew for regular Pro membership if I wanted to?  So weird.

#8222 GamerSavage   The Throwback Kid CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

GamerSavage

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

Does anyone know when the Ubisoft sale ends? I've looked just about everywhere I can think of on the website to no avail.

#8223 BlurredReality   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

BlurredReality

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:13 AM

huh. Alright I'll give it a shot and report back.

Bummer. Apologies if I got anyone's hopes up. Guess I need to decide if regular Pro is worth it.

EDIT 2: wait, this is the only renewal screen I see. how would I even renew for regular Pro membership if I wanted to? So weird.

I thought you had to renew from an actual GS store to be honest

#8224 sr_388   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:31 AM

EDIT 2: wait, this is the only renewal screen I see. how would I even renew for regular Pro membership if I wanted to? So weird.

You can’t renew to Pro while you have Elite Pro. You have to let it expire first.

#8225 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:50 AM

Let me renew my gcu

#8226 Jurai  

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:58 AM

Let me renew my gcu

wish we had gotten more heads up on GCU going away, mine expires end of april

#8227 marginal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   169 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:43 AM

When I tried to renew Pro because my Elite Pro was expiring last month, I was told that I could not do it until the Elite Pro actually expired. In fact, they gave me a date that was two days AFTER my Elite expired, and told me they couldn't renew it in store until then. Don't know why that would be, but that's what they said.

EDIT: Guess I should've refreshed the page before I replied. Carry on!

huh.  Alright I'll give it a shot and report back.

Bummer.  Apologies if I got anyone's hopes up.  Guess I need to decide if regular Pro is worth it.

EDIT 2: wait, this is the only renewal screen I see.  how would I even renew for regular Pro membership if I wanted to?  So weird.

#8228 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:41 AM

wish we had gotten more heads up on GCU going away, mine expires end of april

Yeah and my dumbass didn’t even have a sense of urgency at the time. Someone on here said oh best buys planning on ending gcu renewal. And guess what, I decided to wait n see if the rumor was true, and a couple days later..bam! No more gcu renewals. Fml

#8229 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:43 AM

Has GS ever been known/rumored to destroy copies of a game to increase its rarity and value? Call of Duty ghosts for example had a trade value of like 25 cents for years and now is sold and often trades for around $15.00. Could they have received a million or two trades at under a dollar and just made me disappear to make a larger profit on the remaining?

#8230 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

Has GS ever been known/rumored to destroy copies of a game to increase its rarity and value? Call of Duty ghosts for example had a trade value of like 25 cents for years and now is sold and often trades for around $15.00. Could they have received a million or two trades at under a dollar and just made me disappear to make a larger profit on the remaining?

No

#8231 dyeknom   Now in 2D CAGiversary!   3483 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

No

Follow up question: Where in the world are the TIVS at $15? Zimbabwe?

#8232 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:22 PM

Yeah and my dumbass didn’t even have a sense of urgency at the time. Someone on here said oh best buys planning on ending gcu renewal. And guess what, I decided to wait n see if the rumor was true, and a couple days later..bam! No more gcu renewals. Fml

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t GCU just up and end. I think Elite was rumored to be ending that’s when everyone renewed but GCU there was no warning just for this reason.

#8233 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:40 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t GCU just up and end. I think Elite was rumored to be ending that’s when everyone renewed but GCU there was no warning just for this reason.

Yeah I think there wasn’t any warning. Someone on here just found out that there’s rumors of bestbuy not allowing gcu renewals anymore. Waited for confirmation cuz wanted to make sure it was true first before actually going in store to renew it. Really mad at myself

#8234 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:05 AM

imo yes, sort of, although it may have been out of ignorance, rather than some evil plan, as an example, some time ago they trashed large amounts of wii sports, some were "field destroyed" while others were just thrown out and reentered the market thanks to tenacious dumpster divers

#8235 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:43 PM

The Wii U version has a $5 base and is the highest TIV.  PS4 is next at $4.  How are you getting $15?

I remember a year ago I got something in the teens for my PS4 copy but that was a bump + 50% bonus.  I haven't seen it come close to that before or after.

#8236 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4424 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:33 PM

I wouldn't feel too bad. There is no way Best Buy will allow people who renewed past a certain date to continue using the discount. There are people that have GCU well past 2020. I wish I would have added another year at least myself, but life after GCU isn't so bad, you can actually play the games you've been stacking up for years now!

#8237 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:16 PM

Did the topic about the Bitmo Gamestop gift cards get deleted? It was sketchy or something was it?

#8238 ec91762  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

Just got an email for a $10 rewards cert if you preorder and buy The Division 2

#8239 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6616 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Did the topic about the Bitmo Gamestop gift cards get deleted? It was sketchy or something was it?

I believe the topic creator wasn't down with some of the discussion going on, so it was deleted.

#8240 Jiles001  

Jiles001

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

I used the code and it was 100% legit. Is it just me or has best buys game sales been lackluster since they cut off gcu?

#8241 Jurai  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

the Bitmo codes worked fine

#8242 butth0lez   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

butth0lez

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

Can't wait for Gamestop to flood the market with Katamaris!  Hopefully they waited until after the return window for the restock.

Luckily I sold all my 15 copies for $60 each within days of buying them. Guess no one knew you the game was downloadable. 

#8243 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

I wouldn't feel too bad. There is no way Best Buy will allow people who renewed past a certain date to continue using the discount. There are people that have GCU well past 2020. I wish I would have added another year at least myself, but life after GCU isn't so bad, you can actually play the games you've been stacking up for years now!

That’s true but I don’t really have much time to play either so my backlog will just keep getting bigger n bigger. I feel like I’d pre order less but I’ll still pre order a lot of games cuz of limited collectors editions, $10 rewards certs, limited deluxe editions, steelbooks, etc. I’m such a collector and it’s not good. What are the chances of days gone CE price drop before it’s gone everywhere? Very slim I’m pretty sure 🥺

#8244 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4424 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

That’s true but I don’t really have much time to play either so my backlog will just keep getting bigger n bigger. I feel like I’d pre order less but I’ll still pre order a lot of games cuz of limited collectors editions, $10 rewards certs, limited deluxe editions, steelbooks, etc. I’m such a collector and it’s not good. What are the chances of days gone CE price drop before it’s gone everywhere? Very slim I’m pretty sure

I feel ya. Being honest I still don't have time to play the games in my backlog and I still buy new games frequently, it just costs me more money now! I am not a big CE guy though due to how much space they take up with stuff I don't really need. 

Also I keep forgetting about Days Gone, I feel like that game is going to be surprisingly good. 

#8245 Jurai  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:09 PM

Luckily I sold all my 15 copies for $60 each within days of buying them. Guess no one knew you the game was downloadable. 

bragging about flipping isn't allowed on this fine upstanding forum, sir

#8246 darock738   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:19 PM

the Bitmo codes worked fine

I guess it's not allowed to ask what were the codes?

#8247 willworkforbits   Mark CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

willworkforbits

Posted 28 January 2019 - 08:48 PM

no one cares.  

#8248 Fat Pigeon 007   Cheap Ass Pigeon CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Fat Pigeon 007

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:12 PM

I just noticed a banner on the websites front page towards the bottom "Get up to 40% Extra Credit when you trade towards select games"... In true Gamestop fashion, it leads to the trade page with nothing in sight of this deal :/

#8249 Katsumi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:23 PM

I just noticed a banner on the websites front page towards the bottom "Get up to 40% Extra Credit when you trade towards select games"... In true Gamestop fashion, it leads to the trade page with nothing in sight of this deal :/

I think that's a phantom banner that shows up every now and then.

#8250 butth0lez   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

butth0lez

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

no one cares.  

The folks buying and canceling ebay purchases just to leave bad feedback care lol