* * * * - 9 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#10861 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:01 PM

As far as I know, this could have been working all last week, as I kept using "mwtapr19" last week to see if anything came up.  This morning I decided to spell out the whole month, and voila:

https://www.gamestop...?Ntt=mwtapril19

#10862 intelligentidiot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   829 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

intelligentidiot

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:11 PM

As far as I know, this could have been working all last week, as I kept using "mwtapr19" last week to see if anything came up.  This morning I decided to spell out the whole month, and voila:

I want to say I tried "mwtapril19" last Thursday and Friday and it did not work, so likely started working within the last couple days. Based on this it seems like 3rd Friday of the month is the pattern for the "stealth bump".

#10863 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:39 PM

It wasn't working last night at 11pm EST. So it probably sprung up early this morning.

#10864 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:55 PM

So apparently I missed the memo where PUR points are no longer awarded by GameStop for trade-ins. Called customer service this morning and they said it was discontinued last year.

Was wondering why mine weren't posting anymore. 🤔

#10865 Macedon911  

Macedon911

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:06 PM

So apparently I missed the memo where PUR points are no longer awarded by GameStop for trade-ins. Called customer service this morning and they said it was discontinued last year.

Was wondering why mine weren't posting anymore.

I just traded some games in last week and I got PUR points for them. I'm elite though. Are you Pro/Elite?

#10866 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:10 PM

Was wondering why mine weren't posting anymore. 🤔

...? I'm still getting points for trade ins. I've never heard of this?

#10867 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   7839 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:54 PM

Looks like with the non paid account that might be true (no points for trade ins).  Certainly not true for Pro or Elite though.  I usually renew if I am about to trade or buy something.  My Elite expired last month and I haven't been to GS since.  Next trip I will renew though. 

https://www.gamestop...oweruphelp.aspx

#10868 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:21 PM

Looks like with the non paid account that might be true (no points for trade ins).  Certainly not true for Pro or Elite though.  I usually renew if I am about to trade or buy something.  My Elite expired last month and I haven't been to GS since.  Next trip I will renew though. 

https://www.gamestop...oweruphelp.aspx

Yeah, I've only spent $10 since my Elite expired so haven't had a reason to renew for Pro yet until I can get something for renewing aside from a magazine that might get skimmed through once. 

#10869 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:28 PM

I'm pro and that's what the GS customer service told me. Is there a link somewhere on PUR that shows that we are supposed to get the points for trades? I only get them when I purchase now which just what I see GS claiming on their website.

#10870 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14381 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:42 PM

I'm pro and that's what the GS customer service told me. Is there a link somewhere on PUR that shows the points? I only get then when I purchase now.

If you go to the link a few posts up & click on points by membership level, you’ll see it says pro members get 20 points per dollar in trade.

#10871 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:43 PM

If you go to the link a few posts up & click on points by level, you’ll see it says pro members get 20 points per dollar in trade.

Thanks, missed it.

Edit..call #2 resulted in getting the missing points. I do wonder if it's just this prestige store in question because I've never had problems in the past getting the points to show. Now it's the last 3-4 trades at that one store.

Either way, thanks everyone. 👏

#10872 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1139 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:35 PM

Shame on me for not know but I have to ask.
Can I use a birthday coupon and a $ off rewards on the same item?
I know you can use different denominators with reward certificates but not sure if it works with birthday coupons too

#10873 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   181 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:31 PM

This was probably posted awhile ago, but please don’t buy those expensive versions of Borderlands Game of the Year PS4/One off of EBay. GameStop got another shipment and I ordered mine a couple days ago and it shipped today.

#10874 Omni99  

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:06 PM

Thanks, missed it.

Edit..call #2 resulted in getting the missing points. I do wonder if it's just this prestige store in question because I've never had problems in the past getting the points to show. Now it's the last 3-4 trades at that one store.

Either way, thanks everyone.

I did a trade in on Saturday and my points haven't shown yet. It's usually the next day for me. Could just be a system thing.

#10875 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   5711 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:09 PM

I did a trade in on Saturday and my points haven't shown yet. It's usually the next day for me. Could just be a system thing.

72 hours

#10876 Omni99  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 12:11 AM

72 hours

I know that, which is why I added that for me it's almost always the next day they show up.

#10877 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   478 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:24 AM

Mine we done 7 and 6 days ago. So yeah it was overdue.

#10878 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14381 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:20 AM

Thanks, missed it.

Either way, thanks everyone.

Did the store not ask for your phone number, scan your card (if you still have it,) did not have you input your phone number on the pinpad, or did not get your number from a previous receipt you brought with you? If so then they didn't put in your info for the transaction.

Check your receipt; your PUR account number should be on it just above the barcode.

#10879 TimPV3   Butthole CAGiversary!   2650 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 04:42 AM

I've been having issues getting all of my points since the 500 Million PS4 Pro (or at least that was the first time that I noticed it). Every time I call, the rep has no problem seeing the transaction and gives me the points, so I have no idea what the issue is.

#10880 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:10 PM

Just realized that next week is MK11 and Days Gone. I need to find some good flips so I don't spend much, preferably any money, on these next week. 

#10881 Sqrtl007sqd  

Sqrtl007sqd

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:57 PM

Stealth bump is live, mpst top tier Switch games are back up to $30 base

#10882 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:12 PM

That is probably just Switch game prices re-adjusting after they were lowered during the 50% extra TC promo last week. Stealth Bumps pretty much always go live on a Friday. Wii Sports is on the bump list, but went down since yesterday. The non-Switch game bumps will probably kick-in Friday.

#10883 Twisted Metal  

Twisted Metal

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:13 PM

I have never seen a stealth bump on a Tuesday before. Now the big question is how long will it last, because it was usually Friday - Monday.

#10884 crispytreat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   67 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

crispytreat

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:16 PM

That is porbably just Switch game prices re-adjusting after they were lowered during the 50% bump last week. Stealth Bumps pretty much always go live on a Friday. Wii Sports is on the bump list, but went down since yesterday. The non-Switch game bumps will probably kick-in Friday.

I have a number of switch games from the Prestige B2G1.  Should I trade in now or wait until this weekend?  Do you think they will go any higher?

#10885 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:24 PM

I have a number of switch games from the Prestige B2G1.  Should I trade in now or wait until this weekend?  Do you think they will go any higher?

I would personally wait until Friday. Those trade values are pretty high as it stands, so I could see the popular titles only gaining a couple extra dollars, if these aren't already the stealth bump prices for switch games.  

#10886 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:52 PM

Yeah pretty sure this is just a readjustment after they tanked values last week. Some of the top tier switch games aren't even all the way back yet. It's a shame there aren't really any promos going on right now to capitalize on the bump tho

#10887 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:09 PM

Yeah pretty sure this is just a readjustment after they tanked values last week. Some of the top tier switch games aren't even all the way back yet. It's a shame there aren't really any promos going on right now to capitalize on the bump tho

At least we have the 20% bumps again. I wish this bump had as many last gen games as last time, though. 

#10888 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:09 PM

What's the refurb fee like on a PS4 controller and at what point will GS not take them? Local woman is selling 5 for $30 that all have "glitches" that may be worth a pick up for some trade credit.

#10889 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1178 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:18 PM

Yeah not a SB...just a readjustment for the top tier Switch games. Almost got me excited for a second.

#10890 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:27 PM

What's the refurb fee like on a PS4 controller and at what point will GS not take them? Local woman is selling 5 for $30 that all have "glitches" that may be worth a pick up for some trade credit.

Buy them. Refurb fee is only like $4-5