* * * * - 12 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#14911 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1890 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

It's called not getting what you want.  Life's full of it.  Stop expecting someone to make a bad decision to share their account info with you and just deal with trading at the Pro rate. 

#14912 Ejectedbunny   Cag Bunny CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Ejectedbunny

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:39 PM

The guys at my gamestops know me well, know i'm not trading in stolen stuff, and they still won't take shrinkwrapped games from me. I don't take it personally though. Its a rule they have to follow.

My store will take shrinkwrapped items only if you have proof of purchase. If i have my receipt from when I bought it, they'll take it.

#14913 Omni99  

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:55 PM

I'm at the point where I hate even saying my phone number aloud in the stores with all the stuff that's happened to people's accounts w/google play cards and such. Nothing against anyone here who asks, but anyone who shares their rewards phone number is taking something of a risk.

What you posted about the pur certs has been known for awhile, so if anything they would've killed it by now.

It's been known that you can use it on other cards. It has not been widely known that you can use it on that particular card until now. Not that I know of.

#14914 mojoaoe  

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:13 PM

It's called not getting what you want.  Life's full of it.  Stop expecting someone to make a bad decision to share their account info with you and just deal with trading at the Pro rate. 

Is that what it was called? to think all these years on this earth and I wasn't aware of that. Well you know what man, thank you so much for enlightening me on this fact. You are a true visionary, a maverick amongst men. Some might even say you are a Gospel man...

-Also not necessarily a bad decision in my case since the dudes at my gamestop know me personally for many years, hook me up with the retro games they can't take in, and hook it up with cases n manuals they are tossing out. Hell friends used my elite pro many times for trades in the last year. Funny story one time my buddy left his id with them after using my acc to trade and the employee called my number saying you left your id at our store and I was like "oh dam really? that was yesterday, you mean ive been driving without my license for the past day" and shes like no you just left our store, this is the account info you gave us and im like ohhhh thats my buddy lol. 

#14915 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2023 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:18 PM

imagine going through that except the person using your account wasn't your friend.

#14916 mojoaoe  

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

imagine going through that except the person using your account wasn't your friend.

Yea thats when you change your number. 

#14917 baboonfreak   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1181 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

baboonfreak

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:40 PM

Thought the 50% toward preowned ended tomorrow but it ends today. Glad I double checked just now.

#14918 johnston306   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   728 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

johnston306

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:40 PM

I'm at the point where I hate even saying my phone number aloud in the stores with all the stuff that's happened to people's accounts w/google play cards and such. Nothing against anyone here who asks, but anyone who shares their rewards phone number is taking something of a risk.

Just type your phone number in on the pad...

#14919 toasterMekong  

toasterMekong

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:42 PM

You would know that if Fortnite wasn't your first video game.

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yos

#14920 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   691 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:49 PM

So just going to sell my switch by itself. If I cant get $250 online or $225 local will sell to gamestop at $200.

#14921 goomba478   Canada's Amerifriend ^_^ CAGiversary!   6336 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2019 - 07:55 PM

jms209, PM sent :).

#14922 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:26 PM

Debating on trading in Nier so I can get upgrade to the Game of the Yoruba edition but not sure if it’s worth it. Also really surprised how high Secret of Mana TIV is right now.

probably not worth it. the disc is identical to base version. all the DLC is through a code. so a used copy is worthless for sure. and unless a new copy is really cheap,  you're better off just buying the DLC yourself.   I only know because I looked at a used one in GS last night, thought it was mispriced. BUt I googled it real quick and it turns out that its priced low because its pointless.

#14923 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:46 PM

probably not worth it. the disc is identical to base version. all the DLC is through a code. so a used copy is worthless for sure. and unless a new copy is really cheap, you're better off just buying the DLC yourself. I only know because I looked at a used one in GS last night, thought it was mispriced. BUt I googled it real quick and it turns out that its priced low because its pointless.

Thank you very much for that as I’ve really been going back and forth on whether or not it was worth it.

#14924 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1337 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:38 PM

It’s worth it

Base value is $10

50% bonus with elite pro makes it $17

Game of Yorha edition is currently $24.99

$7.99 to have ALL of the dlc. There’s no way you are getting it cheaper than that

I’m doing this today and picking up a new copy with DLC code

#14925 fredyyy  

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:12 PM

What are some great buys for ps4 pre-owened using 3 for $15?

#14926 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:25 PM

Wrong thread.

#14927 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   963 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:46 PM

Is there a 50% bonus trade in?

#14928 kemosahbe  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:29 AM

It’s worth it

Base value is $10

50% bonus with elite pro makes it $17

Game of Yorha edition is currently $24.99

$7.99 to have ALL of the dlc. There’s no way you are getting it cheaper than that

I’m doing this today and picking up a new copy with DLC code

Counterpoint-the DLC isn’t worth $7.99

#14929 scott2hotcott   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

scott2hotcott

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:52 AM

I still have my Elite Pro card, and I have the employees scan it every time I purchase something.  I never give them my phone number.  I had someone redeem for a Google Play card last night from my account.  Had to spend 40 minutes on the phone to get my points back.

#14930 pdwayne   There is no 'I' in "TEAM", but there is a & CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:02 AM

May be a long shot but if anyone has a gamestop near them with the Bravo Team VR Aim bundle that they clearanced out for $50 a couple months back I be mighty grateful if I could compensate you for the item shipping and time. I need it to complete the set. Heck I'd even buy just the box if possible.

It’s not often I see my local GameStop mentioned 😁 always try to help out fellow cag’s, so I picked that Aim bundle for ya’. I’ll message you.

#14931 the_red_tide  

the_red_tide

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:05 AM

Is there a 50% bonus trade in?

. The promo came to an end today

#14932 Omni99  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:19 AM

I still have my Elite Pro card, and I have the employees scan it every time I purchase something.  I never give them my phone number.  I had someone redeem for a Google Play card last night from my account.  Had to spend 40 minutes on the phone to get my points back.

When was the last time before that you went to GS?

It just seems so widespread to me that there has to be something more to it. Lots of secure accounts that have no shared passwords, it's ongoing, fairly well reported, and it's always for google play cards. Every time. Might even be something faulty in their web code perhaps?

#14933 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:28 AM

When was the last time before that you went to GS?

It just seems so widespread to me that there has to be something more to it. Lots of secure accounts that have no shared passwords, it's ongoing, fairly well reported, and it's always for google play cards. Every time. Might even be something faulty in their web code perhaps?

If I was a betting man, I'd say it is a lot less likely that the clientele that I see at the store can a) remember a phone number and b) know how to use it on the gamestop website. So unless it's an employee...

99/100 times this is going to be web related (whether it's GS site or user negligence (malware, bad password habits, etc)

The fact that it is "always google play" reminds me of the fifa ultimate team fiasco.

#14934 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:14 AM

So I have to ask has anyone traded in PS2 games recently? I went to like 5 different GameStops this week and every single one of them told me that they couldn’t take my PS2 games because they weren’t in the system.

#14935 ritchardf  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:45 AM

So I have to ask has anyone traded in PS2 games recently? I went to like 5 different GameStops this week and every single one of them told me that they couldn’t take my PS2 games because they weren’t in the system.

did you search for their values online? if they show up there, they should show up on the stores systems as well.

#14936 TimPV3   Butthole CAGiversary!   2818 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:46 AM

i would discourage anyone from sharing their phone number to your PUR account. it allows someone to redeem your rewards and possibly update contact info at POS, in addition to getting banned when someone decides to go ham on an exploit using your account.

I appreciate the concern, but I was going to change it to my old Illinois phone number for him to use, then change it back when he was done. I didn't have any coupons to redeem, but if I did, I'd just call customer service and since it was a purchase 1,000 miles away, they'd refund them. I still use my card, so even if the contact info was changed I would just go to my store and have it changed back. My biggest concern was my number getting shared again and someone going ham like you said, but that's why I planned on changing it back afterwards.

TL:DR It's definitely not smart to share my account, helping a CAG was worth a potential hour of inconvenience

#14937 Lumas101  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:54 AM

So I was right about the Power Pass coming back as a test. That and the new Price match thing have been on the GS discord a few times over the last several days.

They've doubled the price of the PP from the original of course.

If the post you quoted is correct, and if I'm remembering the original terms correctly, they've nearly tripled the price. I believe the original terms were $60 for six months ($10 a month) and at the end of the six months you get to keep any game you had rented over that time for no additional charge. So you basically got a six-month unlimited trial at the expense of guaranteeing that you would buy a game at the end of it. The post you quoted says you can keep a game at its preowned price, so the more expensive games would be $50 if you are a Pro member. So the original cost for a six month rental and buying a new game was $60, and the new cost would be $170.

#14938 Renzler   Dude CAGiversary!   1791 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:11 AM

CSAC 7/22 according to tonight's weekly ad

#14939 ritchardf  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:18 AM

CSAC 7/22 according to tonight's weekly ad

still just hardware and tech, right?

#14940 Alexpguy  

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:01 AM

still just hardware and tech, right?

No, this is the real deal. Hardware and tech ends on 7/21. Red banner CSAC in the ad starts 7/22 excluding CA. SB plus 60% here I come!