* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#14911 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14755 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:44 PM

Well apparently Madden 20 is MTX ridden so I traded it back in quickly.
Code is EBC3061573 for $59.99 back.

1. It’s a major sports game & it’s EA. FIFA may get the headlines worldwide, but Madden Ultimate Team is the No. 2 money earner. And it’s popular; compare the No. of videos on YT for MUT vs. franchise/story mode.

2. The $59.99 offer requires a GameStop receipt. If you didn’t originally buy from GS, congrats.

#14912 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:53 PM

1. It’s a major sports game & it’s EA. FIFA may get the headlines worldwide, but Madden Ultimate Team is the No. 2 money earner. And it’s popular; compare the No. of videos on YT for MUT vs. franchise/story mode.

2. The $59.99 offer requires a GameStop receipt. If you didn’t originally buy from GS, congrats.

A lot of stores will just accept the code or a picture of the code. I forget the receipt when I did MM2 and they didn't care.

#14913 VtotheP   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:06 PM

Its a bit more work but if you buy 3 equally priced items at a Prestige Store for the B2G1 free and get a gift receipt. Then you can go to your Non-Prestige Store and return/exchange the two games that you don't want for the one's that you do want.

So the one you want is a gift receipt? Thanks. 

#14914 Long Time No C   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Long Time No C

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:00 PM

Well apparently Madden 20 is MTX ridden so I traded it back in quickly.

Code is EBC3061573 for $59.99 back. 

I guess you haven't played Madden in awhile? Ultimate Team has taken over Madden this past decade.....

#14915 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:09 PM

Tempted to reserve 3 things before store opens, then go in and buy them with B2G1.

Just not sure if that's wrong or won't work.

Wouldn't it be the same as me going in and buying them normally?

Are used and refurbished the same thing? Don't want to go in and then I'm told refurbs aren't part of promotion.

#14916 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2960 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:56 PM

Yes, Prestige sales are only exclusive to those store. Just google gamestop prestige and it should bring up if there are any in your area.

As for the store, it's high foot traffic, sales, trade-ins and positive feedback on surveys. Although stores can lose it as I just noticed the 1 in my area lost it and 2 others an hour away gained it since May.

From my understanding, it's evaluated every quarter, so current prestige stores earned that status based on performance of their most recent quarter.

#14917 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:33 AM

Just reserved a bunch of top-tier switch games for tomorrow...called the store up to make sure I was good to go and the manager knew what I was doing and is cool with it.  I asked if they had systems since I am sitting on a ton of credit and he said they changed the rules...he said B2G1 only works for games and accessories so I can't do 3 systems, just like over 4th of July.  He said he's more than willing to try it though to see if they POS lets the transaction through, so I'll have to see what I can do.  Either way, he's going to get great feedback from me to keep his store prestige. 

#14918 WWF   Yours Forever Faithfully Silenced   1117 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:18 AM

What are the hold limits per store or per account?

#14919 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:40 AM

Just reserved a bunch of top-tier switch games for tomorrow...called the store up to make sure I was good to go and the manager knew what I was doing and is cool with it.  I asked if they had systems since I am sitting on a ton of credit and he said they changed the rules...he said B2G1 only works for games and accessories so I can't do 3 systems, just like over 4th of July.  He said he's more than willing to try it though to see if they POS lets the transaction through, so I'll have to see what I can do.  Either way, he's going to get great feedback from me to keep his store prestige. 

So no consoles, well this kills my plans.

Might just head to my local store and buy a wii u.

#14920 fieryavenger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

fieryavenger

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:11 AM

Just reserved a bunch of top-tier switch games for tomorrow...called the store up to make sure I was good to go and the manager knew what I was doing and is cool with it. I asked if they had systems since I am sitting on a ton of credit and he said they changed the rules...he said B2G1 only works for games and accessories so I can't do 3 systems, just like over 4th of July. He said he's more than willing to try it though to see if they POS lets the transaction through, so I'll have to see what I can do. Either way, he's going to get great feedback from me to keep his store prestige.

From what I heard it will be like the last B2G1 was you can buy used consoles, accessories, and games but the free item has to be a game or accessory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#14921 fieryavenger   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

fieryavenger

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:12 AM

Anyone willing to let me use their phone number for elite status?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#14922 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:26 AM

Do you guys view the PSVR as a console or accessory?

Gamestop list it as a console....

#14923 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:43 AM

99% chance this guy at the store is wrong. Every prestige day has allowed B2G1 consoles & phones, etc, he probably has just never rung three consoles up before during prestige day.

#14924 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:28 AM

Does stock update once you reserve for pick up? Want to pick up 2 wii u and a 3ds.

#14925 thack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   174 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:00 AM

Does the Prestige 10% bonus apply to the CSAC promo?

#14926 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

Does the Prestige 10% bonus apply to the CSAC promo?

Read the fine print. Cash transactions are excluded.

#14927 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:10 AM

99% chance this guy at the store is wrong. Every prestige day has allowed B2G1 consoles & phones, etc, he probably has just never rung three consoles up before during prestige day.

He mentioned he’d done it in the past but that corporate changed the policy for all B2G1 to reflect the sale in July. I’ll report back later on how it goes.

#14928 oakley568   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:12 AM

I also forgot to provide an update on the cartridge games I received during the retro glitch. Both CBFD were legit copies and one of two mega man (NES) carts was legit.

#14929 lehviput   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

lehviput

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:27 PM

No surprise. All my local GS are testing the new PUR and they’ve all lost their prestige.

#14930 Gdogg   Scarlett Johansson's future ex-husband CAGiversary!   518 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:41 PM

what are the best flips with the prestige B2G1?

#14931 guen0ri  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

Went & got some top tier Nintendo games with the B2G1 and my trade-in credit since they hold the most value. I hope theres a good trade in bonus coming up soon.

#14932 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:01 PM

Has everyone who purchased Madden received the trade code?

#14933 gsdave   Banned Banned   30 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

gsdave

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

i dont get all of the doom and gloom in here about the future of gs. sure their stocks have dropped. something that if you know about the stock market and economics in general it happens to every company. gs has outlived funcoland, ebgames, and every other gaming company that no longer exists. why would you think they're going anywhere? not to mention even if gaming goes all digital then gs will have no problem adapting. wouldn't be surprised if they even roll out a digital used game platform and have an agreement with companies like ms wanted to originally do with the xbone, where you could trade your digital xbox one games for a fee. gs is a smart company, they've diversified their stores so it's not just physical games but games, merchandise, toys, clothes, and yes, digital games and codes. i wouldn't be surprised if we still see them a decade or two from now with healthy stock prices and laugh about how we thought they were going out of business.

#14934 DirtyC6vette   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   24 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

DirtyC6vette

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

i dont get all of the doom and gloom in here about the future of gs. sure their stocks have dropped. something that if you know about the stock market and economics in general it happens to every company. gs has outlived funcoland, ebgames, and every other gaming company that no longer exists. why would you think they're going anywhere? not to mention even if gaming goes all digital then gs will have no problem adapting. wouldn't be surprised if they even roll out a digital used game platform and have an agreement with companies like ms wanted to originally do with the xbone, where you could trade your digital xbox one games for a fee. gs is a smart company, they've diversified their stores so it's not just physical games but games, merchandise, toys, clothes, and yes, digital games and codes. i wouldn't be surprised if we still see them a decade or two from now with healthy stock prices and laugh about how we thought they were going out of business.

Found the GameStop Rep. gsdave = GameStop Dave

#14935 gsdave   Banned Banned   30 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

gsdave

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:21 PM

the "gs" in my name does not stand for gamestop. it stands for something else.

#14936 ritchardf  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:22 PM

you are just in the denial stage, give it a while and you will catch up with us in the acceptance and take advantage stage.

#14937 gsdave   Banned Banned   30 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

gsdave

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:26 PM

you are just in the denial stage, give it a while and you will catch up with us in the acceptance and take advantage stage.

if you dont want gs to go out of business then support your local store instead of the giants like amazon and walmart. i know that i would sad if i couldnt go to a real game store anymore instead of the corporate giants. i will be preordering call of duty modern warfare for the ps4 today and be able to pick it up on day 1. theres no where else on earth that you can do that. i remember i used one of the other sites launch day delivery and guess what? the package was delayed and i had to wait a week later for my game. so support your local stores, especially on prestige day. because it would be a very sad world without a dedicated game store that actually cares about their customer base. and check out the gs twitter, it's pretty hilarious.

#14938 gsdave   Banned Banned   30 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

gsdave

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

Yes, it’s quite amazing how bad they are at this. I own one of those JFJ Easy Pro resurfacing machines... I can make a disc look brand new, yet GameStop makes it look like garbage. The swirls left on discs are from not using enough detergent on their buffers. Their buffers are also too rough. I’m wondering if they actually use a quick sandpaper run on all of their discs first as well, which isn’t necessary. I rarely ever use sandpaper.

But, I’m just a dude at home resurfacing discs like an amateur and can make them look new. How GameStop is capable of making every game look like garbage is beyond me.

like my grandpa always used to say, "put your money where your mouth is". if you're that good at fixing old discs and can do it better than gs, why not apply to one of their warehouse jobs in tx when they have openings? i also disagree with your statement. i've bought plenty of refurbished games from gs and all of them look and play brand new after they're done with them. even when they have a crack in the center they put a sticker on to make it brand new again.

and yes, the games are sometimes missing the boxes and manuals. who cares? they're meant to be played. also, the retro games are missing manuals because the tx warehouse throws them away because they could have offensive language notes written in them. ps1 cases are thrown away if they're cracked or damaged because they don't want to be environmentally wasteful by buying new cases. they put them in yellow sleeves instead. seems fine to me, you buy the game. not the box. and prices are amazing compared to ebay.

#14939 ritchardf  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

if you dont want gs to go out of business then support your local store instead of the giants like amazon and walmart. i know that i would sad if i couldnt go to a real game store anymore instead of the corporate giants. i will be preordering call of duty modern warfare for the ps4 today and be able to pick it up on day 1. theres no where else on earth that you can do that. i remember i used one of the other sites launch day delivery and guess what? the package was delayed and i had to wait a week later for my game. so support your local stores, especially on prestige day. because it would be a very sad world without a dedicated game store that actually cares about their customer base. and check out the gs twitter, it's pretty hilarious.

drugs are bad, mmmkay.

gamestop is a giant along side amazon and walmart. they didnt outlive funcoland and ebgames, they cannibalized them. there are no more "local" game stores BECAUSE of gamestop.

#14940 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3522 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 03 August 2019 - 03:48 PM

Has everyone who purchased Madden received the trade code?

Purchased online and got it. Haven’t gotten the code for the preorder bonus though.