* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#19081 TherapyFox  

TherapyFox

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:13 AM

Jack Drone for $200 is just low enough for people who want it to get it but just high enough that it isn't flippable. 

Rest of the online sale is garbage. Idk who thought it was a good idea to make dragon ball ball sets when you can get chinese fakes that have been around for probably decades that are just as good at a fraction of the price. Unless of course they are just rebranded chinese fakes then kudos. 

#19082 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3040 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:59 AM

Rest of the online sale is garbage. Idk who thought it was a good idea to make dragon ball ball sets when you can get chinese fakes that have been around for probably decades that are just as good at a fraction of the price. Unless of course they are just rebranded chinese fakes then kudos. 

I was tempted for $30, but I think they're too small. I prefer the 4-inch (I think) diameter knock offs.

#19083 knothead65  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:02 AM

Jack Drone for $200 is just low enough for people who want it to get it but just high enough that it isn't flippable. 

I just added the drone to my cart and there was a 20% off collectibles coupon that dropped it down to $159.99. Wonder if this coupon is for everyone or special to me?

#19084 DemonGamer24   Sniper, no sniping! CAGiversary!   251 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

DemonGamer24

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:29 AM

Yesterday night, I made a purchase of digital gift cards thru the website. The order was taking to long to process and give me my codes, so I stupidly cancelled the order. I see that it said gift card purchases will be refunded with an egift card. Is that supposed to be automatic after a few days? Or is that just yet another pain in the ass part about dealing with gamestop that I'm going to have to call and be on hold for 2 hours for? I checked if it was just refunded automatically and it was not. The amount is still missing.

#19085 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   978 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:33 AM

Yesterday night, I made a purchase of digital gift cards thru the website. The order was taking to long to process and give me my codes, so I stupidly cancelled the order. I see that it said gift card purchases will be refunded with an egift card. Is that supposed to be automatic after a few days? Or is that just yet another pain in the ass part about dealing with gamestop that I'm going to have to call and be on hold for 2 hours for? I checked if it was just refunded automatically and it was not. The amount is still missing.

I had to wait on hold to get my funds back after they cancelled an online order paid with trade credit.

#19086 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   818 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:22 AM

I've done like 10 orders of gift cards with trade credit, no issues. Was around $300 in trade credit.

#19087 SueMana  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 10:17 AM

I've done like 10 orders of gift cards with trade credit, no issues. Was around $300 in trade credit.

I also had no trouble with large gift card orders

#19088 fireeggzero   Gamer CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

fireeggzero

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:05 PM

what kind of gift cards?

#19089 MaineBear  

MaineBear

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:17 PM

I have a quick question about GS trade-in.  If I trade in a PS4 and games toward a Switch and Luigi's Mansion 3 will they give an extra 20% on everything on just on whatever equals the value of the game?

Thanks

#19090 mnharuhi  

mnharuhi

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:39 PM

I have a quick question about GS trade-in.  If I trade in a PS4 and games toward a Switch and Luigi's Mansion 3 will they give an extra 20% on everything on just on whatever equals the value of the game?
Thanks

20% on everything (all games, not your console)

#19091 mojoaoe  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:09 PM

there was one who did that without me saying yes or him asking if i needed. before i pay, i noticed the price is higher than how much it suppose to be. i asked why is it that expensive. he said oh for some reason the warranty got added. got home and did the survey and complained. came back weeks later, he no longer working at lamestop. got that mudda sukka fired.

This guy was shady af. I specifically said no I don’t want that when he asked and then he applied it anyway and gave me the total to pay. Knowing something was off I said did you just apply the $3 protection even though I just told you I did not want it? And he tried to play it off by saying oh yea I was going to ask you if you had wanted it or not. Like bitch you just applied it to the total anyway and already asked to which I said no... lying asshole. Bet he does this to other people a lot too.

#19092 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:02 PM

I did the "Guaranteed to Love It" promo with COD and I used a $10 PUR reward on it and the store manager said that she'd only give me back the amount I paid and not the $10. I'm going to contact CS because that seems like some bullshit. 

#19093 CookieMonster156   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   682 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

CookieMonster156

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:08 PM

I did the "Guaranteed to Love It" promo with COD and I used a $10 PUR reward on it and the store manager said that she'd only give me back the amount I paid and not the $10. I'm going to contact CS because that seems like some bullshit.

So she overrode the system and instead of giving you the $59.99 gave you $49.99 in credit? If so, go ahead and blast her.

#19094 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   357 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, I used a $25 reward cert on it, and I got the full $59.99 trade value when I brought it back.

#19095 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:27 PM

I used a full $60 in certs for Code Vein and got $59.99 back for that so that's just the manager being a dick.

#19096 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6897 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 30 October 2019 - 06:30 PM

Did you get back the cert or cash? I never tried to return in the 2 days but how is that handled with credit?

#19097 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:07 PM

Did you get back the cert or cash? I never tried to return in the 2 days but how is that handled with credit?

It's GameStop Store Credit for the full price of the game not including tax. So $59.99

#19098 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:09 PM

So she overrode the system and instead of giving you the $59.99 gave you $49.99 in credit? If so, go ahead and blast her.

Yeah, I used a $25 reward cert on it, and I got the full $59.99 trade value when I brought it back.

I used a full $60 in certs for Code Vein and got $59.99 back for that so that's just the manager being a dick.

Thanks for the replies. I figured she was just being a dick, but I left her a good survey and a thanked her because I am trying to get into good graces with this store so they'll let things slide in the future. The next closest GameStop is too far for me to make my home store. 

#19099 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6897 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. I figured she was just being a dick, but I left her a good survey and a thanked her because I am trying to get into good graces with this store so they'll let things slide in the future. The next closest GameStop is too far for me to make my home store. 

Though I understand wanting to be on good terms with them, them stealing money from you isn't worth that. You need to report that action or continue to be taken advantage of due to shitty employees trying to implement fake policies.

#19100 Tax   The Project CAGiversary!   202 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:18 PM

And what of the $10 certificate? 

My guy, don't let them cheat you because you're trying to get in their "good graces." Chances are, that'll never happen despite how you let them cheat you.

#19101 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   902 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:19 PM

Why has GameStop turned into a library? I let them hold 60 dollars, and can just have a free two day rental on all brand new games. Does this really seem like a good business model for them?

#19102 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6897 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:24 PM

Why has GameStop turned into a library? I let them hold 60 dollars, and can just have a free two day rental on all brand new games. Does this really seem like a good business model for them?

It's a great way to get you into the store as you think you will get a free rental. Instead you are more likely to not finish that game in 2 days to even get a refund. If you manage to do so and return it, you get store credit which will be used to buy more products there.

It's actually a really smart business model that keeps your money at Gamestop. For the consumer it may be worth it if they only buy games new and finish it within 2 days to get this which won't happen frequently.

#19103 crispytreat   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

crispytreat

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:40 PM

Anyone still getting points on trades?  Mine stopped about a month or so ago.  Just curious if this is the case for everyone.

#19104 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

And what of the $10 certificate? 

My guy, don't let them cheat you because you're trying to get in their "good graces." Chances are, that'll never happen despite how you let them cheat you.

Just got off the phone with CS and they already applied it to my account.  :-P

#19105 Corgstradamus   I have short legs CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Corgstradamus

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:46 PM

Anyone still getting points on trades?  Mine stopped about a month or so ago.  Just curious if this is the case for everyone.

No points on trade for me. 

#19106 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:57 PM

Like the others have said, letting them screw you over won't get you in their good graces. Usually they're either nice and helpful or they're the opposite. There's one store where I know everyone, have left countless good surveys, and spent tons of money, and they still treat me like a criminal when I come in to do a trade. Some people just hate their customers.

#19107 SueMana  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:16 PM

Sometimes trying to contact a higher up like a district manager is the best way to make sure it does not happen again. Then again depending on what you do with the company you may be better off trying to hide your activity. Well they removed Gamestop.com/feedback making it impossible to leave a positive or negative survey on online orders. Nevermind I see the option now they made it easier click on the order and you can leave ratings. I think I will avoid leaving any ratings whatsoever. 

#19108 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   357 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 08:31 PM

Yep, I still get points on trades.

#19109 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:03 PM

Anyone still getting points on trades? Mine stopped about a month or so ago. Just curious if this is the case for everyone.

Stopped in California at the beginning of the year.

#19110 User65536  

User65536

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:04 PM

Did anyone actually receive the $10 credit for Modern Warfare? I know they say it can take up to 7 business days, but it's always been extremely fast for me. I suspect that some of us are not going to receive it at this point.