* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#20251 kreate  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:27 AM

Does anyone know if gamestop still give out the B2G1 coupon for renewing Pro membership?

I recently renewed mine but I don't see the coupon in my offers.

#20252 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:31 AM

Does anyone know if gamestop still give out the B2G1 coupon for renewing Pro membership?

I recently renewed mine but I don't see the coupon in my offers.

No, that stopped on the 8th.

#20253 kreate  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:55 AM

No, that stopped on the 8th.

Is Gamestop trying to go out of business?

#20254 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:45 AM

Yes

#20255 SueMana  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:55 AM

The company has people that shorted the stock and are hoping to win big upon its failure.

#20256 Junkrat  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:53 AM

Just got a $10 rewards cash in my active offers. Not sure it it's for Outer Worlds,Modern Warfare or Sonic and Mario at the Olympic games. Says it expires today.

#20257 SueMana  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:55 AM

Just got a $10 rewards cash in my active offers. Not sure it it's for Outer Worlds,Modern Warfare or Sonic and Mario at the Olympic games. Says it expires today.

Guessing Sonic I already got my Outer World's and Modern Warfare certs.

#20258 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

gsdave why does GameStop love that load more button?

I hate that load button. So I parse the link and load a much larger page: Used Switch Games 1-256 Sorted Highest Cost descending

It's not that hard to make a custom URL to load whatever you want from their POS site changes.

#20259 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4075 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:28 PM

I bought a gently used ps4 pro for $180 from a friend.Did I get a good deal?

If its not the 1st original one then yes.

#20260 rondohatton  

rondohatton

Posted 21 November 2019 - 02:57 PM

It's petty, but I need to vent about GameStop. I have a basic membership, and I was expecting to get a couple coupons this month, one for pre-ordering The Outer Worlds and one for my birthday. I've gotten neither, and when I asked my local store, they were confused and didn't know why.

So I tried e-mailing customer service. They told me that "November birthday coupons are not available at this moment", so maybe it will arrive someday, but I"m not holding my breath. As for the pre-order, they first claimed they couldn't find a record of it, and then, once I sent them copies of the receipts, claimed that The Outer Worlds wasn't eligible to begin with. Or, rather, "that The Outer Worlds dont cames with pre order bonuts."

(Mmm... bonuts.)

I don't care much about the coupons, and I can't complain that much about not getting free stuff. It's the confusion that gets to me, though. No-one I've spoken to seems to know what's what.

#20261 Sonic9jct   Wubba lubba dub dub CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Sonic9jct

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

It's Outer Worlds. I just got mine too and I didn't get those other games. Go figure it's good for one day. If I can't find anything, PSN credit it is

#20262 joshxx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   460 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

I hate that load button. So I parse the link and load a much larger page: Used Switch Games 1-256 Sorted Highest Cost descending

It's not that hard to make a custom URL to load whatever you want from their POS site changes.

Any link or idea how to check the  clearance stuff, not  games, just toys and all the other stuff they have.

#20263 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:35 PM

Pokemon Shield pre-owned is at one of my stores, but I have no option to reserve it for pick up in-store (so I can use CAG16)... I recall this happening with pre-owned copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 soon after release. =/

I think they must have like a month wait time on being up to hold in-store pick ups of pre-owned new releases. I'm basing this on when I got Fire Emblem Three houses. I got it on 8/22 and the game was released 7/26.

#20264 rondohatton  

rondohatton

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:11 PM

It's Outer Worlds. I just got mine too and I didn't get those other games. Go figure it's good for one day.

Same here. Which means my long complaint just a few posts ago is moot. Whoops!

#20265 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:49 PM

Same here. Which means my long complaint just a few posts ago is moot. Whoops!

Did you get your birthday coupon? Because I just got mine this morning.

#20266 Junkrat  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

Definitely annoying that the coupon expires today though. Good thing I've been checking my active offers every day

#20267 Alexpguy  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:02 PM

Pokemon Shield pre-owned is at one of my stores, but I have no option to reserve it for pick up in-store (so I can use CAG16)... I recall this happening with pre-owned copies of Kingdom Hearts 3 soon after release. =/

I think they must have like a month wait time on being up to hold in-store pick ups of pre-owned new releases. I'm basing this on when I got Fire Emblem Three houses. I got it on 8/22 and the game was released 7/26.

Just go pick it up now. We're inside the holiday return window, so once they do unlock the hold/cag16, you can return one with the more expensive receipt.

#20268 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:09 PM

Just saw that they put out pamphlets for the new rewards program. This really sucks. Sorry this has been discussed already, but does anyone know what they're doing for existing members?

#20269 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:19 PM

Just saw that they put out pamphlets for the new rewards program. This really sucks. Sorry this has been discussed already, but does anyone know what they're doing for existing members?

Everyone will get automatically rolled over on the 1st of next year.

If you go to a store to renew your plan now, and roll yourself into another year of Pro, they will give you a $5 credit that can be used on new products, but you'll still get the stack of the 10% off through the rest of the year, but it expires 11/30, so I assume you need to do this before then too. And you won't start getting the $5 coupons until next year.

However, as I've been told, they will continue to have existing plans include the 10% off used into next June or so, even if you've renewed into the new plan.

But after next June, it sounds like the 10% it's completely kaput for everybody regardless of when you signed up.

#20270 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2571 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:21 PM

The consensus is everyone will rollover to the new program by Spring 2020.

#20271 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:29 PM

The consensus is everyone will rollover to the new program by Spring 2020.

Damn that blows. Terms and conditions of Elite Pro says theyre supposed to refund me if they cancel my membership benefits.

#20272 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:43 PM

Any link or idea how to check the  clearance stuff, not  games, just toys and all the other stuff they have.

I’ve never looked into making one, it may be possible.

#20273 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:45 PM

I haven't heard this anywhere. All I hear is that it's new plan for everyone starting next year. Still wondering what's gonna happen to my elite though.

I've asked several GS employees (managers and asms), as that's only on their end, so you can always ask the ones at your stores to get more details since they've been sent all the details already.

Though, hopefully the staff at your stores don't suck, and be all cloak and dagger about it, but it's not like it's a secret they aren't allow to tell customers about.

#20274 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7865 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 05:54 PM

Has anybody who bought Jedi Fallen Order from GS received their $15 Fandango credit as of yet? I did the redemption on Friday but still have nothing back from them.

Thanks

#20275 rondohatton  

rondohatton

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:11 PM

Did you get your birthday coupon? Because I just got mine this morning.

No, no luck there. I'm glad to hear they're still coming out, at least.

#20276 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:14 PM

Has anybody who bought Jedi Fallen Order from GS received their $15 Fandango credit as of yet? I did the redemption on Friday but still have nothing back from them.

Thanks

Nope, same here. It says 2 to 5 business days to review/receive, but I am sure there is some variance and hidden factors in that.

#20277 Raww   Special Agent CAGiversary!   433 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

Nothing yet here, either.  And was the $5 coupon/certificate ever confirmed for buying this game, or was that just a rumor?

Thanks

#20278 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21186 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:38 PM

I mean specifically the part about the 10% going into June, just in case I wasn't too clear about it. I only heard that the 10% goes until it's replaced by the new program. Otherwise you'd get 10% off plus the coupon. What you're saying is the opposite of what I have heard.

Yeah, I had to make sure to ask all my questions since I needed to make sure as well, but after asking them several times, and over multiple visits, my understanding is that the program for existing members before January 2020, will still get the 10% off pre-owned until June 2020.

From what I know, this is how I've been told about it, but I will be dropping by tomorrow anyways, so I can double check, and make sure again for you as far as what I'm being told by the staff in all the stores in my area, and I'll report back to confirm, or clarify then.

#20279 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:42 PM

Getting to keep the discount until June would be pretty sweet. That plus the $5 coupon seems too good to be true though.

Am also curious about what they'll do for elite pro customers since the card cost double in the beginning. Would be really scummy to just downgrade and give no refund.

#20280 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

So has TC and gift cards been fixed for online orders yet? Still busted I assume?