* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#20281 xelement5x   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   110 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

xelement5x

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:27 PM

I bought online yesterday with Trade Credit like 3 times (ds4 flips) and had no issues. I wonder if it's the card itself? I recently started using a new trade card instead of the membership card.

Also, it looks like CAG16 is gone for now? I tried to do an online order for pickup with it and nothing applied.

#20282 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

Forgot who mentioned NMS going up in value for Xbox to $13.50, but it's apparently gone up again to $14.85, which is weird. Might be time to bite on trading it now.

#20283 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37696 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:50 PM

Forgot who mentioned NMS going up in value for Xbox to $13.50, but it's apparently gone up again to $14.85, which is weird. Might be time to bite on trading it now.

You're looking at the post-Pro value ($13.50 + $1.35 (10%) = $14.85).

#20284 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3844 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:55 PM

I hate that load button. So I parse the link and load a much larger page: Used Switch Games 1-256 Sorted Highest Cost descending

It's not that hard to make a custom URL to load whatever you want from their POS site changes.

How do you look for price drops?

#20285 knothead65  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:36 PM

So select DS4 controllers are only $38.99 during the early sale, do you guys think the trade value tanks on/before the sale? Also how much is the refurb fee and do you still get the extra $10 if your controller gets a refurb? Do you have to buy the new controller when you trade or can I trade in now and then wait until Sunday to buy the new one?

My son has a camo controller that works but something is rattling inside (I think maybe the rumble came loose). 

#20286 WigBuster   Banned Banned   296 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

WigBuster

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:47 PM

You're looking at the post-Pro value ($13.50 + $1.35 (10%) = $14.85).

Post pro last friday after the bump was $13.50. So it's gone up over the last few days

#20287 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:50 PM

Ok so what's the general consensus on using trade credit online lately? Is it to be trusted or is it a gamble that could end up requiring a call to support?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#20288 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3844 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:13 PM

Ok so what's the general consensus on using trade credit online lately? Is it to be trusted or is it a gamble that could end up requiring a call to support?

I've made probably 3-4 online orders, using trade credit, in the last week. One of those orders was as recent as 8pm-9pm last night.

#20289 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:32 PM

The main issue I’ve had with trade credit online is it still charges tax. I figure it is because it would likely be shipped from out of state or GameStop.com is a multistate entity but haven’t tried to recoup that difference even when picking up in store

#20290 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:53 PM

How do you look for price drops?

Changes from previous lines in the excel row. I don’t want to get too into it, but SueMana might be able to use my method to expedite some of his info if he wants to share it. I’m not willing to share my custom calculations, sorry.

#20291 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:13 AM

I mean specifically the part about the 10% going into June, just in case I wasn't too clear about it. I only heard that the 10% goes until it's replaced by the new program. Otherwise you'd get 10% off plus the coupon. What you're saying is the opposite of what I have heard.

What I know is from the Reddit GameStop threads.

In Spring 2020, ELITE is going away.  Everyone who is Elite is being downgraded to (old rules) Pro, to live out their subscription duration (until it gets nixed, soon after).  I'm not really sure about loss compensation will be handled.  Extra (new rules) Pro, likely.

The ultimate plan is to phase out Elite first, then (old rules) Pro later.

At some point, (old rules) Pro will likely be nerfed.

You can no longer purchase Elite or (old rules) Pro.  (Unless it's a glitch.)

Essentially GS is bleeding money.  They WANT to eliminate the programs (which were too complicated even for them -- example -- see how you flip stuff at their expense?), and normalize everything.  That way, when they do profitable sales, they don't need to worry about the 1 or 2% who are going to sodomize them.

The benefits of the (old) programs may have been easy for you and me to understand.  But at GS, there isn't clear leadership, and the turn-around for job placement is high.  IMO they want it simple for them to understand.

Problems arise.  They are noticing them.  They used to just pass the buck (which is why we could flip stuff, while they bleed money) - they are getting wiser, imo (not fully, but better).

Good 1/2 year of viable flips left, honestly.  So don't go banging your head into the wall.

Do I take advantage of loopholes?  Are you high?

I'm just saying stuff as I see it.  .. For what it's worth, I'd rather visit a GameStop than a frickin' Walmart to buy games. [oh you want to see a game, oh, ohhkay, let me find someone with the key.. he doesn't have the key, hold on... Zzzz]

#20292 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6894 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:24 AM

Is it possible to get a refund for the unused months / years of pro. If my Elite Pro gets downgraded, I have no use to shop at Gamestop for used games and would be a waste of money at that point.

#20293 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:58 AM

Is it possible to get a refund for the unused months / years of pro. If my Elite Pro gets downgraded, I have no use to shop at Gamestop for used games and would be a waste of money at that point.

I suppose the interesting part of this post is how you used plural months/ years.

Do much B2G1 ? :)

#20294 darock738   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:00 AM

I just got the email from Fandango this afternoon

Has anybody who bought Jedi Fallen Order from GS received their $15 Fandango credit as of yet? I did the redemption on Friday but still have nothing back from them.

Thanks

#20295 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6894 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:04 AM

I suppose the interesting part of this post is how you used plural months/ years.

Do much B2G1 ? :)

I have 4 years of Elite Pro. Wasn't going to have another GCU situation so when I heard they were doing away with it, I stocked up.

#20296 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:07 AM

Oh I've known for longer than most what was coming (and why). I think I was the first one here to confirm that EP was going to go away permanently. But the funny thing is the confusion, as what you've just posted is like the 3rd or 4th version I've read of what's going to happen. It's almost comical at this point.

Correct us all, and spill it all out!

I think all 4 of your stories end badly for the older Pro (including Elite) models?  Just a hunch.

Details might change, but the end result is the same.

#20297 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3596 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:12 AM

I just got the email from Fandango this afternoon

still waiting for mine.  How did you get the entire receipt in one shot?  I only sent in the top 2/3 of the receipt and the print was really small.  The receipt had the preorder, bonus DLC code, Fandango instructions and I think the return blurbs on it.  I think it was close to about 2.5 feet long?

#20298 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:15 AM

I have 4 years of Elite Pro. Wasn't going to have another GCU situation so when I heard they were doing away with it, I stocked up.

I'm really not sure how it will get converted.  GS might just stack up what you paid and give you 8 years (or whatever's left) of their new Pro program.  $5 a month for the next 70+ months!

You'll be buying PS6 online store cards by then!

Will you get a refund?  Not likely, just sayin'.

As a rule, Business's are happy to take your money ... but if you ever try to get it back, there will be problems.

#20299 aircobra   Banned Banned   3802 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:45 AM

Version 1 is what I’ve heard from a manager.

#20300 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:04 AM

I can't correct anyone, as no one really seems to know. But today is the first time I've heard anyone say that people can keep their 10% and double dip everything into June of next year.

Version 1, which is what I hear the most on GS discord and elsewhere, says EP and Pro get converted to the new Pro in Spring of next year. No more 10% and everyone gets the coupons now. But those who have it already can keep the 10% until then. All new sign ups are on the new version.

Version 2...Same as above, but because the "system" sees EP differently or some other thing those who have EP can keep it until it expires. I think this is unlikely of course.

Version 3 is what I commented on today. EP goes to normal Pro in the spring but everyone who had it keep the 10% until June and also gets the coupons. Keep in mind the one of the new 5 dollar coupons right now specifically can't be used on preowned because they didn't want people double dipping on the discount, so I also see this as unlikely.

And your version may be slightly different than these too, I'm not really sure.

Thanks for your response!

I'll run through them:

(1) Plausible

(2) NO

(3) NO (there is no credible information to substantiate)

---

I'm not really sure how my version differs much from your Version #1 (Elite ends, Pro continues for a time).

Maybe the motives of such cessation were the reason? /shrug.

#20301 guen0ri  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:13 AM

My elite expires today. I can do the renew glitch tomorrow correct? Can I use points to renew? Does it matter if I renew for 15 or 20?

#20302 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:21 AM

My elite expires today. I can do the renew glitch tomorrow correct? Can I use points to renew? Does it matter if I renew for 15 or 20?

The glitch was corrected.  You are 2 weeks late.

$20 will at least give you something to read while on the toilet.  Value added.

#20303 EvilutionDesigns  

EvilutionDesigns

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:42 AM

I just picked up a game today. Dude commented about me being elite, and when I pointed out I was covered until 2025 he showed me his system says I expire June 1 2020.

IDK what their plan is, but mine isn't to silently let them downgrade/cancel me without compensation for what they sold me.

Also, whomever asked about a custom link for discount toys and collectibles I can't figure out any better way than to load links like this: Toys 512 results and then just look for anything that has two prices. You can either look manually or somehow automate it if you have that ability.

EDIT: I just clicked my own link and somehow the CAG affiliate shit at the end changed my link to only show 12 results  :bomb: 

Here's how to make your own:

- Open a GS page of whatever you want to see more results for.

- Filter it how you want it filtered.

- Sort it how you want it sorted.

- Scroll down to that load more button.

-

Spoiler

#20304 tribalnoise   Official Threadkiller CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

tribalnoise

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:04 AM

I'm betting if we have to call for compensation, they will refund what remains of our elite membership by issuing the equivalent in rewards points.

#20305 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 22 November 2019 - 03:49 AM

The glitch was corrected.  You are 2 weeks late.

$20 will at least give you something to read while on the toilet.  Value added.

I renewed an elite account last night that expired in June. Worked fine, it's elite again, and I traded in on it today.

#20306 ichocobeans  

ichocobeans

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:30 AM

I renewed an elite account last night that expired in June. Worked fine, it's elite again, and I traded in on it today.

Did you do this online for 19.99? or through the app? my elite pro expires dec 1 

#20307 the_ENEMY_   Undead CAGiversary!   1289 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

the_ENEMY_

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:46 AM

I can't find where to ADD my account number to get my PUR discount anywhere since they updated their website. It gives me the option to join only, not use existing. Called customer service he told me to give them a few weeks. Um what?

#20308 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:08 AM

Any current or predicted 20% trade boost pre orders on the horizon? Preferably before the value drops on sword/shield

I was on the phone and someone mentioned Animal Crossing preorders were eligible for the 20%.

#20309 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:22 AM

So has TC and gift cards been fixed for online orders yet? Still busted I assume?

I bought 360 bucks worth of preowned games with my tc card day before yesterday.

#20310 Lumas101  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:38 AM

Deal of the Day is $12 Starlink Starter Packs, $4 Starlink Ships, $2 Weapon Packs, and $1 Starlink Pilots. Looks like I'm finally buying in. Also a headset for $24, a Gears 5 Drone for $100, and a Fortnite Pinata for $50.

I also have very few games to trade in, but there seems to be a Stealth Bump. (EDIT: could be an app glitch. I haven't had one for a while but values are different on the website.)

Happy pre-Black Friday Friday.