* * * * - 7 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#2071 h2dk  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

Sure, but is NCAA 14 so great that it’s worth buying for $40 as opposed to buying NCAA 13 for a buck?

You can import updated rosters for 14, not sure about 13. (If you can find someone that still makes them)

#2072 bigkniff   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:04 PM

Man the Wii U games have tanked in value. Was going to pick up Splatoon, Smash Bros., and Mario Maker off of Facebook Marketplace for $8. Now, I'm not even sure if they will be worth the investment. Anyone think these TIV will rebound?

#2073 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3957 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:18 PM

Man the Wii U games have tanked in value. Was going to pick up Splatoon, Smash Bros., and Mario Maker off of Facebook Marketplace for $8. Now, I'm not even sure if they will be worth the investment. Anyone think these TIV will rebound?

Maybe not at Gamestop, but I do think the Wii U, in general, will start to rise in value due to it being Nintendo. The fact that the Switch has gotten ports or "sequels" of some of the Wii U's best exclusives certainly doesn't help the value of the Wii U versions. 

I imagine the Nintendo first-party stuff will go back up in value and for $8 I would absolutely buy the games you mentioned for $8 surely the three of them are worth more than $8 currently. 

#2074 WarGames92  

WarGames92

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:30 PM

Wii U games seem to have more value when sold as lots on eBay.  I sold a lot of $20 games and ended up with $232.50 a few weeks ago.  Granted, I had some somewhat rare ones in there (and BOTW), but I've seen similar lots without much in the way or rarities go for around $200.

#2075 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:49 PM

How does one get the $5 coupon?

#2076 ritchardf  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:52 PM

How does one get the $5 coupon?

according to the sign in store, no coupon is needed, just trade in a current gen game towards a preorder, minimum value $2

#2077 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3957 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

Wii U games seem to have more value when sold as lots on eBay.  I sold a lot of $20 games and ended up with $232.50 a few weeks ago.  Granted, I had some somewhat rare ones in there (and BOTW), but I've seen similar lots without much in the way or rarities go for around $200.

Generally, eBay is going to net more anyway. Most people buying Wii U games right now are going for a complete set since it's not hard to do right now and getting a lot can take care of a solid chunk. I can't remember how many Wii U games came out in North America, but I know it's a pretty low number.

#2078 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14284 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:29 PM

Are we more likely to see a trade bump this weekend or next weekend? Reason I’m asking is b/c I will be visiting family next weekend & won’t be able to trade in at my store where all of my preorders are at, unless I leave early on the 26th so I can reach my store before they close (family is 2.5 hours south.)

Thanks in advance.

#2079 PulsarInferno  

PulsarInferno

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:42 PM

I would say its next weekend 

#2080 beaubalon  

beaubalon

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:03 PM

Will the $5 bonus activate when trading towards existing preorders

#2081 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

I would love to know, as well.  I already have DQXI and VC4 pre-ordered a few wks ago.  However, it seems doubtful.

#2082 fireeggzero   Gamer CAG in Training   31 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

fireeggzero

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:49 PM

I believe so. A buddy of mine did it for 3 of his pre-orders. I'm going to try it out soon... hopefully tonight

#2083 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:05 PM

Has anyone ever seen a Safeway gift card at GameStop?

#2084 rydall   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:06 PM

It does! I added more to my pre existing pre orders and it bumped up my trades. I traded in 3 games and kicked $5 on 3 games I had pre ordered. All 3 trades got the bonus.

#2085 doc_j88   CAG Vet CAGiversary!   1206 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:13 PM

It does! I added more to my pre existing pre orders and it bumped up my trades. I traded in 3 games and kicked $5 on 3 games I had pre ordered. All 3 trades got the bonus.

$5 a piece ?

#2086 jaredstorm   Vashedan CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

jaredstorm

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:45 PM

Anyone know if GS is gonna hold a console trade-in promo towards the Spider-man PS4 Pro?

#2087 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 09:51 PM

$5 a piece ?

It seems like it...also seems like he just did one trade per pre order. 

#2088 yungJEDIknight   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

yungJEDIknight

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:53 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before but what happens if I take advantage of the trade in deal for the XB1X and decide to return the system unopened? 

Say I trade in the PS4 Pro for $300, pay the extra, then a few days later I decide I want to return the XB1X for whatever reason. Do I just receive the $300 back in credit and the rest back to my card? Also, I assume they have you return the free game as well (the one you get for picking up an X from them this week)

#2089 coolduck   super cool duck CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

coolduck

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:15 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before but what happens if I take advantage of the trade in deal for the XB1X and decide to return the system unopened? 

Say I trade in the PS4 Pro for $300, pay the extra, then a few days later I decide I want to return the XB1X for whatever reason. Do I just receive the $300 back in credit and the rest back to my card? Also, I assume they have you return the free game as well (the one you get for picking up an X from them this week)

they wouldnt complete the return without the game

as far as the credit is concerned, technically they will give back the 300 trade credit but most employees unfortunately will fight about it, or at least grumble.

#2090 rydall   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:59 PM

$5 a piece ?

Yeah each traded in game got an extra $5

#2091 thecobb8   Welcome to Cobb CAGiversary!   176 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

thecobb8

Posted 15 August 2018 - 12:23 AM

Yeah they should give you the 300 credit back, as somebody else stated they'll probably beef a little but still do it. Depends on who you happen to catch the counter. I wouldn't try this at my nearest store... the store mgr is there a lot and doesn't like this kind of stuff. Plus there's always this one guy who's suuuuper picky about trades - rejects or refurbs on the tiniest flaws. And if he thinks you're a flipper, he'll get even more stingy. Super annoying. Started taking trades to the store right across from where I work and have had no issues since.

#2092 yungJEDIknight   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

yungJEDIknight

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:05 AM

they wouldnt complete the return without the game

as far as the credit is concerned, technically they will give back the 300 trade credit but most employees unfortunately will fight about it, or at least grumble.

Yeah they should give you the 300 credit back, as somebody else stated they'll probably beef a little but still do it. Depends on who you happen to catch the counter. I wouldn't try this at my nearest store... the store mgr is there a lot and doesn't like this kind of stuff. Plus there's always this one guy who's suuuuper picky about trades - rejects or refurbs on the tiniest flaws. And if he thinks you're a flipper, he'll get even more stingy. Super annoying. Started taking trades to the store right across from where I work and have had no issues since.

Thanks y’all. I’m trying to lock in that trade credit for the Spidey Pro bundle. I’m worried they may not do a trade bonus once the current one is up. I’ve got two GameStops very close by, one is a Presrige and one is in the nearby mall. I’ll probably go to the mall when since I don’t show face in there often. I don’t really care if they grumble, as long as I can get the $300 credit lol.

#2093 WWF   Games Jandolfini & Bobby Balaklava CAGiversary!   976 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:41 AM

With a gift receipt they probably would just give the whole damn $500+tax back as cash. You’re better off playin dumb and having your Dad or something return it for you, then looking like you’re just returning it to get the Spider-Man thing.

#2094 yungJEDIknight   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

yungJEDIknight

Posted 15 August 2018 - 02:55 AM

With a gift receipt they probably would just give the whole damn $500+tax back as cash. You’re better off playin dumb and having your Dad or something return it for you, then looking like you’re just returning it to get the Spider-Man thing.

I have no intentions of telling them what I’m doing. I was going to return and let the credit sit and put it towards the Pro later along with some gift cards I have.

Also, are you positive they will give back cash from a gift receipt? If so, that sounds like the route to always go. I’ve never used gift receipts but that sounds like one hell of a loophole if it works. I’d figure they give back all in credit for something like that....basically to keep the sale with them. If that’s what happens then I surely don’t want to go that route since I have the rest I need for the Pro on a gift card.

If anything, I’ll just have my gf return the X since they never give her shit anyway. I once was told no when I tried to trade in a Vita because one of the stickers were missing....had her attempt the same trade the same day with no issues.

#2095 Deadpool1005  

Deadpool1005

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:00 AM

Is gamestops site not working for anyone else? I can very rarely get the site to even load up much less do any successful searches. 

#2096 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:12 AM

Also, are you positive they will give back cash from a gift receipt?

I've had pretty mixed results with gift receipts in the past. I say give it a try but don't be surprised if they want to just throw it all on a gift card. I seem to remember the system wanting to give you back the currency you initially paid for it with but I've had them give me back both cash and credit at different times so who knows. Never hurts to try!

#2097 Alexpguy  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:48 AM

Is gamestops site not working for anyone else? I can very rarely get the site to even load up much less do any successful searches.

I've been consistently having problems for the past week and a half, since they started that retro flash sale.

#2098 yungJEDIknight   CAG Ninja CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

yungJEDIknight

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:50 AM

I've had pretty mixed results with gift receipts in the past. I say give it a try but don't be surprised if they want to just throw it all on a gift card. I seem to remember the system wanting to give you back the currency you initially paid for it with but I've had them give me back both cash and credit at different times so who knows. Never hurts to try!

Got ya. I’ll try it and if they try to toss all on a gift card I’ll just say no and attempt a regular return. I don’t want the $200 + tax stuck at GameStop. I really don’t mind having to go back and forth with them about the return if I have to anyway.

I bet I’ll go through all this effort and they’ll be offering the same trade towards the Spidey Pro after the 28th lol. Ah well, I just want to get rid of this loud ass launch Pro.

#2099 Alexpguy  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 05:31 AM

Great, now we just need to know if it's one promo allowed per pre-order, or if we can keep going back everyday and appling another $5 trade bonus.

#2100 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1135 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 August 2018 - 05:49 AM

New ad is up...says one $5 bonus per preorder (in the fine print).