* * * * - 18 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#25021 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:03 PM

I traded in Left 4 dead 2 (360) this past Monday and did not get the $5 bonus. Maybe they adjusted the promo to include all games after that day?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

I think originally the bonus was only for current-gen items, but sometime towards the end of the week, the system got corrupted to allow other older systems to receive the +$5 bonus.

I tried it today for PS3 games and it worked.  The SL was like oh wow, those PS3 games still get $7, $8?  I just shrugged, "I guess they are still popular". (I suppose the SL didn't notice the bonus portions)

The games under $2.00 instead got the extra 10% promo bonus this week (so under $2.00 = base +10% pro +10% promotion.  The extra 10% promotion does not stack with any game using the $5 bonus.  The pro does stack with everything

+$5 bonus is extended for another week, as others have mentioned. 4/20 (in the current flyer) is being advertised, so pickings might become slim, as signs around going back up, even though it was still in full swing, for a good while.

#25022 Zeldafanatic15   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1621 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Zeldafanatic15

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:41 PM

May have been answered already, don't usually follow the thread, but can the $5 monthly reward from Pro be used for eshop cards? I went in and used mine today on a figure, and asked for future reference, but was told they do not know yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#25023 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6886 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:45 PM

Almost done for the day. Had to separate the games I got for trades so headed to a store to trade all those in. I spent $700 on mainly used and new games, everything being 90% off. Will post some receipts of my savings later when I get back.

Ah so you’re the one who cleared out the one at Barrett Pkwy. I cleared out the one at Roswell Road at 10am for $75 and immediately traded all the stuff for $240. Also got a couple extra games to trade and an all digital XB1S for $75. Then I went to Barrett Pkwy to check if they had games but they were all o it and said someone bought everything. Can’t wait for more closures

Not sure what area you're in but don't know of any Barretts or Roswells in my town. 

I did clean out the 3 (found another that was closing) in my area though. Think that's it for closings in my area for now unless I missed some others.

#25024 bubster93   WOT! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

bubster93

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:58 PM

Just in case people need info on what stores are closing, here is the list again: http://gsclosing.blogspot.com/

#25025 biggie2123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

biggie2123

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

Are points worth anything other than just using them for credit off an item?

#25026 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   322 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:06 PM

Division 2 Gold Editions are now on clearance, $25.97 for the One version. Worth it IMO.

#25027 RoytheRobot   El Piraguero. CAGiversary!   2581 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

RoytheRobot

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:08 PM

Just went to trade in a bunch of games (360, PS3, ds, vita). Preordered Cyberpunk and they all got the $5 bonus. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

#25028 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:11 PM

Are points worth anything other than just using them for credit off an item?

You can convert them to credit almost 1:1 by spending the reward certs on G2L games and then returning them. They still work on Amazon cards, too, so that's a good 1:1 conversion.

#25029 biggie2123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   418 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

biggie2123

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:36 PM

You can convert them to credit almost 1:1 by spending the reward certs on G2L games and then returning them. They still work on Amazon cards, too, so that's a good 1:1 conversion.

What are G2L games?

#25030 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   706 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:37 PM

Anyone trade in some Wii games to see if they get the +$5 bonus? 

Don't forget last day for B2G1. Most stores have a good stock of Switch games for those stocking up  :beer:

#25031 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:43 PM

What are G2L games?

Guaranteed to love it. The new release ones you can return for $59.99 credit by end of day Sunday when purchased on Friday release. You lose out on the sales tax, but it's a good way to convert some certificates to store credit, which doesn't expire, whereas the certs do. Personally I just do Amazon for everything because I can buy anything I need with it.

#25032 Maneru  

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:52 PM

Just reporting in. Traded in some n64 and GameCube games today that all got the $5 bonus. Retro bonus confirmed.

#25033 smcmanus1980   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

smcmanus1980

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:36 PM

Does anyone know which day of the week trade values update these days?

Also, current and last gen games I traded got the $5 bump and the 10% plPro bump, however the retro games I traded (specifically PS2) only got the $5 bonus and not Pro 10%. All games were traded in one transaction.

#25034 Omni99  

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:48 PM

I'm back! Here to oversee the end of the Gamestop trading era I suppose.

Just to clear a few things up...I'm not sure why I was banned. I did reach out to Cheapy D through email and discord but I have never received any answer whatsoever as to why I was banned. My best guess is that since I was mega banned with all posts removed at the same time GS Dave or whoever was being banned yet again from the GS thread that a mod got careless and banned me as well by mistake. (Which makes it even worse that he got to spoof my name and keep coming back.)

Anyways, thanks to everyone who asked about me and got them to finally allow me back. I just wanna talk games and help people get deals.

I finally crossed the million point mark while getting the last out of GS before elite pro ended, so for that I need to thank everyone else in this thread from 2 years back who first showed me how to do all this stuff. You really helped me out a lot.

I did manage to get a Switch Lite at a clearance store for 120 so that was a good score. Glad to see everyone is cleaning up and these closings.

#25035 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   355 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:49 PM

Was hoping to find out the same thing. I think I've only got 1 older title that would receive the +$5, and I'm hoping to just get rid of it for what I paid before it loses any more value.

#25036 mojoaoe  

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:34 AM

Chicagoland stores were all supposed to officially close tomorrow but apparently some guy came in early today and liquidated them all. Good for him I guess. Sucks for the ppl that didn’t go today though and wanted to get deals tomorrow. Luckily I randomly went to one store and bought out their remaining current gen games. Can’t wait for the next round of closing stores though (:

#25037 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:00 AM

Re: the pre-order $5 trade-in bonus...what's to stop me from doing this deal then canceling the pre-order later? My GCU is expiring in a week (RIP), but am pre-ordering everything I want for the year through BB while it's still active. Don't think I'll need to keep any pre-orders I make through GS for now. But, the sweet $5 trade-in could come in handy on some older PS3, 360, WiiU, & Wii games....

Side Note: No store closures in Oregon or Washington State yet. Interesting.

#25038 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:05 AM

Hmmm...just logged into my Gamestop.com account for the first time in months. I hadn't seen the updated website design yet. It seems...pretty good I guess. However, I have a couple questions for y'all:

1) What happened to my Wish List? Did they simply delete this feature?

2) How do I print out a coupon? I can't seem to find a way to print out the $5 monthly coupon or the PowerUp Rewards Membership Renewal coupons? 

Thanks!

#25039 TruthynessStrategery  

TruthynessStrategery

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:06 AM

Double Post

#25040 JJSP   Not Broke, Just Bent CAGiversary!   10173 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:23 AM

Hmmm...just logged into my Gamestop.com account for the first time in months. I hadn't seen the updated website design yet. It seems...pretty good I guess. However, I have a couple questions for y'all:

1) What happened to my Wish List? Did they simply delete this feature?

2) How do I print out a coupon? I can't seem to find a way to print out the $5 monthly coupon or the PowerUp Rewards Membership Renewal coupons?

Thanks!

“active offers”. If you have them, they’ll be there.

#25041 Omni99  

Posted 26 January 2020 - 01:49 AM

Re: the pre-order $5 trade-in bonus...what's to stop me from doing this deal then canceling the pre-order later? My GCU is expiring in a week (RIP), but am pre-ordering everything I want for the year through BB while it's still active. Don't think I'll need to keep any pre-orders I make through GS for now. But, the sweet $5 trade-in could come in handy on some older PS3, 360, WiiU, & Wii games....

Nothing is stopping you, except the goodwill of the store you're shopping at. Some stores have prevented people from making other pre orders after they do this. I try to always roll mine over into a game I might want. Cancelling en masse is sure to get their attention though.

#25042 jooksingjie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

jooksingjie

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:01 AM

Saw a lot of drops overnight on PS4/XB1 games that I had bought new at 70%/80% off and held back on trading... I should have just traded them immediately 

The promos page now specifies NSW/XB1/PS4 games getting the $5 trade in bonus... Let's see when the system changes back to not counting retro/prev gen games. I'm going to trade as much as I can tomorrow and just sit on the trade credit.

#25043 JackSuper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   827 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:04 AM

Just checking in to also confirm the retro $5 bonus. I traded in Nintendo NES and XB360 games and they all got the $5 bump (+ 10% Pro) towards my RE3 preorder.

#25044 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3564 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:16 AM

Just to clear a few things up...I'm not sure why I was banned. I did reach out to Cheapy D through email and discord but I have never received any answer whatsoever as to why I was banned. My best guess is that since I was mega banned with all posts removed at the same time GS Dave or whoever was being banned yet again from the GS thread that a mod got careless and banned me as well by mistake. (Which makes it even worse that he got to spoof my name and keep coming back.)

Anyways, thanks to everyone who asked about me and got them to finally allow me back. I just wanna talk games and help people get deals.

I finally crossed the million point mark while getting the last out of GS before elite pro ended, so for that I need to thank everyone else in this thread from 2 years back who first showed me how to do all this stuff. You really helped me out a lot.

I did manage to get a Switch Lite at a clearance store for 120 so that was a good score. Glad to see everyone is cleaning up and these closings.

He lives! I was starting to think you were gadave... Kidding of course.

#25045 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:18 AM

ALL GAME TYPES GET THE $5 BONUS w/ preorder. Hopefully, they don’t fix this before Monday.

#25046 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:54 AM

Good to have you back Omni

#25047 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:04 AM

I've been missing random transactions over the past few months. Now, I went from 2,300 active points to -992 over 2 days. I called in and they submit a ticket to review my account. I was fixed by the next day. The points I had plus the ones is been missing.

Super weird situation. Glad I called.

#25048 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   706 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:07 AM

ALL GAME TYPES GET THE $5 BONUS w/ preorder. Hopefully, they don’t fix this before Monday.

Yep, that's when I suspect a good portion of a lot of people's supposed rolling $2000 credit limit frees up from all the B2G2 flips after Christmas!

Maybe values will even tick back up after the weekend...

#25049 bubster93   WOT! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

bubster93

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:13 AM

Don't forget last day for B2G1. Most stores have a good stock of Switch games for those stocking up  :beer:

Wii Sports gave a $5 bonus

#25050 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   764 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2020 - 05:10 AM

Do they still frown about trading 2 of the same game even if it’s automatic refurbish fee? Is it ymmv? Wouldn’t the refurb fee be good for them....do they ever turn down discs for being hella scratched? I have a big lot of games that would get the bonus.

A lot of 3ds games that were 6.60 went down to 5.50 today.