* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#26191 detsportsfan3   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

detsportsfan3

Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:39 PM

Has anyone had luck buying $10 games online, returning them in-store and repurchasing to get the 4 for 20? Not sure why you couldn't do it, just might be a dick thing to do.

#26192 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:33 PM

Has anyone had luck buying $10 games online, returning them in-store and repurchasing to get the 4 for 20? Not sure why you couldn't do it, just might be a dick thing to do.

YMMV

#26193 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8186 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:36 PM

It’s a Dave hunt in here

I am looking for Michael Hunt.  Has anyone seen him?

#26194 Omni99  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:12 PM

Wow, IGN cranked one out too on the same day...

https://www.ign.com/...s?sf117655992=1

#26195 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:29 PM

Why do people think they are going to make a career for themselves at GameStop?

What’s the difference between GameStop and any other retail store job?

GameStop job is a stop, it’s a job don’t take it seriously the pay isn’t good and what do you expect out of it. If your manager barks at you there’s nothing you can do lol just be like ok.

Jeff bezos is praised but working at a amazon warehouse is horrible, they bark at you every 15 mins on the dot really every 15 mins, when it’s slow they scan your badge to see if your meeting your quota and obviously your not cause the machine might be down or the truck is late so what happens you get written up and sent home. The break room is lined with snacks out in the open but they are not free. They time your bathroom breaks...a girl gave birth in the bathroom and went back to work lol how do people praise amazon so much lol. And yet knock a small company like GameStop expecting better pay and better treatment to employees lol

#26196 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:33 PM

One thing I read in that article that I definitely agree with and have been following. Foot traffic is way down in stores. Sales are down much worse than people realize. They will miss every goal until the PS5 comes out, if they can last that long. And the part about lacking inventory should be the first big red flag for people watching them to see how they are doing. Q4 will be a disaster, and Q1 will be another one.

Maybe they shouldn't be implementing business practices that shift from encouraging repeat visits, to encouraging 1 visit a month...

#26197 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:40 PM

New consoles might be delayed with the corona virus as well so the speculated holiday release dates might not even happen

#26198 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:48 PM

Wow, IGN cranked one out too on the same day...

https://www.ign.com/...s?sf117655992=1

One thing I've repeatedly noticed in all of these articles is the assertion that the reason gamestop is failing, is because customers are turning to digital games in droves, and while that may technically be true, they never mention that the reason that is happening is because gamestop pushed them there by making shopping at GameStop a generally miserable experience.

#26199 Omni99  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:57 PM

Maybe they shouldn't be implementing business practices that shift from encouraging repeat visits, to encouraging 1 visit a month...

To them, they did implement a shift that encouraged repeat visits. They want you in there every month reliably rather than just when a game goes on sale. It's not going to work that way, but I can kind of see the logic they tried to use.

New consoles might be delayed with the corona virus as well so the speculated holiday release dates might not even happen

I heard that as well. Scary since my new console money is still in GS credit.

#26200 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:01 PM

To them, they did implement a shift that encouraged repeat visits. They want you in there every month reliably rather than just when a game goes on sale. It's not going to work that way, but I can kind of see the logic they tried to use.

I heard that as well. Scary since my new console money is still in GS credit.

Mine too well I got at least $250 on one trade card that I’m saving for next gen...if anything happens I’ll just buy a switch and sell it for cash. Spending one trade card on the animal crossing switch and animal crossing. And I got another trade card for deals and small flips which would end up being used for next gen as well.

#26201 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5637 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:01 PM

Whoa, coronavirus will kill GS too? It's already killed 2000 people.

#26202 Chakius   Banned Banned   303 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Chakius

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:14 PM

There are already allegations that the Coronavirus started from a top-secret Bio lab in China.

But that won't stop some people from bitching about how they want cheap China goods & electronics.  Support the government that creates the super flu .. thanks, Stephen King.

To all the Dave's out there, have a blessed day!

/twiddle ... waiting for this supposed GS Tax-Days sale.  Hrmm..

#26203 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3024 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

The stores I visit don't mind doing it because I always give them good surveys, but I'd try to do it when it's slow. Some employees don't know how to do online returns and will just mark "No Receipt" instead of manually typing everything in, but you could get an employee that cares too much about doing things the right way/is highly unskilled and takes forever to type the info in. 

#26204 Unemployed_Gamer90  

Unemployed_Gamer90

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

Why do people think they are going to make a career for themselves at GameStop?

What’s the difference between GameStop and any other retail store job?

GameStop job is a stop, it’s a job don’t take it seriously the pay isn’t good and what do you expect out of it. If your manager barks at you there’s nothing you can do lol just be like ok.

Jeff bezos is praised but working at a amazon warehouse is horrible, they bark at you every 15 mins on the dot really every 15 mins, when it’s slow they scan your badge to see if your meeting your quota and obviously your not cause the machine might be down or the truck is late so what happens you get written up and sent home. The break room is lined with snacks out in the open but they are not free. They time your bathroom breaks...a girl gave birth in the bathroom and went back to work lol how do people praise amazon so much lol. And yet knock a small company like GameStop expecting better pay and better treatment to employees lol

Stfu

#26205 trinken wir   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

trinken wir

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:40 PM

The stores I visit don't mind doing it because I always give them good surveys, but I'd try to do it when it's slow. Some employees don't know how to do online returns and will just mark "No Receipt" instead of manually typing everything in, but you could get an employee that cares too much about doing things the right way/is highly unskilled and takes forever to type the info in.

Make sure you are putting money/credit into the transaction and they should not care. Same as the buy 2 get one, if one store has two games and the other has one go to the store with one game first otherwise the store is returning two game so they can also lose inventory and get no revenue. Dont buy four games online and return them to one store and expect them to be happy about giving you half your money back.spread it out if you can.

#26206 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:50 PM

Stfu

https://www.google.c...ouse-2019-1?amp

oh Your new here you don’t matter

#26207 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:51 PM

Do stores no longer do B2G1 on Prestige days?

#26208 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:52 PM

Do stores no longer do B2G1 on Prestige days?

They did the last prestige day

There’s so many b2g1s now and I’m sure there will be more to come. From all stores including target and amazon before people say GameStop needs the money lol

#26209 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:14 AM

I love my instant pot

#26210 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3389 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:17 AM

https://www.google.c...ouse-2019-1?amp

oh Your new here you don’t matter

You're*

#26211 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   478 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:24 AM

Mine too well I got at least $250 on one trade card that I’m saving for next gen...if anything happens I’ll just buy a switch and sell it for cash. Spending one trade card on the animal crossing switch and animal crossing. And I got another trade card for deals and small flips which would end up being used for next gen as well.

I'd just be worried if they stopped allowing credit to be used on gaming cards like Xbox... that's one of my current "credit-out" plans - buy a ton of Xbox cards for MS store credit and then buy a surface or laptop.  :bs:

#26212 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:37 AM

You're*

Thanks Mrs. Crabapple

#26213 jbg87   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:40 AM

I'd just be worried if they stopped allowing credit to be used on gaming cards like Xbox... that's one of my current "credit-out" plans - buy a ton of Xbox cards for MS store credit and then buy a surface or laptop. :bs:

I’m more worried about Xbox not allowing me to buy a console with ms credit. Either buying a switch and cashing out is the exit plan. I live in a big city so there’s still a GameStop on every other corner. Only 2 closed around here during January.

#26214 strikeanywhere  

strikeanywhere

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:49 AM

There are already allegations that the Coronavirus started from a top-secret Bio lab in China.

But that won't stop some people from bitching about how they want cheap China goods & electronics.  Support the government that creates the super flu .. thanks, Stephen King.

To all the Dave's out there, have a blessed day!

/twiddle ... waiting for this supposed GS Tax-Days sale.  Hrmm..

*Tax-Daves sale.

Don't let me down, Gamestop.

#26215 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   520 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:58 AM

I'd just be worried if they stopped allowing credit to be used on gaming cards like Xbox... that's one of my current "credit-out" plans - buy a ton of Xbox cards for MS store credit and then buy a surface or laptop.  :bs:

Keep in mind that $1,000 is the max that you can use on a single purchase through the website via Gift Card balance.

#26216 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAG Veteran   478 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:05 AM

Keep in mind that $1,000 is the max that you can use on a single purchase through the website via Gift Card balance.

What type of cheapass do you take me for, of course I'd get a last gen clearance item for < 500!  :D/

szhNLEV.jpg

#26217 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   6665 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:21 AM

The heck happened to this thread?

#26218 FindingSerendipity  

FindingSerendipity

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:58 AM

The heck happened to this thread?

Who is this guy?!?!?!

#26219 Hellacious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   520 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:03 AM

What type of cheapass do you take me for, of course I'd get a last gen clearance item for < 500!  :D/

szhNLEV.jpg

Thinking more Next Gen Console, Accessories, Games etc all at once or getting a Gaming Laptop with good specs that aren't going to be outdated in a year. Figured someone might be thankful for that small tidbit of information though.

#26220 daring  

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:44 AM

I’m more worried about Xbox not allowing me to buy a console with ms credit. Either buying a switch and cashing out is the exit plan. I live in a big city so there’s still a GameStop on every other corner. Only 2 closed around here during January.

Can trade credit also be use for PSN currency cards?