* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#28021 knothead65  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:26 AM

I bought a copy of Animal Crossing yesterday and then another copy today. Do I get 1 $10 Reward or do they stack?

Says one per account, I think.

#28022 jrc84  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:34 AM

So if I cash in some of my Reward Points can I buy Xbox Digital Cash? Can I just add that to my Xbox account and wait for something I want to go on sale or does it expire? What rewards certificate works best for this...the normal one, will online only work?

Appreciate the advice on this as I am new to the digital scene....

#28023 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   884 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:37 AM

Anyone?

I just mentioned this earlier today on the same thread...online certificate/coupons do not work on anything digital.

Normal reward certificates (not the online only ones) worked on Nintendo eshop credit for me two months ago. 

#28024 knothead65  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:40 AM

He chose to work at gamestop and Chose to stay there like 10 years and got butthurt when they got rid of him.... He was the one that forgot the fact he was always replaceable...    He has a huge hard on to spread hate about them and I wonder what he is going to do when they go away? What other company has rubbed him the wrong way? Hes a crybaby playing victim

He has done other store videos but mostly Gamestop because he has connections and got fired.

Waiting on him to do a story on this but he probably won't because it isn't Gamestop. lol

Capture.PNG

#28025 jax4ever2  

jax4ever2

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:45 AM

So if I cash in some of my Reward Points can I buy Xbox Digital Cash? Can I just add that to my Xbox account and wait for something I want to go on sale or does it expire? What rewards certificate works best for this...the normal one, will online only work?

Appreciate the advice on this as I am new to the digital scene....

Don't get the online rewards cert for digital currency as they only work on physically shipped items.

You need the in-store certs to buy digital currency. I just ask the cashier to buy the denomination at the register ($10 Xbox/PSN/Nintendo giftcard for $10 in-store certificate) and its printed on the receipt.

Xbox digital cash doesn't expire, it stays in your Microsoft digital wallet until used. You may have to edit your payment at checkout in order to use it for physical items

#28026 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3410 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:46 AM

Well I ran out to GameStop today, I specifically picked a location that I know is typically not very busy, and there was no one in the store. The had a big sign out front stating they were sold out of Switch consoles. I redeemed 25k PUR points and used that and my animal crossing $10 reward to get a $35 eShop card, no issues. Didn't have to touch anything in the store and not even the pin pad since the certs covered the whole cost. In and out in less than a minute. I feel bad for all the employees that may be out of work soon.

#28027 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:46 AM

didnt expect this so soon, sittin on a G worth of tc, if they dont open back up, this is really gonna hurt

#28028 knothead65  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:49 AM

didnt expect this so soon, sittin on a G worth of tc, if they dont open back up, this is really gonna hurt

I don''t think they would be paying employees and doing curb-side pickup if they weren't planning on opening back up.

#28029 IAMSAM34  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 12:54 AM

Are arizona GS still open?

#28030 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:11 AM

In regards to Torchlight : GameStop employee called me to let me know that my preorder was canceled (likely due to physical release being canceled?), and that I’m free to use that credit towards preordering something else.

On the real though, in a worst case scenario, I have Last of Us 2 and Cyberpunk 2 paid in full with GS credit, if they go under, am I SOL?

I wouldn't think so, especially for TLOU2. Did you order physical copy for pick-up in store or was it an online order? One way or another, you should get your copy. Cyberpunk would be one I'd be a bit concerned about. That's why I'm ceasing all GS pre-orders . Nioh 2 was the last one I did.

#28031 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:19 AM

Are arizona GS still open?

They should be if they didn't already have early close times. It's like 6 PM in Arizona right?

#28032 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3410 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:20 AM

I only have last of us 2 pre ordered at the moment and I think I only have $10 on it. I see it as highly unlikely that they are going to close and screwing everyone over, but anything is possible at this point.

#28033 SideQuestsSuck  

SideQuestsSuck

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:21 AM

"Sir, just a sec, before you drive away...would you like to pre-order The Witcher 4?".

#28034 Omni99  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:37 AM

I don''t think they would be paying employees and doing curb-side pickup if they weren't planning on opening back up.

They really have no money to pay employees. They were pressured from numerous sources and finally decided the backlash was worse than the lost money...which means the backlash was something fierce.

The unknown factor right now is the government bailout money. How much and how soon? I just don't want people here to be left holding the bag at the end. I think the time for people to at least start to think about how they want to get out of this company if things go south fast is now.

#28035 knothead65  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:40 AM

They really have no money to pay employees. They were pressured from numerous sources and finally decided the backlash was worse than the lost money...which means the backlash was something fierce.

The unknown factor right now is the government bailout money. How much and how soon? I just don't want people here to be left holding the bag at the end. I think the time for people to at least start to think about how they want to get out of this company if things go south fast is now.

They don't have to pay employees, The Billionaire owners of my local hockey team fired staff so they could collect unemployment. Paying people seems like they plan on those same people staying for the curb pickup and keeping the jobs if they can re-open.

#28036 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3504 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:48 AM

The problem is those of us that have store credit tied up in preorders we can’t cancel and items we can’t return unless they reopen. Now, I don’t think they’ll just close for good but it’s still worrisome to have all this money tied up and not be able to cut bait.

#28037 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4407 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:49 AM

I would think GS is pretty low on the totem pole for bailouts. An already near death specialty retailer with questionable viability for the future? I guess if every affected business gets something.

Even if they do get a bailout, it seems pretty possible the consoles will get pushed back or have a lower than expected supply which messes up their previous "plan". It seems like the "social gathering spot" idea is likely out the window for like a year too.

#28038 knothead65  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:55 AM

I was there yesterday and thought about getting my trade credit off my pre-orders and buying stuff. Then I see the tweet at 7:17 pm ET and no time to make it to the store to do anything. I have over $100 tied up in orders. I wanted to get another switch but those seem hard to find now anyways.

#28039 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:55 AM

This is hilarious. The employees think they did something. Most of them are losing a job once the 2 week's is up.

As for us. I'm pretty sure we lost out on money. I know all my certificates are gonna expire so boom around $70 gone.

My trade credit is at $2700 nothing crazy but money is money. I also have around 24 game's paid off.

All in all if they die they die. Just annoyed at losing some cash.

#28040 knothead65  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 01:57 AM

This is hilarious. The employees think they did something. Most of them are losing a job once the 2 week's is up.

As for us. I'm pretty sure we lost out on money. I know all my certificates are gonna expire so boom around $70 gone.

My trade credit is at $2700 nothing crazy but money is money. I also have around 24 game's paid off.

All in all if they die they die. Just annoyed at losing some cash.

Camelot on twitter is so proud acting like he did it. Little does he realize is some people like working there and now they will be out of jobs and in some small towns jobs are hard to come by. He is on there now saying the work isn't done until the stores close all the way (no curb side pickup).

Meanwhile he is making money off the videos he does.

#28041 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:02 AM

I do feel bad for the employees. This is going to flood the retail worker market.

If anyone in retail is on this topic please get a skilled trade. I own a moving company. We are ALWAYS hiring and my guys get min.$25 an hour. Min.wage here is 8.56 or something

#28042 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:05 AM

They don't have to pay employees, The Billionaire owners of my local hockey team fired staff so they could collect unemployment. Paying people seems like they plan on those same people staying for the curb pickup and keeping the jobs if they can re-open.

thats another thing I dont grasp, how are they going to pay the employees if they are so close to being bankrupt, because Im laid off, from a larger company than gs, and there was never once talk of paying us out of pocket, its a layoff so its unemployment

#28043 greenwingzero  

greenwingzero

Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:11 AM

So what happens now with the $5 in store credit for pro members now that all stores are closing?

#28044 mojoaoe  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:17 AM

Dam. I just made an online order that I might return if it doesn’t come in good condition box. I wonder if I’ll be able to just return it through customer service?

#28045 mchittumjr  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:18 AM

Wonder if theyll let you cancel preorders and curbside pickup the gift card? Want to cancel my LoU2 preorder.

#28046 TimPV3   I don't play games, I play GameStop CAGiversary!   3027 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:21 AM

The last few years of GameStop doomsday predictions here are worse than Harold Camping's track record of predicting the rapture.

GameStop is paying managers because they're going to be stuck in these stores all day fulfilling orders, and if it's anything like the 2 I stopped in today they'll actually be busy. It's shitty these people have to face even this amount of risk, but Target and Walmart employees have it soooooooo much worse.

#28047 skrockij89  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 02:32 AM

I do feel bad for the employees. This is going to flood the retail worker market.

If anyone in retail is on this topic please get a skilled trade. I own a moving company. We are ALWAYS hiring and my guys get min.$25 an hour. Min.wage here is 8.56 or something

Or get into the medical field. There's always a demand. 

#28048 Royal High Knight   CAG's #1 Knucklehead CAGiversary!   5432 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Royal High Knight

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:02 AM

What the hell is "curb side pickup" in relation to Gamestop? This shit is confusing. Are stores only gonna open for major releases or not? I can wait on AC and Doom (both were preordered in a mall) but my preorder for Persona was at a regular store. That's my most anticipated title of the year so far, so you can bet your ass I wanna get my all ready paid off copy day 1.

#28049 IAMSAM34  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:08 AM

I hope they do curbside returns. Lol

#28050 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1067 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 March 2020 - 03:09 AM

GS looks like it will close in-store operations starting tomorrow. Better make a last run if you planned to.

They did change their tune and will pay employees, which is good to see.

attachicon.gif4760C55C-8A81-4756-BCFB-AFA25BF09A04.jpeg

All hail CAMELOT the anti corporate MESSIAH

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk