* * * * - 16 votes

The Gamestop Thread

Gamestop GS Weekly Gamestop Deals Gamestop Thread

#29461 mchittumjr  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:43 PM

Called and got my April coupon converted to 5k points. Call took a total of 12 minutes. Also the coupon is still letting me use it online.

#29462 jrc84  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:43 PM

Couple options I'm looking at: 

- Ask my local store (when they fully open) if i can switch them out...I've done this before.  I could possibly do it now since they're open for curbside.

- trade them in when the stores open and start taking trades, as long as there is a good trade-in deal

All up to you, but as others have stated, you can print out the covers and put them in a generic blue PS4 case.

Once the stores reopen for returns and trades, could you not just do buy/returns if you find better copies at GSs in the wild? Find a nice copy, buy it, then return your crappy box/disc/etc within a week at that or another store?

Edited by jrc84, 30 April 2020 - 05:17 PM.

#29463 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3638 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 04:03 PM

Could you not just do buy/returns if you find better copies at GSs in the wild? Find a nice copy, buy it, then return your crappy box/disc/etc within a week at that or another store?

Considering GameStop shouldn’t be doing store returns, I’d say no.

#29464 marcopolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

marcopolo

Posted 30 April 2020 - 05:15 PM

I got a bunch of disc only titles from past Gamestop sales.

Does anyone know the cheapest way to print replacement coverart?  How about cheap printer recommendations?

You should keep an eye out for clearance printers from Target and Walmart. Just use brickseek. Some of them can go for as low as $25.

if it's just a handful of covers, you could have staples print them off. i needed a replacement ps4 cover and i think it was ~$1 on glossy

#29465 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 06:11 PM

Called and got my April coupon converted to 5k points. Call took a total of 12 minutes. Also the coupon is still letting me use it online.

Thank you for mentioning this. I did the same...though of course it took an hour and a half for me (mostly waiting on hold while I did something else)

#29466 Long Time No C   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   141 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Long Time No C

Posted 30 April 2020 - 07:34 PM

Once the stores reopen for returns and trades, could you not just do buy/returns if you find better copies at GSs in the wild? Find a nice copy, buy it, then return your crappy box/disc/etc within a week at that or another store?

Yeah, you can do that. Might be awhile though before you can actually do that 

#29467 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   810 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:10 PM

Am I just unlucky? I see people getting orders rather quickly.

Ordered some stuff from gamestop on April 18. Shipped on 26th, 1 hour from me. Delivery was scheduled today, but tracking hasn't updated.

#29468 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1049 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:42 PM

used my $5 rewarde coupon today and got Psyvariar Delta for PS4 for $10 the copy I got look almost new 

#29469 Gameboy415   16-bits of awesome CAGiversary!   3477 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 08:44 PM

Just got my 12-game order from last Friday:

-PS4 - Bladestorm: Nightmare
-PS4 - Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition
-PS4 - Call of Duty: WWII
-PS4 - Dishonored 2 *Generic Case*
-PS4 - Micro Machines: World Tour *Generic Case*
-PS4 - Mothergunship
-PS4 - One Piece: Burning Blood *Generic Case*
-PS4 - The Order 1886 *Generic Case*
-PS4 - The Raven: Remastered *Generic Case*

-PS4 - Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure
-XB1 - Alien: Isolation Nostromo Edition
-XB1 - Syberia 3

I was hoping more than 7 would include their original cases but for the price I really can't complain!
I can always try to exchange (or trade-in) the disc-only games whenever stores open back up.

#29470 bn222  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:26 PM

Got my twelve games. Six of them were complete but the other six didn't even have generic cases. They sent them in just the envelope. At least they were in a box so there was no risk of cracked discs, but still, no case at all on Xbox one and PS4 games is a new one for me.20200430_191159.jpg

#29471 Stop  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:43 PM

Got my twelve games. Six of them were complete but the other six didn't even have generic cases. They sent them in just the envelope. At least they were in a box so there was no risk of cracked discs, but still, no case at all on Xbox one and PS4 games is a new one for me.attachicon.gif20200430_191159.jpg

To add insult to injury, your Tomb Raider is a Red Box game (label on the hole).

#29472 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14797 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2020 - 11:53 PM

Striking out on coverart for:

Alien Isolation -XB1

Mega Man Legacy - XB1

Republique - PS4

Any help/suggestions are appreciated- thanks!

You're probably going to have to make your own cover for Republique; that game had a low physical print run years ago. I doubt your local GS is going to have another copy of that game.

#29473 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 01 May 2020 - 12:56 AM

Wow I’ve never seen that before. Generic cases sure but just a disc sleeve? Lmao i really don’t wanna buy any pre owned game fro GameStop right now

#29474 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6838 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:12 AM

Those getting generic sleeves likely got their items from store closings. This glitch was likely an easy way of GS to clear out stock at closing stores as they couldn't otherwise with the lockdown.

One of my local stores closed during all this and fulfilled online orders or shipped inventory to other stores.

#29475 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:10 AM

Those getting generic sleeves likely got their items from store closings. This glitch was likely an easy way of GS to clear out stock at closing stores as they couldn't otherwise with the lockdown.

One of my local stores closed during all this and fulfilled online orders or shipped inventory to other stores.

That’s what I was thinking at the time. Even if I had something I wanted I would’ve held back. If only they made some old collectors editions available for shipping That’s be nice but it’s GameStop..

#29476 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3607 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:47 AM

I called on Monday to have a game shipped that u preordered in store (game is already released). They said I would be getting email confirmation very soon. Still haven't gotten it, and in the website my preorder doesn't say anything different from normal.

Edit: nevermind; just got the email right before posting this.

#29477 bn222  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 04:04 AM

To add insult to injury, your Tomb Raider is a Red Box game (label on the hole).

Lol yeah, there's actually another Redbox disc in there too.

#29478 Jhingles  

Jhingles

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:09 AM

Excellent, the May cert is also online only. Can't wait to waste another one. Thanks Gamestop!

#29479 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2315 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:10 AM

Uhhh, did anyone else who had points issued to them from customer service have them disappear?  The 5k that was given to me for them losing my April PUR coupon aren't in my account anymore...

Update:  Actually, it's showing that my points were spent ON my new May PUR coupon?! The Fuck?

picturecrop.png

#29480 Omni99  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:07 AM

Uhhh, did anyone else who had points issued to them from customer service have them disappear?  The 5k that was given to me for them losing my April PUR coupon aren't in my account anymore...

Update:  Actually, it's showing that my points were spent ON my new May PUR coupon?! The Fuck?

picturecrop.png

Usually Auto issued means that your account was set to spend points automatically on a reward. Do you maybe have two coupons in your offers now?

#29481 RPGamer246   I Game You Game We Game CAGiversary!   1111 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:47 AM

My may $5 coupon won’t add to cart, copy and pasted the code and tried entering it manually, doesn’t work. I was trying to buy a physical game btw, trials of mana on switch

#29482 Kengi   Gamer of all kinds CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:09 AM

My may $5 coupon won’t add to cart, copy and pasted the code and tried entering it manually, doesn’t work. I was trying to buy a physical game btw, trials of mana on switch

I'm having the same issue. Tried to use my April code, never got it to work, called in and got it converted to points.

#29483 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:17 AM

Same. Every damn time. How hard could it be Jesus GameStop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29484 Kengi   Gamer of all kinds CAGiversary!   11 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:28 AM

Where are you even supposed to put the code in? It doesn't work as a coupon, it doesn't work as a gift card.

#29485 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2993 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:40 AM

Where are you even supposed to put the code in? It doesn't work as a coupon, it doesn't work as a gift card.

It’s not working. I tried on website every way possible and also tried in the app.

#29486 The_Central_Scrutinizer  

The_Central_Scrutinizer

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:04 PM

I got my order of 10 Wii U games today, all in generic black cases with no artwork. 8 of those 10 won’t boot at all, 2 work... but I’m not trusting those. Called CS for over a hour and then my phone died, I might just wait it out for the stores to open back up to return.
Also got a wrong game disk in the proper case.

I played Wii U Roulette with GameStop as well. One came with the case and works great; the other two came in generic cases and give an "INVALID DISC" error.

Between how poorly-made Wii U discs are, and how dismal GameStop's quality control of them is, I was honestly just relieved that even one worked. Hopefully the return process for the other two won't be a drag.

#29487 Vulsker  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:12 PM

The code is working now. You cannot use it on anything that is currently on sale. I tossed a figure in the cart, nope because the flash collectible deal going. Tossed in a copy of RE3 - put in the coupon code and it worked no problem.

It’s not working. I tried on website every way possible and also tried in the app.

#29488 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7013 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:32 PM

May coupon doesnt say "excludes digital items" like the april coupon did, but couldnt find anywhere to put the code when trying to buy $10 psn funds.

I found where to put the code, in cart before checkout, but wouldnt apply to psn funds.

#29489 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2315 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2020 - 02:51 PM

Usually Auto issued means that your account was set to spend points automatically on a reward. Do you maybe have two coupons in your offers now?

Wow, I'm an asshole apparently. Yup, I just jumped the gun and assumed, I have my actual PUR coupon showing now too.

Man, sorry for my being dramatic and all, I just had a bad day yesterday and that was the cherry on top. Thanks for the heads up man.

#29490 themidgardknight   Runner Nerd CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

themidgardknight

Posted 01 May 2020 - 07:26 PM

Does anyone know wtf this is lol

It's titled: 

YOU WANT THIS box

https://www.gamestop...x/B159807A.html