* * * * - 16 votes

Black Friday 2018 - The Big Thread | GameStop Ad Posted!

#1591 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted Today, 05:34 AM

Sucks evil within 2 and MHW are sold out at GameFly. Guess to Target and Walmart I go

#1592 WittyNickname   Ne'er-do-well CAGiversary!   303 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

WittyNickname

Posted Today, 05:48 AM

Is it safe to assume that Gamestop "doorbusters" will be in-store only?

Seems pretty commonsense, but I have no experience with Gamestop on Black Friday.

#1593 PixelDestructor  

PixelDestructor

Posted Today, 06:14 AM

Quick question, will GCU still work on Black Friday for games that aren't on sale? There are a few things that I wanted to pick up that won't be on sale along with the Black Friday deals and I don't really wanna got to BestBuy two times in one week if I can help it

#1594 kanekiken  

Posted Today, 06:16 AM

Seems Kohls BF started online. Did I missed the PS4 there?

Last year they didn't have the bundle online, it was in store only.

#1595 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6047 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 06:49 AM

Anybody see a Black Friday deal on a decent Android tablet that's at least 32 gb that's not an Amazon Fire and between $100 and $150?

#1596 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2013 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted Today, 06:52 AM

I can't seem to find the console deals on aafes anymore ?

I hope Newegg starts their ea access discount again soon!

#1597 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted Today, 07:27 AM

Oh yeah what about amazon. Are they just gonna copy all the other retailers this Black Friday with pricing?

#1598 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted Today, 07:37 AM

Oh yeah what about amazon. Are they just gonna copy all the other retailers this Black Friday with pricing?

They been doing practically this most of the years with a very few surprises.

#1599 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11478 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 07:58 AM

My Gamefly Order is already coming on Wednesday

#1600 oscargrouch   SCRAM! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

oscargrouch

Posted Today, 08:05 AM

Target early access is live. Only FIFA and Starlink are included right now.

#1601 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6416 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:08 AM

Anyone have any laptop recommendations? Looking for best bang for $400-600

I recommended this one to a relative of mine yesterday. It's got the latest gen i5 processor, a good size screen & plenty of storage space & RAM. It's not a gaming machine, but you're not going to get a gaming laptop in that price range even on BF. 

https://deals.dell.c...ductdetail/1pki

#1602 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1236 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted Today, 08:11 AM

Target early access is live. Only FIFA and Starlink are included right now.

Blops 4 too

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#1603 gotdott   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2480 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:52 AM

I recommended this one to a relative of mine yesterday. It's got the latest gen i5 processor, a good size screen & plenty of storage space & RAM. It's not a gaming machine, but you're not going to get a gaming laptop in that price range even on BF. 

https://deals.dell.c...ductdetail/1pki

Best Buy will have this for $519, might be a good option

https://www.bestbuy....?skuId=6212601 

Page 32 of preview

#1604 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6416 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 09:19 AM

Best Buy will have this for $519, might be a good option

https://www.bestbuy....?skuId=6212601 

Page 32 of preview

Nice, I hadn't seen that one - yeah, I'd go with it.

EDIT: Or for $599, they're going to have the same model with a more capable gpu that apparently is a pretty decent gaming machine, along with an SSD. I guess I sit corrected on being able to buy a gaming laptop for that price range.

Now I find myself tempted to make a rash purchase myself. :-P

#1605 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted Today, 10:15 AM

FWIW, my rule of thumb is to pass on anything I'm not planning on playing right away unless it's a price that realistically won't go any lower ($10 or less) or something that most likely had a lower print run (I've picked up Shining Resonance Refrain & Fire Pro Wrestling World for this reason). Odds are VERY good AC Odyssey will be cheaper by the time you're ready for it.

That’s a very smart way of thinking about it. I’ve got a stack of games on my office floor, some of which I bought for $25 last BF and I think to myself why...

#1606 ec91762  

Posted Today, 10:32 AM

That’s a very smart way of thinking about it. I’ve got a stack of games on my office floor, some of which I bought for $25 last BF and I think to myself why...

Oh that's east to answer why! If you dont your brains anxiety will be constantly bugging and nudging you and either you buy it when it's relatively cheap, or you cave in and buy it when it's a tad more expensive along with others! ...at least that's how my brain works

#1607 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1985 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:00 PM

I'm hoping my PS4 bundle from Amazon gets here today like it says it will. It has yet to ship. I did a live chat last night just to ask if it was on track to ship soon or what and the representative said she guaranteed it would be here by 8PM. That's in 13 hours from now and there is a warehouse/distro center an hour away, so it's possible, but that means it won't be with USPS because if they have it in the next hour it won't get processed and put on the truck for the day.
I better not have to wait until Friday; I'm counting on watching some stuff from Redbox tomorrow night and need a BluRay player.

#1608 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted Today, 12:15 PM

I'm hoping my PS4 bundle from Amazon gets here today like it says it will. It has yet to ship. I did a live chat last night just to ask if it was on track to ship soon or what and the representative said she guaranteed it would be here by 8PM. That's in 13 hours from now and there is a warehouse/distro center an hour away, so it's possible, but that means it won't be with USPS because if they have it in the next hour it won't get processed and put on the truck for the day.
I better not have to wait until Friday; I'm counting on watching some stuff from Redbox tomorrow night and need a BluRay player.

Prayers.

#1609 TuscaloosaJohnny  

TuscaloosaJohnny

Posted Today, 12:38 PM

Prayers.

😂

#1610 EYEL1NER   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1985 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:41 PM

Prayers.

I wasn't trying to sound super-entitled, though I did say "I better not have to wait until Friday..." I guess it does come off that way.

Still, what's the hold-up, when as early as Sunday night it said it would be here by today, and then CS tells me they guarantee it will be here by today, and all indications point to it not being here by the end of the day?
The USPS site did just update, and I see it appearing in my Informed Delivery. I'm over here in SC though and at 8pm last night it was picked up by a shipping partner in Ohio and on its way to the USPS. Not sure why they'd wait and overnight it rather than just ship it out earlier. Unless something happened like they ran out but knew they were getting some more in time for the Black Friday sales? Eh, who knows. Package tracking though, am I right?