* * * * - 18 votes

Black Friday 2018 - The Big Thread | See You Next Year!

#631 Shadow118  

Shadow118

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:14 AM

Kinda sucks that there’s no deals for New Nintendo 3DS XL systems...

I’m in a need for a new one and was planning on getting the Galaxy style.. (unless Amazon or someone will have something on Cyber Monday...?

So looks like I’m mainly getting the Roku Ultra and possibly Pokémon Ultra Moon from Best Buy... not much else, really...

#632 Landonio  

Landonio

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:35 AM

Refer to the FAQ, specifically the selnd question.

I assume you mean "second", but I don't see how that's relevant. I'm talking about in the spreadsheet. 

next week maybe

Hopefully. Thanks.

#633 Conseil  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:39 AM

Any sightings yet for the Xbox One S 2 controller bundle?

#634 StryderOmega  

StryderOmega

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:43 AM

I assume you mean "second", but I don't see how that's relevant. I'm talking about in the spreadsheet. 

It's relevant because it, Gamestop's ad, isn't out yet. How do you expect us to get the info for the spreadsheet without the ad?

#635 Super Sonic   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   713 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Super Sonic

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:46 AM

Kinda sucks that there’s no deals for New Nintendo 3DS XL systems...

I’m in a need for a new one and was planning on getting the Galaxy style.. (unless Amazon or someone will have something on Cyber Monday...?

So looks like I’m mainly getting the Roku Ultra and possibly Pokémon Ultra Moon from Best Buy... not much else, really...

Hell I wish they'd bring back the non-XL sized "New" 3DS editions for $99 that they had two years ago.  I regret not getting one as my XL is too huge to fit in my pocket. People had given up on "old" 2DS tablets by that point, and the past two years have done little to warm people up to such increasingly antiquated tech.  Stores had the Zelda 2DS from last year available for many months before they could find some takers.

#636 Churchbus   Squirtin out both ends CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Churchbus

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:20 AM

Dagh, I held off too long on the Newegg $270 Switch deal in case there was anything better (there wasn't), and now it's gone.  Shame on me.

#637 dogwitch  

dogwitch

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:30 AM

i love this thread so much.. props again for the list

#638 Sielanas  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:38 AM

ShopRunner is giving me free access until the end of the year all of a sudden. :o now I'm tempted to shop at Newegg again.

I've got it free with my Amex card, Newegg is the only place I've ever used it.

#639 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:03 AM

ShopRunner is giving me free access until the end of the year all of a sudden. :o now I'm tempted to shop at Newegg again.

Except not everything at Newegg qualifies for ShopRunner

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#640 Landonio  

Landonio

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:21 AM

It's relevant because it, Gamestop's ad, isn't out yet. How do you expect us to get the info for the spreadsheet without the ad?

Oh shit, my bad. I was looking at the question about the Elite Pro membership. I was like "what the hell does that even have to do with what I asked"? But yeah, sorry about that. Wasn't trying to be a dick or anything. Just somehow missed it and was genuinely confused.

But besides, the GameStop ad has been leaked anyway.

#641 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1743 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:23 AM

Oh shit, my bad. I was looking at the question about the Elite Pro membership. I was like "what the hell does that even have to do with what I asked"? But yeah, sorry about that. Wasn't trying to be a dick or anything. Just somehow missed it and was genuinely confused.

Where? Are you confusing it with the Pro Days sale?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#642 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:25 AM

I checked the spreadsheet and didn't see any deals for the PS4 Pro. Does that mean Amazon is our only hope? I was hoping the Red Dead Bundle would be like $50 off or something. At least the VR bundles are $100 off almost everywhere.

#643 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:35 AM

Nothing leaked yet, you are reading clickbait articles. They are alluding/speculating Pro Day deals are what gonna be on BF.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#644 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11734 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:34 AM

I checked the spreadsheet and didn't see any deals for the PS4 Pro. Does that mean Amazon is our only hope? I was hoping the Red Dead Bundle would be like $50 off or something. At least the VR bundles are $100 off almost everywhere.

Amazon isn't your only hope when they pretty much price match everyone else's prices.

Gamestop is more likely to have a deal

#645 TheHaitianKid63  

TheHaitianKid63

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:45 AM

Dammit Nintendo I need Mario Kart 8 to go on sale!!!! 

#646 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1504 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:40 AM

Have we heard any good deals on external hdds? Looking for one for my Xbox, if good enough of a deal I'd go with SSD.

#647 arnie3713   CAG in Training CAG in Training   2 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

arnie3713

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:08 PM

Have we heard any good deals on external hdds? Looking for one for my Xbox, if good enough of a deal I'd go with SSD.

I am looking at the Best Buy ad and on page 31 I see a 4TB for $79.99

#648 skrockij89  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:27 PM

If you’re military, veteran, or know someone in the military, the RDR2 Ps4 Pro Bundle is $349 now at the NEX and AAFES.

#649 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:48 PM

In general this entire BF seems underwhelming. Tons of games here should be way cheaper. E.g. I got No Man's Sky and Crash Trilogy for $16 each after GCU during DotDs..MONTHS AGO! Now for BF, where there's supposed to be unprecedented sales, they are more expensive and GCU is ineligible? Pft.

Also does anyone else with GCU feel like these are going to be regular sale prices in January but with GCU?

Neweggs ad sucks - so many of the same products have been on sale and for cheaper. They are clearly just trying to clear old stock without really competing, hoping the BF hype will trick people into spending. The only exception might be the evga Psu and some external HDDs.

Good movie sales are few and far between (same 4k movies same price as last BF lmao!)

#650 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9251 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:57 PM

The BF sales are generally weaker. I do like that Sony seems to be most with it for giving nice discounts on their first party titles such as Detroit and God of War, which aren't too old. Nintendo is like eh you can do $35 at most for most of these first party Switch games or about like 3 dollars off a 3DS version....take it or leave it. Most of the cheap stuff is decently old and similar priced to stuff last BF.

I'm not super crazy, though I will bite on at least 2 $35 Switch games (just got the thing....) and likely Detroit.

It just means less for the backlog, which is fine.

#651 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:57 PM

Doesn't work on BF but a lot of the same prices will happen again on Cyber Monday where it does.

Cyber Monday, then each game will have its own DotD each week starting Dec 1st lol

#652 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2342 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:47 PM

The BF sales are generally weaker.

In general this entire BF seems underwhelming. Tons of games here should be way cheaper. E.g. I got No Man's Sky and Crash Trilogy for $16 each after GCU during DotDs..MONTHS AGO! Now for BF, where there's supposed to be unprecedented sales, they are more expensive and GCU is ineligible? Pft.

Also does anyone else with GCU feel like these are going to be regular sale prices in January but with GCU?

Agreed. The prices are still too damn high. BB is going to have to have these same prices just before BF or in Jan for me to bite so I can use GCU.

#653 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:05 PM

If you’re military, veteran, or know someone in the military, the RDR2 Ps4 Pro Bundle is $349 now at the NEX and AAFES.

Hey man thanks for the heads up. Are...uhh...you in the military?

#654 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2435 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:32 PM

I am counting on GameStop to have some sort of bundle sale for the Switch or PS4 Pro.

#655 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:55 PM

Yeah so far I’m getting God of War for $20, Dragonball Fighterz for $17, maybe Monster Hunter for $17 and Mega Man Legacy X collection 1+2 (if on sale) but other then that not looks to enticing.

#656 hankdelsi  

hankdelsi

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:00 PM

Anyone ever try purchasing from this seller ultimatesale through walmart, they have black ops pc for 32 & change, can't postt link, not enough posts yet but here's the model #/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4-Activision-PC-047875335615/825561827

#657 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1504 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:16 PM

I am looking at the Best Buy ad and on page 31 I see a 4TB for $79.99

Thanks. I bought that same one (minus the extra thumb drive) for $90 for backup storage in May. Works well for storage. I'll check it out reviews for external xb1 drive

#658 adezero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

Only deal i'm thinking is good is the AC: Odyssey for $30

#659 danishmaggot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5645 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

danishmaggot

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:22 AM

Only deal i'm thinking is good is the AC: Odyssey for $30

Probably gonna pick that and Shadow of the Tomb Raider up if I can get them digitally at that price.

#660 Conseil  

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:37 AM

https://www.microsof.../b/black-friday

A preview of what Microsoft will offer. :-