* * * * - 18 votes

Black Friday 2018 - The Big Thread | See You Next Year!

#1561 kanekiken  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:15 AM

There probably won't be a lot. I mean if they do the same thing as last year, basically nothing good will be on sale for Target Redcard holders. I remember last year being a disappointment.

#1562 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:21 AM

Has anyone seen any deals on gift cards? I am getting gift cards as gifts this year (Target, Disney Store, iTunes) and could use some deals to save some money.

#1563 Soundtrack2chaos  

Soundtrack2chaos

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:27 AM

Got Odyssey and Far Cry 5 for $61 off GMG. Was going to buy them off Uplay because I paid coins for a discount code but it was $2 cheaper through GMG and I already have copies of rayman legends on PS4 and Switch.

All I’m after now are: Red Dead 2, Spider-Man (might wait on this one), Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter (have on PS4 but want it for PC)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1564 7String   Adam Howard CAG Veteran   237 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:27 AM

I gotta say man, between Amazon and BBY, and even Walmart , I pretty much finished shopping already and I just realized it

I went to look at the eBay coupon and see what I could throw in my cart for a worthwhile checkout and realized I got at least two gifts for everyone on my list

Then I couldn’t think of anything I could buy (justifiably I mean of course) just for shisss n gigz and then it hit me

This CAG is al BFed out and it’s not even turkey day !!! NOW THATS something to be thankful for this year
GOBBLE GOBBLE YALL

#1565 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6537 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:32 AM

Has anyone seen any deals on gift cards? I am getting gift cards as gifts this year (Target, Disney Store, iTunes) and could use some deals to save some money.

If you are a Fry's Food, Kroger, or Ralph's grocery store shopper, they have digital coupons for several different retailers' gift cards in addition to the GameStop $10 off the purchase of three $25 cards deal that I posted on the previous page.  You would have to either already have a store savings card or sign up for one at one of those stores, but I saw several deals on the Kroger website's digital coupons section earlier today including Uber, Hulu, Spotify, Home Depot, Bath & Body Works, DSW, and The Children's Place, just to name a few.  But, I'm too damn tired after a hard day's work to post all that, so I'll just suggest that you go to the Fry's Food, Kroger, or Ralph's website (whichever chain is in your local area).  Or, just buy the $75 in GameStop cards for $65, and then use the GameStop cards to buy other gift cards at GameStop.  On top of that, you can get four times the fuel points added to your store card when buying gift cards if you select that digital coupon too.  Anyway, each of the gift card deals on those sites have to be added to your card and used by 11/26 because that's the expiration date.

#1566 elessar123  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:33 AM

Good to know. The continuous shot, VR and battery life will come in handy. I can still use the gopro for its size..

Looks like there is a Coolpix B500 at adorama for $179. I don't know a thing about them.

I'll need to checkout the sandisk cards since they seem to be less expensive this week.

I've never bought a camera at Adorama, just accessories, but they're legit.

#1567 TheOldGuy  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 01:51 AM

My Black Friday dilemmas if anyone wants to chime in with thoughts/advice:

- AC Odyssey seems like a good price at $27 from GS since I can't recall Origins falling lower than that in the past year - but I just played Origins + DLC so I'm kinda burned out on the franchise and this new game looks damn near identical.

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider appeals to me the most, but I wonder if the $27 price at GS is the lowest it will go. Seems like it hasn't done well commercially and could end up hitting sub-$20 quick.

- Burnout Paradise Remastered at $10 from BB is a total impulse buy, but does this game actually have standard races? Like follow checkpoints throughout the city races? Or are they all "find your way to the finish line" + destruction type races?

I can't speak to the other two, but I do recommend taking a break between AC: Origins (which I loved) and AC:Odyssey (which is still fun but feels very much like a sequel). My advice is to play a few games after Origins to cleanse the palate before tackling Odyssey.

#1568 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:08 AM

I gotta say man, between Amazon and BBY, and even Walmart , I pretty much finished shopping already and I just realized it

I went to look at the eBay coupon and see what I could throw in my cart for a worthwhile checkout and realized I got at least two gifts for everyone on my list

Then I couldn’t think of anything I could buy (justifiably I mean of course) just for shisss n gigz and then it hit me

This CAG is al BFed out and it’s not even turkey day !!! NOW THATS something to be thankful for this year
GOBBLE GOBBLE YALL

Congrats on getting what you need, but I’d argue that this year’s pre-bf deals has been way worse then the last few years. Some deals have been available sure, but they held back quite a lot of the premier deals.

#1569 Dawg Pound   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Dawg Pound

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:23 AM

Grabbed Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition from Gamestop today for $10.  From all the reviews and talk, seems like it is worth that and then some.  

#1570 elessar123  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:41 AM

Grabbed Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition from Gamestop today for $10.  From all the reviews and talk, seems like it is worth that and then some.  

It is. IMO, Witcher 3 has deeper lore, H:ZD has better gameplay. Both have pretty good stories though.

#1571 ThunderChunky62   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

ThunderChunky62

Posted 21 November 2018 - 02:42 AM

Has anyone seen any upcoming deals on We Happy Few (X1)?

If you have a Meijer near buy, they have We Happy Few for Ps4 for $20 all week. So they might also have it for Xbone for the same price

#1572 Volitar Prime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Volitar Prime

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:08 AM

I jumped on the week long BF price (40% off) for the new Samsung Odyssey+ VR headset at the MS store.  Now to watch for some VR games to go on sale on Steam or elsewhere.

#1573 7String   Adam Howard CAG Veteran   237 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:11 AM

Congrats on getting what you need, but I’d argue that this year’s pre-bf deals has been way worse then the last few years. Some deals have been available sure, but they held back quite a lot of the premier deals.

Thanks man
To be clear that’s not exCtly what I meant re:quality
Actually what I mean is sale trends are not that great Nd after seeing all BF ads I wAs able to find almost comparable ke prices these past couple weeks mostly
But your right , I’m not excited about the products as I was in past , it’s jusr like reflected in the sale lol

AnyWay hope it is better next yeR

#1574 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3682 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:17 AM

Bestbuy sent me the standard Shining Resonance Refrain instead of the launch edition. >={ wtf.

#1575 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:26 AM

I'm thinking the dell inspiron 11 3000 2-in-1 should have enough to stream and record at the same time, at least a gaming console. I seem to have missed the sale. There's also $200 lenovo 130-15ast 15.6" laptop amd a6 4gb mem - p5. I really don't know much about lenovo.

I do have plenty of external storage. I can record and edit for youtube (or other).

Since I'm new to streaming and editing, looks like OBS is the way to go. Elgato doesn't really have the editing I would like to do.

I just need a splitter and some more hdmi cords.

See what other deals I can find tomorrow.

#1576 oni_saru_sensei   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

oni_saru_sensei

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:31 AM

If i buy a new game in the gamestop website, they won't just ship me a used game shrinkwrapped will they? I have deep Gamestop trust issues since in the past they have tried to pull this shit. But I think i missed the best buy deals that were up. So I'm considering buying from GS

#1577 WKT   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:33 AM

Seems Kohls BF started online.  Did I missed the PS4 there?

#1578 Miada   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1011 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:33 AM

Absolutely. It was worth full price. Great game, and great story DLC.

#1579 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1422 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:46 AM

If i buy a new game in the gamestop website, they won't just ship me a used game shrinkwrapped will they? I have deep Gamestop trust issues since in the past they have tried to pull this shit. But I think i missed the best buy deals that were up. So I'm considering buying from GS

Store or warehouse may fulfill your order so it could go both way: brand new never opened or a gutted copy.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#1580 oni_saru_sensei   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

oni_saru_sensei

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:54 AM

Store or warehouse may fulfill your order so it could go both way: brand new never opened or a gutted copy.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

ughhh. well I bought Horizon and Detroit from them. Hopefully it's brand new

#1581 inky1600   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1634 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:56 AM

Seems Kohls BF started online. Did I missed the PS4 there?

No i dont think that has been available yet. Gonna have to go in thursday

#1582 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4897 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:58 AM

Kohls started the "bf deals" sections already but the "doorbuster" sections of the ad start Thursday 12 am central. The ps4 is a doorbuster.

#1583 mastaspy007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

mastaspy007

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:59 AM

I can't speak to the other two, but I do recommend taking a break between AC: Origins (which I loved) and AC:Odyssey (which is still fun but feels very much like a sequel). My advice is to play a few games after Origins to cleanse the palate before tackling Odyssey.

Appreciate the input, thanks! That's kinda why I was looking into Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Might just grab it at $27 and rely on extended holiday returns in case it goes on sale cheaper between now and January.

#1584 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6420 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:20 AM

Appreciate the input, thanks! That's kinda why I was looking into Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Might just grab it at $27 and rely on extended holiday returns in case it goes on sale cheaper between now and January.

FWIW, my rule of thumb is to pass on anything I'm not planning on playing right away unless it's a price that realistically won't go any lower ($10 or less) or something that most likely had a lower print run (I've picked up Shining Resonance Refrain & Fire Pro Wrestling World for this reason). Odds are VERY good AC Odyssey will be cheaper by the time you're ready for it. 

#1585 WKT   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:21 AM

Kohls started the "bf deals" sections already but the "doorbuster" sections of the ad start Thursday 12 am central. The ps4 is a doorbuster.

Thanks!  Will have to stay up late Wed night / Thurs morning.  Luckily it's before eating all that sleep-inducing turkey  

#1586 bsc11  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:31 AM

edit wrong thread

#1587 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10667 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:34 AM

I have a coupon that would get me AC: Odyssey vanilla for $22.50+tax from Best Buy but honestly I am not sure when I will play it. Origins is sitting on my shelf still. 

#1588 E_Man   Classically Trained!! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:40 AM

I'm assuming the GameStop doorbusters won't be online and just in store?

#1589 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2723 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:45 AM

Anyone have any laptop recommendations? Looking for best bang for $400-600

#1590 mastaspy007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   316 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

mastaspy007

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:07 AM

FWIW, my rule of thumb is to pass on anything I'm not planning on playing right away unless it's a price that realistically won't go any lower ($10 or less) or something that most likely had a lower print run (I've picked up Shining Resonance Refrain & Fire Pro Wrestling World for this reason). Odds are VERY good AC Odyssey will be cheaper by the time you're ready for it.

That's a good rule to shop by. But I can't seem to remember seeing AC Origins (last year's game) go lower than $27 since last BF. I was kinda thinking it would be the same with Odyssey since they announced there won't be a new AC next year.