- - - - -

Best Buy Ad 12/9-12/15: Buy One, Get One 50% off select Nintendo 3DS Games

#61 gnugget5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   374 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

gnugget5

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:10 PM

Oh thank baby Jesus Overwatch is finally $30. It has literally never been $30. Ever.

When I came upon this post, my sarcasm sensor went and exploded.  You owe me one sarcasm sensor, sir. 

#62 donny2112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   770 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

donny2112

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:09 PM

Just bought in-store, and GCU came off both 3DS games. 🙂

#63 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2646 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

Is it all 3ds games or just Nintendo ones?

Edit: nevermind, from OP "Buy one, get one 50% off select 3DS games (Nintendo Published)"

#64 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

Tried on Pocket Card Jockey and Pushmo, both published by Nintendo and it doesn't seem to be taking off. I guess maybe only works of physical games.

#65 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2310 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

Just bought in-store, and GCU came off both 3DS games.

Guess I'll be going in store, but I want my extra $2 off for in-store pickup...

#66 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   470 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

Would be nice if they fixed this, I won't be trekking across town in the snow for a few extra dollars.

I really only want Luigi's Mansion, but have been thinking about selling off my Wii U....so Wooly World is kinda enticing.

Would like Pikmin, but I hear the framerate is atrocious on a standard 3DS.

#67 Madzane  

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:51 PM

Is it all 3ds games or just Nintendo ones?
Edit: nevermind, from OP "Buy one, get one 50% off select 3DS games (Nintendo Published)"

As I mentioned earlier, got two third party titles with no issues.

#68 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:15 AM

I’m contemplating Kirby Star Allies digital for $50, but knowing it was $40 physical on Black Friday, I can’t pull the trigger.

#69 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10639 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:52 AM

Hmm...do I use my GCU ending 25% off coupon on Spider-Man for $30?

#70 Alien Spider   #SQUIRTLESQUAD CAGiversary!   1431 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Alien Spider

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:57 AM

Would be nice if they fixed this, I won't be trekking across town in the snow for a few extra dollars.

I really only want Luigi's Mansion, but have been thinking about selling off my Wii U....so Wooly World is kinda enticing.

Would like Pikmin, but I hear the framerate is atrocious on a standard 3DS.

Same here. I was wanting Luigi's Mansion and Warioware, but if they don't fix it, I just won't be getting them this time around I guess. :\ 

#71 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1285 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:55 AM

I’m contemplating Kirby Star Allies digital for $50, but knowing it was $40 physical on Black Friday, I can’t pull the trigger.

I had the same conflict with Octopath, though it's been on sale less often than Kirby. I ended up buying it from Best Buy digitally for the $50 price using a Best buy gift card I bought via Samsung Pay for $45, and got the full 300 points.

#72 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:14 AM

Me think it’s time to get spidey. Since my gcu is until March 2020 I want to get the most of it possible

Anyone else wonder if it will be replaced with another program when there isn’t anyone left using gcu ?

#73 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3295 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:10 AM

Question... the battlefield V steelbook i received from them in the mail is pretty smash up.  Any chance i can go to the store for an exchange?

#74 Acash  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:24 AM

Just added to today's Deal:

$349.98 Nintendo - Switch w/ Mario Kart 8 Game and Joy-Con Wireless Wheels Package

link

https://www.bestbuy....999300000000282

#75 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14080 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:24 AM

That's pretty awful considering the MK8 bundle was $50 less by itself. The wireless wheels were $5 on clearance at Target if you can still find them. $45 overpriced, at least.

#76 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:29 AM

That's pretty awful considering the MK8 bundle was $50 less by itself. The wireless wheels were $5 on clearance at Target if you can still find them. $45 overpriced, at least.

That was a Black Friday deal only.  That is like comparing ANY current PS4 deal to the Wal-Mart Cyber Monday deal of the PS slim 1 TB, RDR2 and an extra controller for $199 and calling it overpriced.  That Black Friday deal is gone for now and probably will not come back.

#77 chelosera91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

chelosera91

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:27 PM

Need deals on Switch games asap! Only got the Mario Kart that came w the console lol

#78 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3998 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

Need deals on Switch games asap! Only got the Mario Kart that came w the console lol

Best bet for first party stuff is to get on a b2g1 free sale. If you don't mind used Gamestop has them pretty frequently and a lot of older Switch games like Breath of the Wild are likely to be in used. 

#79 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14080 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:30 PM

That was a Black Friday deal only.  That is like comparing ANY current PS4 deal to the Wal-Mart Cyber Monday deal of the PS slim 1 TB, RDR2 and an extra controller for $199 and calling it overpriced.  That Black Friday deal is gone for now and probably will not come back.

OK, if you want to play that game Switch is frequently $40 off at google express, MK8 can be had for $50 almost daily ($48 straight up if you have GCU), and again the joy-con wheels have been clearanced to $5 at Target. Again, this is a shit deal.

#80 mike568   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   409 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:51 PM

When I got my Switch I was glad I had GCU still with that said I either buy on Google Express via Target, Walmart, or Best Buy and use the “new” customer promo codes floating around. Just heads no price matching on Google Express orders but you can return Target or Best Buy orders in store according to Google Express CSR. I had a friend just get a Switch for Super Smash Bros Ultimate and I have let him borrow a game at a time since Switch games are kinda expensive. Maybe ask a friend with a Switch to borrow a game. I personally don’t see a buy 2 get 1 free on Switch games this year since the Switch is selling pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#81 chelosera91   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1138 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

chelosera91

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

Best bet for first party stuff is to get on a b2g1 free sale. If you don't mind used Gamestop has them pretty frequently and a lot of older Switch games like Breath of the Wild are likely to be in used.

Yes I was thinking that. But games like Pokemon and Smash bros aren't available used yet. Would love to get those 2 and Mario Odyssey. But at this point GCU seems like the best option, and I have a few certificates laying around so thats good I guess!

#82 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:11 PM

OK, if you want to play that game Switch is frequently $40 off at google express, MK8 can be had for $50 almost daily ($48 straight up if you have GCU), and again the joy-con wheels have been clearanced to $5 at Target. Again, this is a shit deal.

It isn’t a “play that game” when trying to use a dead deal as a comparison.

If you want to use google express which gives 20% off, max $20 now making the switch $280, then use it as an example. Don’t try to use a BF deal that is dead. From what I can see, a lot of people have lost their GCU and I haven’t seen MK8 on sale a lot either. If you want to show someone where to get the deal at where they can save over Best Buy’s advertised price, awesome.

#83 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14080 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

If you want to show someone where to get the deal at where they can save over Best Buy’s advertised price, awesome.

The point is where there is a proven record for a better deal, moving on something that pales in comparison is a poor decision. Illuminating past deals to educate potential buyers will encourage them to wait for something better, which they're thankful for (myself included). And oh look, a Switch deal a million times better just popped up at Belk.

Defending bad deals just because it's available and ignoring past experience is stupid.

#84 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   608 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:11 PM

The point is where there is a proven record for a better deal, moving on something that pales in comparison is a poor decision. Illuminating past deals to educate potential buyers will encourage them to wait for something better, which they're thankful for (myself included). And oh look, a Switch deal a million times better just popped up at Belk.

Defending bad deals just because it's available and ignoring past experience is stupid.

There is a proven record for a better Switch deal only this BF to now so far, along with almost every Nintendo console deal I have ever seen being around a BF deal. I went to Belk’s website to check it out and the Switch is out of stock. Also, Belk isn’t a common store. I know as I don’t have one close by but have shopped at one.

Justifying BF deals as run of the mill deals and ignoring this from the past is stupid.

Every other Switch deal has basically been the cost of the console plus the stuff inside it. I bought the Pokémon bundle for someone. If I remember correctly, the Splatoon 2, Smash Brothers and Diablo bundles were the cost of Switch plus games included if not really close to it.

It is a decent deal, not the greatest. Have there been better? Yes. Outside of this BF to now? I haven’t seen any Switch deals outside of this BF to now. (I saw one with the Belk deal you mentioned, but it was gone quick.). I don’t know how people are supposed to rely on some random deal that rarely happens and will be some place people haven’t really heard about. Even on Reddit someone asked if Belk was a safe site.

This is why I bought two MK8 Switch bundles this holiday season (I got three Switch bundles actually, Pokemon bundle and 2 MK8). I know Nintendo hates to discount their hardware and software even the slightest bit.

The Pokémon bundle is the cost of the Switch plus the game package inside. The only added benefit was the decals. I couldn’t find an Eevee bundle, so I settled on an MK8 one.

This looks like a good deal for anyone in the UK, Switch with MK8 and Smash:

https://www.currys.c...8888&awid=78888

Another UK deal (MK8, Mario Odyssey and Smash):

https://www.currys.c...8888&awid=78888

Wal-Mart with Mario Tennis Aces and 1-2 Switch (1-2 Switch doesn't look like my thing, but some people may like it)

https://www.walmart....type=10&veh=aff

#85 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2310 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:47 PM

Since BB hasn't changed the GCU on 3DS games, I'm guessing that's the intended behavior. I hope they don't change it in-store. I'll find out tomorrow.

#86 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:41 PM

GCU was working today on both games. Picked up Luigi's Mansion and Warioware Gold.

#87 theflicker   Hurm. CAGiversary!   1739 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

theflicker

Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:40 AM

GCU was working today on both games. Picked up Luigi's Mansion and Warioware Gold.

Just picked up the same in store.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#88 Ekim000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:22 AM

Just picked up the same in store.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

What's the total in-store? For the second game, is GCU taking 20% of of $20 or off $40?

#89 fantomgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

fantomgamer

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:52 AM

First game 39.99 > 31.99.
Second game 39.99 > 31.99 > 15.99.

Hope this helps.

#90 Ekim000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 December 2018 - 05:40 AM

First game 39.99 > 31.99.
Second game 39.99 > 31.99 > 15.99.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Just wondering if there was any in-store glitch. I thought one of the 3DS sale a year or two ago, there was an in-store glitch where GCU was being taken off the original $40 for both.