* * * * - 4 votes

The Arcade1Up Tremendous Deals Thread

#1 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4661 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:47 PM

Having recently acquired a couple of tremendous Arcade1Up machines on sale at a local Walmart. Very tremendous. I thought we needed a dedicated Arcade1Up deals thread to keep track of deals. I know deals people, believe me.

These deals are very YMMV but it seems many, many Walmarts are clearing these out right now. Clearing them out. Brickseek links provided where available, check your local stores for price and availability. Brickseek is not 100% accurate though, as I said ... YMMV.

Asteroids, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander and Tempest - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $164.99 online

Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles - as low as $75 in store, very hard to find or $174.99 online

Final Fight, 1944, Ghosts'N Goblins, Strider - as low as $125 in store

Galaga, Galaxian - as low as $75 in store

Pacman, Pacman PLUS - as low as $150 in store

Rampage, Gauntlet, Joust, Defender - as low as $125 in store

Space Invaders - as low as $150 in store

Street Fighter ll Champion Edition, Street Fighter ll The New Challengers, Street Fighter ll Turbo - as low as $150 in store

Golden Tee - $398 at Walmart

Arcade1up Riser - $39.99 online or order for instore pickup

I myself picked up the Final Fight and Rampage machines for $125 each for the Oval Office in the White CatCondo.

#2 ShadowedAsh   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   501 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

ShadowedAsh

Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:49 PM

I’d be all over this. I saw one of these with Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3 that would jump at for around $200 but not for $300.

This would be amazing if I could find one this cheap.

#3 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4661 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:07 PM

I’d be all over this. I saw one of these with Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3 that would jump at for around $200 but not for $300.

This would be amazing if I could find one this cheap.

I haven't seen one near me discounted as yet but it's very possible they could be somewhere. The Final Fight cabs were released at the same time and are already on sale in some stores.

#4 padlok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:34 PM

I just want Space Invaders

#5 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1305 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:45 PM

I wanted one of these but I'd just mod it and the games I wanted are getting an official release.

I really want the turtles edition so bad, but I'm hesitant to pay retail when these have dropped so hard. But at the same time I'd cry if I missed it, so I'll prob pay full price like a chump. I love turtles so what choice do I have.

I'll do the same for the Simpsons if they do a cab for that.

#6 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:57 PM

But are they tremendous?

#7 GameRTR  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:02 AM

Thank you for posting this. I've been hoping for a while to catch a sale on Pacman. I'll keep my eyes on it 

#8 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   319 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:35 AM

Nice thread. May want to add:

Golden Tee Golf with riser and backlit marquee.
$399 at Costco (membership required)

Its not Walmart and it’s not a massive discount, but $100 off is something.

#9 kV Snake   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   68 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

kV Snake

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:29 AM

Not getting any of those prices to show except on Centipede. Which is the only I probably wouldn’t want. For 75 I’ll grab it and try to mod it though

#10 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   866 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:10 AM

Wow loads of the Tempest ones near me for $75. Maybe I’ll get one after all. I tried one at a store once and I thought the knob felt like garbage. Any opinions on it? Maybe that one was trashed..:

#11 Sielanas  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:30 AM

Do all of you have small children you want to have experience these games? So small and shoddy.

#12 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14503 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:52 AM

You have to buy the riser. Then you should also buy better quality buttons.

Here's a guide on how to mod them with games and make them actually playable: https://hackinformer...1000s-of-games/

#13 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4661 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:51 AM

Nice thread. May want to add:

Golden Tee Golf with riser and backlit marquee.
$399 at Costco (membership required)

Its not Walmart and it’s not a massive discount, but $100 off is something.

Added, thanks for posting

#14 Previously someTooL  

Previously someTooL

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:02 AM

Thanks OP. Been checking daily since picking up Asteroids and Centipede for $75 a few weeks back.

At $300, na I can’t pay that. But for $150 and below these are great additions to a game room...with risers.

Might be a generation thing, but these are exactly as I remember playing as a kid. Had a party last weekend and I couldn’t tear people away from these.

Wait, forget that, these suck and are not well made with terrible graphics. Don’t buy! Why would anyone want one of these. Don’t go looking for these....pretty please :)

#15 darkdaze73   Serious Fisherman CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 04:36 AM

Quite a few people have complained about the spinner knob. Some are purchasing this one off of Amazon as a replacement.

https://www.amazon.c...91FBI6SBK&psc=1

There are videos on YouTube that show where some are removing the spinner and filling the inside with a bunch of pennies to add weight to it. That's the route I took as I am not quite ready to drop $50 on a new spinner knob. Plus the fact that I have the 12-in-1 machine I would also have to purchase an interface board also.

Edit: meant to quote the last post on the previous page but it did not for some reason.

#16 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1747 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:45 AM

The knob is tempting, because with the interface board it can be used with PCs as well. Most people don't care, but I find the extreme precision of a dial to be essential when playing some arcade games, particularly the brick breakers. Plus they're just more fun that way, too.

#17 teh lurv  

teh lurv

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

Wow loads of the Tempest ones near me for $75. Maybe I’ll get one after all. I tried one at a store once and I thought the knob felt like garbage. Any opinions on it? Maybe that one was trashed..:

I bought a $75 Asteroids cabinet and the spinner is garbage right out of the box. I tried the mods that fill the spinner with pennies and adjust the spacing of the screw mounts. Those helped, but they doesn't make up for the fact the spinner is really a digital dial and won't free spin like a legitimate arcade spinner. The spinner isn't a problem if your plan is to use the cabinet as a base for a MAME machine, but if your intention is to play Tempest and Havoc out of the box, you're going to be disappointed.

The knob is tempting, because with the interface board it can be used with PCs as well. Most people don't care, but I find the extreme precision of a dial to be essential when playing some arcade games, particularly the brick breakers. Plus they're just more fun that way, too.

First thing I did when I snagged my cabinet was pre-order one of the GRS spinners. Fantastic upgrade and easily worth the extra $50. The v2 revision I received added DIP switches to adjust the spinner's pulse frequency and input latency for people who opt to use the spinner with MAME or emulators. 

Arcade1Up also added to their official parts store an updated version of the spinner (IIRC it was about $30 shipped, it's sold out now): https://arcade1up.co...teroids-spinner

From what I read the spinner is a ball-bearing spinner, but still uses plastic construction. I'd still recommend spending the extra $20 for the GRS spinner.

============

FYI for anyone buying one of the 2018 year cabinets that don't include a deck protector: Hold onto your receipt, call Arcade1Up customer support, and request a deck protector and replacement artwork. The control panel artwork on those cabinets will deteriorate with use and the company is still honoring (as of two weeks ago when I called myself) free protectors provided you can provide a recent proof of purchase.

#18 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:03 PM

Target is clearing these out as well for $175.

#19 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6289 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 02:36 PM

im looking forward for the TMNT cabinet with 4 controls. im hoping they do that with Xmen and Simpsons soon.

#20 PAULINK   Woah, I can edit this? CAGiversary!   411 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:02 PM

Will bite at the SF one for $150. Then I gotta do a little extra work to mod the buttons and stick.

#21 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14489 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:16 PM

Almost all of the SF cabinets in STL are still full price. Sigh.

#22 PanchoZer0   Epic Level Gamer CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

PanchoZer0

Posted 22 June 2019 - 06:20 PM

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=593950880

Brickseek link for the final fight/strider/1944/ghosts n goblins unit.

#23 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12519 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:25 PM

The only ones near me that are under $299 are the Centipede and Asteroids machines ($75 each).  Still, great deal.

#24 Pig   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:48 PM

Would it be worth it for mod purposes if you could only get access to Asteroids and Centipede? I'd probably eventually get a joystick and have to replace the control panel. Thoughts?

#25 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   319 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:04 PM

Would it be worth it for mod purposes if you could only get access to Asteroids and Centipede? I'd probably eventually get a joystick and have to replace the control panel. Thoughts?

Yes if $75. Even more so if you already have a raspberry pi laying around.

#26 alphaomegacode   Worst Gamer Ever!! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

alphaomegacode

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:40 PM

Wondering this as well. Which is the best unit to purchase and mod with a PI, that has the best functionality? The Street Fighter Cab, maybe the Rampage cab?

Suggestions?

#27 mink-e   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

I picked up the SF cab earlier this year for $200 and found it to be the most versatile for a Mame cab as it's already got 7 button holes for each player. I essentially did the ETA Prime hack and drilled 2 extra holes in the front panel as quarter switches and it's fantastic. The button swap out was shockingly easy and I've been having a blast with it since.

It makes playing quarter muchers like X-men and TMNT on a regular basis a bit easier to swallow.

#28 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4661 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:13 PM

Tremendous, I even asked Russia to find the link for me but they couldn't find it either. SAD! #definitelynocollusion

#29 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3461 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:16 PM

Tremendous, I even asked Russia to find the link for me but they couldn't find it either. SAD! #definitelynocollusion

You haven't told us to "trust you" once OR talked about how hot your own daughter is, so...

this feels like fake news, to me.

#30 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4007 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:05 AM

Thank you so much for the link. This one and Mortal Kombat 2 are the ones I want when they go on clearance even though I still can't figure out how to make room for any of these machines.