* * * * - 6 votes

The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

#3811 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2022 - 05:08 AM

My walmart has all of the arcade 1ups on sale. I got Simpsons for $199!!!  Simpsons isn't working on Brickseek for any zip code I put in, so I can't tell if it's just my store.

Mortal Combat $199, Pacman with 12 games $149, Ms Pac Man 40th 12 games no riser $199, Ms Pacman 4 games with riser $198.

One of the Ms Pacman ones has been $200 for a while, but I can't remember which one now. The rest of them weren't on sale the last time I checked--I think earlier this week.

#3812 teh lurv  

teh lurv

Posted 18 April 2022 - 03:22 PM

Pacman stool? I can only imagine what's in that.

I bought one off HSN back when it was on sale for $40 and I'd say $30-40 is about the price these stools are worth. Non-swivel stools with padding that gives too easily leaving you sitting on a hard surface. Only good thing I can say is they look nice paired with the cabinets. 

#3813 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 April 2022 - 07:26 PM

My walmart has all of the arcade 1ups on sale. I got Simpsons for $199!!! Simpsons isn't working on Brickseek for any zip code I put in, so I can't tell if it's just my store.

Mortal Combat $199, Pacman with 12 games $149, Ms Pac Man 40th 12 games no riser $199, Ms Pacman 4 games with riser $198.

One of the Ms Pacman ones has been $200 for a while, but I can't remember which one now. The rest of them weren't on sale the last time I checked--I think earlier this week.

Over the weekend I was pleasantly surprised to see my local Walmart had The Simpsons, Mortal Kombat Legacy 12-in-1, and the Pac Man 12-in-1 for the same prices you saw. I was never expecting to see The Simpsons cab for that low, so I couldn’t resist it! It’ll look great next to my TMNT cab!

Now if I could just find a NBA Jam cab for that price or less, I would have all the cabinets from Arcade1Up I’d ever be interested in!

#3814 MinDRioT   slipping through the cracks of a stolen jewel CAGiversary!   5029 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2022 - 01:31 AM

Here's Brickseek links for possible A1Up deals at your local Walmart ...

Simpsons https://brickseek.co.../?sku=620999169

Pac-man 12 in 1 Legacy https://brickseek.co.../?sku=346668253

Mortal Kombat 12 in 1 Legacy https://brickseek.co...r?sku=994999671

Ms. Pac-Man 40th Anniversary https://brickseek.co.../?sku=139074403

Ms. Pac-Man Partycade https://brickseek.co.../?sku=270208540

NBA Jam https://brickseek.co...r?sku=664728270

#3815 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1972 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2022 - 03:18 AM

Pacman stool? I can only imagine what's in that.

You know, half-digested energizers, cherries with the stems still attached, bells and keys...

(Those last ones are hard to pass.)

#3816 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2022 - 10:51 AM

Here's Brickseek links for possible A1Up deals at your local Walmart ...

Ms. Pac-Man Partycade https://brickseek.co.../?sku=270208540

The other Ms Pac-Man for $200 wasn't a Partycade but a full size one without the riser. It was like this one without the riser:

https://brickseek.co...r?sku=880297531

#3817 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3883 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2022 - 01:37 PM

My walmart has all of the arcade 1ups on sale. I got Simpsons for $199!!!  Simpsons isn't working on Brickseek for any zip code I put in, so I can't tell if it's just my store.

Similar story.  Found Simpsons for $200 at my local Walmart, brickseek showed it as out of stock but price was right.  One other walmart in the area showed having "limited stock" Saturday then out of stock on Sunday.  2 other stores show it in stock at full price.  Couldn't help it and wound up picking up Simpsons as my first Arcade 1up. 

#3818 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   4263 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2022 - 01:41 PM

Brickseek is showing one store (30 miles away) with one... but I wouldn't want it just for that and would want to mod it to run other games.  

I was looking at Reddit last night to see how easily it could be done, but couldn't find a ton of info for that particular cabinet.  

Anyone here have experience with that?  

#3819 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2850 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 April 2022 - 01:58 PM

The new prices seem to all be pretty consistent as I'm not seeing anything crazy like sub-$100.  I don't have any more room, but 'll find some for a Pac-Anything at $75.

#3820 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2411 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 20 April 2022 - 12:08 AM

Brickseek is showing one store (30 miles away) with one... but I wouldn't want it just for that and would want to mod it to run other games.  

I was looking at Reddit last night to see how easily it could be done, but couldn't find a ton of info for that particular cabinet.  

Anyone here have experience with that?  

I haven't modded that specific one, but the mod process tends to be nearly identical for every Arcade1Up.  The only differences between them are:

1. different Arcade1Up models have different monitor models.  Because of this, the specific LCD controller board (something like this -- its purpose is to allow you to use an HDMI cable) that you need will vary depending on which monitor your Arcade1Up comes with.

2. in the Simpsons case, they have a trackball on it.  I'm not sure how that works.. I'd assume it's pretty much just an analog stick on a technical level, in which case you'd mod it the same way you'd mod the other players' buttons, but I could be wrong.  If you don't want to use the trackball at all, then it's whatever, no need to worry about this part.

3. the number of zero-lag USB encoders you need, which depends on how many players the Arcade1Up supports (4 in the Simpsons case).

So, part-wise, you're looking at...

1. the LCD controller board.  Don't order this until you have the Arcade1Up in hand, because you need to make sure you get the right version by looking at the monitor's serial number directly.

2. zero-lag USB encoders (example - this one comes with two of them).  You need one for each player, and maybe one for the trackball, so that's 4 or 5.

3. (optional) new buttons.  Arcade1Up's tends to be somewhat low quality, so most people replace them.

4. (optional) speakers, since the monitor's speakers aren't very good.  And FWIW, I had trouble getting the monitor's speakers to work in my mod personally; installing a regular set of PC speakers via an aux cable was easier to get working.

5. a Raspberry Pi or PC to hook it up to

#3821 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   4263 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2022 - 01:45 AM

Thanks for all of this info.  I didn't get a chance to leave the house today, so maybe I'll make a run tomorrow to see if they have the cabinet there.  

Thanks again!

#3822 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2362 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 20 April 2022 - 02:20 PM

2. in the Simpsons case, they have a trackball on it.  I'm not sure how that works.. I'd assume it's pretty much just an analog stick on a technical level, in which case you'd mod it the same way you'd mod the other players' buttons, but I could be wrong.  If you don't want to use the trackball at all, then it's whatever, no need to worry about this part.

I would think a trackball wouldn't be straight forward.  Trackballs don't have edge limits like an analog stick.  I'm pretty sure it requires some coding to translate movement of a stick into direction and velocity for a trackball - ie moving a stick halfway to the left equals rolling the ball continuously to the left at half the max detectable speed.  It's an easy translation when the trackball controls a pointer like a mouse that has the edges of the screen, but not so easy when it is used to detect speed and direction for something like bowling/golf/marble/etc.

#3823 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2022 - 02:40 PM

If converting a cab to retropi... the raspberry pi has a 40pin gpio with 26 pins as inputs.  You can thus wire 26 buttons directly to the board without needing the converters.  It's 3 pins short of being able to do every button (sticks are 4 buttons) on the simpsons cab... but you might be able to group all of the player start buttons as one input which would just make it work (no trackball though) with no encoders needed.  Or gpio players 2, 3 & 4 and use a single zero lag usb encoder for player 1 so you can mount some extra buttons for pinball... etc.   You'll have to map the gpio buttons by editing a simple file... but, once setup it should work well.   Not sure about the trackball, it's an analog input device where as everything else is digital so it will need something different to convert it to a usb mouse.   Yes, you could just go all zero lag usb encoders... it's not that much more money... but you'll also be eating up more USB's and may need a usb hub since you'll want at least two usb free for the occasional keyboard as well as loading more games (if going retropi, even if you plan to store them on microsd).  This is possibly less of an issue with a pc unless it's an old laptop with limited usb inputs.   Just food for thought.

#3824 Samunoske   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2022 - 04:44 PM

For May 4th arcade up is selling their Star Wars pinball for $420 with free shipping in the continental U.S.

Total with tax in MI was $445.20.

Lowest new price I've seen so far!

https://arcade1up.co...AiAAEgKRL_D_BwE

#3825 avatar94   CAG Addict CAGiversary!   693 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2022 - 11:08 PM

For May 4th arcade up is selling their Star Wars pinball for $420 with free shipping in the continental U.S.

Total with tax in MI was $445.20.

Lowest new price I've seen so far!

https://arcade1up.co...AiAAEgKRL_D_BwE

Oh wow... kinda glad it was sold out by the time I saw this because I might have jumped on it and my wife would have KILLED me. I already started a fight once when I snuck in the Arcade1Up Star Wars arcade cab next to my Legends Ultimate (which I told her was the only cabinet I'd ever need) so pinball probably would have been grounds for divorce.

#3826 Shiftygism   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   662 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2022 - 12:08 AM

My Walmart got rid of their arcade section to expand its collectibles shelf. Hope that means we'll get a bunch of Neca stuff. All we've had for most of the last year or so were Doc Browns, Alien figs, and the occasional movie monster. 

#3827 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11669 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2022 - 02:11 AM

One of our stores has the Simpsons A1UP for $250, I'm resisting the urge SO badly

#3828 Kingrodedog   Wants to watch the world burn... CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Kingrodedog

Posted 12 May 2022 - 02:33 AM

One of our stores has the Simpsons A1UP for $250, I'm resisting the urge SO badly

Get it or you're gonna regret it!

I passed on it at $200 and an easy hour drive (one way) just to babysit 4 of them 20min away at $300, hoping they would drop.

Now, all of them are gone and I am bummed.

#3829 wratih9   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2022 - 12:06 AM

Not a huge discount but Sam’s Club has the Legends Pinball for $599.99 which I’m contemplating on picking up.

I picked up the MKII Legacy Cabinet and Ms Pac-Man cabinets for $199.99 a piece which I’m fine with just having those. Of course if I seen the Ninja Turtles one I might bit on that for $200.

#3830 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2022 - 05:02 PM

Not a huge discount but Sam’s Club has the Legends Pinball for $599.99 which I’m contemplating on picking up.

I picked up the MKII Legacy Cabinet and Ms Pac-Man cabinets for $199.99 a piece which I’m fine with just having those. Of course if I seen the Ninja Turtles one I might bit on that for $200.

I really like my legends pinball machine and am happy with the purchase back during a previous owners day sale.

#3831 byebye.man  

byebye.man

Posted 09 June 2022 - 02:00 AM

My Walmart got rid of their arcade section to expand its collectibles shelf. Hope that means we'll get a bunch of Neca stuff. All we've had for most of the last year or so were Doc Browns, Alien figs, and the occasional movie monster.

The Walmarts around me in SoCal also cleared them out. I don’t think they will carry them again, so I’m happy I picked up some clearance machines to fill out my collection. I can’t see Walmart stocking them anymore due partially to the increased price Arcade 1up is charging. I’ve noticed sales of the Arcade 1up machines have slowed down a lot on the secondary market too.

I think the main issue is market saturation. A lot of people i know just don’t have anymore room and it’s not worth the price to pick up a new machine so most people i know are just sticking to what they have.

#3832 Captain Wrong   Dirty Commie CAGiversary!   821 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Captain Wrong

Posted 09 June 2022 - 01:03 PM

I think the main issue is market saturation. A lot of people i know just don’t have anymore room and it’s not worth the price to pick up a new machine so most people i know are just sticking to what they have.

I have to feel this way too. The market is getting very crowded and it's a really niche market to begin with. These things take up a lot of room and aren't exactly cheap. I can't help but feel the people who would buy a home arcade cab have done so and only a small number of people have the room, money or desire to own multiples. I have an @games cab and pinball and they take up a ton of room and hell, that's almost a grand right there. I'd be interested in a light gun or driving cab, but I don't really have the room and I certainly don't have the money (plus I'd need more than one or two games on it to justify the purchase.) However, I consider myself the kind of person who is looking for an excuse to buy another can but I just can't find one. And if I can't, I'm sure many owners aren't even considering it.

Of course, we'll know the market is crashing when these start showing up at Goodwill.

#3833 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 09 June 2022 - 01:37 PM

Of course, we'll know the market is crashing when these start showing up at Goodwill.

This does feel like a more expensive version of plastic music video game instruments from 10+ years ago.

#3834 Nesmaniac   8 bit heaven CAGiversary!   1404 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Nesmaniac

Posted 09 June 2022 - 05:02 PM

I got the Ms. Pacman 12 in 1 40th anniversary at my local walmart couple of months back for $199.99 and got the riser for $44.99 and man couldn't be happier with it. I notice they don't have any now so glad I got one I'm just amazed by the quality. I've built mini arcade machines before but no way to make one compare to these. I like how it saves hi scores as well because I unplug mine when not in use.

#3835 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13631 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2022 - 06:20 PM

Same thing happened at my local Walmart in PA.  I'm guessing they may be done with these, as well as us being done with the deep Arcade 1up discounts.

#3836 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   1151 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2022 - 03:12 PM

Same at my Walmart! They had a handful of cabs on clearance for a couple months, along with some risers at full price. Now, all of it is gone!

#3837 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 10 June 2022 - 03:17 PM

My walmart had the MK 12 in 1 and the Simpsons for $199 each and I really thought about it and went home.  Middle of the next week it was all gone. :/

#3838 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4121 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2022 - 08:14 PM

It's possible walmart will bring the cabs back out during christmas shopping season along with trampolines and other larger items.  It never made much sense (IMO) that they tried to sell these year round with how they mainly just sat around until they were clearanced off.

#3839 MinDRioT   slipping through the cracks of a stolen jewel CAGiversary!   5029 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2022 - 10:48 PM

Capcom Arcade Stadium:STREET FIGHTER II - The World Warrior and Capcom Arcade Stadium is free on Steam for June

#3840 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3850 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 19 June 2022 - 04:02 PM

LOL. The Simpsons is still $399 in my neck of the woods (according to Brickseek).

Seems like this would be a good cab for converting to Retro Pi, no? I think that's why I'd be interested.