* * * * - 6 votes

The Home Arcade Tremendous Deals and Discussion Thread

#2131 darock738   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:37 PM

Hey folks, just wandering if anyone has heard any news on the Legends Gamer? I did that preorder ticket thing from Atgames back in Feb but haven't heard anything since. 

#2132 AMillsy   Central Michigan CAG CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 08:38 PM

Is it a pinball table or PinUp cabinet? (The link doesn't work). Did they mention if it will support usb add-on games like the legends ultimate?

I'm all about space saving and would vastly prefer a vertical, slim depth profile PinUp cabinet for pinball, vertical shmups, and arcade classics.

Fixed the link. Sorry about that. The video just has a specs sheet. Looks like it’ll be an actual pinball table but not full size. The specs list having a physical plunger. From the sounds of it, it’ll likely be very much like the Legends Ultimate - so not quite full-size, but larger than 1Up, with the ability to either do USB connection or stream to it.

AtGames “leaked” the info to some select YouTube people so it’s legit. I love my Legends Ultimate, so I’d definitely be game for something like this.

#2133 AMillsy   Central Michigan CAG CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:02 PM

Hey folks, just wandering if anyone has heard any news on the Legends Gamer? I did that preorder ticket thing from Atgames back in Feb but haven't heard anything since. 

They haven't posted anything about it on Facebook since early April, but their website still says it's a mid-June release. They're currently running a multi-week gaming contest for current Legends Ultimate with the top prizes being a Legends Ultimate Arcade and a Legends Gamer Standard - so, you'd think since they're planning to give one away as a prize that they'd have them in stock at least close to their estimated release date, right?

#2134 gepet0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1397 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:15 PM

How are the pi4 images working out?  anyone see any performance improvements?

#2135 warux2  

Posted 09 June 2020 - 09:36 PM

Walmart "AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade" pre-order seems to be back on.  Releasing.  GameStop also still taking preorders.  I am guessing there will be a big batch of them to all stores mid-June-ish.

#2136 MobileFrank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

MobileFrank

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:48 AM

I built Arcade1ups 3, 4, and 5 last weekend. Currently I have
Modded Asteroids
Mortal Kombat
Marvel Super Heros
Space Invaders
And
Star Wars.

Assuming they don't butcher The rosters, I'm planning on getting NBA Jam. Would love to see a driving cab shown tomorrow.

#2137 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2723 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:51 PM

What's the screen size on the legends ultimate?  Looks small in the pics...especially for vertical screen games like galaga.

#2138 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4416 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 10 June 2020 - 12:56 PM

What's the screen size on the legends ultimate?  Looks small in the picks...especially for vertical screen games like galaga.

The size of the LCD is 23.8″

#2139 darock738   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   123 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:26 PM

Their ears must have been burning because I just got an email stating the following:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your reservation towards a Legends Gamer. We have great news! The Legends Gamer will be shipping out to everyone on our reservation list by the first week in August. We will send out an email towards the end of July for all reservation holders to complete payment. Even better news, for everyone who placed a reservation for the Gamer, you'll automatically be upgraded to the Gamer Pro at no extra cost! 

The Gamer Pro has the same great features as the Gamer, but adds a built-in arcade-quality trackball! That's an additional $50 value. It's our way of saying thank you for your patience and continued support. And, as an even bigger way of saying thanks for your early support of the Gamer, we'll be providing 10 free hours of BYOG time, as well as a coupon code for 70% off Pinball Arcade by FarSight Studios on Steam via Direct2Drive (D2D). 

Happy gaming!

#2140 AMillsy   Central Michigan CAG CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:30 PM

More AtGames "leaks" today (if you can call it a leak since AtGames gave the info out on purpose)...

• Light gun kit ($100)
  • Racing wheel kit ($100)
  • Cabinet Skins ($100)
  • LCD Marquee ($200)
  • Pinball kit ($100)
  • Trackball kit ($100) - for use on the standard AtGames Legends Gamer

Pre-orders open on August 1. No specific details on exactly what each of these items include.

Video from PDubs Arcade Loft announcing the details that came directly from AtGames:

#2141 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1094 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:20 PM

I will be curious to see what they do with the light gun since these don't use CRTs.

If it's like the Aimtrak then it will be garbage just like the Aimtrak.  Those are laggy and you literally can't move once you calibrate it or your aim will be off, so they are not very accurate either.  

But I'm wondering if it will be something like those Sinden Guns where I believe there is a camera that tracks where you are aiming and it's much more accurate basically like a normal light gun on CRT.  I've never used one but that was the idea behind them and I'm not sure if they are even shipping yet.

#2142 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2544 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:06 AM

Here are the announcement trailers for the new cabinets.

#2143 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2573 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:00 AM

oof fake pinball, was hoping for the real deal just mini. I also already own all those zen pinball/fx pinball on psn.

#2144 NothingCreative   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   60 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

NothingCreative

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:16 AM

These haven’t caught my interest enough to bite yet, but I’m fucking all in on X-Men vs. Street Fighter.

#2145 Tyf   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   47 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:23 AM

That Ms. PacMan is gorgeous.

That LCD Marquee for $200 is a big deal.  When I was pricing out Marquee LCDs a few years ago, they would need to be custom ordered for ~$600-$800.  

#2146 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:00 PM

The light gun kit will probably be like the light gun mods that are already out there and use IR.  People already have had light guns working with the ALU.  The bonus here is the guns are wireless and rechargeable.  Hopefully they give some kind of bracket holster to have it on the side of the cabinet.   The light up marque sounds awesome.  Hopefully it's an edge to edge display or the bezel is super thin so the whole thing can have the marque for whatever game is playing.

I'd be curious what the racing wheel and pinball kits actually comprise of... and how they mount to the system.

#2147 Spring Roll  

Spring Roll

Posted 11 June 2020 - 02:04 PM

Ms. Pac Man is BEAUTIFUL! My grandmother is a huge fan, may have to buy it as a Mother's Day gift for 2021 (still a CAGer LOL) 

I agree with what someone else said, all of these cabs look awesome but nothing has quite made me grab my wallet yet. Second they announce a Simpons arcade cab it's a full retail purchase. 

#2148 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   728 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:10 PM

Ms. Pac-Man was probably my most wanted.  It does look great (and that is my #1 reason for purchasing these - how they look). 

I really don't care in the case of Ms. Pac-Man, but the duplication of games across these newly announced cabs is disappointing.  It's ridiculous that if someone cared about a "complete" set of their Marvel games they need three separate cabs, with each really having one unique game.   Although, maybe they just see these as a "bonus" to each cab since I think it's the first time Arcade1Up included a console game.   Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I  think "War of the Gems" and "Mutant Apocalypse" are exclusively SNES games.  

While I want the Marvel Vs. Capcom cab, it then seems silly to allow this Marvel Super Heroes cab to take up space in my game room solely for "The Punisher" (even though that's my favorite game in that cab).  

#2149 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1591 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:35 PM

X-Men vs Street Fighter woooo. Crazy that they can get theses games but Capcom won’t put them on new consoles.

Need a Street Fighter Alpha cab and a Marvel vs Capcom 2 cap.

#2150 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:37 PM

I will be curious to see what they do with the light gun since these don't use CRTs.

If it's like the Aimtrak then it will be garbage just like the Aimtrak.  Those are laggy and you literally can't move once you calibrate it or your aim will be off, so they are not very accurate either.  

But I'm wondering if it will be something like those Sinden Guns where I believe there is a camera that tracks where you are aiming and it's much more accurate basically like a normal light gun on CRT.  I've never used one but that was the idea behind them and I'm not sure if they are even shipping yet.

I'm excited for the sinden light gun, assuming it delivers. I used to love using my ACT Labs light guns (the james bond looking pistols) with mame on my old tube tv.

I watched the above posted Big Buck Hunter video and there are crosshairs on the screen that move like a wii mote so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

#2151 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3424 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:48 PM

Walmart "AtGames Legends Ultimate Home Arcade" pre-order seems to be back on. Releasing. GameStop also still taking preorders. I am guessing there will be a big batch of them to all stores mid-June-ish.

Is the Atgames Legends arcade exactly the same at Walmart as it is in Sam’s Club?

#2152 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1094 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:20 PM

I'm excited for the sinden light gun, assuming it delivers. I used to love using my ACT Labs light guns (the james bond looking pistols) with mame on my old tube tv.

I watched the above posted Big Buck Hunter video and there are crosshairs on the screen that move like a wii mote so I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Yeah I just saw the trailer and it is disappointing.  Definitely just an IR thing.  

#2153 warux2  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:09 PM

Is the Atgames Legends arcade exactly the same at Walmart as it is in Sam’s Club?

I hear the Sam's version of the arcade is the same, but cheaper (if you already have membership), and also comes with additional games on USB.  

#2154 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   938 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:26 PM

They might be the same now, but iirc originally the sams version had a wooden control panel (versus plastic), slightly larger, included a blast dongle, and was $100 ($150 in my case) cheaper.

I think they all might be the walmart version nowadays.

#2155 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:06 PM

Ms. Pac-Man was probably my most wanted. It does look great (and that is my #1 reason for purchasing these - how they look).

I really don't care in the case of Ms. Pac-Man, but the duplication of games across these newly announced cabs is disappointing. It's ridiculous that if someone cared about a "complete" set of their Marvel games they need three separate cabs, with each really having one unique game. Although, maybe they just see these as a "bonus" to each cab since I think it's the first time Arcade1Up included a console game. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think "War of the Gems" and "Mutant Apocalypse" are exclusively SNES games.

While I want the Marvel Vs. Capcom cab, it then seems silly to allow this Marvel Super Heroes cab to take up space in my game room solely for "The Punisher" (even though that's my favorite game in that cab).

Makes your MSH cabinet the leading candidate for a RPI mod (especially since it has the coolest artwork).

Complete agree though. Most confusing game bundling decision ever - I'm still not even exactly sure which games are on which. I've seen like 3 different variants.

#2156 slamoco   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   211 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 09:41 PM

Big Buck Hunter will have Sinden Tech.
https://amp.reddit.c...n_lcd_lightgun/

#2157 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1094 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:11 PM

Big Buck Hunter will have Sinden Tech.
https://amp.reddit.c...n_lcd_lightgun/

Wow that is awesome.  

I know that a lot of the light gun games aren't emulated very well on MAME though so I wonder how that will come into play with future light gun games.

I have a Maximum Force cabinet now and a bunch of actual arcade PCBs in it but I'm running out of room in there.  I could see myself at one point down the road just converting it into a MAME cabinet if a lot of these light gun games actually end up working properly and/or the Sinden tech is as good as actual light guns.  One downside to the cabinet I have is that I can't pay games like HOTD because they use different tech.  It would be awesome to have one cabinet with literally all light gun games in there, or almost all of them.  

#2158 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11569 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 04:13 AM

Ugh I really have to resist the urge on that Marvel Vs Capcom cab, especially since the main reason I modded mine was for 2. Though if they do 2, Capcom vs SNK, or Street Fighter 3rd Strike I'm gonna preorder instantly.

Still been trying to track down a clearanced TMNT cab but no luck

#2159 kwick7   CAG Lurking Veteran CAGiversary!   894 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:04 PM

I have zero interest in any of these, which is great news for my wallet and lack of space. I like what they are doing with pinball but would be far more interested in the Star Wars one- plus I’m almost finished building my own virtual pinball table.

The best news I’ve heard so far was during an interview with retro Ralph- they are still working on a golden tee/silver strike bowling cabinet. That’s a day one instant purchase for me.

#2160 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3630 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:00 PM

There's info out there on the at games legends pinball machine.  Looks like solid specs.  32" main monitor with 1" bezel.  14" monitor (I think) on the back glass for extra stuff.  BYOG with usb built in and all the typical at games stuff.  Sounds like they are trying to do for pinball what they did for home arcade stuff... a one stop box.  Farsight studios is handling the software and built in tables.  It's compatible in BYOG with all the other main pinball software packages out there.  Overall... kind of tempting.  I think it's $600.  pdubs arcade on youtube has videos about it... though it's just specs so far, I think.