* * * * - 14 votes

Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

#121 Nine Lives   Making Kawaii Lolis sweat CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Nine Lives

Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:23 AM

Now the hardest part is do I get everything Friday or do I hold out until Monday hoping most of the deals are the same and get to use my GCU 🤔

#122 happydogs   Razor barrel. CAGiversary!   533 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

happydogs

Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:27 AM

Y'all can laugh at me, but i'm hoping someone drops Playstation Classic down to $20 again.  I nabbed one in July for myself, and have recently been having fun ripping games from my library and loading them onto it to play without putting wear on my 20 year old, cherry PSX.  Now i'd like to pick up another one, customize it a little bit, and gift it to my sister and her new husband, who play games together but weren't into the Playstation era (i owned the Playstation in my house as a teenager, bought with my own money and shared with no one).

#123 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 08 November 2019 - 02:46 AM

I think you have it wrong. I've had this game in my sights since the first reveal, but all the previews so far say that they are surprised by how good it actually is. It's almost like Star Wars : Sekiro-lite (Sekiro is my GOTY so far) and it has that metroidvania exploration aspect as well. This game is gonna surprise a lot of people, and I hope it sells a ton.

You should be right Omni99. The game is being made by good developers and “if” (and it’s a huge IF) EA stays out of it with the micro transactions like they said they would it should be really good.

#124 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3591 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:05 AM

I'm surprised Nintendo's ring fit adventure isn't heavily discounted everywhere

#125 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1767 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:17 AM

Kind of disappointed Outer Worlds hasn’t been listed anywhere yet.

#126 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:34 AM

This is just a preview, more games could pop up later when the ads are finalized.

#127 Silver Phoenix   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Silver Phoenix

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:16 AM

I want to see Ni no Kuni Remastered on PS4 for $20 before I'm likely to buy. I'd also like DMCV Deluxe for $20 since the regular version is $15.

#128 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15018 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:55 AM

I think you have it wrong. I've had this game in my sights since the first reveal, but all the previews so far say that they are surprised by how good it actually is. It's almost like Star Wars : Sekiro-lite (Sekiro is my GOTY so far) and it has that metroidvania exploration aspect as well. This game is gonna surprise a lot of people, and I hope it sells a ton.

I hope I'm wrong, but the reveal for the game this year at E3 was ROUGH. Either the person playing was doing a great job at slow pacing and boring combat, or the game was still too rough to be shown. It instantly dropped off my radar since then, but I'm still curious how it turns out.

BTW, does the Target BF preview start in like 5 minutes? They still say "tomorrow" on the splash page.

#129 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:32 AM

I hope I'm wrong, but the reveal for the game this year at E3 was ROUGH. Either the person playing was doing a great job at slow pacing and boring combat, or the game was still too rough to be shown. It instantly dropped off my radar since then, but I'm still curious how it turns out.

BTW, does the Target BF preview start in like 5 minutes? They still say "tomorrow" on the splash page.

I reckon it starts at 2am east time, so in about 28 minutes.

#130 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2022 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:35 AM

I reckon it starts at 2am east time, so in about 28 minutes.

Target rolls over at 3 AM EST, so add an hour to that.

#131 Noshow21  

Noshow21

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:27 AM

Started at 3:20 eastern time but there are no videogame deals at all. Disappointing but I kind of expected this.

#132 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:54 AM

I dunno if I even wanna pull the trigger early on BB stuff. They always have their early access sales, then black Friday.. but then on Cyber Monday a lot of the games are even cheaper. I feel like in the past Walmart has beaten a lot of other game deals by at least $5.

#133 Sielanas  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:11 AM

Control is the only game I'm debating, a few 4k movies, honestly I'm waiting on a sound bar to drop and some smart bulbs. Lots of robot vacuums on sale, glad I got mine last year.

#134 thegoodshepherd   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

thegoodshepherd

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:21 AM

Is it to early to mention the the spreadsheet of retailers, someone usually posts a comparison of all the deals _ easy to follow _ might need more ads to come out

#135 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3139 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:29 AM

Is it to early to mention the the spreadsheet of retailers, someone usually posts a comparison of all the deals _ easy to follow _ might need more ads to come out

People have been mentioning it for over a week so I guess not.

#136 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   689 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 08 November 2019 - 12:58 PM

Walmart released their Black Friday Ad Nov 8th last year so maybe will see something from them today or at least in the next day or two.

#137 Zantra  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:13 PM

Walmart released their Black Friday Ad Nov 8th last year so maybe will see something from them today or at least in the next day or two.

Black Friday was also earlier in the month last year. This year, it isn't until the end of November. So, if they really wanted to, they could wait until next week to release it.

#138 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4436 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:19 PM

Control is the only game I'm debating, a few 4k movies, honestly I'm waiting on a sound bar to drop and some smart bulbs. Lots of robot vacuums on sale, glad I got mine last year.

Control is a great game, I'd say it's Remedy's best work so far. 

#139 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:24 PM

RE2 is a definite yes. I'd buy Control, DQB2, and RDR2 if they were the same price. Guess I'll just wait til they're cheaper.

#140 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3139 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:25 PM

Control is a great game, I'd say it's Remedy's best work so far.

Yup. I wasn't a Remedy fan before Control but Control is amazing.

#141 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:33 PM

Come on Walmart, nothing screams door buster like astral chain and three houses

#142 Sielanas  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:47 PM

Yup. I wasn't a Remedy fan before Control but Control is amazing.

Max Payne 1+2 is their peak for me, I can see the throughline.

#143 VoltaicOwl  

VoltaicOwl

Posted 08 November 2019 - 03:49 PM

Come on Walmart, nothing screams door buster like astral chain and three houses

And MHGU for $10!   :D

#144 guitarguy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

guitarguy

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:23 PM

Maybe this is better served in this thread...

Best Buy has a bunch of their SDXC cards on sale...what's the best price performance option for a Switch? This one for 256GB? Is there an difference in performance on the Sandisk "EXTREME PLUS" vs. "ULTRA PLUS" if only using for a Switch...I think that maxes out at 100mb/s?

Full List:

#145 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2790 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:23 PM

I'm surprised Nintendo's ring fit adventure isn't heavily discounted everywhere

They know it's going to do fine without a price drop just like the console. It's only been 3 weeks and it has sold out and been restocked multiple times at my store.

#146 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:27 PM

Dangit, I had to go and put Spider-Man, DQB2, and Mario Tennis Aces on my Christmas list.  Now some family member will spend full price instead of these sale prices.  I realize it's not my money, but it still bugs me.

Dude. I know this feeling. I've actually returned items and gave my parents the different in the past.

#147 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:35 PM

Wishlist:

- Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Astral Chain

- Death Stranding

- AI: The Somnium Files (For under $30)

- Tales of Vesperia (For under $15)

Otherwise I might just focus on playing the games I bought in 2017/2018

#148 Meko  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:40 PM

I’m still waiting for other ads to drop, but does anyone know if the Jedi fallen order will have some sort of price change? I didn’t notice. Figure I ask

#149 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3139 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:27 PM

I’m still waiting for other ads to drop, but does anyone know if the Jedi fallen order will have some sort of price change? I didn’t notice. Figure I ask

It hasn't even come out

#150 govols7089   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

govols7089

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:48 PM

Where's the Walmart ad?!