Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

Will the spreadsheet be linked in this thread ?
Really have enjoyed it in the past.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Hoping somewhere has Outer Worlds for 30$ doubt it but praying to lord baby jesus
I have it on GPU but haven't gotten around to it yet. All the praise and reviews it's getting makes me want to just buy it on PS4 instead and support the game. Hoping for a sale also!

Now comes the time where I have to resist buying games that are already on my Christmas list.  It never seems to get any easier, year after year.

Now comes the time where I have to resist buying games that are already on my Christmas list. It never seems to get any easier, year after year.
My better half has this exact complaint about me lol. I'm too much a bargain hunter to give up the thrill of the hunt and it lands me in trouble when she can't find things to give for Christmas. xD

My better half has this exact complaint about me lol. I'm too much a bargain hunter to give up the thrill of the hunt and it lands me in trouble when she can't find things to give for Christmas. xD
My wife and I stopped exchanging gifts last year. Granted, it helped having kids to buy for, so it's more fun to watch them be excited, but it's really nice not having the pressure of finding the perfect gift or just filling presents with stupid shit.

My wife and I stopped exchanging gifts last year. Granted, it helped having kids to buy for, so it's more fun to watch them be excited, but it's really nice not having the pressure of finding the perfect gift or just filling presents with stupid shit.
:( You make me sad. We are each other's kids ehe and compete to outdo each other every year. ;)

Looking into some 1up Arcades. Just seen and played my first at wally world; TMNT. $350 for the complete set (I guess is what it is) is way too much.

A good video camera and RAM would be helpful.

Always fun to see what video games and movie deals there are.

See how much money I won't spend this black friday. I've failed miserably most of the time.

Will the spreadsheet be linked in this thread ?
Really have enjoyed it in the past.

Thanks for all the hard work.
yes. agreed. thank you for taking the time to put in the spreadsheets and posting up the ads.

I have seen talk of Death Stranding being a Black Friday discount, but so far I haven't seen any real hint of that happening. I wonder if it's just going to be too soon?
It's not even out yet. Games that come out November or later have their release dates positioned in that way so they don't have to go on sale for Black Friday.

It'll probably go on sale around Christmas week for $44.99-49.99 at a couple places. Or else you can just buy it at Walmart now that their standard retail pricing is $49.94 on pretty much all new games. But I doubt that you'll find it cheaper until early 2020. Sony has exclusivity on it too so it's even more likely to maintain it's pricing for longer.

Oh shit, here we go. May as well subscribe to the thread, even though no spreadsheet has been posted yet and we're already on post 30.

It'll probably go on sale around Christmas week for $44.99-49.99 at a couple places. Or else you can just buy it at Walmart now that their standard retail pricing is $49.94 on pretty much all new games.
I haven't seen Death Stranding reduced anywhere. Personally, I'm in no hurry to buy it. Reviews seem less than enthralled, and while I'm still interested in playing, I don't see the point of rushing into it when it will inevitably drop like a rock.

That $199.99 Xbox One S 1TB Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Bundle with $40 Gift Card should be a pretty hot gift this year.

Wish we could have gotten that for my nephew this year instead of my mom paying $300+ for some bullshit XB1S Minecraft pack-in bundle thing like a scrub.

It has me tempted, but the X is $245 (technically) at Kohl's this year. I'd much rather have the best version of a system that I can buy. Which is why I'm waiting to find out if Nintendo will make a Pro version of the Switch before buying one.

That $199.99 Xbox One S 1TB Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Bundle with $40 Gift Card should be a pretty hot gift this year.

Wish we could have gotten that for my nephew this year instead of my mom paying $300+ for some bullshit XB1S Minecraft pack-in bundle thing like a scrub.
Two years ago when they had that coupon to take a percentage off that worked with price match was the best deal I'd seen until now. Got that exact bundle for $140 straight up, so yeah: that's unfortunate. :(

Finally; the best time of the year is here! Been waiting for the thread to go up. Thanks to everyone for their hard work contributing to it!

I'd like an X too, but it makes absolutely no sense to put $300 + tax towards one of those today when there will be a much more desirable Xbox and PS5 for ~$500 (my estimation) in about ten months. 

I'd like an X too, but it makes absolutely no sense to put $300 + tax towards one of those today when there will be a much more desirable Xbox and PS5 for ~$500 (my estimation) in about ten months.
I can see that. I never buy new consoles right away anymore though. I didn't even get the PS4 until the Pro was released. I expect the PS5 and Xbox Scarlet to eventually get upgrades too, so I am holding off on buying them day one.

Hopefully I can get a $30 copy or close to it for Gears A5 since I caught a deal on Red Dead 2 the other day that was the only other game I was looking for.

I can see that. I never buy new consoles right away anymore though. I didn't even get the PS4 until the Pro was released. I expect the PS5 and Xbox Scarlet to eventually get upgrades too, so I am holding off on buying them day one.
was the same, got burned even waiting after xbox consoles were released with the halo ce le console, crapped out a year later after announceing the s as the new basic console and wasnt caring about sony till a pro was announced and that it was the way to go if u wanted decent vr support which was still crappy, its best to look for x deals/upgrades if u looking for a solid backup since they will likely stop making s models shortly after the new consoles hits then x's after or vice versa

Here's hoping for some good Switch deals.

The Target AD for it is disappointing but individual games like Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW and Mario Tennis Aces I'll take.

Astral Chain is the one game I'm hoping gets a decent discount, but I have a bad feeling based on Target's ad. I have GCU for just 2 more weeks so maybe I should just get it for 48 while I still have the chance.

As of now I am looking at Target with the buy 2 get 1 on 4k movies.  They just released a bunch of Disney movies and I am trying to recall any Black Friday deals going on last year with regards to Disney movies.  My family would love to get some of these and it would be a great gift to the entire family from me.

As of now I am looking at Target with the buy 2 get 1 on 4k movies. They just released a bunch of Disney movies and I am trying to recall any Black Friday deals going on last year with regards to Disney movies. My family would love to get some of these and it would be a great gift to the entire family from me.
I wanna say I got The Incredibles 2 and Coco for $10, Avengers for $15 at Best Buy last year. All 4k

As of now I am looking at Target with the buy 2 get 1 on 4k movies. They just released a bunch of Disney movies and I am trying to recall any Black Friday deals going on last year with regards to Disney movies. My family would love to get some of these and it would be a great gift to the entire family from me.
I think last year a bunch of the Disney classics stuff like Peter Pan and Beauty and the Beast were $10 at Best Buy. Though if that doesn't pan out, Disney+ is up next week.

Will 4K and Blu deals be posted here too? This is probably the first year where I plan on buying movies along with games. Been holding out on a lot of titles lately.

Will 4K and Blu deals be posted here too? This is probably the first year where I plan on buying movies along with games. Been holding out on a lot of titles lately.
There are threads for 4k movie deals here on CAG in Blu-ray& DVD Deals. There is also a thread for Steelbooks which a lot are 4k. Not sure if we see many 4k steelbooks on sale but I post there when I find good sales.

bread's done
Back