* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020

#781 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:08 PM

I had no issue with the RE3 CE at my local gamestop. They took my gift card over the phone for the remaining balance ($15) and passed it through the door.  Art book is nice and big but half of it is for the MP mode.  Soundtrack is digital and the statue is nice.   The BB steelbook is nice too.

Not much to look forward to here for a while now. 

#782 Cloudx9  

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:48 PM

In my experience SE doesn’t email the DLCs. You need to go to their store and go to the order history and click on a button in your order to reveal it. They did that with Dragon Quest and another game I ordered from them recently.

Yes this is true, and I heard SE will not load the DLC to the site until April 10th, regardless when they shipped out your game.

#783 segashack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

segashack

Posted 04 April 2020 - 09:37 PM

dont think my 1st class ed has shipped yet? did you get an email or something?

Same here

#784 jedex   Elite Chemist CAGiversary!   1073 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:48 PM

Same here

Check your junk folder, mine has an estimated arrival date for this coming Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#785 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 04 April 2020 - 11:33 PM

My RE3 CEs are limbo, since I pre ordered in store (CA) and just put the $50 down. GS emailed me saying they can send me a egift card and I can just order RE3 online, however CE is sold out. I think I'mma just cancel it completely after see Jill face on the statue. 

My FF7 Deluxe from amazon has 4/14 delivery date for me :(.  

#786 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2489 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2020 - 11:45 PM

My RE3 CEs are limbo, since I pre ordered in store (CA) and just put the $50 down. GS emailed me saying they can send me a egift card and I can just order RE3 online, however CE is sold out. I think I'mma just cancel it completely after see Jill face on the statue.

My FF7 Deluxe from amazon has 4/14 delivery date for me :(.

I took the gift card option but still haven’t received it yet. Did you go that route? If so how long did it take to receive it.

#787 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1421 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 05 April 2020 - 12:42 AM

I took the gift card option but still haven’t received it yet. Did you go that route? If so how long did it take to receive it.

I haven't did it yet. I figured they will drop the ball so I ignored the emails. Let me know when it comes in tho. 

#788 Earendil_aod   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Earendil_aod

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:37 AM

Just ordered the Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Works Set tonight at Gamestop ($79), so it's still available there. Unfortunately, I'll have to hunt for a Steelbook on eBay.

#789 Cloudx9  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 03:31 PM

FFVII Remake First Class Edition unboxing.

Btw looks like this thing actually sold out again. Heck even Deluxe Edition is sold out everywhere. Guess people are panick buying that essential video game during the Coronavirus Pandemic.

#790 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23555 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

FFVII Remake First Class Edition unboxing.

Btw looks like this thing actually sold out again. Heck even Deluxe Edition is sold out everywhere. Guess people are panick buying that essential video game during the Coronavirus Pandemic.

I've never been a huge from of Play Arts figures- felt they were too expensive and even this, was way too much but I only bought it because I'm a fan of the game. But I gotta say, that bike actually looks pretty solid and I wasn't expecting it to be articulate and so detailed but the figure, I don't really like... they just look off.  

With Last of Us II delayed and Ghost of Tsushima likely delayed, FFVIIR is prob gonna be the game of the summer for PS4 owners. 

#791 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:32 PM

Yeah the bike looks good, the figure not so much.

#792 Cloudx9  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:57 PM

I think it's the Bike thats exclusive to the First Class Edition. The Cloud figure can be purchased separately by anyone.

#793 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:11 PM

I think it's the Bike thats exclusive to the First Class Edition. The Cloud figure can be purchased separately by anyone.

I don't even think the bike is exclusive either. I think the exclusive part is that you get the bike and Cloud together in one package.

#794 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23555 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:21 PM

I thought both were exclusive to the 1st class edition but now I'm not sure.. I looked it up, and it seems like the figure/bike were previously released years back. 

https://finalfantasy..._Action_Figures

And got updated for the Remake. And I do see the figure being sold separately but don't see the bike separate in teh store. 

https://finalfantasy...i/Hardy-Daytona

Honestly though, I'm not sure what's what with all the merchandise SE releases. 

#795 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:25 PM

From the Square Enix store product page:

"This limited-quantity, large-format action figure set is the only way you can get both Cloud and the Hardy-Daytona together."

Pretty sure they are planning to release the bike separately at some point.

#796 Cloudx9  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:59 PM

I thought both were exclusive to the 1st class edition but now I'm not sure.. I looked it up, and it seems like the figure/bike were previously released years back.
https://finalfantasy..._Action_Figures

And got updated for the Remake. And I do see the figure being sold separately but don't see the bike separate in teh store.
https://finalfantasy...i/Hardy-Daytona

Honestly though, I'm not sure what's what with all the merchandise SE releases.

The Hardy Daytona showed in your link is the original Play Arts line that came out a long time ago, not the newer Play Arts Kai line. The original were much smaller and not as detailed. They were much cheaper msrp too

#797 Cloudx9  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:05 PM

From the Square Enix store product page:

"This limited-quantity, large-format action figure set is the only way you can get both Cloud and the Hardy-Daytona together."

Pretty sure they are planning to release the bike separately at some point.

I think SE actually meant this is the only way you can get Hardy Daytona. I collect Play Arts Kai and they never announced the Hardy Daytona to be sold separately or even have any preorders available anywhere else. The Cloud has been for sale for awhile now. Also SE did end up making the Noctis exclusive weapon exclusive and never released it again elsewhere. Come to think of it, I don't recall SE ever selling the vehicle separate for Play Arts Kai. The Advent Children Fenrir bike also came with Advent Children Cloud figure. The Odin came with both the Horse and Odin etc...

#798 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6669 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:45 PM

If it was the only way you can get the bike. I am pretty sure they would have used the word exclusive just like they did with the Noctis weapon in the FFXV CE. They can always announce the bike later with the next wave of figures, because I am pretty sure there's going to be a Red XIII, Vincent, Cid, and Yuffie figures. Not sure how they are going to handle Cait Sith.

#799 Cloudx9  

Posted 05 April 2020 - 11:07 PM

If it was the only way you can get the bike. I am pretty sure they would have used the word exclusive just like they did with the Noctis weapon in the FFXV CE. They can always announce the bike later with the next wave of figures, because I am pretty sure there's going to be a Red XIII, Vincent, Cid, and Yuffie figures. Not sure how they are going to handle Cait Sith.

Yea I think you're overthinking on the SE's wording too much. Just from years of collecting these things and how SE releases them. It's pretty plausible that the Hardy Daytona could very well be exclusive to First Class Edition. They've never sold vehicles or mounts on their own and there's been plenty of Final Fantasy Play Arts Kai figures thats been on a very limited run in the past.

#800 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4759 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:39 AM

Their packaging is getting so lazy. They couldn't just design a box like they did with FFXV CE? Or FFXII Zodiac Age CE?

Oh wait, I guess they'll be saving that for the FFVII Ultimate Complete First Class Edition SOLDIER AVALANCHE Collection that will come out in 2028 for $599.99 and have all the episodes on the PS5.

#801 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:13 AM

I think if you were looking for any value added to the first class contents, you would look for it to say it’s exclusive rather than assume it will be. If it doesn’t say exclusive and their is a demand, they have no reason not to produce more. Not that it would stop them anyway if they did indicate it was exclusive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#802 Cloudx9  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:44 AM

I think if you were looking for any value added to the first class contents, you would look for it to say it’s exclusive rather than assume it will be. If it doesn’t say exclusive and their is a demand, they have no reason not to produce more. Not that it would stop them anyway if they did indicate it was exclusive

When it comes to Final Fantasy Play Arts Kai figures, if SE really wanted to get greedy, they could make more of many of their Final Fantasy figures that has long sold out and now goes for crazy prices on Ebay. But they never did (like Yuna, Lightning, Dragoon Knight, Advent Children Tifa etc...) just because a company can, doesn't mean they will. They don't want to saturate the market either. No Playarts Kai figures ever said limited or exclusive on them (other then a few color variants) but some were available for sale for a few months and once they're gone as msrp, they're gone. SE typically don't do this produce more crap just because it sells well with their Play Arts Kai line. I actually wished they did, cause I had to pay premium prices for some of the ones I missed out on.

#803 Jakegreensego  

Jakegreensego

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:52 AM

When it comes to Final Fantasy Play Arts Kai figures, if SE really wanted to get greedy, they could make more of many of their Final Fantasy figures that has long sold out and now goes for crazy prices on Ebay. But they never did (like Yuna, Lightning, Dragoon Knight, Advent Children Tifa etc...) just because a company can, doesn't mean they will. They don't want to saturate the market either. No Playarts Kai figures ever said limited or exclusive on them (other then a few color variants) but some were available for sale for a few months and once they're gone as msrp, they're gone. SE typically don't do this produce more crap just because it sells well with their Play Arts Kai line. I actually wished they did, cause I had to pay premium prices for some of the ones I missed out on.

Yea that’s a solid argument. If they have a good reputation then I suppose we can expect the same going forward. I’ve just seen so many other companies try to cash in. Wonder why they don’t market the fact that they dont reproduce them. Kind of cool that they just don’t and don’t mention it.

#804 segashack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   362 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

segashack

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:23 AM

Check your junk folder, mine has an estimated arrival date for this coming Wednesday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nothing yet unfortunately even in junk mail. According to redditors SE is shipping it from eastcoast to westcoast, may be why I'm (CA) not seeing it shipped yet.

Not in a rush to get it but just want to make sure I will get a copy. Ni No Kuni CE horror stories have always scared me.

#805 Nelson2011   Huh?! CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Nelson2011

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:20 PM

I just checked through my emails and saw that it shipped last Friday also. Scheduled to be delivered this Thursday.

#806 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23555 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:29 PM

Vanquish/Bayo 10th Anni Ed dropped to $30 on both PS4/X1. 

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.c...00?ie=UTF8&th=1

#807 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:46 PM

I’d say wait for it to drop to 20

#808 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4669 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:56 PM

Their packaging is getting so lazy. They couldn't just design a box like they did with FFXV CE? Or FFXII Zodiac Age CE?

Oh wait, I guess they'll be saving that for the FFVII Ultimate Complete First Class Edition SOLDIER AVALANCHE Collection that will come out in 2028 for $599.99 and have all the episodes on the PS5.

As a gamer and collector for over 20 years, since the regular NES era, seeing how companies have transitioned to cash grabs, 'incomplete editions', and constant re-releases, I've lost a lot of interest. Specifically to FF7 remake, I preordered the deluxe edition from Best Buy in August '19, though after reading it isn't the real game just a chapter 1 extended demo, all of my excitement disappeared knowing down the road the edition you mentioned will be released.

I don't want games piecemeal or in 'episodes', make the damn game and release it. The full game.

#809 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6486 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:07 PM

As a gamer and collector for over 20 years, since the regular NES era, seeing how companies have transitioned to cash grabs, 'incomplete editions', and constant re-releases, I've lost a lot of interest. Specifically to FF7 remake, I preordered the deluxe edition from Best Buy in August '19, though after reading it isn't the real game just a chapter 1 extended demo, all of my excitement disappeared knowing down the road the edition you mentioned will be released.

I don't want games piecemeal or in 'episodes', make the damn game and release it. The full game.

What you are asking for would be both financially and technically not viable.  No company is going to spend a decade or more developing a game of this scope without any may to generate some revenue in the interim.  I can understand why from the collector standpoint this isn't great, but from everyone I have seen start playing so far, it looks like a great experience that takes at least 40 hours to play through and longer if you take every side quest.  $60 or less for a 40 hour experience feels reasonable to me.  

#810 Cloudx9  

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:56 PM

RE3 Remake is a cashgrab, it's a 5 hour game with many similar assets as RE2 Remake. FF VII remake is not. From what I've seen from people who got their copies early, it's literally impossible to remake the entire game with the scope of a FF VII remake and sell it for $60. Not to mention it would take a hell lot longer. Some people's expectations are just completely out of whack.