* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020

#61 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:50 PM

So lately, I've been trying to look for "niche physical games that were once easy to find but their availability is now dwindling and will be super hard to find at a good price very soon" games.

Do we already have a thread for those on here? If not, I think it would be a good thing to keep track of. Though I'd have no idea where to even begin with compiling a list of those kinds of games. I'm not talking about AAA games, so that would narrow it down a lot. Just to throw out a couple examples, I've always wanted to buy Cave Story+ for Switch, but just forgot I guess and I remembered recently and it's sold out at every retailer. Another I had some difficulty tracking down recently was The Sexy Brutale physical edition. I'm talking niche games like those that are well regarded, had a niche or quiet release and now are starting to become hard to find.

Anyone else interested in releases like that?

#62 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1053 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 December 2019 - 11:23 PM

I like weird shit, usually because they’re fun games not so much the value. One I found recently that’s cool and likely niche is “Ghost Parade.” Like a Pokemon vania.

#63 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3757 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:53 AM

So lately, I've been trying to look for "niche physical games that were once easy to find but their availability is now dwindling and will be super hard to find at a good price very soon" games.

Do we already have a thread for those on here? If not, I think it would be a good thing to keep track of. Though I'd have no idea where to even begin with compiling a list of those kinds of games. I'm not talking about AAA games, so that would narrow it down a lot. Just to throw out a couple examples, I've always wanted to buy Cave Story+ for Switch, but just forgot I guess and I remembered recently and it's sold out at every retailer. Another I had some difficulty tracking down recently was The Sexy Brutale physical edition. I'm talking niche games like those that are well regarded, had a niche or quiet release and now are starting to become hard to find.

Anyone else interested in releases like that?

This thread covers current gen obscure stuff and non-LRG releases: https://www.cheapass...n-thread/page-1

May not be exactly what you’re looking for though

#64 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10557 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 04:07 PM

Happy New Year, everyone!  Thanks for the new thread, Vogyn!

#65 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14825 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:05 PM

Having finally gotten around to playing Ghost of a Tale, I'd love to see a CE for it now. Such a love letter to Mouse Guard and Redwall fans in a nice little soulsborne package. Adorable and dark; fan-fucking-tastic.

#66 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14622 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:39 PM

For anyone interested in getting the Division 2 CE stuff minus the game, Microsoft is selling it for $20 on their EBay store.

#67 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:23 AM

For anyone interested in getting the Division 2 CE stuff minus the game, Microsoft is selling it for $20 on their EBay store.

Yup. Mentioned on page 2.  I got mine today. Brand new. No game with it. Worth it for sure.

https://www.ebay.com...6ffa34772|iid:1

#68 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:47 AM

Anyone have Zombie Army 4 CE preordered?  I have been waiting for it to become available at both Best Buy & GameStop to no avail.  I've tried GameStop retail locations since the game was announced, but they never opened it for preorders.  Same thing Best Buy. 

Meanwhile, the game has been available for months at EB Games Canada website.  I'm debating using a proxy service from Canada to the US just to get my hands on this bad boy, but was wondering if anyone out there has been successful in getting this preordered before I start the order...

#69 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13021 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:19 AM

Anyone have Zombie Army 4 CE preordered?  I have been waiting for it to become available at both Best Buy & GameStop to no avail.  I've tried GameStop retail locations since the game was announced, but they never opened it for preorders.  Same thing Best Buy. 

Meanwhile, the game has been available for months at EB Games Canada website.  I'm debating using a proxy service from Canada to the US just to get my hands on this bad boy, but was wondering if anyone out there has been successful in getting this preordered before I start the order...

It actually was available to preorder from Best Buy for a few week's time, but then they completely removed the listing from the site (just as I decided I wanted to preorder it).  Definitely makes me wonder what is going on with it.

#70 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6382 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 06:04 AM

It actually was available to preorder from Best Buy for a few week's time, but then they completely removed the listing from the site (just as I decided I wanted to preorder it).  Definitely makes me wonder what is going on with it.

It actually worked for that gift card offer they had with any game purchase of $100 or more even though it shouldn't have.  I already received the gift card and I got the GCU price.  My preorder is still active, so I think they just ran out of stock for preorders.

#71 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1306 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for the heads up on Best Buy at least being open for a little while.  I'm going to bite the bullet and order from EB Games Canada.  With the Canadian Exchange Rate, it will wind up being around $100 US ($30 less than US retail).  Figure whatever savings can help pay for the Proxy shipping from Canada to the US.  Just wondering why there's a larger window of availability for Canada versus US.  Maybe seeing the Strange Brigade CE on clearance at GameStop had an effect of some sort on their order of ZA4 CE

#72 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10557 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:12 PM

I just received an Item Delayed email from Best Buy on my TLOU - Ellie Edition, telling me my item is delayed, and they will work on getting my items to me until January 29, 2020.  

I hope this is a mistake, considering I ordered as soon as it went up and it doesn't even come out until May, lol.

#73 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3757 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

I received the same email

#74 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 31 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

You guys r getting it early. Lucky

#75 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14825 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:18 PM

No, they derped a bunch of release dates including Darksiders AGAIN. IDK WTF they're doing over there but they already corrected the dates.

#76 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:38 AM

lol, just put in so many preorders my CC fraud alert went off.

#77 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6539 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:37 AM

lol, just put in so many preorders my CC fraud alert went off.

Was it at Best Buy? I got that a few times with them and got locked out from purchasing for 24 hours.

#78 bradbo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1053 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:34 AM

Had to replace my debit card because of a fraud report from Walmart

#79 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1329 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

Was it at Best Buy? I got that a few times with them and got locked out from purchasing for 24 hours.

i oredered everything from BB, but it was Capital One that texted me.  Probably because it was multiple individual orders because I got excited seeing all the games I wanted.

#80 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3757 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:20 PM

Looks like Piggyback is making a guide for Cyberpunk 2077

https://www.amazon.c...DKIKX0DER&psc=1

#81 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4580 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:30 PM

The Best Buy exclusive deluxe premium edition with the pouch finally started working with GCU. Not sure when this happened, but I know at least for the first week or two GCU didn't work with it. Still think it's a ripoff as it's $20 more for items that probably cost like 20 cents to make, but if you want it, GCU now works for it.

#82 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13021 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:45 AM

The Best Buy exclusive deluxe premium edition with the pouch finally started working with GCU. Not sure when this happened, but I know at least for the first week or two GCU didn't work with it. Still think it's a ripoff as it's $20 more for items that probably cost like 20 cents to make, but if you want it, GCU now works for it.

I appreciate the heads up, but it will be an easy pass for me.

#83 nevermeltice  

nevermeltice

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:09 AM

Doom Eternal CE XB1 back in stock on Amazon

#84 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:26 PM

Gamestop have the Division 2 Gold edition for $25 on both systems, also Jump Force collector edition for $89 (XB1/PS4), instore only, sold out online. I did a impulse buy for Jumpforce today. Ni nu kuni 2 CE $35 available online as well.

#85 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:14 AM

Gamestop have the Division 2 Gold edition for $25 on both systems, also Jump Force collector edition for $89 (XB1/PS4), instore only, sold out online. I did a impulse buy for Jumpforce today. Ni nu kuni 2 CE $35 available online as well.

If only jump force CE came with season pass

#86 Kurosaki-san   Steelbook Collector CAGiversary!   1328 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Kurosaki-san

Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:07 AM

If only jump force CE came with season pass

The season pass 50% off right now on PSN till the 17th, $14.99.

#87 JCross3000  

JCross3000

Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:39 AM

Is there an eta on when the CE will be available? I went into both Gamestop and Best Buy to place an order but it wasn't in their system for pre-order.

#88 Draken Zero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   106 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Draken Zero

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:15 PM

Azur Lane Crosswave PS4 and Steam LEs live on iffysonlinestore.com

#89 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6382 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:20 AM

Is there an eta on when the CE will be available? I went into both Gamestop and Best Buy to place an order but it wasn't in their system for pre-order.

Pretty sure you missed the window.  Both Best Buy and Gamestop did preorders online months ago now.  I don't think they are going to be available in stores given the limited quantities available.  Maybe check again a week before release on Gamestop.com as they will do some cancellations for failed payment I'm sure.

#90 JCross3000  

JCross3000

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:37 AM

"As far as we're aware via our distributor it is still available in the US. It has sold very well though so you may have to do a little digging to find your own edition. Calling your local retailer might be an idea as they may be able to locate a copy for you." This was the response I got when I emailed them, so very likely I missed the pre-order. However, I could wait and see for any cancellations around release date.