* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021

#841 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 30 April 2021 - 11:24 AM

There is a steelbook version of Abzu on the Switch.  The site shows $55 but I clicked the item and it checked out as free and $11 shipping.  I dunno what's up with that.

CS - [Steelbook] SRG#50: Abzû (Switch) (superraregames.com)

#842 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6470 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2021 - 11:54 AM

There is a steelbook version of Abzu on the Switch.  The site shows $55 but I clicked the item and it checked out as free and $11 shipping.  I dunno what's up with that.

thanks. i ordered. lets see what happens.

#843 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3937 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2021 - 12:15 PM

what does the CS stand for? There is a normal listing without a CS that charges the correct amount.

#844 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 30 April 2021 - 12:23 PM

what does the CS stand for? There is a normal listing without a CS that charges the correct amount.

I don't know.  I googled super rare games CS and another game comes up free, but no information on it.

#845 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3937 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2021 - 12:27 PM

I don't know.  I googled super rare games CS and another game comes up free, but no information on it.

wonder if its customer service. there are like 6 games with a CS link that are showing as free

#846 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   4938 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 30 April 2021 - 05:17 PM

Anyone here do me a favor? I'm trying to edit my payment on Best Buy. I see they actually added that option now. Not sure how long it's been there, but you just need to click the drop down under payment and it says edit payment.

Been trying to do it all day and when I hit "add new card" I get "service unavailable" message.

I just wanna know if it's purely on my end or a site-wide issue.

Can anyone here who has an order at BB try that and see if you get the error. You don't need to add a card obviously, just back out if it works for you.

#847 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   694 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 April 2021 - 07:58 PM

Anyone here do me a favor? I'm trying to edit my payment on Best Buy. I see they actually added that option now. Not sure how long it's been there, but you just need to click the drop down under payment and it says edit payment.

Been trying to do it all day and when I hit "add new card" I get "service unavailable" message.

Can anyone here who has an order at BB try that and see if you get the error. You don't need to add a card obviously, just back out if it works for you.

You need to post your login info and CC number for anyone to help, can’t do much without that!

Kidding obviously, don’t post that.  You mean editing for an existing pre-order?  I found the area you are talking about and got the same error message when trying to add new card, it’s not just you.

#848 tubtub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   884 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2021 - 02:32 AM

You need to post your login info and CC number for anyone to help, can’t do much without that!

Kidding obviously, don’t post that. You mean editing for an existing pre-order? I found the area you are talking about and got the same error message when trying to add new card, it’s not just you.

Same here. I would just try again in a few days. It used to work as I've done it before

#849 Tothoro  

Posted 01 May 2021 - 04:12 AM

This just happens occasionally and I have no clue why. Even my BestBuy credit card will error out sometimes for seemingly no reason. Like tubtub said, give it a bit and try again; it should work sooner rather than later.

#850 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24003 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2021 - 01:57 PM

Try making a new preorder or some random game, hopefully one very far out, with the new card. 

Then go back to the other pre-order and change the payment method to the new card. 

And then cancel the random game preorder. 

#851 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15018 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2021 - 05:38 AM

I don't think media has been returnable once opened, since like the 90s. Cyberpunk being the exception.

This is correct. In the book Console Wars, you read how Nintendo strong armed the retailers to stop taking back opened games. The rest of media (music, movies, computer software) soon followed.

#852 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15018 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2021 - 05:40 AM

The Legendary Cache doesn't include the game, only physical extras.

Exactly. No EA CE has included the game since DA Inquisition. Long time CAG's remember what happened there (2 years to get replacements for all the broken and/or missing parts, pretty much the last act of Project Triforce before they went out of business.)

#853 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   694 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2021 - 01:28 PM

This is correct. In the book Console Wars, you read how Nintendo strong armed the retailers to stop taking back opened games. The rest of media (music, movies, computer software) soon followed.

I thought the book only mentioned consoles?  Specifically NES > Super NES, they argued too many people were returning their NES years later, claiming defects, so they could get full credit towards buying an SNES when that came out.  Which the retailers were happy to do since the cost went to Nintendo and they got a new sale.  Nintendo said you can accept it back but it’s on your dime, not ours anymore.  Now the system return must be within 90 days if we are liable.  I don’t remember the book mentioning anymore than that?

#854 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24003 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2021 - 09:40 PM

Exactly. No EA CE has included the game since DA Inquisition. Long time CAG's remember what happened there (2 years to get replacements for all the broken and/or missing parts, pretty much the last act of Project Triforce before they went out of business.)

I am so pissed about all that, since I had no idea the replacements were being done. GS told me that they (meaning GS) would contact anyone who preordered the game and how to get replacements but after a year or so, I gave up thinking it would happen... and then it did actually happen but it came and went and I had no idea. 

#855 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   11535 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 03 May 2021 - 12:01 AM

I am so pissed about all that, since I had no idea the replacements were being done. GS told me that they (meaning GS) would contact anyone who preordered the game and how to get replacements but after a year or so, I gave up thinking it would happen... and then it did actually happen but it came and went and I had no idea. 

Was that before you were following the CE threads?

#856 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24003 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 01:16 AM

Was that before you were following the CE threads?

I've been around the CAG forms regularly so I have no idea how I missed it, unless it was offered during Nov to Mar, in which case that's when I'm busy with work and only browse CAG in a half-awakened state and am not surprised I missed it.

#857 Tyrok   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3034 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 09:52 PM

20210429-200220385-i-OS.jpg20210429-200248742-i-OS.jpg

#858 elessar123  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 10:34 PM

That is almost as generic as you can possibly make it.

#859 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6470 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:59 PM

nothing special. i was hoping for big vampire mommy cover or half chris half wolfie.

#860 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 04 May 2021 - 12:04 AM

nothing special. i was hoping for big vampire mommy cover or half chris half wolfie.

That artwork has been known for a while and was on the pre-order page.  Same thing as the CE steelbook.

#861 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1471 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:27 PM

What's the inside look like...

#862 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:38 PM

The Abzu steelbook that was free got cancelled on me. Lol

#863 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3937 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:42 PM

The Abzu steelbook that was free got cancelled on me. Lol

canceled as they suspect its fradulent lol

#864 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   150 Posts   Joined 1.4 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 04 May 2021 - 05:51 PM

I got canceled as well

#865 trunks982   Wii are the Champions! CAGiversary!   6470 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:54 PM

same. i got charged on my credit card and transaction fee. oh well.

#866 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:59 AM

RE Village CE unboxings are showing up on youtube.  They don't look worth $220 at all. More so considering that the steelbook at BB is 100% the same.  So, you get a map, a paperback artbook, and a figure that always looks up. I'm good.

#867 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 05 May 2021 - 02:31 PM

Bump: I'm not big on the expensive figures and I know it's not a CE, but an alternate Ciri and the Kitsune figure is up for pre-order and release in December.  I've got Ronin Geralt and it's amazing.  I missed the original Ciri, but I got this one right away!

Ciri and the Kitsune Figure — Before The Clash - CD PROJEKT RED GEAR

It was $297 shipped.

#868 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15018 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2021 - 04:26 PM

I thought the book only mentioned consoles? Specifically NES > Super NES, they argued too many people were returning their NES years later, claiming defects, so they could get full credit towards buying an SNES when that came out. Which the retailers were happy to do since the cost went to Nintendo and they got a new sale. Nintendo said you can accept it back but it’s on your dime, not ours anymore. Now the system return must be within 90 days if we are liable. I don’t remember the book mentioning anymore than that?

No they talk about specifically Target vs. Nintendo in the book in regards to return policy on opened games.

#869 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15018 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2021 - 04:44 PM

RE Village CE unboxings are showing up on youtube. They don't look worth $220 at all. More so considering that the steelbook at BB is 100% the same. So, you get a map, a paperback artbook, and a figure that always looks up. I'm good.

At least the Steelbook is included this time. For the last two you had to get the Steelbook’s from either Best Buy or EBay.

#870 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15018 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 May 2021 - 04:50 PM

To be fair, it was one CAG that I forget who it was that kept in constant contact with Project Triforce, & it was the 2nd attempt at replacements before it was actually done. It was a running joke for two years that they would never fix it and they did.

The first time after sending info it was constant excuses of factory shutting down for Chinese New Year, factory refusing to work with them, etc. throughout 2015 & finally around Nov. 2016 a different person there said they were determined to fix it and you had to resend your info & pictures. Finally in Dec. 2016/Jan. 2017 I & other CAG’s got our replacements.

And when I saw Mike Laidlaw at PAX East 17 (his last as an employee of EA) he even autographed my Steelbook with “Hoorah for CE completion!”

I’m sorry Vinny you were told wrong information as GS employees were instructed to have customers call EA, who instructed people to contact Project Triforce.