* * * * * 1 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021

#1501 *Deathblade2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

*Deathblade2

Posted 18 June 2021 - 12:47 AM

Got back from Gamestop a little while ago and was able to do a web instore preorder for Metroid Dread SE.

So happy, the only other 2D game that could top this for me would be a new 2D Castlevania, just like the ones back on the DS.

Not all heroes wear capes my dude. After reading your post, I went to the store and was able to order the special edition in store for home delivery. Thanks for the heads up!

#1502 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   582 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 02:15 AM

Not all heroes wear capes my dude. After reading your post, I went to the store and was able to order the special edition in store for home delivery. Thanks for the heads up!

Haha, that's awesome!

#1503 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3888 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 04:43 AM

When i go in  yesterday morning, they ssid they can't do it

#1504 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   814 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:14 AM

Same here. I was.told at 11am they couldn't do it

#1505 FlawlesslyFatal  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 18 June 2021 - 08:20 AM

https://twitter.com/...3261924369?s=20

Regarding: The Medium Special Edition

No mentioning of availability for NA according to the initial tweet. When someone asked about US, their reply was: "Online shopping is an option".

Edit: according to a post on hidefninja, a Polish retailer listed the Special Edition for about €35, not too bad if import.

#1506 *Deathblade2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

*Deathblade2

Posted 18 June 2021 - 10:51 AM

When i go in  yesterday morning, they ssid they can't do it

Same here. I was.told at 11am they couldn't do it

Apparently they have to look it up by a different number for home delivery and not just the normal search. I was told the same about it being sold out at  a closer  gamestop. YMMV on whether they know this number or whether they will do it for you...some may be hooking up friends, gatekeeping, etc....

#1507 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 18 June 2021 - 02:31 PM

omg you guys give me hope. Gonna call as soon as they open today.......l

#1508 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15070 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 03:15 PM

Apparently they have to look it up by a different number for home delivery and not just the normal search. I was told the same about it being sold out at  a closer  gamestop. YMMV on whether they know this number or whether they will do it for you...some may be hooking up friends, gatekeeping, etc....

Those sold out at 6pm central yesterday, I was on my way to a GS in a different district 30 minutes south of the one I normally go to place an order, but the manager messaged me on the way down after work they had just sold out. She had placed an order for one 2 hours earlier.

#1509 SW4J   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 03:35 PM

New York here, in-store pickup is apparently regional.  I went to my Gamestop today at opening and spoke with the manager.  She said only the standard edition is available for pre-order, and that thet Special Edition isn't available yet and wasn't available yet.  She noted that this is regional as I said earlier so likely this was for all of New York as well, and that they won't have that option until they get their allotment numbers.

#1510 *Deathblade2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   264 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

*Deathblade2

Posted 18 June 2021 - 03:45 PM

Those sold out at 6pm central yesterday, I was on my way to a GS in a different district 30 minutes south of the one I normally go to place an order, but the manager messaged me on the way down after work they had just sold out. She had placed an order for one 2 hours earlier.

YMMV...I ordered in store around 7pm CST.

#1511 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6234 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 04:25 PM

So happy, the only other 2D game that could top this for me would be a new 2D Castlevania, just like the ones back on the DS.

I know the Netflix series is somewhat controversial among older Castlevania fans, but I really enjoyed it. Would be amazing to see an updated 2D Castlevania game that utilizes that style of animation for the cutscenes. Will probably never happen, but I could see that mix being pretty awesome.

#1512 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 18 June 2021 - 05:59 PM

I got it! Had to take a ferry from Manhattan to NJ, but I got it.

Initially, the guy said it sold out from the time I called to when I arrived. But apparently reserving it in store under a non-account remedied the problem. fwiw.

so stoked ... I bought a WiiU back when they said the system was getting it. Been waiting for a new Metroid forever. Prime is best in series. Wavebird a must. Such an amazing soundtrack, too. (Phendira drifts anyone? And that intro!). Even more stoked for the 3D version .... just hoping that isn't a new hardware release.

#1513 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:00 PM

I know the Netflix series is somewhat controversial among older Castlevania fans, but I really enjoyed it. Would be amazing to see an updated 2D Castlevania game that utilizes that style of animation for the cutscenes. Will probably never happen, but I could see that mix being pretty awesome.

I wonder why it's conterversial? That show is amazing!

#1514 Cap'n_RDM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2021 - 06:36 PM

YMMV...I ordered in store around 7pm CST.

Yep, YMMV.  I ordered mine at 6:00pm PT.  It took me calls to three stores before I found an employee who either knew how to do it or simply cared enough to.

#1515 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2355 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 18 June 2021 - 07:51 PM

Yep, YMMV.  I ordered mine at 6:00pm PT.  It took me calls to three stores before I found an employee who either knew how to do it or simply cared enough to.

Russell was the best GS employee ever. He really went the distance so I got one. I salute you, Russell.

#1516 Fuzzmeister  

Fuzzmeister

Posted 19 June 2021 - 02:49 AM

With games I'm interested in being announced and other financial things popping up, I cancelled the Scarlet Nexus pre-order for the steelbook.  The demo was just OK.  The Tales of Arise CE was in the same order and Bando does not let you cancel one item.  I might try to order that again, but recent JRPGs just don't grab my interest like Lost Odyssey or Eternal Sonata did on the 360.  

#1517 Blankboi  

Blankboi

Posted 19 June 2021 - 03:00 AM

With games I'm interested in being announced and other financial things popping up, I cancelled the Scarlet Nexus pre-order for the steelbook. The demo was just OK. The Tales of Arise CE was in the same order and Bando does not let you cancel one item. I might try to order that again, but recent JRPGs just don't grab my interest like Lost Odyssey or Eternal Sonata did on the 360.

I did the exact opposite after replaying the scarlet nexus demo again, the tales of arise CE for $190 didn’t sit too well, I really just want the SB and figure and couldn’t justify the price regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1518 ShadowAssassin   #TTP CAGiversary!   5086 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

ShadowAssassin

Posted 19 June 2021 - 04:17 AM

With games I'm interested in being announced and other financial things popping up, I cancelled the Scarlet Nexus pre-order for the steelbook.  The demo was just OK.  The Tales of Arise CE was in the same order and Bando does not let you cancel one item.  I might try to order that again, but recent JRPGs just don't grab my interest like Lost Odyssey or Eternal Sonata did on the 360.  

I think the JRPG market is pretty weak. So many I've just tried and thought were meh like the Atelier series and all the XSEED and most NIS games I think are really nothing to write home about. Anything with really uninspired dungeons and environments put me off. You have the From Software which are from a Japanese developer, but I think most people just consider them "Soulsborne" games not technically JRPGs. You have Dragon Quest XI, but aside from that, honestly I think Nintendo has the best JRPGs these days. Games like Octopath Traveler, the Xenoblades, Fire Emblems, Trials of Mana, the Bravely games, etc. If you want a classic RPG experience that's your best bet. Switch/3DS have the best recent exclusives IMO.

I'm hoping Tales of Arise recaptures the Tales greatness. I loved that series since the beginning, but I felt after Vesperia it went down hill and I was begging them to go back to the drawing board and start over instead of churning new ones out every year and they finally did that at least. Whether or not the game will be good, who knows, but at least they put the effort in going in a new direction.

#1519 Mobiletortoise  

Mobiletortoise

Posted 19 June 2021 - 01:11 PM

Not a new entry, but a "Castlevania Advance Collection" was just rated in Austrailia.

https://www.classifi...ance-collection

So we will probably get an updated collection of the 3 GBA Castlevanias here for Xmas

#1520 pjgamer007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   582 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2021 - 01:44 PM

That's close enough for now!  I would pick those up, haven't played them in years.  Not since my non-backlit GBA.

#1521 dualrec  

Posted 19 June 2021 - 08:11 PM

I got too much ocd... got all the previous Metroid amiibo in boxes, but can't get the dread amiibo... so now I don't even want to keep my old ones cause it'll bug me. 🤪

#1522 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24246 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2021 - 08:38 PM

I got too much ocd... got all the previous Metroid amiibo in boxes, but can't get the dread amiibo... so now I don't even want to keep my old ones cause it'll bug me.

Part of me thinks you'll get another chance closer to release... a few stores are bound to have some open orders due to cancelations/non-billable cards. 

#1523 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4382 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 19 June 2021 - 09:23 PM

I got too much ocd... got all the previous Metroid amiibo in boxes, but can't get the dread amiibo... so now I don't even want to keep my old ones cause it'll bug me. 🤪

These will be the only Metroid amiibo I will have. We can share collections. I'll take Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, you can have Monday-Thursday 😄

#1524 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 20 June 2021 - 02:33 PM

These will be the only Metroid amiibo I will have. We can share collections. I'll take Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, you can have Monday-Thursday 😄

Bart will have Monday and Thursday, Milhouse will have Tuesdays and Fridays, and I’ll take it Wednesdays and Saturdays.

#1525 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24246 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2021 - 02:49 PM

Bart will have Monday and Thursday, Milhouse will have Tuesdays and Fridays, and I’ll take it Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Yeah, what about Sundays?

#1526 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 20 June 2021 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, what about Sundays?

Sundays will be determined by a random number generator, Bart will have 1-3, Milhouse will have 4-6, and I’ll have 7-9.

#1527 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 20 June 2021 - 10:40 PM

I wonder why it's conterversial? That show is amazing!

Because the ending was absolute trash, and the way they treat a certain important villain was just… dumb.

#1528 ismegamanthere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

ismegamanthere

Posted 20 June 2021 - 10:41 PM

Has the Metroid Dream Amiibo two-pack been restocked anywhere? I mean, Jesus Christ.

#1529 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2418 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 20 June 2021 - 10:58 PM

Sundays will be determined by a random number generator, Bart will have 1-3, Milhouse will have 4-6, and I’ll have 7-9.

Wait a minute…what about 0??

#1530 CrewShadow   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   435 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2021 - 11:42 PM

Yeah, what about 0?