CAG Fighting Game Collection Vol. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
A new thread, come and join the all the silliness.
zangief.gif

I'm for Capcom's collections and everything but now they're pissing me off. Come on Capcom give me a new fighter, (and not Capcom Fighting Evolution 2.) I'm sure some of you have heard of a Power Stone Collection for PSP. Kinda dumb since Power Stone only made it to numeral #2, not much of a collection. I do enjoy the collections but only when I don't have the games. Here's a link to some pics:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0602/game060217a.shtml

I can already predict a Rival Schools Collection in the future.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']A new thread, come and join the all the silliness.
zangief.gif

I'm for Capcom's collections and everything but now they're pissing me off. Come on Capcom give me a new fighter, (and not Capcom Fighting Evolution 2.) I'm sure some of you have heard of a Power Stone Collection for PSP. Kinda dumb since Power Stone only made it to numeral #2, not much of a collection. I do enjoy the collections but only when I don't have the games. Here's a link to some pics:

I can already predict a Rival Schools Collection in the future.[/QUOTE]

Like I said in the other thread -

A large large portion of gamers have never played Power Stone, or wanted to and never did. This collection is a great idea, because it will get new people in the franchise, its adding new characters to part 1, new weapons in both parts, and adventure mode in part 2, new mini games.... I'd much rather have this then have to bust out the Dreamcast. Who knows, if this sells great, Capcom may actually bust out a Powerstone 3.

I love Powerstone, and I'd rather have upgraded ports then nothing at all.

Thanks for making the thread title something nice, as well, the last thread title was obnoxious.

zangief.gif

Heh! Awesome gif!

They really should re-release Project Justice/Rival School on the PSP of something so more people can play it.

[quote name='Roufuss']Like I said in the other thread -

A large large portion of gamers have never played Power Stone, or wanted to and never did. This collection is a great idea, because it will get new people in the franchise, its adding new characters to part 1, new weapons in both parts, and adventure mode in part 2, new mini games.... I'd much rather have this then have to bust out the Dreamcast. Who knows, if this sells great, Capcom may actually bust out a Powerstone 3.

I love Powerstone, and I'd rather have upgraded ports then nothing at all.

Thanks for making the thread title something nice, as well, the last thread title was obnoxious.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I'm for collections, but you have to admit the collections are getting monotonous and well-worn. Now a Capcom Puzzle Collection is coming out. Sooner or later they're gonna run out of things to "collect." I just want something new. Damnit Capcom, you suck!

i personally enjoy the collections, but it's really no "hoowah" for people who already own or have the games. Probably the largest plus about these collections is the fact that they are pretty much perfect ports but on a portable. Playing Power Stone on the bus sure is alot more crazy to think about than playing tetris on the bus. I do hope though that they do brind out a rival schools collection... at least there's been 3 games in that sereis if you include japanese releases. Maybe if they port it to a collection, the US will finally get the creat a character and the rpg/board game mode!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']i personally enjoy the collections, but it's really no "hoowah" for people who already own or have the games. Probably the largest plus about these collections is the fact that they are pretty much perfect ports but on a portable. Playing Power Stone on the bus sure is alot more crazy to think about than playing tetris on the bus. I do hope though that they do brind out a rival schools collection... at least there's been 3 games in that sereis if you include japanese releases. Maybe if they port it to a collection, the US will finally get the creat a character and the rpg/board game mode![/QUOTE]

I always wanted to play through the board game in Rival Schools 3. I think it's the only way to create a player. Too bad Capcom got lazy and just decided not to even bother with it when porting. I played like 10 minutes into it and my wife got really tired of translating for me, so that was "game over" for me.

[quote name='jam3582']whats the deal with ad-hoc only is it really that hard for infrastructure ?[/QUOTE]

it's not as easy at it would seem. There's alot of time sync and lobby connection and whatnot. Yes it would be awsome to have, but I would rather have more game than more online...

@Rodimus: Didnt rival schools 2 have the board game as well? even the first one? i would be sad if they ported Star Gladiator instead of these :lol:

[quote name='apokalipze2']Capcom is milking shitty franchises, what's new[/QUOTE]

Because Power Stone and Super Puzzle Fighter are shitty, right? Oh wait, you're just a retard.

i'm actually excited about the Power stone collection...i have never played the games, i have never had a dreamcast, and i have heard good things about PS :)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's not as easy at it would seem. There's alot of time sync and lobby connection and whatnot. Yes it would be awsome to have, but I would rather have more game than more online...

@Rodimus: Didnt rival schools 2 have the board game as well? even the first one? i would be sad if they ported Star Gladiator instead of these :lol:[/QUOTE]

Rival Schools 2 did, but since it was all in japanese I never played it too much. I forgot about a Star Gladiator collection, and I'm sure well see one for the PSP in the near future.

hmm first news on the SCIII hitting arcades... seems interesting that there is a semi Tekken.net type of thing going with the barcode cell phone use... finally a thing the US can use... http://games.ign.com/articles/689/689293p1.html theres also screens near the bottom.

also, some more VF5 goodness... im actually starting to like it more and more the more i learn about it more (...more...).

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/689/689674p1.html

this link focuses a bit more on VF5.

http://games.ign.com/articles/689/689284p1.html

Ill ask my question from the last thread, does anyone know if there was supposed to be a poster with the Street Fighter arcade stick or was it just my imagination.

I would shell out good money for a Rival Schools port

[quote name='Kuma']Ill ask my question from the last thread, does anyone know if there was supposed to be a poster with the Street Fighter arcade stick or was it just my imagination.

I would shell out good money for a Rival Schools port[/QUOTE]
There was supposed to be a poster with the stick. I think it was with all the cast

I hope they rerelease SC3 with the changes from the arcade version. And hopefully it comes out on the Xbox with online play!

All that talk about SCEA's anti-2D/SNK, is it even real? Look at KoF02/03 and Metal Slug 4/5. Could it just be that SNK isn't releasing its games on the US PS2?

[quote name='Stice']All that talk about SCEA's anti-2D/SNK, is it even real? Look at KoF02/03 and Metal Slug 4/5. Could it just be that SNK isn't releasing its games on the US PS2?[/QUOTE]

Sony wants SNK to release all their games as a bundle pack, since SNK is insitent on charging top dollar for its games.... if they want to do that, they need to bundle, since nobody pays $40 - $50 for SNK games anyways outside of this thread.

I guess SNK got sick of bundling / had nothing to bundle the games with, so they gave up. Talks between the two just fell apart, as well.

Ben Herman, the president of SNK USA, has said that in 2007 they will bring their games out to the ps2 as value games, i.e cheap price and Sony won't care what goes on the system anymore, similar to ps one. I'm willing to wait and see if he'll stay true to his word.

Everything Roufuss said is on the money. To be honest I am glad Microsoft gives SNK love. If it wasn't for the Xbox we might never have gotten the SNK games we do have. The PS2 dominates the Japanese RPG market in North America and the Xbox pretty much dominates the 2D fighting market. It doesn't seem like much now, but true gamers remember who gives them what they want.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Everything Roufuss said is on the money. To be honest I am glad Microsoft gives SNK love. If it wasn't for the Xbox we might never have gotten the SNK games we do have. The PS2 dominates the Japanese RPG market in North America and the Xbox pretty much dominates the 2D fighting market. It doesn't seem like much now, but true gamers remember who gives them what they want.[/QUOTE]

We get alot of good stuff from Sony... its just too bad SNK dosen't feel like lowering the prices of their games to bring them out over here, which was the original argument. Sony said "they won't sell at high prices so lower them" and the SNK president of Japan said something along the lines of "they sell for high prices in Japan, we should not have to lower them". That's when talks pretty much broke down.

Now it seems that all the SNK titles come out here on the Xbox for $29.99... I wish talks would open up again between Sony and SNK but it seems like its not meant to be. Maybe when they become value priced we'll see stuff like the Last Blade collection and Garou: MOTW.

I love 2d fighters, but it's hard for me to even stomach paying $30 for one old game with slightly below average graphics, espically when Capcom gives me things like Street Fighter Collection for $30 (and apparently, even that had trouble selling, since they had to lower it to $20).

[quote name='Roufuss']
I love 2d fighters, but it's hard for me to even stomach paying $30 for one old game with slightly below average graphics, espically when Capcom gives me things like Street Fighter Collection for $30 (and apparently, even that had trouble selling, since they had to lower it to $20).[/QUOTE]

Xbox Live functionality is why I don't mind the $30 price tag. I can see why people would want them cheaper on the PS2 since they don't have that.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Don't get me wrong, I'm for collections, but you have to admit the collections are getting monotonous and well-worn. Now a Capcom Puzzle Collection is coming out. Sooner or later they're gonna run out of things to "collect." I just want something new. Damnit Capcom, you suck![/QUOTE]
I totally agree. I like the idea of collections but only for budget prices. I hate when they rerelease games like SFA Alpha for $40. Its a rip off. Dont get me wrong playing these classics on a portable system is great and its also great for the people who have never played these titles. But waht about the people for played both powere stones hours on end. We need a new one. Enough with the collections. Give me a new Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Powerstone or something. And Capcom Fighting Evolution doesnt count.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Xbox Live functionality is why I don't mind the $30 price tag. I can see why people would want them cheaper on the PS2 since they don't have that.[/QUOTE]

If it's online then that's worth a couple extra bucks. That's the reason I got rid of my PS2 fighters and bought them all back on X-Box.

I made my second trip to 8 On The Break on Saturday! There was another tournament event going on, called "Breakdown." Oh man, the hysteria surrounding the MvC 2 machine was unbelievable. I was busy playing UMK3 a few feet away and suddenly this HUGE commotion busts out... I had no idea what was going on but apparently some big upset had just occurred in the tourney. And the commotion continued throughout the next several matches... people literally screaming and jumping up and down, it was nuts!!!! Ha ha this one guy kept jumping around and shouting "Mag-ne-to! Mag-ne-to!" And the whole thing was being recorded on video of course. Seriously you would think you were in the heart of Japan or something... it was deeply touching to see this much enthusiasm for gaming!

Didn't play in any tourneys but I had a ton of fun just watching. I was there to play UMK3, and to my delight the machine was set to free play so I went nuts. Videos of that will be up soon. What's annoying is that, while I had some good performances on tape, I absolutely KICKED ASS every time the camera was down. :whistle2:x Ha ha, I had a sweet win against this guy Phi (my one and only win against him) and now only the select few in attendance can vouch for me.:twoguns:

One other cool thing is that I got to see some live joystick surgery. The high kick button was a little off, so Phi and Shock pulled up the control panel and messed around with the switches a bit. That was fascinating to watch! After that everything felt a lot tighter.

Oh and on a side note, the cheese steaks there are great! Awesome price too... only $4 total for the cheese steak, fries, and a drink. :mrgreen:

I haven't ever participated in one of these threads, but damn does King of Fighters XI need to come out over here. Just the fact that they're throwing B. Jenet from Garou into the KoF tournament is awesome.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']If it's online then that's worth a couple extra bucks. That's the reason I got rid of my PS2 fighters and bought them all back on X-Box.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I always try to get the Xbox version if there is a choice. I just wish the 360's BC wasn't so half-assed.

I need to find a new DVD drive for my Xbox, I cant even play a full game of 3rd Strike without the thing giving in

[quote name='karsh']I haven't ever participated in one of these threads, but damn does King of Fighters XI need to come out over here. Just the fact that they're throwing B. Jenet from Garou into the KoF tournament is awesome.[/QUOTE]

i couldn't agree with you more. Jenet is my favorite character from MOTW. I played with her at the local arcade, adn came to the conclusion that i can't sue a stick with her for shit! I'm so used to my playstation controller that she felt almost alien to me.

[quote name='karsh']I haven't ever participated in one of these threads, but damn does King of Fighters XI need to come out over here. Just the fact that they're throwing B. Jenet from Garou into the KoF tournament is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I agree. KOFXI is great, despite Kula and Gato being too good. The OST comes out in March and is going to include an AST as well. Hopefully a port will follow soon afterwards.

Onyone have favorite Sounds from fighters? Seems that fighters have more milestones in terms of SFX and voice clips... here's my top ten in no order

-"Get Over Here!!!" MK2
-"Shoryken!" SFII
-"UuuuuuaaaaaAAAAAGH!!!!! Flay-or-eh!!!" Kyo's flame super from KoF (don't know what he's saying...)
-"Dorya!" Kazuya Tekken 5
-"Hugh!" the sound you make whenever you hit the block button in MK:Deadly Alliance
-"skink...." The sound Rolento's wire makes when he kills someone with his super SFA3
- All the death cries form SFII
-"Hey Hey, cmon cmon!" Terry from KoF
- Every sound Yamazaki makes in KoF
- Every thing Daigo says in Rival Schools

"Ay, Come on" [/heavy accent] -- Lee in T5, Tina in DoA, and more.

[quote name='Esper'][size=-1]"AH YU OKAHE?!? BUSTAH WORF!" or "ARE YOU OKAY?!? BUSTER WOLF!"-Terry Bogard from KoF series
[/size][/QUOTE]

damn beat me to it!

I'm also partial to king's "c'mon baby" taunt

iori's laugh comes to mind too.
whatever the hell it is that zangief says in his intro.
B. Jenet's "HEEEEEeeeyyy"
amano from last blade series :gomene - it just sounds soo funny when he does it!

that is all for now

speaking of ukyo, anybody want to totally destroy my newbie ass in samurai shodown 4? I'm in the fighting mood right now and am up for a little mame action

Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection is so much fun. I can't get enough of it at the arcade. Keep going back for more.

The game has already started shipping to arcades nationwide! Ask your local arcade operator about it if they're getting it!

August 2006 is way too far away for the PSP version!

Anyone play Bleach DS?

[quote name='Roufuss']Sony wants SNK to release all their games as a bundle pack, since SNK is insitent on charging top dollar for its games.... if they want to do that, they need to bundle, since nobody pays $40 - $50 for SNK games anyways outside of this thread.

I guess SNK got sick of bundling / had nothing to bundle the games with, so they gave up. Talks between the two just fell apart, as well.

Ben Herman, the president of SNK USA, has said that in 2007 they will bring their games out to the ps2 as value games, i.e cheap price and Sony won't care what goes on the system anymore, similar to ps one. I'm willing to wait and see if he'll stay true to his word.[/QUOTE]

I hope this is true, I really want Mark of Wolves to be rereleased for either PS2 or Xbox. I don't care which system as long as it comes out in the US.

zangief.gif

I guess I'm ok with this decision to release Power Stone Collection as long as Power Stone 2 supports online play. I think Power Stone 2 online would become one of the best online fighting games ever.

I'm still waiting for an Star Gladiator 3 (in American it's called Plasma Sword) game. Or another
StreetFighter Alpha EX game (EX3 doesn't count). These titles many be next for for the PSP....
How can you milk a dead cow?????? Ask Koei(dynasty warriors),EA(lord of the rings) and others. They should call these titles.....Classic Nostalgia Hits

I didn't like star gladiator that much. I felt it was mediocre at best nad... it just felt forgetable. the EX series should be revived and should include allen snider ;)

[quote name='MarkMan']Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection is so much fun. I can't get enough of it at the arcade. Keep going back for more.

The game has already started shipping to arcades nationwide! Ask your local arcade operator about it if they're getting it!

August 2006 is way too far away for the PSP version!

Anyone play Bleach DS?[/QUOTE]

Actually Mark, I was thinking about getting it but didnt want to drop that kind of money on a stinker, how good is it?

[quote name='gigan54']I didn't like star gladiator that much. I felt it was mediocre at best nad... it just felt forgetable. the EX series should be revived and should include allen snider ;)[/QUOTE]

Allen! yeah! i played a ton of SFEX2+A on PS1 a while back, but im not happy he wasnt in it. But yes... allen needs a comeback...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back