Amazon PCDD $15 Walking Dead, $10 TERA ($15 CE) + BOGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

NOTE: Preorder information is now in the second post of this thread.

War of the Roses - 10% off + free upgrade to House of York edition.

Deal of the week 9/16-9/22:

The Walking Dead (PC/MAC): $14.99 - Steam
Tera Standard Edition: $9.99 + $9.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend
Tera Collector's Edition: $14.99 + $14.99 credit for another copy to give to a friend

Please check out our newly launched Free-to-Play store when you get a moment!

I wanted to let you all know about some exciting new selection we just launched supported by a new technology.

As of today, Amazon.com will be offering Free to Play and MMO games that you can purchase virtual goods, currencies, and subscriptions for on Amazon.com. These purchases will be delivered directly into your game account. We're calling this new service Game Connect.

Amazon has teamed up with our launch partners to bring Amazon customers exclusive content and bonus offers for the opening of the Free to Play store. Here is some of the cool stuff you'll get just for linking your Amazon account with a game account:

Super MNC: Customers who link their Amazon account with a Super MNC account will receive an exclusive Team Spirit Assault Rifle. This weapon for the Assault Pro has a unique, team colored, metal barrel shroud and is only available through Amazon.

Stronghold Kingdoms: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Stronghold Kingdoms account will receive a starter pack valued at $10. This pack includes: 10 packs of strategy cards (50 cards), 100 card points, and a 7 day premium token (7 days of Premium).

Shin Megami Tensei: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Shin Megami Tensei account will receive a free Incense of Training. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive a voucher (Candle), which is exchangeable for a Heart Candle Necklace. Customers who reach level 20 during the 12 week launch period, they will receive another voucher (Depository Rental Ticket).

Rise of Immortals: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rise of Immortals account will receive a free character bundle. This exclusive bundle includes Karapyss and his alternate character skins Scarab and Pirate.

BattleSpace: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a BattleSpace account will receive 100 honor medals. By making a purchase of 3,500 Crowns, customers will also receive Commander Alya. Customers who reach level 10 before October 6th, will receive an additional 100 honor medals and ship parts set (α x20, β x4, γ x2).

Iron Grip: Marauders: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Iron Grip: Marauders account will be given a booster pack containing 5000 Gold, 2000 iron, repair truck level 2, ambulance level 2, and a tri-scout Level 1.

Allods: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Allods account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes: 4x Token of the Explorer that can be brought to the Goblin Banker in your faction's capital in exchange for an increase in the size of the customer’s bag or bank deposit box, a Medium Bag of Crystal Chips that, combined with Gold Dust in-game, allow customers to combine/upgrade runes that increase damage/healing, and an Enchanted Saddle that summons a Rank 1 horse mount.

Pirate Galaxy: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pirate Galaxy account will receive a Rapid Tank Starter Ship and 1,500 Energy to fuel the best items available.

Fiesta: Customers who purchase SparkCash to use in Fiesta will receive a 30-day swift and mighty Dark Pegasus Mount.

8BitMMO: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an 8BitMMO account will receive three, exclusive, brand-new hats. These hats are a Cowboy Hat, a Blue Baseball Cap, and a Duck. Link your account and start your 8 bit adventure today.

Aika: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with an Aika account will receive an exclusive starter package valued at $15. This pack includes a Mount and Mount Saddle. Use the mount to travel far distances in half the time and resist environmental damages. Use the Mount Saddle to lower the requirement to ride other mounts.

Knights of the Sky: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Knights of the Sky account will receive a free Happy Hour, which increases the likelihood of recruiting better Heroes. Purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon and receive a free Labor Decree, which increases Construction queues from 3 to 5, or purchase 35,000 crowns or more and receive an exclusive free Hero (valid on first purchase only). Reach level 20 before October 6th, and receive 6 items that increase resource gain by 25%. Start playing today.

Rappelz: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Rappelz. account will get an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This pack includes a Stamina Saver that stops stamina from decreasing for 1 hour, an Animal Cracker used to earn 50% more EXP for 1 hour, a Pet Resurrection Spell book that resurrects pets instantly after a fall in battle, a Feather of Summon which instantly summons a friend to aide in battle, and a Hidden Village Pass that gives 7 days of access to the exclusive Hidden Village.

Luvinia: Customers who make any purchase of SparkCash to use in Luvinia will receive a 30-day Flying Griffin Mount.

Flyff: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Flyff account will receive an exclusive starter package, valued at $15. This package contains a Magic Broom that allows customers to start flying immediately, bypassing the level 20 requirement, an S Protect Gift Box which will allow customers to upgrade an item to create stronger stats right from the start, a random Gift Box that contains something special, a Police Outfit, and a Kitty Pet to help collect loot.

Steel Legions: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a NEW Steel Legions account will receive one of three different, fully equipped premium tanks.

Pandora Saga: Customers who link their Amazon accounts with a Pandora Saga account will receive a Beginner Gear set. Customers who purchase 3,500 Crowns or more through Amazon will receive Recipe: Wing Shield Vol. 1 (first time purchasers only). Customers who reach Level 20 before October 6th will receive a horse mount.

And that's just the free stuff you get with linking.

We're also carrying the games below and offering Amazon exclusive in-game packs for each game which provide a higher value than normal virtual good purchases.

World of Tanks: Customers can purchase three different Amazon-exclusive World of Tanks packs: Starter Pack, Advanced Pack, and Expert Pack.

Runescape: Customers who purchase a 90 or 180 day membership package for Runescape will receive an exclusive Golden Katana.

War Inc. Battle Zone: Customers are able to purchase three different War Inc. Battle Zone Amazon exclusive packs: the Merc Pack, Heroic Pack, and Kill Em All Pack

Pre-Order Borderlands 2 from us for 10% off and help me get a tattoo! Yes it activates on Steam!

I am a huge Borderlands 2 fan and I want this to be our best selling pre-order ever. So I've drawn a line in the sand. If, from now until launch, we take 40,000 more preorders than where we were on 7/2/2012 I will get a Borderlands tattoo on my back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='teknikalei']That sounds like an interesting strategy - have you had the need to use any of those backups yet? Physically backing up my online purchases hadn't even occurred to me.

It's weird how much I've bought into the digital download model - I still love my consoles, but I am buying a LOT of games from Amazon and Steam lately.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that if you ever NEEDED the backup, then that would mean the server/company you bought it from is closed and you can't re-download the game, meaning that any keys that needed to be validated upon install would not be confirmed. The backup is useless on any kind or DRM game (amazon/steam keys) that can't "call home".

Is there a way to find new digital download titles recently added to Amazon? I'm not referring to newly released titles as much as older games that were recently added to Amazon. For example, just recently (as far as I could tell) mass effect 1 was added as a digital download.

Tony you had mentioned your team is adding back catalogue titles from time to time, wanted to see how I could find them.

thanks!

[quote name='walkonshadows']Keep in mind that if you ever NEEDED the backup, then that would mean the server/company you bought it from is closed and you can't re-download the game, meaning that any keys that needed to be validated upon install would not be confirmed. The backup is useless on any kind or DRM game (amazon/steam keys) that can't "call home".[/QUOTE]
If I understand it right, Amazon does not add any DRM to their downloaded games. So the bits you burn to a DVD will always work unless the origial publisher is no longer accepting the keys - e.g. if EA stops accepting online activations of their own codes. And for the recent DRM-free games, the downloaded 'copies' will always work regardless of Amazon - assuming windows XX still runs them.

Am I right?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Since I'm tempted by the $7.50 price for all those Genesis classics, I'm curious how the emulator "blows." Does it stretch the image? No graphical customization options? Bad button response? Big ugly borders around games running in the 4:3 aspect ratio? Any of those [for me] would result in a lost sale.

Either way, I've dealt with SEGA's PC emulators in the past with the DOS "Smash Packs" from the mid-90's. The newest PC version of Sonic CD, which runs on the "Retro Engine," as well as Jet Grind/Set Radio's current-gen (Plus PC) announcement gave me hope that SEGA's been really busy with their emulator programming.[/QUOTE]
1: Somewhat wonky audio (but no commercial emulator seems to get this right)
2: It has four display filters: None, Linear, TV, and Enhanced. Source
3: The game selection menu is a bit slow.
4: If your video card sucks then playing the game is going to be a chore - I tried these games on a crappy GeForce 8400 GS. It ran TF2 in low to medium settings fine, but it couldn't handle this emulator.

In the end it's up to you to decide.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']1: Somewhat wonky audio (but no commercial emulator seems to get this right)
4: If your video card sucks then playing the game is going to be a chore - I tried these games on a crappy GeForce 8400 GS. It ran TF2 in low to medium settings fine, but it couldn't handle this emulator.

In the end it's up to you to decide.[/QUOTE]
Your very first point, inaccurate audio, is definitely a reason to avoid this pack. Games like Shining Force II are particularly memorable for me, and I'd hate to hear the audio butchered by a bad emulator.

When the emulator is the biggest part of the port and will be used to market whole collections of games, it makes sense to have it emulate the audio perfectly. (It sounds like its poorly optimized for the PC, as well.) It's a shame, since I've played "Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection" on a PS3, and all those titles ran very nicely. (I don't recall inconsistent audio in the titles I sampled, either.)

This is a definite pass for me - Thank you for your input, Mr. Sniper.

Hey guys,

Bunch of comments here I want to respond to in depth, and will do so later this evening. Swamped in meetings today.

Something I feel the need to comment on regarding physical prices vs. Digital is that you have to remember that the way retail works on the physical side is that you buy XXX number of an actual box, which then sits in a warehouse and hope that you bought the same amount that people want to buy.

So alot of time what happens is people look at the tons of boxes they paid for but aren't selling and decide they need to recoup SOME of their dollars for them, thus the random "sales" you see on the boxed product side.

While inventory management isn't something the digital side needs to deal with, we still have to pay a similar cost per unit sold, so unless we've got a planned promotion in place it doesn't make sense to match physical goods. Which is why we don't.

Hope this explains things better...I didn't realize this was how things worked either until I worked in retail.

Cheers,
Tony

Everything in the SEGA Genesis collection is handled by a single launch.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']1: Somewhat wonky audio (but no commercial emulator seems to get this right)

In the end it's up to you to decide.[/QUOTE]

I own a lot of the actual carts and play them on my original Genesis system when I want to bother hooking it up. I've got to tell you... any small gripes I may have about the way the games are emulated are easily balanced out by the fact that I can play them from my PC with zero hassle.

So... long story short. If you're a real fan - no these don't replace the original carts (I cry at that thought) - but it is a GREAT way to enjoy the games right from your PC. I don't mind throwing SEGA a few extra bills so that they don't forget all us Genesis/MD/MasterSystem fans out there.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Hey guys, I submitted the PM for that this morning but it looks like there wasn't anyone around to approve it. My bad, if the price is still in place tomorrow I'll follow up when we're all in the office.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Any word on this Amnesia price match?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Your very first point, inaccurate audio, is definitely a reason to avoid this pack. Games like Shining Force II are particularly memorable for me, and I'd hate to hear the audio butchered by a bad emulator.

When the emulator is the biggest part of the port and will be used to market whole collections of games, it makes sense to have it emulate the audio perfectly. (It sounds like its poorly optimized for the PC, as well.) It's a shame, since I've played "Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection" on a PS3, and all those titles ran very nicely. (I don't recall inconsistent audio in the titles I sampled, either.)

This is a definite pass for me - Thank you for your input, Mr. Sniper.[/QUOTE]No sweat. I personally couldn't get past the title screen on Phantasy Star IV on the PS2 Genesis collection... some stuff worked, some didn't.

[quote name='hal']Everything in the SEGA Genesis collection is handled by a single launch.

I own a lot of the actual carts and play them on my original Genesis system when I want to bother hooking it up. I've got to tell you... any small gripes I may have about the way the games are emulated are easily balanced out by the fact that I can play them from my PC with zero hassle.

So... long story short. If you're a real fan - no these don't replace the original carts (I cry at that thought) - but it is a GREAT way to enjoy the games right from your PC. I don't mind throwing SEGA a few extra bills so that they don't forget all us Genesis/MD/MasterSystem fans out there.[/QUOTE]I would give Sega my money if only they put some thought and effort into these packs instead of them being obvious cash grabs. The console Genesis / Sega collections were great... so why aren't these even half as good? :(

If you don't have the games, then this is fine, but if you do well, this isn't. :p

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']No sweat. I personally couldn't get past the title screen on Phantasy Star IV on the PS2 Genesis collection... some stuff worked, some didn't.

I would give Sega my money if only they put some thought and effort into these packs instead of them being obvious cash grabs. The console Genesis / Sega collections were great... so why aren't these even half as good? :(

If you don't have the games, then this is fine, but if you do well, this isn't. :p[/QUOTE]
I understand what you are saying and I don't disagree that it would be nice to have perfect emulation and a few extras. From my perspective though, the price is right - 48 games for about seven bucks. It's more of a convenience I suppose and everyone probably wants something different from packs like these.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Any chance we'll see a pre-order deal for Binary Domain? ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in this too. It gets good user reviews, so I hope you guys don't pass it up (release is set for April 6). It looks like it'll be a Steamworks title, and I'm definitely fine with that. I prefer to buy my Steam games on Amazon anyway in case I ever have to deal with customer service.

[quote name='avwjase']Any word on this Amnesia price match?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Gamestop price is still good and has been all day. I'm assuming all the hamsters were at the meetings with Tony but hopefully he can still get this matched for you. I already own it, but highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Oh, hai new thread! Was wondering why nothing showed up in my subscriptions.

If you keep putting nba 2k12 on sale, I'll be powerless to resist. In fact, I'll probably just go buy it this round, even though it's going to be sitting behind ME3 for a good while. Just wish steam would put it on sale (or better yet, it activated on steam)

[quote name='avwjase']Any word on this Amnesia price match?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Yeah, the Gamestop price is still good and has been all day. I'm assuming all the hamsters were at the meetings with Tony but hopefully he can still get this matched for you. I already own it, but highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.[/QUOTE]

This just went through sorry for the delay. The hamsters and I were doing performance reviews all day...needless to say this did not reflect well on the "Close attention to detail" portion of their performance evaluation. One was fed to Mr. Pig.

Price should flip in 30 min.

[quote name='CheapThomas']Is there a way to find new digital download titles recently added to Amazon? I'm not referring to newly released titles as much as older games that were recently added to Amazon. For example, just recently (as far as I could tell) mass effect 1 was added as a digital download.

Tony you had mentioned your team is adding back catalogue titles from time to time, wanted to see how I could find them.

thanks![/QUOTE]

This is a great suggestion and one that I'll pass along to our site merchandiser.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Any chance we'll see a pre-order deal for Binary Domain? ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilant']I'd be interested in this too. It gets good user reviews, so I hope you guys don't pass it up (release is set for April 6). It looks like it'll be a Steamworks title, and I'm definitely fine with that. I prefer to buy my Steam games on Amazon anyway in case I ever have to deal with customer service.[/QUOTE]

I need to ping Sega about this. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='houdinilogic']Oh, hai new thread! Was wondering why nothing showed up in my subscriptions.

If you keep putting nba 2k12 on sale, I'll be powerless to resist. In fact, I'll probably just go buy it this round, even though it's going to be sitting behind ME3 for a good while. Just wish steam would put it on sale (or better yet, it activated on steam)[/QUOTE]

Hey there, should I update the old thread again letting people know the new one exists?

Also, glad you're psyched about the NBA 2K12 sale :).

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This just went through sorry for the delay. The hamsters and I were doing performance reviews all day...needless to say this did not reflect well on the "Close attention to detail" portion of their performance evaluation. One was fed to Mr. Pig.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Haha that comment cracked me up. Hopefully the remaining hamsters learned their lesson though...

On topic, keep up the good work getting these deals together. I might also be interested in Binary Domain so hopefully you can get that from Sega.

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This just went through sorry for the delay. The hamsters and I were doing performance reviews all day...needless to say this did not reflect well on the "Close attention to detail" portion of their performance evaluation. One was fed to Mr. Pig.

Price should flip in 30 min.

[/QUOTE]

Price for Amnesia has flipped for those waiting.

Tony,
If I click any of the 1st page links (with the CAG referral code) and then navigate to other products on Amazon and purchase them does the site still get the referral credit?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='mokmoof']Great sale! Any possibility of the Sonic Generations Casino Night DLC or Sonic CD being added to the fun?[/QUOTE]

I've been missing out! Sonic Generations is a steal at that price. The physical copy still runs you about $20-$25. I'm definitely going to look into more digital games. What's the DLC for Sonic Generations?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I've been missing out! Sonic Generations is a steal at that price. The physical copy still runs you about $20-$25. I'm definitely going to look into more digital games. What's the DLC for Sonic Generations?[/QUOTE]

Casino Nights DLC i think its jsut some pinball minigame thing

[quote name='houdinilogic']I hope that the amazon DD service mythos continues to grow in complexity/absurdity.[/QUOTE]

Mr. Pig will likely make appearances from time to time given that no one shouted about hating him. I imagine I'll use him to announce major sale events...who doesn't love a cute cat?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Price for Amnesia has flipped for those waiting.

Tony,
If I click any of the 1st page links (with the CAG referral code) and then navigate to other products on Amazon and purchase them does the site still get the referral credit?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it is cookie based so as long as you click through on one of his links before purchasing (without clicking on another affiliate link like slickdeals) he'll get the credit...and not just for game purchases...for anything you purchase on Amazon for a set period of time.

Cheers,
Tony

I just got Sonic Generations and was pleasantly surprised to find it supported 3D via Side-by-side (which works on most, if not all, 3DTVs). Does anyone know if any other PC games have native 3D without having to use drivers outside of the game?

Hey T-Money,

I was wondering if you will have Dungeon Siege III for $5 that you had over the holidays because I am still kicking myself for not buying that?

Also it looks like THQ is having sales every where so they might be open to have a sale on Amazon PCDDs and I would pick Saints Row the Third Season Pass if you could get it under $10.

Just some ideas for weeks deals. Thanks for all the amazing deals and communication like always.

Any word on when Mass Effect 2 can drop to $5 again? My insignificant other has been wanting to play it, and we missed the last time it dropped to $5.

In other news, I just purchased one of those $10 GC for $5. It's kinda silly, making a big fuss over saving $5 but still. Will probably end up using it on hopefully a great deal in the upcoming weeks.

Yeah, I am surprised there isn't more buzz here about the Amazonlocal deal getting a $10 giftcard for $5. I just did it, got the gift card within 5 minutes and have already bought Amnesia and Penumbra Collection. Effective price after gift card, $2.50 each!!!

[quote name='headpiece747']
Also it looks like THQ is having sales every where so they might be open to have a sale on Amazon PCDDs and I would pick Saints Row the Third Season Pass if you could get it under $10.
[/QUOTE]

The Season Pass DLC is selling for $10 right now on Gamersgate. It's not THQ so they can't claim unfair publisher advantage to that sale. ;-)

Amazon on the other hand is giving 4 cents off of it. *chuckle* I imagine that must be a system generated discount or something. I can't see hamsters turning for 4 cents.

What's the verdict on the Penumbra pack? As good as/better than Amnesia? Will I like it if I'm into RE4/5 or Dead Space?

Mainly, the clunky controls kept me from the original RE games, but if this handles better...

[quote name='Garbanzo']Yeah, I am surprised there isn't more buzz here about the Amazonlocal deal getting a $10 giftcard for $5. I just did it, got the gift card within 5 minutes and have already bought Amnesia and Penumbra Collection. Effective price after gift card, $2.50 each!!![/QUOTE]

Noticed it has a seperate thread on it, just surprised no one mentioned it in this thread until this morning. It's a match made in heaven for Tony's deals and price matches.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gomikeoh']+1 interest for Binary Domain, if it helps the cause![/QUOTE]

Thanks guys! I definitely forwarded on a note to my boss, who manages the Sega relationship, about this last night. Stay tuned!

[quote name='headpiece747']Hey T-Money,

I was wondering if you will have Dungeon Siege III for $5 that you had over the holidays because I am still kicking myself for not buying that?

Just some ideas for weeks deals. Thanks for all the amazing deals and communication like always.[/QUOTE]

I'm working on this for an upcoming sale in early April, hopefully I'll have more news this week.

[quote name='lilboo']Any word on when Mass Effect 2 can drop to $5 again? My insignificant other has been wanting to play it, and we missed the last time it dropped to $5.

In other news, I just purchased one of those $10 GC for $5. It's kinda silly, making a big fuss over saving $5 but still. Will probably end up using it on hopefully a great deal in the upcoming weeks.[/QUOTE]

I'll have more news on an ME 1 & 2 sale again towards the end of this week :).

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Sonic Adventure 4 activates on Steam right? I'm thinking about ordering a copy.[/QUOTE]

It does!

[quote name='Motoki']The Season Pass DLC is selling for $10 right now on Gamersgate. It's not THQ so they can't claim unfair publisher advantage to that sale. ;-)

Amazon on the other hand is giving 4 cents off of it. *chuckle* I imagine that must be a system generated discount or something. I can't see hamsters turning for 4 cents.[/QUOTE]

Gamersgate is an international retailer, which we don't match unfortunately. Their business model and agreements are too radically different to support that kind of program.

[quote name='Garbanzo']Noticed it has a seperate thread on it, just surprised no one mentioned it in this thread until this morning. It's a match made in heaven for Tony's deals and price matches.[/QUOTE]

My neighbor is actually my counterpart at Amazon Local, I'm going to give him crap for not mentioning this to me.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Gamersgate is an international retailer, which we don't match unfortunately. Their business model and agreements are too radically different to support that kind of program.
[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiousity, who do you guys pricematch? Steam, Gamestop DD (aka Impulse), Gamefly PC Downloads (aka Direct2Drive), anyone else?

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']What's the verdict on the Penumbra pack? As good as/better than Amnesia? Will I like it if I'm into RE4/5 or Dead Space?

Mainly, the clunky controls kept me from the original RE games, but if this handles better...[/QUOTE]

I played through most of the first penumbra. It is a first person adventure game and handles exactly like a FPS (minus the weapons) so it definitely handles better than the original RE games (I hate how those handle as well). It's a great game IMO if you know what you are expecting (an adventure game with first person controls). Some people seem to have wanted more combat in the game and dislike it because of that, but that's not what the game is about at all.

I almost want to bite on Sonic 4, but I think eventually Amazon/Steam will have that 75% off for $2.49.. probably when episode 2 comes out.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I played through most of the first penumbra. It is a first person adventure game and handles exactly like a FPS (minus the weapons) so it definitely handles better than the original RE games (I hate how those handle as well). It's a great game IMO if you know what you are expecting (an adventure game with first person controls). Some people seem to have wanted more combat in the game and dislike it because of that, but that's not what the game is about at all.[/QUOTE]

The Penumbra games are great. A lot of people (including myself) feel that combat in the first games is one of the worst elements. Thankfully, in the later games they removed combat and focused on the puzzles, creepy environments, and avoiding enemies rather than fighting them. Not surprisingly, they went with this format afterwards in Amnesia.

[quote name='Motoki']Just out of curiousity, who do you guys pricematch? Steam, Gamestop DD (aka Impulse), Gamefly PC Downloads (aka Direct2Drive), anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Those 3 are our primary competitors in the marketplace and the ones we have systems in place to match. I'm not sure there are other US based DD platforms that aren't owned by the publishers.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Those 3 are our primary competitors in the marketplace and the ones we have systems in place to match. I'm not sure there are other US based DD platforms that aren't owned by the publishers.

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

I can't think of any other US based non Publisher owned DD stores off the top of my head either unless you get into the casual realm (ie Big Fish etc).

I suppose it bears noting though that Origin has started selling non-EA games.

[quote name='metalkidz']If i buy this 10$ gift card: http://local.amazon.com/portland-eastside-vancouver
Can i use for buying Amazon Game Downloads? Thanks[/QUOTE]
There's a thread about this but in case folks click on the link above - if you go to amazonlocal.com, you can buy a $10 amazon gift card for $5 - so that would be just in time for the early April sale.

it's apparently one per billing address.

[quote name='juanjava']I bought it, it says I have to wait for the process on "My Vouchers" page... and now it's gone. No gift card anywhere. No mail, anything! What's up? I don't know if they debit me, who can I contact?[/QUOTE]
They mention due to a high volume, it may take several hours for it to process.

[quote name='CheapThomas']They mention due to a high volume, it may take several hours for it to process.[/QUOTE]

They should at least post a "processing" message on "my vouchers" page... IMHO

[quote name='vince_carter']Tony, will you guys be price matching shogun 2's steam sale? I have an amazon credit i'd really like to use on it.[/QUOTE]

Yep, hamsters are running as we speak.

Cheers,
Tony

Everyone stop recommending games. I just bought Amnesia when I have only about 4 or 5 hours to play video games per week, and my backlog is about 30 games long on steam. =[ lol

I have yet to finish Medieval 2 total war so that will hold me off on getting shogun 2 at the moment after the price match....hopefully..... >.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']What's the verdict on the Penumbra pack? As good as/better than Amnesia? Will I like it if I'm into RE4/5 or Dead Space?

Mainly, the clunky controls kept me from the original RE games, but if this handles better...[/QUOTE]

Here is a perfect review of Amnesia. I just beat it last Saturday and it is a great game. Play it with surround sound headphones in the dark to get the full experience.

It is better than Penumbra but both games are great. If I had to go with just one, I'd go with Amnesia without doubt. The water monster parts are some of my favorite gaming moments in history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXuIZstyM7E

[quote name='jedik']Everyone stop recommending games. I just bought Amnesia when I have only about 4 or 5 hours to play video games per week, and my backlog is about 30 games long on steam. =[ lol

I have yet to finish Medieval 2 total war so that will hold me off on getting shogun 2 at the moment after the price match....hopefully..... >.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back