CAG contest is over....Congrats to Super_Nerd!

Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1 or PSP) The dark storyline is to this day this strongest I've ever seen in a game (imo of course) and the gameplay is so enjoyable and deep for me that even to this day I can still manage to approach every battle differently from past playthroughs and still enjoy it. Which is saying something because I've owned the game since it came out and can still bring myself to play it today from start to finish like it is no big deal.

"-------------------------
PSN Card
$15 Subway Card

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Fantasy 7 I played it when I was in the 4th grade and still its my favorite game. It got me to love RPG's and I still have very good memories of playing it. It was a challenging game to me considering I was in the 4th grade and not many kids at that age play those type of games.

Mario RPG: legend of the seven stars! This game was amazing for it's time and even amazing now! It brough RPGs and Mario to a whole new level. The gameplay was fantastic, the story was awesome, and the character designs were great. I have played this game many times and enjoy it every time I play it.

Ninja Gaiden for the NES. There are many reasons why it's my fav that go beyond gaming, but I will keep it simple. Playing it as a kid made me feel like I was invincible. The cut scenes, story, characters, music, it was just an amazing game for it's time. I would come home from school and just sit in my room and play over and over again. I could run through that game then and even now without dying, and still play it at least twice a week. It is and will always be my all time favorite game.

TF2. It forces teammates to work together, and it's really easy for anyone to pick up. It's very original, and the Valve team continues to update it on a regular basis. IMO, it is the best multiplayer game in Valve's library.

My favorite game of all time is the remake of the original Resident Evil on Gamecube. There are two reasons why:

The first being that just playing it was a bit of a challenge I gave myself. I watched my brother play the original when I was really young, and it scared the crap out of me. So much so that I had dreams about the game for years. Sounds stupid, I know. But when I was about 13 or so, I found out there was a remake for Gamecube so I went out and bought it, determined I would play through and beat the game myself.

The second reason is that, once I played it, I was amazed by the game. The Spencer Mansion has got to be one of the most memorable game environments ever. At the time I played it, I really only had been playing Mario games, and I believe I had just finished Mario Sunshine before going into RE. So it was a whole new type of game to me. Limited ammo, zombies that still come back if you don't burn their corpses, countless B.O.W.s trying to kill you. It still scared the crap out of me, but man was it fun.

That was the game that showed me there was more to gaming than what existed in Mario's world. Resident Evil is what turned me into a gamer.

My favorite game would probably be Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time. Sure the graphics are outdated now but I still think that the puzzles and the challenge still stand out even till this day.

You're kinda putting me on the spot here, butttt I'll go with Perfect Dark 64. The mutiplayer was so much fun. From the lag filled four player to pretending your a crappy NPC, then BAM light up player one!

My favorite game of all time is probably Paper Mario for its blend of unique humor, inventive gameplay, an original take on the Mario universe, and it's timeless charm.

My Favorite game is Far Cry Instincts for Xbox. It was the first game I ever played on LIVE, its a FPS merc game with stealth, run N gun, vehicles(jet skis, a glider, hummer), tree traps, zip lines, claymores, pipe bombs & you name it(I grew up watching Rambo LOL). The game engine at the time was just as good as Halo 2's or Half Life's & they included a sandbox editor in multiplayer(with Predator mode!) keeping the game alive for 3-4 years. Plus it had an awesome singleplayer campaign!

One of my favorite games is Warcraft 3 RoC and FT. I enjoy RTS games and WC3 improved a lot of things lacking in Starcraft in my opinion. I loved the characters, the story, and the cut scenes in the single player campaigns, and I love all the different user made maps (especially the tower defense games and DotA). I love playing ladder even though I lose a lot. WC3 is a game I can keep going back to and I do.

Wow this is hard.

I guess if I had to pick my most favorite game it'd be the game that really got me into gaming. That game was Diablo 2, it was a game I absolutely loved as a kid and still get nostalgic for once in a while, and still enjoy.

If I actually won I'd take the PSN / Subway card.

Nothing better than munching on a Tuna sub while playing some new games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably Guild Wars... While I've played other games and liked them more over the short term, Guild Wars keeps me coming back... it was also my first MMORPG. Not having subscription fees doesn't hurt either.

Ocarina of Time hands-down. It may be nostalgia talking, but as my first Zelda game and a game I played to near-completion as a child, it stands as my most memorable gaming experience ever.

It is a tough decision but i would have to go with Warcraft II for the PC. I played that game to death and loved every minute of it. It modernized what i felt an RTS should be and loved the story and gameplay.

My favorite game is a toss-up between the Uncharted series and the Gears of War series. I might like Uncharted more, but for some reason I've been fangirling over GoW lately. PM me if you know where I can find a GoW baby tee or metal logo earrings!

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time for N64 - a pure classic with great gameplay and puzzles I love playing again and again even to this day.

Category - 1600 MS points

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - I never play any game as much as SW:KOTOR(7 complete playthroughs, and several experimental characters I still play from time to time). This is The Star Wars Universe made new, with a story better than Episode I or II, that allows me to pick my path(good, bad, somewhere in between), allows me to choose my weapon(blasters, swords, lightsabers, the force), and keeps me wondering("what if I do this instead?"). Sure bigger games come along(Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Grand Theft Auto IV) offering even more freedom(Fallout 3, Dragon Age Origins), but they don't measure up against the complete journey(story, music, gameplay) that is SW:KOTOR.

Street Fighter IV. It has brought me back into fighting games in general and I am loving every minute of it. Like when I was little and played Killer Instinct without even realizing I spent so much time playing in one sitting figuring out combos and such.

I'll have to go with Metal Gear Solid. It raised storytelling in video games to new heights and redefined stealth action for a new generation. I can't even calculate how many times I've beaten that game.

By the way, thanks for running this contest, OP.

Space Station Silicon Valley (N64).

Screwy (in a good way) characters and "Eye of the Tiger" played before two kangaroos box it out. Not to mention hovering sheep, rats with explosive feces, helicopter penguins, and a love story between a dog and a sheep (both of whom have thrown off the shackles of society)...

That ends tragically and hilariously.

To this day, it's still View Point for the Neo-Geo system. How oddly gratifying that a 1992 game would still captivate and dazzle me darned near 20 years later. Never played a better game, and never *ever* enjoyed game music more. Still the champ after all of these years.

I'd have to say Ico. It was the first game that actually evoked emotion out me as an adult. I had taken a hiatus from video games for a few years, and it was the first one to actually get a genuine emotional reaction out of me since I was a kid.

The Legend of Zelda: a link to the past, I couldn't even tell you how many times I've beaten this game, I can tell you the first time was in 1992 and the last time was in the summer of 2009. There is nothing I don't like about this game the music, the graphics, the story, whenever I'm looking into getting a next gen RPG the first thing I'll ask is "ya but is it like zelda??"

After all these years, mine is still The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I've beat the game at least a dozen times, and I come back to it every year for the fun puzzles and great soundtrack. Just ace.

Killer 7 will be my pick, as hard as it is to not put Psychonauts. Killer 7, aside from being one of the oddest games ever made, stands out for telling an adult story (and adult in the sense of complex and deep, symbolic yet lacking pretentiousness) in a very rewarding way. It's post-modern and punk, has a great sense of humor and atmosphere, and the music is fantastic. Unwinding the weird to find more and more nuggets of cohesion was one of the most satisfying game experiences I've ever had, and stands as a true triumph. And hopefully you played it on GCN or your loading between Smiths was atrocious.

Gunstar heroes for Genesis. I just remember sitting down for hours each weekend with my cousin and beating it every weekend. It was just such a great game and tons of fun.

I would have to say Mag for the Ps3 i have put 90 count it 90 hours into this game so far and i am loving it soooo much the reason being is that you just cannot run around thinking it is a stupid call of duty game that takes no skill whatsoever you actually have to work as a team there is no i in team but there may be a me because if its not for me you would be dead. Refering to i run around and risk my life to heal you :)

I would have to say the entire Street Fighter series. It brings back a lot of good memories growing up and it's still going strong to this day with SF IV and now Super SF IV. I'm hoping Street Fighter will be around until I'm old and gray so I can whoop some whippersnappers ass online.

fallout 3 or bioshock... both totally pulled me in but i have alot more hours on fallout 3 than bioshock but then again i did play bioshock 3x's and fallout 3 only once....

Fave Game ever is Halo: Combat Evolved, hands down. I still play it compulsivlely. Finest FPS I've ever played. You can keep your Half-Live, Call of Duty, and even the Halo sequels. No matter how many times I beat it on legendary, it never stops being fun. Although a close second would be Resident Evil 4.

Final Fantasy IX.

Without a doubt the best and my favorite Final Fantasy game/personal title in general. The style and mood of the areas in the game coupled with a hero with a great personality, a fun story and interesting villains makes this title the top game in my eyes.

Favorite of all time would probably be Deus Ex. It was such a great mix of FPS and RPG, I hadn't played anything like it at the time.

I'd have to say Knights of the Old Republic. That game blew my mind in a way that games haven't done, for a long time. I honestly didn't see some of the curveballs coming. The story was awesome; I've rarely read novels in which the story was as cohesive and gripping. The combat was manageable and offered a number of different abilities to play with. The upgrade paths were likewise varied and interesting.

There are several games I absolutely loved (mainly by Bethesda, Bioware, or Bungie), but KoTOR was the first one to to really grab my attention for the whole time.

I'd have to say my all time favorite game is Ultima 7. I spent hundreds of hours playing that game and it's add-ons. They just don't make CRPG's like that anymore.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2 on the SNES

Think I dumped more time into that game than any other.

bread's done
Back