Darksiders II - $14.99 PS3 and XBox 360 @ Best Buy.com

[quote name='FlyingAce39']That's what happened to me! I just want to know what the hell these guys are doing to get the LE! Are you guys getting the BB LE or some kind of regular LE?[/QUOTE]

i think the cashier is forcing the 14.99 price for them - it did not automatically ring up as 14.99. i didn't want to create a problem since i am trying to fly under the radar and still boycotting them.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']That's what happened to me! I just want to know what the hell these guys are doing to get the LE! Are you guys getting the BB LE or some kind of regular LE?[/QUOTE]

I should probably clarify: the LE I got was the holofoil cover art copy with a voucher for free DLC (Argul's (sp?) Tomb I believe). It was NOT the LE that has the mask statue. That would have been crazy awesome, but honestly I haven't even seen one of those LEs in any store, just online.

Does anyone know if the DLC voucher expires? I'm wondering if I should go ahead and redeem it asap.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I should probably clarify: the LE I got was the holofoil cover art copy with a voucher for free DLC (Argul's (sp?) Tomb I believe). It was NOT the LE that has the mask statue. That would have been crazy awesome, but honestly I haven't even seen one of those LEs in any store, just online.

Does anyone know if the DLC voucher expires? I'm wondering if I should go ahead and redeem it asap.[/QUOTE]

Well, the LE's at my local store are LE's that have BB exclusives in them. Is that what you have?

There's a BB LE and a regular LE, they have different UPCs so that's why the BB one rings up at full price

Tried again. Can confirm non-BB exclusive LE did ring up to $15. No online PM needed. Very helpful floor rep even started making new display price tags to refelct sale price.

[quote name='Alien Spider']I should probably clarify: the LE I got was the holofoil cover art copy with a voucher for free DLC (Argul's (sp?) Tomb I believe). It was NOT the LE that has the mask statue. That would have been crazy awesome, but honestly I haven't even seen one of those LEs in any store, just online.

Does anyone know if the DLC voucher expires? I'm wondering if I should go ahead and redeem it asap.[/QUOTE]

The one for the armor shows expired but still works. The one for the level which you have to redeem on their website didn't work for me. I was surprised the website came up at all. This was for Xbox.

The Tomb DLC code expires on 8/21/13. You have to enter it at the website, then they will post your Xbox Live redemption code. Remember to enter the dash, or it won't work!

Do NOT pull the one with a holo slip cover, only the normal LE, with just a holo artwork on the case will ring at $15.

Anyone think there's a chance this will drop to $10 at some point in the next six months or so? The CAG in me must know.

Yup, grabbed the last limited edition (with no slip cover) at my local store and it scanned for $14.99 although the shelf and bb.com said $49.99. Thanks for sharing this deal!

Picked up the PS3 limited edition version (not BB exclusive) for 15 bucks no override or anything. If for some reason though that edition starts to ring up 15 or 20 bucks or so I would defiantly return mine for that one.

A day or so ago my local Best Buy had 3 regular editions and 3 limited editions. None of the BB exclusive LE. Today when I went there was only 1 regular and 1 limited. Both were hidden behind some used games but both were brand new. Someone tried to hide them for sure. I grabbed the LE and it rang up as $14.99 no override needed.

Thanks for the heads-up on this deal!

Sweet deal. Want to thank the CAG who said the Limited Edition without the Bestbuy sticker was $15. Picked up the last no sticker copy with no problem. The UPC that worked ended in 382, the other 2 had a different UPC so they might not work.

Seriously people! Why the same questions over and over again?
Here is the answer to the two questions that keep getting asked:

1- If you want to get the game for $15 you have to get the Vanilla version or the LE that DOES NOT have "BESTBUY Exclusive" On it.
2- The developer and publisher went out of business. You may find this cheaper down the road, but it's unlikely and the game may even go out of print and become scarce.

Now ask some new questions.

I went ahead and picked up the last copy at my store. I bought it around launch when I had BB match a sale TRU had that week when I could get Sleeping Dogs and DS2 for $60 total. I ended up trading it in without ever playing it due to being able to get more than I paid, but I kept the slipcover and DLC cards so I should be all set now. Still need to finish the first one as I've been sitting at about 80% for a year or so now.

can someone upload a picture of what the LE that goes for 15 looks like? i just went to the store and it rang up at 50. i don't know what i need to look for...
edit: and is there also a different SKU for it?

[quote name='ChaosLaw']can someone upload a picture of what the LE that goes for 15 looks like? i just went to the store and it rang up at 50. i don't know what i need to look for...
edit: and is there also a different SKU for it?[/QUOTE]

The LE that is selling for $15 does NOT have a Best Buy Exclusive sticker on it.
It's the LE that was available at all retailers at launch, it also does not have a slip cover on it, just a holographic game label

And the SKUs are different

[quote name='sickman']The Tomb DLC code expires on 8/21/13. You have to enter it at the website, then they will post your Xbox Live redemption code. Remember to enter the dash, or it won't work![/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this! Also, there was a pair of what I thought were zeroes (00) in my code, but when I tried to redeem the code on darksiders.com/tomb it said it was invalid. I changed them to the letter O (OO) and the code worked. :) So, if someone tries their code and it doesn't work, try replacing any zeroes you are using with O's.

I went ahead and redeemed the code for Argul's Tomb and the Crucible Pass, better to do it now while I'm thinking about it, I figured. I loved the first Darksiders, so I'm honestly pretty psyched about getting the second game at such a low price.

Also, mine was not the "Best Buy LE" (which I've never seen, I guess if my store had any they only received a few) but the "regular LE".

[quote name='dvgamer']That's probably the online listing for their exclusive LE. But it pretty much looks like that in the picture. As long as their no slip cover and BB sticker like Wolfman said it'll ring up $14.99[/QUOTE]

lol. that's what the one i found looks like, but it had the BBY sticker and rang up as 50. i'm just trying to get a picture so i can call other stores tomorrow and describe it to them before i waste more time driving around the country trying to find it. i guess i could ask them to ring it up for me.

does the DLC on it even matter? does it add to the story? add achievements?

[quote name='ChaosLaw']lol. that's what the one i found looks like, but it had the BBY sticker and rang up as 50. i'm just trying to get a picture so i can call other stores tomorrow and describe it to them before i waste more time driving around the country trying to find it. i guess i could ask them to ring it up for me.

does the DLC on it even matter? does it add to the story? add achievements?[/QUOTE]
you might as well save your money on gas. Unless you can get a manager to override the $50 price. You will not be getting it for the $14.99

[quote name='AshesofWake']Saw a shit ton in store, picked it up for 15! :D[/QUOTE]

Damn you are lucky. My store has been cleaned out of Kid Icarus and Darksiders 2 for both systems since yesterday at noon. THats because they had tons of each when I went on Wednesday for some trade ins. Never had a problem getting a deal but I think this time a hoarder beat me to them. Luckily I picked up DS2 on bestbuy.com but Icarus was already sold out.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Damn you are lucky. My store has been cleaned out of Kid Icarus and Darksiders 2 for both systems since yesterday at noon. THats because they had tons of each when I went on Wednesday for some trade ins. Never had a problem getting a deal but I think this time a hoarder beat me to them. Luckily I picked up DS2 on bestbuy.com but Icarus was already sold out.[/QUOTE]

Mine had at least 30 copies. LE and not. and they even had a price sticker in front saying 14.99! :D

[quote name='Alien Spider']Also, there was a pair of what I thought were zeroes (00) in my code, but when I tried to redeem the code on darksiders.com/tomb it said it was invalid. I changed them to the letter O (OO) and the code worked. :) So, if someone tries their code and it doesn't work, try replacing any zeroes you are using with O's.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! I just got done inputting my code, and it was giving me an error. This was the problem.

It doesn't add achievements, none of the DLC does (which the cheapass achievement hunter in me is happy about). Story I can't say. I wonder if the ones at my local store were "hidden" too, because they didn't have them when I went on my lunch break yesterday, but it said it was available for pickup right away at the store when I ordered it online (though with free shipping, I figured I'd save myself a trip).

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Damn you are lucky. My store has been cleaned out of Kid Icarus and Darksiders 2 for both systems since yesterday at noon. THats because they had tons of each when I went on Wednesday for some trade ins. Never had a problem getting a deal but I think this time a hoarder beat me to them. Luckily I picked up DS2 on bestbuy.com but Icarus was already sold out.[/QUOTE]
is this him http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-56-F...0550?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4ac17f1316 LOL

[quote name='YBX87']you might as well save your money on gas. Unless you can get a manager to override the $50 price. You will not be getting it for the $14.99[/QUOTE]

uhh...aren't people saying that there are 2 LEs and only the BBY LE rings up for 50 while the other one rings up as 15?

[quote name='ooga']Seriously people! Why the same questions over and over again?
Here is the answer to the two questions that keep getting asked:

1- If you want to get the game for $15 you have to get the Vanilla version or the LE that DOES NOT have "BESTBUY Exclusive" On it.
2- The developer and publisher went out of business. You may find this cheaper down the road, but it's unlikely and the game may even go out of print and become scarce.

Now ask some new questions.[/QUOTE]
^good post, so here it is again:

[quote name='ooga']
[/QUOTE]

the problem might be once bestbuy is sold out of stock of darksiders 2, they might not restock it like with kingdom of amalur awakening

[quote name='YBX87']the problem might be once bestbuy is sold out of stock of darksiders 2, they might not restock it like with kingdom of amalur awakening[/QUOTE]

this is exactly what ive been telling people since this sale started. just buy it now period as its not going to get cheaper than this anyway

I don't even own the first one yet (been waiting for it to come back in stock for $5 used at BB, don't think it's ever going to happen though), but I went ahead and order one. You guys scared me into buying it with the whole 'once they're gone, there're gone' thing.

im playing darksiders 2 and omg its like a badass version of zelda with elements of prince of persia, fuck this game is awsome !!!!!!! how could nobody be interested in picking up vigil studios ? they are talented game designers and know how to make a game without technical problems. i wish sony or ubisoft would gather up the vigil studio emplyees and take them in. such talent shouldnt be wasted

[quote name='YBX87']unfortunately, we are on "cheapass" gamer. Alot of ppl still think it would drop lower than $15, before bestbuy is sold out. This just confirmed my fear http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-56-F...0550?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4ac17f1316.[/QUOTE]

is this a joke ? this must be a phycho slick dealer who did that smh. before taxes he spent 840$ on all of that. hes prob not going to profit as much as hes hoping he will and thats before the ebay fees

bread's done
Back