Gamestop Game Days Sale June 2nd + 10% off coupon - LISTS ARE IN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
LISTS ARE IN - BIG UPS TP TAMMY P AND MASTER SHAKE

[quote name='Master Shake']ps3 official list
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
harry potter 00tp 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
timeshift 29.99
viking 29.99
virtua fighter 5 19.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

xbox 360

battlefield 19.99
battlestations midway 19.99
burnout revenge 19.99
command and conquer 19.99
condemned 2 29.99
def jam icon 19.99
fear 19.99
godfather 19.99
just cause 19.99
nba homecourt 19.99
need for speed carbon 19.99
sega superstar tennis 14.99
sonic 14.99
timeshift 19.99
viking 29.99
virtua tennis 3 19.99

wii official list

ben 10 14.99
fishing master 14.99
godfather 19.99
hot whees 19.99
house of dead 1 & 2 19.99 (17.99 with coupon) I think best deal
mario & sonic 29.99
mortal kombat 19.99
naruto 19.99
puppy luv 19.99
sega tennis 19.99
sims pet 2 19.99
sonic secret rings 19.99
sonic riders 19.99
super monkey 19.99
the bigs 19.99

pc games

diablo 2 lord of 9.99
dirty dancing (shure to sell a million) 9.99
guild wars eye of the north 14.99 (excellent price)
tabula rising collectors 29.99
tabula rising 14.99
warcraft 3 frozen throne 9.99
warcraft battlechest WOW ed 29.99
zoo tycoon complete 9.99

ds official list

atv/monter truck 9.99
baby pals 19.99
ben 10 14.99
dementium 14.99
digimon dawn 19.99
digimon dusk 19.99
diner dash 14.99
EA play ground 9.99
mario ans sonic 14.99
nervous breakdown 14.99
puppy luv 9.99
rafa tennis 19.99
sega tennis 14.99
sonic rush 14.99
super monkey ball 14.99
uno/ski o/ uno freefall 9.99
worms 2 9.99

PSP

after burner 19.99
atari evolved 9.99
ben 10 14.99
blitz 9.99
brave story 19.99
crazy taxi 19.99 - terible price in my opion
downstream panic 14.99
full auto 2 14.99
harvest moon 14.99
hot wheels ul racing 9.99
juiced 2 9.99
midway arcade ext plAY 9.99
MONTER HUNTER 2 - 19.99 *** BEST DEAL FOR SURE
mortal kombat deception - 9.99
sega collection - 14.99
sonic rivals - 14.99
street fighter alpha 3 max - 9.99 *** ok price
valhalla knights 19.99 - good price if you dont have it with 10% off coupon
worms 2 - 14.99

ps2

ace combat zero - 19.99
ben 10 14.99
cabelas alaskian 14.99
destroy all humans 1 0r 2 9.99
bragon ball z 3 19.99, 1 and 2 9.99
godzilla unleashed 19.99
hitman trilogy 19.99 - actullay really good price with extr 10% OFF FOR ALL 3 BRAND NEW GAMES
JAWS - 9.99
KATAMARI DAMACY - 9.99 AWSOME DEAL IF YOU GET SEALED
mortal k arma - 9.99
namco 50th 14.99
nicktoons unite 9.99
odin sperhe - 19.99 - can anyone argur with the 10% off coupon
scarface 9.99
sega gen collection 9.99
sega super star tenis 19.99
shadow the hedgehog 9.99
sonic heroes 9.99
sonic mega colection 9.99
sonic riders 9.99 (funny i think they just broke down the sonic 3 pack that was 29.99 for these
soul calibur 3 - 9.99
tomb raider legend - 9.99

umd list all are 4.99 - 4.49 with coupon
7 seconds
anacondas 2
are we there yet
bewitched
big hit
boogeyman
the cave
charlies agels
cowboy bebop
creatur comforts season 1
crouching tiger
dark crystal
deuce big europe
excorcism of emily
fifth elm
the fog 2005
fun with dick
godzilla
godzilla final wars
grudge
guess who
heavy metal
hellboy
hollow man
hostel
house of flying daggers
into the blue
joe dirt
kung fu hustle
labrynth
layer cake
legend of zorro
man of the house
mask of zorro
mirormask
not another teen movie - early Jamie pressly movie - she's soo hot
one upon mexico
rent
replacement killers
reidenr evil
RE apoc
richard pryor live
spider-man animated series
starship troopers
stealth
steamboy
stuart little 1 and 2 (both on one umd)
stuart 3
when a stranger calls
XXX state of un
you got served
zathura[/quote]

UPDATE: May 26

Yeah...still no list, BUT

CAGs have been mentioning lists received by stores and new price markings taking place. Its all a matter of us drilling employees for info or attaining the list.
-----------------------------------------------

Just noticed the Game days sale ad in the latest game informer. Last year's sale was pretty decent so its worth a thread. I'll try to post the ad and coupon later. Best part is the coupon doesn't say anything about being void if copied. No specifics yet on the sale.

"Hundreds of games and accessories up to 50% off"

Things to note:
- Should stack with edge (assuming there are used deals).
- Offer ends 6/30/08
- If you know the specifics, let us know!

Canada's Sale ( not known to be the same as the one here in the states)
http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Here's the scan...

gamedays.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='freakyzeeky']High-res scan of coupon...

GDCoupon.jpg
[/quote]

Last year most stuff was 50% off like 360 Quake 4 was 14.99 instead of 29.99. Too bad I've got all the 360 games except Battlefield and Def Jam, plus I got all of them for 10 or less new which puts half price in perspective.

[quote name='Ambientred']So there's good news and bad news.

The bad news is that due to theft problems from last year's sale, ALL Gamestops have been instructed to open EVERYTHING, so that all the sale items are empty boxes. It this is the sort of thing that really bothers you, then yea. Be prepared to be disappointed.
[/quote]

The instructions weren't to gut everything, but 3 or so copies of each game. This could end up being just about everything get gutted, or there could be some titles that there are more still sealed behind the counter (*cough Sonic Heroes which my store has way too many copies of cough*)

Besides the pic previously posted (BTW,DefinedByClass, you may want to edit out the store number on that pic ;), corporate spies do watch), the only new addition to the "what's on sale" list is the $4.99 UMDs. Pretty much the same stuff as last time, so if there were any you may have missed out on, they should be back again for this round.

[quote name='jp0213']I don't know, and these are all from the Canadian site, so the USA may not get the same deals.[/quote]
This.

I've seen Canada's EB Games get some REALLY killer deals that GameStop would NEVER let fly in the US. Like getting a PSP for $20 if you trade in six games? Yeah, right. GameStop would only allow it if you traded in recently released games.

heres hoping fro cheap psp for me and cheap ds for mom. ALos hoping my 2nd GC from e-rewards coemes in time. $50 in cards would be a good thing to have for this.

Yeah, some of the deals for Canada look pretty damn good. I'm already trying to figure out what I could trade in for some of the games/systems if it's the same down in the states.

Here's to hoping that the Warcraft Battle Chest goes up for sale at the US EB/Gamestops. I picked up the Diablo Battle Chest with a gift card I got for my birthday, been meaning to grab the Warcraft Chest mainly because I think my brother is getting a little tired with trading the discs back and forth. One month I'll want to play the games, the next month he'll want to play them... He asked for the discs last week and I keep forgeting to drop them off at his house. >.<

I saw the PS3 charge stand is one sale for $14.99, here's to hoping that carries over to the US sales, I wouldn't mind finally picking one up. Now to find a PS3 controller on sale... >.>

But why on Monday? That's so damn lame. I didn't read all 8 pages of this thread - does anyone know if they'll be opening early or anything like that? I'd hate to have to take time off of work for this.

[quote name='Tsukento']This.

I've seen Canada's EB Games get some REALLY killer deals that GameStop would NEVER let fly in the US. Like getting a PSP for $20 if you trade in six games? Yeah, right. GameStop would only allow it if you traded in recently released games.[/quote]
Here's the kind of games that qualify in Canada

Vodoo Vince-$8-RESALE-22.99
Tiger Woods 06-$10-RESALE-19.99
Red Steel wii-$8-RESALE-14.99
Ratatouille wii-$8-RESALE-14.99
Far Cry Wii-$8-RESALE-14.99

EQUALS A NEW DS Lite!
130 VALUE

This is why I love EB to death....

But the bad thing is that in CANADA, all games must be complete with MANUAL AND CASE to qualify FOR ANY PROMOTION...

They also dock 25% Value when you lack a case or a manual....sucks....

[quote name='gamer602']

But the bad thing is that in CANADA, all games must be complete with MANUAL AND CASE to qualify FOR ANY PROMOTION...

They also dock 25% Value when you lack a case or a manual....sucks....[/quote]

Wow I wish the EB/GS in the US would do this. I'm tired of the incomplete used games at EB. EB/GS would get so much business from me if they implemented this standard for accepting games.

[quote name='jling84']Wow I wish the EB/GS in the US would do this. I'm tired of the incomplete used games at EB. EB/GS would get so much business from me if they implemented this standard for accepting games.[/quote]
i too think its actually a good policy

Definitely. It should always be that way at game stores. Better condition, better trade-in value. Same goes for when selling it, if it's incomplete you pay less.

[quote name='jeromechef']I would definitely get a PSP at 20 bucks. What are the odds the US has similar deals to the canadian ads?[/quote]
None.

It's not the first time Canada's EB Games have had deals like this, while we get nothing. I don't think the GameStop merger affects EB Games up in Canada.

[quote name='jling84']Wow I wish the EB/GS in the US would do this. I'm tired of the incomplete used games at EB. EB/GS would get so much business from me if they implemented this standard for accepting games.[/quote]

[quote name='UltimoRey']i too think its actually a good policy[/quote]

[quote name='jp0213']Definitely. It should always be that way at game stores. Better condition, better trade-in value. Same goes for when selling it, if it's incomplete you pay less.[/quote]

How is this a GOOD policy? I hate it! Everytime I drive down to the states to trade games, i'm always glad my disc only games qualifies for promotions!

[quote name='Tsukento']None.

It's not the first time Canada's EB Games have had deals like this, while we get nothing. I don't think the GameStop merger affects EB Games up in Canada.[/quote]

Too true. This is due to the fact that GS did not have anystores in CANADA....thus, nothing happened to EB's head office, no one lost their jobs. We did not go through an employee massacre here in Canada.

EB is still the same as ever here in Canada, $5 EDGE CARDS/PS1 N64 Trades accepted

[quote name='gamer602']How is this a GOOD policy? I hate it! Everytime I drive down to the states to trade games, i'm always glad my disc only games qualifies for promotions![/quote]

It's a good policy because while you may appreciate getting the same value for a disc only copy, the rest of us don't appreciate having to pay the same price for it as we would for a complete copy.

I can't wait for this sale =P
Before this thread I didn't notice the coupon at all, but I do now. Thanks for the heads up OP. Scissor Time.

[quote name='Nikadimas']It's a good policy because while you may appreciate getting the same value for a disc only copy, the rest of us don't appreciate having to pay the same price for it as we would for a complete copy.[/quote]

This. I don't want to pay the price because the previous owner was irresponsible and couldn't keep proper care of the case and manual.

[quote name='ets']I would be all over the 2 for 20... anyone know the limitations for canada?[/quote]

Found the canada forum, looks like 9.99-14.99 = 2 for 20

Hopefully I can grab the games I want instead of having them slip from my fingers. You think I can purchase them now and then do a return and rebuy? Whats their return policy?

How is this a GOOD policy? I hate it! Everytime I drive down to the states to trade games, i'm always glad my disc only games qualifies for promotions!

So...because you can't handle the complex task of holding onto a case and a manual...we should all suffer? Ok, terrific!

[quote name='ets']Found the canada forum, looks like 9.99-14.99 = 2 for 20

Hopefully I can grab the games I want instead of having them slip from my fingers. You think I can purchase them now and then do a return and rebuy? Whats their return policy?[/quote]

My gamestops make me feel like a thief when I do return rebuy for such sales.
"This is cheating" were their exact words last time, when I did it with the B2G1 sale.
How that makes any sense is beyond my comprehension skills, but they do succeed in making me feel bad so I have kindda stopped doing it.

Technically, it is a little dishonest...I guess. You're not returning the game for a legitimate reason, like it doesn't work or you don't want it. But that's their return policy. It basically says you can return the stuff for any reason, so I don't know why they are saying anything. I have more of an issue, though, when GS employees make you feel like you're doing something wrong when using coupons that their company sends you via e-mail.

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']Not to start a debate here....but why is it dishonest??
It is just like a price match within their 7 day return policy[/quote]
Indeed. The only reason it seems odd is because of the fact that GameStop doesn't price match. But then again, I have no problems with taking advantage of their deals and loop holes. :D

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']My gamestops make me feel like a thief when I do return rebuy for such sales.
"This is cheating" were their exact words last time, when I did it with the B2G1 sale.
How that makes any sense is beyond my comprehension skills, but they do succeed in making me feel bad so I have kindda stopped doing it.[/quote]

My store back in Oregon is pretty cool in allowing you purchase games from one store and then coming back to get another game to fulfill special deals. My whole reason is I'm on the East Coast now and spotted a game I need, but on June 2nd I'll be back on the West Coast where I know for a fact that game is no where to be found. It doesn't have the manual, so I don't want to pay full price.

I hope they end GameDays with a B2G1 Free on Used like last year... I missed out on the recent B2G1 because I was too busy with GTA IV lol

You know, I also hope they have a B2G1 Free on used again too. I got all the 360 games I would want for a while (minus Orange Box and Blue Dragon), but I just got a gamecube again and would really like to get some more games.

I got a lot of good stuff from this sale, last year.

For PC games, I picked up last year
--Diablo 2, $9.99
--Diablo 2: LOD, $9.99
--Condemned: Criminal Origins, $19.99

OK the xbox360 is listed on the second page of the current EB ad; buy a new 360 w/ GTA4 and get a free $50 gift card. So can the 10% off coupon be used on that? if that is the case than that deal alone deserves its own thread! or would it not work until june 2nd, i already used the coupon to get daxter PSp used for $3.99

[quote name='gamer602']

They also dock 25% Value when you lack a case or a manual....sucks....[/QUOTE]

Anyone else find this ironic considering that in the US they trashed all the GBA boxes and manuals when they converted the new GBA games to used?

[quote name='Josef']Anyone else find this ironic considering that in the US they trashed all the GBA boxes and manuals when they converted the new GBA games to used?[/quote]

It's also the least lenient thing I've heard coming from Canada.

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']Not to start a debate here....but why is it dishonest??
It is just like a price match within their 7 day return policy[/quote]

Because GameStop doesn't price match/guarantee. Dishonest might be a bit of a charged word, but the reality, someone bought a game before the sale. They don't get the sale price. Brining it back and re-buying it is getting around the fact that they don't price match/guarantee. But if GS doesn't like it, they should set up barriers to stop people. They don't, though, so I would ignore what the ignorant employees have to say.

[quote name='burningrom2']OK the xbox360 is listed on the second page of the current EB ad; buy a new 360 w/ GTA4 and get a free $50 gift card. So can the 10% off coupon be used on that?[/quote]
No. The coupon only applies to Game Days sales items. The Xbox 360 deal is counted as a different promotion as it started before Game Days.

I'm pretty sure Katamari Damacy will be one of the US sale items since a local Gamestop just got new copies in stock after being out of stock forever. It's currently priced $19.99 so half off would be $9.99, which is a great deal.

Another new game they just got in after being out of stock for months is Fishing Master for the Wii. I'm hoping that will be one of the sale titles, and at 50% off, making it $14.99. That's actually the only reason I held off on buying it now.

LeviVsRobot...mine too. I asked them "You have these sealed?" and he said "Yes we have a lot. They're reprints but they're brand new". I also saw them opening boxes of sealed Katamari Damacy for PS2...sealed with no stickers on them. So that's likely an item as well. I was going to buy one of each but decided to wait to see if they will be on sale. For those of you who don't have Odin Sphere yet...get it. It's incredible :) I'd wait for the sale though ;) especially to use that coupon that's in the Game Informer.

I caught a glimpse of the list of potential (but most likely) games that will be a part of the Game Days sale. Condemned 2 and Katamari Damacy were on it.

[quote name='LeviVsRobot']My local Gamestop just got a huge stack of "Odin Sphere". Very likely to be a sale item.[/quote]

Damn, I should've waited...oh well.

Glad I have an Edge card now.

Would I be able to stack and get some used PS2 controllers? That's if I could get my hands on an original coupon of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back