La Pucelle Tactics $19.99 at Target (YMMV)

EndlessChris

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if this deal is nationwide or what but tonight I went to the Target in Hadley, MA and La Pucelle Tactics was only $19.99. I did a complete double take when I saw it.

My Target has about 3 copies left. I know there are some other CAGs in this area. Hurry and pick it up! :)

EDIT: I AM THE LORD OF ALL THAT IS CHEAP ASS GAMING

[quote name='rebthor']If anyone has an extra copy of LaPucelle, I am interested. I'll reimburse you full price+shipping or will trade my unopened copy of Rez for PS2 straight up.[/quote]

for rez? are you for real? if so I am interested!

Hey OP, thanks for the heads up. There were three in the Albuquerque store (the one off of Lomas) and now there is 1. Yes, I left one for a needy cheapass! Go and get it (unless it's been taken already)!

[quote name='spidey'] I passed by Target today on Queens Blvd (the one above Best Buy) and they did not have it.[/quote]
I am not surprised. They never seem to have any deals there anymore.

[quote name='Gosha']thingsfallnapart, did you happen to call the Olympia store?

Also, did people have the Target employees scan the tag, it may ring up at 20.[/quote]

They must have lied to him on the phone. I just got back from the Northgate Target. They were sold out, but they did have a tag for it saying $19.99.

D'oh! I didn't know about this deal and was pleasantly surprised that it was $20 when I picked it up. Target in Woodland, CA has 3 more left (I go to Davis) and I would have picked them up too for other CAGers if I knew there was so much interest.

[quote name='neopolss']Very odd that they would clearnace this game out so quickly. It had great reviews, and is a tactical RPG to boot, a genre with very few games. Just strange...[/quote]

Think about it. This game is for hardcore gamers. I don't think that is the typical game-purchaser at Target (besides us looking for clearence or rain check games). Most people purchasing a game at Target are parents or casual gamers. Thus, Target probably sold 0 of these before this deal so they are bailing and clearencing them out right away. Just my opinion, but it makes sense to me.

[quote name='js1'][quote name='rebthor']If anyone has an extra copy of LaPucelle, I am interested. I'll reimburse you full price+shipping or will trade my unopened copy of Rez for PS2 straight up.[/quote]

for rez? are you for real? if so I am interested![/quote]
What can I say, I'd rather have La Pucelle. BTW, Rez is already gone, sorry...

I called the Target here in Springfield and the electronics guy said they didnt have any ( twat ) so I drove up to check it out and they 4 copies..the tag said 49.99 but rang up 19.99..

[quote name='dutch72']I called the Target here in Springfield and the electronics guy said they didnt have any ( twat ) so I drove up to check it out and they 4 copies..the tag said 49.99 but rang up 19.99..[/quote]

exactly the reason i never call anywhere about deals. people are idiots

[quote name='rebthor'][quote name='spidey'] I passed by Target today on Queens Blvd (the one above Best Buy) and they did not have it.[/quote]
I am not surprised. They never seem to have any deals there anymore.[/quote]

They only run circular sales. I looked all over the shelf for a La Pucelle tag but it I couldn't find one. Seem like they never even carried it. The Best Buy there is pretty much the same. They only carry the newest games. When the $5 BB deal was going, I didn't even bother going there. I went to the one in Long Island City instead.

Has anyone played this yet? I dunno if I should play disgaea first. Too bad I don't have it. Anyone want to trade me for my extra La Pucelle? Seems like a fair trade to me. PM me if you're interested. Also, for the guy who asked, I live kinda by the state fair, so we get drunk people walking around our neighborhood every fall. At least I don't have to pay for parking though!

[quote name='spidey'][quote name='rebthor'][quote name='spidey'] I passed by Target today on Queens Blvd (the one above Best Buy) and they did not have it.[/quote]
I am not surprised. They never seem to have any deals there anymore.[/quote]

They only run circular sales. I looked all over the shelf for a La Pucelle tag but it I couldn't find one. Seem like they never even carried it. The Best Buy there is pretty much the same. They only carry the newest games. When the $5 BB deal was going, I didn't even bother going there. I went to the one in Long Island City instead.[/quote]

Yeah, I picked up a couple of games at the one in LIC. The only thing they had at the one on QB was the Star Wars game. Totally not worth it.

A good Target for deals is the one on Gateway Drive off the Belt, but now with my new job I can't ever get out there.

[quote name='froinlaven']Has anyone played this yet? I dunno if I should play disgaea first. Too bad I don't have it. Anyone want to trade me for my extra La Pucelle? Seems like a fair trade to me. PM me if you're interested. Also, for the guy who asked, I live kinda by the state fair, so we get drunk people walking around our neighborhood every fall. At least I don't have to pay for parking though![/quote]

Technically, continuity wise, this game comes before Disgaea. But it wasnt released until after Disgaea because that one was considered the better and more refined game. When it turned out there was a market for it, La Pucelle got released. If you enjoy these, be on the lookout for the next in the "series", Phantom Brave.

punqsux wrote

I know I was madder than Jesse jackson at the airport having to answer the white courtesy phone... :D

[quote name='dutch72']punqsux wrote

I know I was madder than Jesse jackson at the airport having to answer the white courtesy phone... :D[/quote]

Hey, I'm in Springfield, MO, too. I went to Target this morning and punched the code into the price scanner thing but it came up at $49.99. They came up at $19.99 for you, or only at checkout? Are there any left?

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='dutch72']I called the Target here in Springfield and the electronics guy said they didnt have any ( twat ) so I drove up to check it out and they 4 copies..the tag said 49.99 but rang up 19.99..[/quote]

exactly the reason i never call anywhere about deals. people are idiots[/quote]

not to mention the simple fact that it will draw attention of the clearance to that employee who probably didn't know about it until you clued him in on it...thats the main reason i hate calling

I was there right before lunch.. the guy workin ( I think his name was tool ) rang it up and took the remaining copies and put them up by the register

They had 4 copies left and tha gamestop up by the mall in front of Barnes and Nobles still had a couple of the strategy guides left

I just went to my Target.

Good news: San Ramon, CA Target has La Pucelle for $20.
Bad news: I picked up the second to last one. There's one copy left.

Chico CA had it marked 19.99, but empty. I would be interested in an extra copy if there are some out there. I can buy or trade.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

Okay, here's what I've been told. A target employee (Springfield, MO) claims that La Pucelle has been set up in their system incorrectly. The UPC label on the back is linked to the incorrect "Target code" (207120868). He said they're still marked in their inventory at $49.99, though, and would not sell one to me at the $19.99 price. He'd give me one for $49.99, though. :p

The reason I thought my Target had it for $49.99 is because the price tag underneath La Pucelle (for $49.99) must have had a different Target code than what the UPC brings up when scanned. I bet that the game will ring up as $19.99 at every Target, nationwide, because I imagine this UPC "error" is in effect everywhere.

Was the game in the glass case or out in the other shelf that's open? If it wasn't in the glass case, try to take it to a regular register (non electronics dept register) and a regular cashier probably won't know about the error.

That's kinda the same thing I've been told "about the UPC error). If this is indded a UPC error, it'll be fixed soon, so get in on it while you can! I'm holding one hostage for trade, if anyone wants it.

I called one store and electronics wouldnt pick up...

I called another and they do not have it,

Im so bored rite now, I might as well head out to the store that didnt pick up

I hope theres plenty of copies at my Target. I get my paycheck tomorrow so if theres some more, ill get some for u guys.

I don't understand - why would it be BS? If their computers mark it as $20, and an employee needs to update the prices on the games, he wouldn't stick a $50 tag on it. So of course your tags are marked as $20.

[quote name='abilyk']Okay, here's what I've been told. A target employee (Springfield, MO) claims that La Pucelle has been set up in their system incorrectly. The UPC label on the back is linked to the incorrect "Target code" (207120868). He said they're still marked in their inventory at $49.99, though, and would not sell one to me at the $19.99 price. He'd give me one for $49.99, though. :p

The reason I thought my Target had it for $49.99 is because the price tag underneath La Pucelle (for $49.99) must have had a different Target code than what the UPC brings up when scanned. I bet that the game will ring up as $19.99 at every Target, nationwide, because I imagine this UPC "error" is in effect everywhere.[/quote]

Sounds like your Target is BS'ing

I just stopped by Target (in Chattanooga, TN) on my way home from work, and got La Pucelle for $19.99! I wasn't going to buy any video games for awhile (I guess I should stop visiting CAG for awhile!), but this deal was too good to pass up.

Thanks for posting this.

- lost

Forgot to mention that it looked like there were at least 3 or 4 copies left, but I didn't really get a good look at them. May be even more.

I'm really living the cheapassgamer lifestyle lately.. picked up Sonic Mega Collection & GTA: Vice City for $15.09 each last week, and now La Pucelle. Somebody keep me off this site!

- lost

bread's done
Back