La Pucelle Tactics $19.99 at Target (YMMV)

EndlessChris

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if this deal is nationwide or what but tonight I went to the Target in Hadley, MA and La Pucelle Tactics was only $19.99. I did a complete double take when I saw it.

My Target has about 3 copies left. I know there are some other CAGs in this area. Hurry and pick it up! :)

EDIT: I AM THE LORD OF ALL THAT IS CHEAP ASS GAMING

Big props to Endless Chris...

Springfield gamers- I went to Target on Primrose at ~2, no copies left. Drove over to Joplin (yup) and picked it up for 19.99. There's one copy left there if anyone is looking to drive that far...

If anyone still has any fears or doubts that this game sale is fake, well put them to rest. I just talked to my informantt (actually a guy that works at target) and he told me that this game is indeed 19.99 and no UPC error. when I went to my Target, it e3ven had a sticker saying it was 19.99. He also said that they are the only company that has reduced its prices on it. Man CAG's been having some great deals lately from their, really gotta get more cash now. I picked up every copy :)

Not so....
I probably got about 22 MPG going to Target, my window is stuck down and I hit a few traffic lights. YMMV.

[quote name='Wario64'][quote name='abilyk']Okay, here's what I've been told. A target employee (Springfield, MO) claims that La Pucelle has been set up in their system incorrectly. The UPC label on the back is linked to the incorrect "Target code" (207120868). He said they're still marked in their inventory at $49.99, though, and would not sell one to me at the $19.99 price. He'd give me one for $49.99, though. :p

The reason I thought my Target had it for $49.99 is because the price tag underneath La Pucelle (for $49.99) must have had a different Target code than what the UPC brings up when scanned. I bet that the game will ring up as $19.99 at every Target, nationwide, because I imagine this UPC "error" is in effect everywhere.[/quote]

Sounds like your Target is BS'ing[/quote]

That was the same BS that I got from Target in South Sacramento/Consumnes River, CA , they ring it up as $20 but another employee butted in kept on saying this is $50. They would not sell it to me, I went to another Target and they had no problems selling it for $20. I really should have bitched to the manager about it, but whatever I got the game anyways elsewhere.

WOODBURY, MN Target has 1 La Pucelle left and is ringing up $19.99, but marked $49.99. My second experience with a confused Target clerk today. :)

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Wario64'][quote name='zewone']Got it for $19.99 in Fresno. Only 27 left!! Hurry![/quote]

27? Man, that's a lot of copies![/quote]

I know....no CAG's where I live I guess[/quote]

A local CAG here...which Target did you get it at? I always need another game to add on the pile!

[quote name='lyricaldanichan'][quote name='Wario64'][quote name='abilyk']Okay, here's what I've been told. A target employee (Springfield, MO) claims that La Pucelle has been set up in their system incorrectly. The UPC label on the back is linked to the incorrect "Target code" (207120868). He said they're still marked in their inventory at $49.99, though, and would not sell one to me at the $19.99 price. He'd give me one for $49.99, though. :p

The reason I thought my Target had it for $49.99 is because the price tag underneath La Pucelle (for $49.99) must have had a different Target code than what the UPC brings up when scanned. I bet that the game will ring up as $19.99 at every Target, nationwide, because I imagine this UPC "error" is in effect everywhere.[/quote]

Sounds like your Target is BS'ing[/quote]

That was the same BS that I got from Target in South Sacramento/Consumnes River, CA , they ring it up as $20 but another employee butted in kept on saying this is $50. They would not sell it to me, I went to another Target and they had no problems selling it for $20. I really should have bitched to the manager about it, but whatever I got the game anyways elsewhere.[/quote]

An update on my situation: I called up a manager and explained my problem. After he talked to the electronics manager he called me back, backing the electronics guy's story that it was a UPC error, Target's cost on the game was $30, but he'd be willing to sell to me at $30.

I went in, planning to buy a copy or 2 at $30 and then try to return and repurchase them for $20 in a couple days. Well, before I go talk to this manager, I punch the La Pucelle Target code into the scanner, and it showed up at $19.99. Now, I had done the same thing last night and this morning, and it showed $49.99 then. It was not a UPC error -- I thought, if that excuse was legit, that scanning the UPC would point to another Target code. Not the case.

I showed the manager how La Pucelle ran up for $20 in the scanner, and explained that it didn't last night -- however unlikely since they're taking a loss, it's definitely a price drop. He sold me two of them without any more hassle.

As of 3 this afternoon, the Target on Wendover in Greensboro, NC had 2 left, and they were ringing up at $20. The Target on Lawndale in Greensboro had 3 in stock, but I wasn't able to check the price because I didn't have to time to play hide and seek with the employees.

Well, I couldn't get it earlier at my Target, but I wouldn't giveup. I took immediate action and sent my ninja's out on a little Target practice. Luckily one ninja in NY found one for me. w00t!!! Victory!!! :twisted:

-Morpheus

PS I gave that ninja a cookie for a job well done. :lol:

I wonder what like EB's trade in price is for this game, they usually have it high for rarer games like this, but it could just be some crappy 10$ thing.

Incredible, I called my dad to go to Target after work to find me a copy and he got me one. I had work today and I didn't have time and my dad came through! Thanks OP!

I have one or two I could sell for 32 dollars. I know this is a bit over but I had to take an hour off of work at 20 dollars an hour to get them so I'm pretty much just selling them at price. PM me or send me an e-mail at Christian DOT Carpenter AT mnsu.edu

PM is preferred

Checked Boise, Id (Mall Target), picked one up. Thx, i was looking for this game cheap. There is one more left if there are any CAGmers around this area. Didn't check the Eagle Target location. Good luck.

Damn Cary store.. it was marked down.. dumbass guy on phone...should've just gone on there, oh well :( I'll get my mommy to check the Winston-Salami store for me :)

And how often does ed mckays have shit in like Mega Man X2/3, etc? I was actually thinking about checking that place out soon

Picked one up today. Last one left on the shelf. I get paid tomorrow so ill be heading back there. I just hope i can get my hands on it.

There are two copies left at the Murrieta, CA target and probably more in Temecula and Meniffee (all in Riverside County)...I'm willing to grab one for anyone who's missing out. PM me or post a reply here.

I would stil reccomend getting in on it while you can. Even if it is a price drop and not an error, they won't last long at that price. I'm also sure that once they're gone, they're gone if they're trying to clearance it. Hopefully the value will keep up so I can ebay it in a month(if I don't trade it off).

[quote name='EndlessChris']I don't know if this deal is nationwide or what but tonight I went to the Target in Hadley, MA and La Pucelle Tactics was only $19.99. I did a complete double take when I saw it.

My Target has about 3 copies left. I know there are some other CAGs in this area. Hurry and pick it up! :)

EDIT: I AM THE LORD OF ALL THAT IS CHEAP ASS GAMING[/quote]

The Hadley Target is open?!?! That's great, Walmart, The Hampshire Mall and Target all near each other!

[quote name='David85']
The Hadley Target is open?!?! That's great, Walmart, The Hampshire Mall and Target all near each other![/quote]

Er... The Target in Hadley has been open for a few months now dude.

On another note, out of 235 replies, only three have thanked me for finding this deal. C'mon? Do I get no credit?

/me needs other people's approval to boost his low self-esteem

[quote name='Scotty P']Damn Cary store.. it was marked down.. dumbass guy on phone...should've just gone on there, oh well :( I'll get my mommy to check the Winston-Salami store for me :)

And how often does ed mckays have shit in like Mega Man X2/3, etc? I was actually thinking about checking that place out soon[/quote]

I went tonight and there was nothing. It dpeends on when you go and if anyone before you cleaned them out. They do have some good games for cheap, but nothing all that rare(Super Ghouls and Ghosts for 3.00, Yoshis Island for 5.00 and a couple others)

if you go to the Target on Green Raod there were a couple of copies left after I got two

[quote name='EndlessChris'][quote name='David85']
The Hadley Target is open?!?! That's great, Walmart, The Hampshire Mall and Target all near each other![/quote]

Er... The Target in Hadley has been open for a few months now dude.

On another note, out of 235 replies, only three have thanked me for finding this deal. C'mon? Do I get no credit?

/me needs other people's approval to boost his low self-esteem[/quote]

thanks for the deal.

[quote name='EndlessChris']On another note, out of 235 replies, only three have thanked me for finding this deal. C'mon? Do I get no credit?

/me needs other people's approval to boost his low self-esteem[/quote]

Thanks for the deal, EC! This is another contender for deal of the year.

is no other store besides target dropping the price on this game? for everyone that checked the price on la pucelle, was the yellow price tag marked at 19.99? if so, that should be a permanent price. if it was on a special tag that says "temporary price cut" or something else along those lines, then the markdown is unfortunately limited.

wasn't la pucelle released a long time ago? as a target employee, i picked up several copies of this, hoping that it would be an error in my favor, but is it possible that 20 might be the going price on this game now? i really hope not.

Thanks OP for the deal.
I to and my friend Mafia scored big on this deal. Looks like Target's are getting raided of their copies now. Hope 10 years down the road our copies are worth something.

Now if only we could find Disgea for cheap, we would be all set.

I think this is a permanent cut at Target that may go permanent elsewhere, but I doubt it. Of course, I'm always wrong when it comes to these type of things...

[quote name='kristianator']is no other store besides target dropping the price on this game? for everyone that checked the price on la pucelle, was the yellow price tag marked at 19.99? if so, that should be a permanent price. if it was on a special tag that says "temporary price cut" or something else along those lines, then the markdown is unfortunately limited.

wasn't la pucelle released a long time ago? as a target employee, i picked up several copies of this, hoping that it would be an error in my favor, but is it possible that 20 might be the going price on this game now? i really hope not.[/quote]

it was released less than 2 months ago. First week of May I think.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

Thanks for the deal OP.

When I went to go buy the game, the employee acted like a smartass saying, "dude, the price is right there. I'm pretty sure that how much it is." I insisted that he still checked it despite his bitchy attitude.

They were $19.99 and there were about 2 left over at a Las Vegas Target on the east side of town.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']upc error my ass...there were stickers on the game itself at my targets[/quote]

yea, the copy i bought even said "clearance" on the sticker. ah well, whether it's a mistake or a permanent price drop, i'm happy! :p

EDIT: thanks op! :)

[quote name='kristianator']is no other store besides target dropping the price on this game? for everyone that checked the price on la pucelle, was the yellow price tag marked at 19.99? if so, that should be a permanent price. if it was on a special tag that says "temporary price cut" or something else along those lines, then the markdown is unfortunately limited.

wasn't la pucelle released a long time ago? as a target employee, i picked up several copies of this, hoping that it would be an error in my favor, but is it possible that 20 might be the going price on this game now? i really hope not.[/quote]

I can't speak for other stores, but for Target it's a permanent price cut. I look in the system & it's still an active price at 19.99, but I'm sure it will be discontinued very soon so better buy 'em while they're in stock cause they won't be coming back

Scotty P, there were two or three left at the Target in Garner (not the White Oak one), if you still haven't been able to pick it up. And thanks again to EndlessChris.

For those in Miami, Florida, the Bird Road Target (7795 SW 40th St) had about two to three copies left as of 8:30am.

I got the last copy for $20 at the Target in Wilmington, DE this morning. Thanks a lot OP!

It's kinda funny, the display was marked $50. I asked for the price check, and the guy goes, "Fifty dollars." So I ask him to take it out of the case and scan it. He moseys his way to unlock the cabinet, pulls the game, and scans it. He does a double take when it rings up for $20. There was another guy behind the counter, and after they ring me up, they start scanning all the games in the case.

bread's done
Back