La Pucelle Tactics $19.99 at Target (YMMV)

EndlessChris

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I don't know if this deal is nationwide or what but tonight I went to the Target in Hadley, MA and La Pucelle Tactics was only $19.99. I did a complete double take when I saw it.

My Target has about 3 copies left. I know there are some other CAGs in this area. Hurry and pick it up! :)

EDIT: I AM THE LORD OF ALL THAT IS CHEAP ASS GAMING

[quote name='EndlessChris']I don't know if this deal is nationwide or what but tonight I went to the Target in Hadley, MA and La Pucelle Tactics was only $19.99. I did a complete double take when I saw it.

My Target has about 3 copies left. I know there are some other CAGs in this area. Hurry and pick it up! :)

EDIT: I AM THE LORD OF ALL THAT IS CHEAP ASS GAMING[/quote]

I think you have to do a little more than post a $20 game to be declared Lord of the Cheapasses.

To my fellow Maine GAGers - The previous Maine poster was mistaken. I picked up a copy today in South Portland for $19.99 (still tagged at $49.99). There were maybe 4 or 5 copies left.

My Target employee also did a double take when he rang me up, but just said something along the lines of "Wow, this just came out, that's a great deal!"

And thanks to the OP!

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']
I think you have to do a little more than post a $20 game to be declared Lord of the Cheapasses.[/quote]

Well I figured since this topic was going to be viewed another thousand or so times I might as well declare myself the lord of something for everyone to see.

Maaaan... this is why all Montgomery stores suck ass. Target here has never even carried the game. Their game selection is small. They have plenty of sphagettios, but no freakin La Pucelle.

To all Buffalo, NY CAG's:

I snagged a copy for $19.99 over at the Target in Target Plaza, over on Delaware, there's about 4 copies left, so hurry!

[quote name='lyricaldanichan'][quote name='Wario64'][quote name='abilyk']Okay, here's what I've been told. A target employee (Springfield, MO) claims that La Pucelle has been set up in their system incorrectly. The UPC label on the back is linked to the incorrect "Target code" (207120868). He said they're still marked in their inventory at $49.99, though, and would not sell one to me at the $19.99 price. He'd give me one for $49.99, though. :p

The reason I thought my Target had it for $49.99 is because the price tag underneath La Pucelle (for $49.99) must have had a different Target code than what the UPC brings up when scanned. I bet that the game will ring up as $19.99 at every Target, nationwide, because I imagine this UPC "error" is in effect everywhere.[/quote]

Sounds like your Target is BS'ing[/quote]

That was the same BS that I got from Target in South Sacramento/Consumnes River, CA , they ring it up as $20 but another employee butted in kept on saying this is $50. They would not sell it to me, I went to another Target and they had no problems selling it for $20. I really should have bitched to the manager about it, but whatever I got the game anyways elsewhere.[/quote]

which target did u find the game at in Sacto?

I just got 2 copies in Cutler Ridge Fla., when the Target employee rang me up and saw the price he took the last copies and hid them under the register in electronics... Buncha savages.

last copy @ the Nine Mile (none @ Bayou Blvd) location in Pensacola, FL

i'll do a straight trade for a mint CV: Aria of Sorrow

all my local Targets (3 of them near Pasadena, CA) don't even carry the game... freakin lame shiet... =/
this freakin sucks...
very YMMV imo... =X

congratulate to those who benefited on this deal... =D

:lol: Just picked up my copy at West Hartford, CT Target store. Had to ask the guy twice as he had no idea what the game was. As of 300pm there were still three copies left. They aren't even priced.

Another reason why CAG spoiled me: yesterday, when I picked up my copy, I sat for a minute with the game in my hands and said "$20 seems like a lot for a game" when I know damn well that the game is worth $20 and that it'd never be cheaper, ever.

[quote name='alongx']Another reason why CAG spoiled me: yesterday, when I picked up my copy, I sat for a minute with the game in my hands and said "$20 seems like a lot for a game" when I know damn well that the game is worth $20 and that it'd never be cheaper, ever.[/quote]

:lol: That is so true.

Strange. I went back to the same Target where I picked up La Pucelle yesterday for $19.99 and they are now marked $29.99. You can see that someone tore off the old $49.99 price sticker and put the $29.99 one next to it. Didn't ask them to scan it since I wasn't planing on buying any more, but I thought it was kind of odd. Are the stores allowed to change the prices on items if they think they are too low?

alongx: Ain't that the truth? The way I think of it is, 'Every other store has it for at least 40 bucks, if not 50', so you're saving 60%. That type of savings ain't chump change, as long as you are even vaguely interested in the game. And if you aren't, you could probably trade it right in for 25 bucks, or sell it here or Ebay/Half for 25-35.
Shoot, I bought Karaoke Revolution full price from Target not long after it came out. That *really* shot up my 'dollars per game' average.
But actually, I bought it with some found gift cards, so technically it didn't cost my anything. And that was for my wife, so it was an investment.

norkusa:
I wouldn't think so. I'm sure the management has some leeway in quantities and items ordered in some cases, but for most of those corporate chains, pricing and ordering may be set for most items on a regional basis [with exceptions for certain communities, perhaps].

I picked up my copy of The Virgin Tactics today at the Target in Vestal, NY. I almost gave up because I didn't see it in the case as I was scanning through all the games. But as I started to walk away I saw it in the last slot in the rack. At about 1:00 PM today there was still one copy left.

Great find EndlessChris, thanks!

Aren't rain checks normally for sale prices only?
I'm sure it wouldn't apply for a clearance, maybe a regular price.

none of the targets around my school had any copies,

but I came home today and my local store had two of them!

I bought one and called up my homey to get the other one.

this deal is hella CLEAN! props to the thread starter

Props to you, OC!

I'm scurrying around trying to find La Pucelle at that price. So far, I haven't found a Target in Virginia that carries La Pucelle yet. Shame, huh?

God, yeah. I'm hard pressed to pay more than $10 for any game these days.

[quote name='alongx']Another reason why CAG spoiled me: yesterday, when I picked up my copy, I sat for a minute with the game in my hands and said "$20 seems like a lot for a game" when I know damn well that the game is worth $20 and that it'd never be cheaper, ever.[/quote]

[quote name='Magician']Props to you, OC!

I'm scurrying around trying to find La Pucelle at that price. So far, I haven't found a Target in Virginia that carries La Pucelle yet. Shame, huh?[/quote]

Where in VA are you? I'm in NoVA and haven't seen a single copy.

Highly Recommand: For those who looking for "La Pucelle Tactics"

1. Pickup the phone call your local Target
2. Get the SKU # on Page 3
3. Ask for Price Check or They have the Item INSTOCK
4. If they have it instock ask them to save you a Copy or 2 copies

Dammit, I bought my copy with a rain check ( $27.88 ).. wonder if theres any way to get my eight bones... especially now that I just got fucked out of $45.

fort wayne indiana glenbrook location had one and it did ring up 19.99. I snagged it of course. I am not sure about the location by southtown or if the one off of maplecrest has opened up yet but if its in the system at one local store it should be at the other 2 so if you want it call one of them for availblity as it should almost for sure be 19.99 at all the fort wayne locations

[quote name='hitop']

My Target employee also did a double take when he rang me up, but just said something along the lines of "Wow, this just came out, that's a great deal!"

And thanks to the OP![/quote]

That's what the guy at my target/s said! by the way thanks CAG! Also I like RPGS & I liked advance wars will I like this game?

I finally got in on a B&M deal. I was surprised that the Target here in Durham had the game for that price, becuase they haven't had any other target deals. The price tag on it was 19.99. Thanks to the guy who discovered this deal.

EDIT: There was one copy left in the case if anyone is close to the area. Also when I scanned the upc that I got from that website, the scanner said "Stockroom: yes", so even if there aren't any left in the case, they may have some in the back.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='rally9x']I still have a copy for 30 plus shipping left if anyone wants one.[/quote]

Thats not that great of a price for this game. Plenty of other people on this site are selling them for alot cheaper. Thats probably why you still have it.[/quote]

It's still better than full price though.

Thanks guys for the numbers, and punq for copying it. (I didn't waste a trip)

My area is pretty good for games, except for target, and ironically my target actually had the game priced for that 20 in their computer. (I called) But they said that they didnt have any, and their store never stocked this game :(.

So if anyone picked an extra one up, I'll trade a sealed copy of skies of arcadia for it. PM thanks!

Anyone in the Bloomington, IN area: I seen 3 copies of this game at the College Mall Target, and didn't pick one up. I neither had the extra dough, nor the will to get it even if I did. It didn't interest me at all.

Anyway, I'm sure they still have those copies. Happy hunting.

Yo thanks for the post chris. I went and picked up a copy today in Orlando, FL. I loved how the cashier's faced looked after taking a 49.99 priced game and finding out it was 19.99. The target in my area sux but i finally got a helluva deal.

I got a copy at the Green road target store in raleigh fer $20 (off capital blvd, outside beltline past 401-1 split). I got mine about 3 o clock and there was one left that I left for someone else to go grab if ya want.

there are at least 5 copies at the san bernardino, ca.
damn, i just hungup with cc, they dont carry it, i was gonna have them pm it.

Montgomery, being the king of suck ass cities to find anything that isn't easy to find, has a Target that NEVER CARRIED the game. However, they had TMNT for $14.98, Unreal Championship for $9.98, a slew of Gamecube games for cheap (6 dollars and up).

Well I guess one of the local cheapasses got to target in springfield nefore me, as when I couldn't find the game I asked a sales clerk if they had it in stock, and they said no there was a scanning problem with the game and it was being fixed, so I think word has gotten out on this one get it while ya can.

Snagged it for $20 in College Station, TX. I was surprised when it rang up, I haven't had luck with Target on past deals. THanks to the person who posted this.

i opened up shop at work (electronics dept. at target) at 7:45 am today, and there were 2 copies of this game left. there were 5 copies sitting there before the whole price change happened, and i'm pretty sure we didn't sell a single copy before. anyhow, i took both copies out and bought em. i did a price inquiry on la pucelle through the register, which shows both the item's regular price and the item's sale/temporary price cut price. the results? today's price: 19.99. regular price: 19.99. so i guess it's official. the 19.99 price isn't a temporary thing. i ran a price check on the game with my pdt (those personal scanners you see employees carrying around), and it yielded the same information.

has anyone tried selling their copies back to different stores? can you get more than 19.99 for them? if you can't get anything more than 30, i'll probably return my second copy. this sucks for those trying to do the same, but i guess it's good for those who have been wanting this game and waiting for an even better price.

[quote name='rimsforsale']no luck in los angeles area[/quote]

The one on Jefferson did not have the game at all, the one on la cienega(about 10 blocks away) had 2 copies and I snagged them both.(one for me one for a friend). Call around ALL the targets in your area and just ask if they have it in stock. Find a copy, and it WILL ring up for $19.99 and I suggest you do this before they mark the price back up. The price is still $20 when I went in today to the los angeles stores.

EDIT: i can only think of 2 reasons why the price is this low at target: target wants to clearance this game out bc they will not carry it any more-some targets do not even carry the game in the first place (the other reason is that target is just plain nuts)

bread's done
Back