Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - 1600 points

Help! I swung at a creeper and he blew up and it took away one heart only.

But now I'm walking in super slow motion! And I see a little image of me in the upper lefthand corner. How do I get out of slow motion???

[quote name='dirtyvu']Help! I swung at a creeper and he blew up and it took away one heart only.

But now I'm walking in super slow motion! And I see a little image of me in the upper lefthand corner. How do I get out of slow motion???[/QUOTE]

You must have clicked the stick down when you were fighting. You are in stealth mode (or whatever it is called). It is really useful for building up high as you won't fall off blocks. Click the stick (left analog that is) down again to get out of it ;).

[quote name='io']You must have clicked the stick down when you were fighting. You are in stealth mode (or whatever it is called). It is really useful for building up high as you won't fall off blocks. Click the stick (left analog that is) down again to get out of it ;).[/QUOTE]

Wish I had knew that earlier (look below). And it's the right analog stick. Left stick goes third person.

So I got inspired by all of the cool houses you guys have been posting, so I decided I wanted to do something similar. I've always liked pyramids and I thought that'd be cool. Realized a ziggurat would have to do, so I went to work. After a few hours, I ended up with this:

403386_3990391838970_1256074712_3743154_991797138_n.jpg

389354_3990395039050_1256074712_3743155_1877227060_n.jpg

I had fun building it. Might move onto a Gothic Cathedral next if I can work out a good way to do pointed arch windows.

[quote name='io']You must have clicked the stick down when you were fighting. You are in stealth mode (or whatever it is called). It is really useful for building up high as you won't fall off blocks. Click the stick (left analog that is) down again to get out of it ;).[/QUOTE]

haha. you're exactly right. clicking on the left stick for slo-mo. clicking on the right stick for 3rd person/1st person?

thanks!!! :D

You can put in as much time as you want since there's no ultimate goal, though I find it hard to put down that quickly. You think of projects you want to do and can complete them as quickly or slowly as you want.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Is this a game I could play an 45 minutes - an hour a day and feel satisfied and have fun with? Or do I have to put a ton more time into it to enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

I'm new to Minecraft and I'm having a lot of fun. Have no real idea on what to do and no strategies. Still interesting. And a game you can actually play while chatting in party. when you're in a mellow mood and just want to chill.

But yeah, it's a grind. What helps is building iron tools or better. They let you harvest wood, stone, etc. much faster which makes it more fun.

And then once you start building weapons like a bow and arrow, fighting becomes a bit more fun.

But I did get slaughtered and lost track of where I died so I can't find my stuff. Ugh...

[quote name='theredworm']I'm building a roller coaster. It's fun but I don't want to stop.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'd like to see a rail with a pulley system capable of pulling up mine carts. It would make building rail systems a lot easier. As it is, it's hard enough to find any gold to make those booster rails.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Same here. I'd like to see a rail with a pulley system capable of pulling up mine carts. It would make building rail systems a lot easier. As it is, it's hard enough to find any gold to make those booster rails.[/QUOTE]

For the 500 m achievement I'm making a straight shot downhill coaster. I started at the top of a mountain and stepped it down to the point where I'm now underground with it. Of course I have yet to test it to make sure it will go on its own accord. I hope the grade is steep enough not to need any gold sections. It will be a one-way trip of course. I'll have to walk back. But that's OK.

I'm nearly done with it but will probably have to find a bit more iron to make more rails. The good part is now that I am underground I'm finding some while making the tunnel.

Two times last night and first thing today, freezes trying to leave the Nether. Starting to get aggravating.

I did start with rails yesterday.
Kinda dark but this is 1/3 of the track coming home from my brothers vacation house on my world.
292502_2199464722599_1726733772_1125503_2028709244_n.jpg

This is an awesome underwater shot of my 2 story glass house deep under water.
179544_2196460007483_1726733772_1124695_580399334_n.jpg

I unfortunately have a lot of time on my hands right now. I was gonna pass until the game went on sale cause I wasn't sure I'd like it, then jumped on it for $15 just cause. I did the download on two X-Box's trick and me and my brother play a lot. He just made a small place in my world and is currently working on his own world.

Later after the movies I'll be making a track to the end of my mine. It literally took over 4 minutes to walk from one end to the other. I've mined so much that I've got a decent amount of gold. I need more to get up the steep slope at the start though.

My wife is getting sick of the game. She says "Is digging the only thing you do in this game?" She happened to be there while I was working on my mine. I showed her the two tracks and my beach house and she thought they were cool. She does love the music though. I tried teaching her to play but she's a super n00b at most video games but this was her first, first person and it was tragically bad.

and just for the Nether of it, this is another angle of my house, pre-tracks.
389336_2187415501376_1726733772_1120470_1757113912_n.jpg

The mountain was like that on those to random cobblestone pillars holding it up. I think this was before the spiral staircase to the mine.

I need to get in and fill in the spaces between my walls and the side of the mountain cause mobs keep spawning in there and I hear them all day and night.

Had my most productive session of actual mining today as I dug down in the big monster cave below my castle and I've mapped it out with torches so that there should be no more monsters in there. I managed to dig deep enough to find a lava pool that had a bunch of good stuff around it to mine, so I managed to get gold and iron ore, diamond, a bunch of redstone, and Lapiz Luzuli. Now I need to figure out what I can and should make with this stuff.

Finally got a map (My girlfriend spawned with it when she went to help me get a bunch of sand) and I went exploring with it in tow so I could find some more caves to mine. Found one not too far away, built a rail system to it and have been working on it for the past 6 hours. Productive stuff. Down to the bedrock and building a bunch of halls every 2 blocks about 15 down each one. Don't know what I'm going to do with everything I find though. I was thinking of making a gothic styled cathedral.

I remembered hearing there was a premium dashboard theme from the game. Saw you had to post a screen shot from the game to Facebook. So, I did that last night. Also noticed I could get one more avatar award for killing a creeper with a bow and arrow. So, I got that done as well.

Another night I couldn't sleep. (I need to get that looked at)
After some real house cleaning, I made some rails to my mine finally. Found a big ass cave that I explored for awhile.
Found my first Slime:
165955_2202677242910_1726733772_1127164_1466580288_n.jpg
He was neat, split up when attacked then I got 5 slimeballs for spoils.

Also had some random cave waterfall squid?
577684_2202609361213_1726733772_1127135_1937385658_n.jpg

AAAANNNNDDD finally found a dungeon. The mob spawner is weird. It's a
cage with a little Pig spinning around a fire??
538075_2202622561543_1726733772_1127141_1359663353_n.jpg

I too have found a cave waterfall squid. It was the first one I was close enough to kill and get ink.

Whoa, I didn't know there were slimes in this game! Cool.

I also found an octopus (or squid, whatever) at the bottom of a waterfall and it was deep, deep underground.

I will have to play with monsters at some point. I assume if you are nowhere near your house they won't mess it up, right? I guess what I can do is set up a "hunting camp" way out at the end of my mine cart roller coaster and do my mob stuff there and keep the side with my house monster-free.

I finished my (hopefully) 500m+ cart track. I haven't tested it to see if I get the achievement yet but it should be more than long enough. I found an awesome cave full of water and lava falls to end it in so it should be a pretty scenic ride. Ocne it is done I'll invite anyone on CAG in to get the achievement if they want as long as they promise to not mess with anything.

Here's a picture of the end point:

549380_104224036383821_100003886746016_22186_344953621_n.jpg

You have to go 500m in one direction, so I don't think curves work. I don't know why people don't jump into my game and get it when I play. I always do an Online Game, in Peaceful Mode. I only have 1 Minecart though.

I finished one wing of my Castle to be before I realized I have no room to finish it. I'd have to do some serious terraforming to complete it. Sigh. So much Cobblestone, so little Cobblestone.

have you guys ever had people come into your online game that weren't on your friends list?

I got a couple of random people jumping in my game that were not on my friends list. I was underground at the time and never saw them.

One of them (who I had never met ever) sent me a friend invite prior to joining my game. I didn't do anything with the invite but I didn't delete it. they joined and left minutes later. later, the friend invite was gone.

Anyway, when it became day time, I left my mine to go do topside stuff. And one of my buildings was almost totally destroyed and my chests in the building was gone.

just when I thought the game was a relaxing diversion, losing all my stuff was distressing! Easy difficulty, I guess, can get hard!

I also encountered a monster generator while underground. It looked like a metal cage with fire inside it. I destroyed it. And there was a nearby chest with some cool goodies. I didn't know this was how monsters are generated. This can't be the only way to generate monsters. But it was cool to see it.

[quote name='KingBroly']You have to go 500m in one direction, so I don't think curves work. I don't know why people don't jump into my game and get it when I play. I always do an Online Game, in Peaceful Mode. I only have 1 Minecart though.[/QUOTE]

It has been confirmed that it is just distance as the crow flies from the start. So it can have curves, but that just means it needs to be longer. I had to make mine quite a bit longer than I thought and I finally got the achievement tonight. I had gotten down to the bottom of the world and went as long as I could until the cart ran out of steam and still didn't get it. I had to make one set of powered track to push it about 50 blocks further and got it. By the way, when you reach the edge of the world, you still see "normal" blocks (not the bedrock ones like at the bottom) but your pick-axe simply doesn't work on them any more.

What it comes down to is that it looks like you need to cross about half the map. So keep that in mind if you are trying to do this yourself. Note however, that I started up really high and went down really low, too. So I'm not sure if that makes the distance even longer or if the achievement ignores the vertical distance.

So unfortunately my ride doesn't end in that cool water/lava place that showed the picture of. It goes pretty far beyond that - but I could always backtrack. Or now I could take my last piece of gold track and use it as a stopper in that cave. My son went off in a random direction in those caves and found diamond, gold, lapis, and a monster generator and chest. I have yet to find those myself.

if anyone wants the cheese send me a friend request and we'll go from there.

Do you guys feel that the Xbox 360 crafting system limits the sense of experimentation from crafting, or did most PC players simply use a FAQ anyway to figure out how to make shit and the new crafting system just removes the middleman?

[quote name='Spokker']Do you guys feel that the Xbox 360 crafting system limits the sense of experimentation from crafting, or did most PC players simply use a FAQ anyway to figure out how to make shit and the new crafting system just removes the middleman?[/QUOTE]
No, it makes us more informed players that can get to the fun part of the game (exploration, mining, and building) more quickly rather than needing a wiki open while playing to know what everything is and what we can make with it. They really should put the tutorial and such into the PC version and let them have the option of using it or going in cold.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, it makes us more informed players that can get to the fun part of the game (exploration, mining, and building) more quickly rather than needing a wiki open while playing to know what everything is and what we can make with it. They really should put the tutorial and such into the PC version and let them have the option of using it or going in cold.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I went back to Minecraft tutorials on Youtube for the PC. And there's an awful lot of clicking and an awful lot of placing the items just right in the crafting area to get anything. Like literally lining up the items so that it looks like a pickaxe to make a pickaxe.

In the 360 version, you just have enough resources and bam, you have the object made.

I prefer it this way too, coming from a newer, 360 only 'crafter. I see the PC version and I think "Why isn't it as easy as the 360?". fuck all that remembering shit, I just want a pickaxe.

I made an underwater tunnel for my "roller coaster" looks weird. I wanted to make it glass. But getting water out is a bitch

and for the crafting on 360 thing. I totally like this better. I remember playing the PC one and I couldn't figure out the simple pickaxe for the life of me(im an idiot yeah yeah) I had to look up online every time I want to make something. Yeah sure, that form of crafting does make it more detailed and all, but honestly it just annoyed the fuck outta me. I mean, its just nice being able to just make stuff with one button press and get on with doing your shit before night fall...

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to find a gigantic cave system nearby that had a waterfall, lavafall, and all sorts of bits of lava and water throughout. I didn't see diamonds, but found plenty of veins of gold, red stone, and iron throughout. Unfortunately, I got lost, couldn't find my way out, and fell to my death in a lava pool, so I quit without saving. :lol: I'll try again later.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I managed to find a gigantic cave system nearby that had a waterfall, lavafall, and all sorts of bits of lava and water throughout. I didn't see diamonds, but found plenty of veins of gold, red stone, and iron throughout. Unfortunately, I got lost, couldn't find my way out, and fell to my death in a lava pool, so I quit without saving. :lol: I'll try again later.[/QUOTE]

doesn't the game autosave? I remember dying, losing all my stuff, forgetting where I was when I died, and then seeing the autosave icon in the corner...

Could I have reloaded at the time to get my stuff back?

It doesn't autosave as far as I could see, at least not in the way that it overwrites your main save. I just started it back up and I'm back at my last main save with all of my stuff.

I finally found a cave with a monster spawner and some chests. One of them had a CD in it so I was finally able to play some music on my jukebox. It is eerie, creepy music and I don't like it but hey, it's something.

Also, note that you cannot move a cake or bookshelf once you make it. They just break and disappear :cry:. It wasn't so much of a surprise with the cake, but the bookshelf caught me off guard. It kind of sucks because it requires so many materials (esp. the paper which is hard to come by via sugar canes).

I was digging a random tunnel and found lapis and gold right next to each other. And my son kept finding diamonds in my game. He made his own house and stores all the stuff he finds there. Knowing him, he probably hid a treasure chest under the floor somewhere so I won't be able to take it back ;).

We did a ton of mining tonight - some by finding caves on the surface, some at the bottom of the world, and some 17 blocks up from the bottom (where I had read somewhere that you have a greater chance of finding diamonds). I found the lapis and gold at that 17 block level and my son did find diamonds there.

Soon I need to play this game with enemies. I'm also planning on making something huge out of the large treasure chest full of cobblestone that I have collected from all my mining.

Made a sweet rail cart system on my 3rd floor. Hit the 1st, 2nd or 3rd button and the cart comes through a hole on your track of choice. One TBA, just made it for the cheevo and will eventually all over the world, the 2nd to my brothers vacation home and the 3rd to my beach house.

I did a little farming. All from 4-6 bamboo pieces. Sugar cane? I like bamboo better.
576781_2208212781295_1726733772_1130119_1175589800_n.jpg
576361_2208214221331_1726733772_1130121_1046882548_n.jpg

The hole in the mini desert is from a creeper blasts and the one of them I tried to make the water flow in there and after hitting a sandstone, a ton of sand fell revealing a cave. Probly connected to the massive one I spent over 3 maybe four hours in only finding one dungeon.

Also, found one of the spider jockeys today.
581148_2208267822671_1726733772_1130152_230374242_n.jpg

[quote name='saunderscowie']I watched both "Let's Play: Minecraft" videos from Roosterteeth yesterday... think they've convinced me to get the game.[/QUOTE]
Those are hilarious. My boss thought Minecraft was stupid until he saw Gavin burn down the house the other guys had built, now he wants to get the game. :lol:

My curiosity is getting the better of me now that you can play this on xbox. It seems like a great idea but I dont know if I would be into it once I get it.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']

I did a little farming. All from 4-6 bamboo pieces. Sugar cane? I like bamboo better.[/QUOTE]

Well, crap, I didn't know you could grow sugar cane. I was irritated that my bookshelf broke (when I tried to move it) because I find so little sugar cane. Now that I can grow it I can make a whole library!

I did find out yesterday that you can grow cactus. At first I thought you couldn't even plant them because it wasn't letting me. But I was trying to put them up against my house. My son told me they need to be out in the open (that is, not touching anything on the side). I planted one there and came back later and it was 2 or 3 high. So now I'm gonna plant a ton around my house. And I'll switch my rooftop farm from wheat to sugar cane.

The thing I want to find in this game now is clay. I see someone on my friends list (a CAG but I forget who) has mined a few blocks of it, so it is out there somewhere. My son read that it is at the bottom of lakes and oceans. So I may try walling off some water and getting down there. With clay you can make bricks.

I found a secret underground lake today because strolling by I see the top a bamboo stalk not anywhere near water. Pretty neat. I think I'm starting to ween off the game. The first week was insane amount of play time but now it's just a bit here and there.

I'm sorta concerned about the updates. I hear when they add the new biomes like jungles and what not, we might have to start a new world. I put way too much effort in to this one to start over. I do want a cat though.

Last night I started playing at 8:30 pm.....next thing I know its 3:45am....

When u are playing this in co-op it flyswatter by. I will post some pics of what we did last night later today.

Is anyone else just amazed by the land that this game randomly generates? When I wonder around my world, I get floored by how amazing some of these structures look just randomly generated.

Another thing I love, is the lighting at night from torches and other light sources.

I love seeing a structure in the distance just glowing from torches.makes me happy.

Love seeing the updates guys, keep em coming.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, it makes us more informed players that can get to the fun part of the game (exploration, mining, and building) more quickly rather than needing a wiki open while playing to know what everything is and what we can make with it. They really should put the tutorial and such into the PC version and let them have the option of using it or going in cold.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, and I prefer the 360 system, but I do wonder how many people played the game on PC without consulting a FAQ. I only did it for a little bit.

I thought there were enemies there.

I'm going to start playing at 10pm (2 hours from now) to continue mining underneath my preliminary castle. If anyone wants to help, come on by. Just make sure to put stuff in chests before you leave though, so it doesn't go away.

By the way, I have all the Cobblestone. All of it.

bread's done
Back