Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - 1600 points

The Facebook timeline should clump the entries together though if you did want to use your actual account.

But yeah; dummy account for all things spam and contests!

[quote name='io']OK, thanks. I did an Internet search and found nothing on screenshots in the 360 version. Of course there is a nice and easy way to do it on the PC.[/QUOTE]

Pause the game and press Y. After you hit start, the bottom of the screen will show the Y icon next to the word "Share".

[quote name='Matt Young']Pause the game and press Y. After you hit start, the bottom of the screen will show the Y icon next to the word "Share".[/QUOTE]

That's the Facebook way, though, right? I said I already knew about that ;). I was hoping there was a way to get an actual file saved on the 360 that could be transfered to a computer without having to go through stupid Facebook. But I guess I'll just have to make a dummy account and go that route.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The only way that the Xbox 360 has screenshot functionality is through Facebook, so that's your only means of doing that.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's just stupid. I didn't know the 360 was so lame that way ;).

[quote name='theredworm']You unlock a premium theme for sharing a pic to FB FYI.[/QUOTE]

I assume a Minecraft-related theme? That would be cool - I don't even remember what theme I have on my account right now so I would definitely use that one.

[quote name='crunchewy']That's a bug and it's pretty annoying. Mobs shouldn't be spawning in your house if well lit. I hope they fix it soon. One workaround is to save and then switch to peaceful mode, sleep the night, then save and switch back to whatever you had it set to before. Annoying, but it works.[/QUOTE]

THANK GOD! I thought I managed to fuck up building my cave/house and I couldn't see it!

[quote name='whiptcracker']I don't know if this would work for anyone else, but I too was having these issues, but it seemed like the problem went away when I moved the bed one space away from the wall. If it was right against it, monsters every night. One space away, no attacks.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to try this out, as mine was against a wall. Thanks!

Here's the simple Obsidian generator that I used to use back in the early days. (1 bucket o' lava, 1 bucket o' water, and 7 red stone...no pistons)

It does eat the red stone, which he fails to mention, and it's kinda tricky to get the water/lava to stick on the 360 version but it still works wonders.

This game is addicting for some reason I can't explain. I'm still learning the ins and outs but its got its grip in me.

Whipcracker, the workaround was perfect. No more night attacks! Thanks.

380354_2184077937939_1726733772_1118990_1316925086_n.jpg

I thought, "OK, I'll build a small house on this mountain."
Now I have a green house on top and 7 floors.
1st is my wolf den
2nd is my room
3rd is my bridge to everything room (work in progress)
4th is empty
5th is empty
6th is full of chests with my spoils.
7th has a room with all my mining supplies, and a creepy hallway leading to a portal and there's a spiral staircase leading down to my mine that goes diagonally to bed rock then straight for half my map then branches out here and there. I have a bed room down there too.
Only found one cavern in there but plenty to mine.

I'm finishing a two story glass house in the ocean. There's a bridge from room 3 that leads out there then a ladder going alllllllll the way down. I discovered an empty cavern a few blocks over from my underwater glass house that'll be next on my to do list.

This game is way to addicting.
Also, be careful what you do with lava in a house made of wood. :cry:
That pic is from before shit hit the fan. :hot::hot:

OK, here you go...

Far shot of my house built into the natural cave/overhang that was there already. I just replaced the two outer columns with Obsidian tonight:
35933_101915746614650_100003886746016_9369_690686210_n.jpg

A closer view:
182340_101915259948032_100003886746016_9362_1136648021_n.jpg

Have you guys messed around with paintings yet? I kept throwing mine on the wall until it became this one:
541135_101867869952771_100003886746016_9171_677528162_n.jpg

An internal shot showing my Lapis Lazuli and Gold cubes ;) as well as part of the 3/4 view I have from up here. This is the "lush" view:
577606_101914976614727_100003886746016_9351_2090674732_n.jpg

Looking the other direction (with that lapis lazuli again) towards the desert view:
579846_101914506614774_100003886746016_9344_968207558_n.jpg

Here's a side view of the house as I approached it from a foraging expedition today:
559421_101929059946652_100003886746016_9476_1035657530_n.jpg

I'm thinking of building a giant pyramid out beyond the desert there (maybe at the edge of the ocean). I also just went to the Nether and got a ton of Netherrack and that glow stuff. I know you can light the former on fire but I'm trying to figure out how to make the glow rock (cubes) again. I don't see it in any of the crafting sections.

I love the hardwood floor especially as it is just wood directly from the trees - no crafting required. It makes a great parquet look. And those boxes on top of the gold and wool are note boxes. They make a pretty cool sound either on wood or metal. They don't sound so great on stone though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Flint and steel light the netherrack on fire.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that I knew (well, thanks to my son). It makes exploring the Nether much easier as you don't need torches - just light a rock on fire every so often if it gets dark. Though torches are still useful for marking your path so you don't get lost. I had to travel quite a ways to find the glow rocks.

And I finally figured out how to reconstitute the glow rocks just a few minutes ago. It is under the same section as the torches. I kept looking in the cube rock section - never struck me to think of it as a torch :lol:.

I also started making a mine car ride down the mineshaft at the back of my house. What do you need to do for the achievement exactly? I made it go pretty damn far but didn't get it. It is great for getting down there but pretty useless for the return trip. I'd have to waste gold to make powered sections - not sure I want to do that.

I have been mining down at the bottom of the world and have found a fair amount of gold down there, as well as the usual coal and iron. I even found 4 diamonds tonight. But no lapis lazuli down there so far (the stuff I found the other day was in a cave part way down). However, I have found a TON of redrock down there. It is all over the place. I may even stop mining it at this point.

I also started growing some crops. I dug a ditch at the top of my house and put some water in it, then started growing stuff next to that. I also made it into a waterfall that goes down into a big sand pit, so it is sort of like an oasis there on top of the house. I didn't know where I had gotten the 2 seeds I had but then I figured out you get them from the bushes that are around (I had ignored those for the most part).

I finished my mob spawner. It's not the greatest thing ever, but it works occasionally. So I'm happy with that. Here are some screens of my house in progress.

The gravity trap on the mob spawner isn't exactly the prettiest addition to my new home.
wmplayer201205150726190.png

Ye Olde Mob Spawning Chamber
wmplayer201205150725250.png

This is the tunnel that mobs fall down
wmplayer201205150720360.png

And this is the glass at the bottom that lets me see when I have loot. Even though there are two doors, I only open one when spiders don't die from the fall. They can't escape from a 1x1 square.
wmplayer201205150719120.png

That's the mob spawner/gravity trap. Now here's some pictures of the rooms in my home I didn't get to show yesterday.

This is the master bedroom
wmplayer201205150719180.png

That the gravity trap feeds directly into...
wmplayer201205150719400.png

This is the crafting room, with six furnaces, three work benches, and four chests.
wmplayer201205150721020.png

This the guest room.
wmplayer201205150721450.png

Stairs to the glass room
wmplayer201205150722350.png

The glass room w/ a view

wmplayer201205150723090.png

And finally, the indoor mine access.

wmplayer201205150723530.png

Played some more last night. I dug a mine down to bedrock and then kept digging back up. By chance I stumbled across a dungeon and got a saddle to get that pigs fly achievement. Only achievement I have left is taming 5 wolves. I have 1 tame and need to find 4 more.

I'm not very artistic/creative and am really not interested in building anything. I have a little wood house with a bed for when I want to sleep through the night. I'm afraid that once I get this last achievement, I'll be done with Minecraft. The achievements are the only "game" to Minecraft for me. Hopefully I'll get drawn back with future updates.

wow i thought my house was pretty nice before i came into this thread.. nope

im having trouble finding anything good in the "dungeons".. ive found a few caves with enemies in them but after wondering around in circles for a few hours and digging randomly into the walls/floors, only thing ive found is tons of iron ore and the red and blue rocks

im having a lot of fun tho.. game is crazy addictive

If u did a pretty big mine under the ocean and then popped a hole in the ocean floor could you drain the whole ocean into the cave? Might try it in my world tonight.

[quote name='theredworm']If u did a pretty big mine under the ocean and then popped a hole in the ocean floor could you drain the whole ocean into the cave? Might try it in my world tonight.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that, but it would be so awesome.

Here's an outside shot of my house
149711_10150808527021984_698411983_9696150_209608899_n.jpg

And here's a pic of the moat my friend made to trap animals in
582267_10150808192791984_698411983_9695450_114138500_n.jpg

Also, there's no sugar cane in the tutorial world. I checked the entire map. Sucks, and I've put too much work into it to start over >_<

Oh, and if anyone has a mine track for the On A Rail achievement a quick invite would be much appreciated!

Hoping to pick this game up towards the weekend. I was playing the trial and the girlfriend loved the music and gameplay so I now may have a building partner a.k.a. material gatherer for my creations:D

I've finished carving out the area needed for my castle, so now I'm mining for stone to finishing off the courtyard, the last two towers, and the three remaining walkways, which will take a while. Luckily, there's a ton of it behind my first two towers.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've finished carving out the area needed for my castle, so now I'm mining for stone to finishing off the courtyard, the last two towers, and the three remaining walkways, which will take a while. Luckily, there's a ton of it behind my first two towers.[/QUOTE]

That sounds cool. I'm thinking I'm going to build a giant skyscraper to conceal the gravity trap on one side, and add some fun things like a giant diving board into the ocean... But first, Max Payne.

[quote name='theredworm']If u did a pretty big mine under the ocean and then popped a hole in the ocean floor could you drain the whole ocean into the cave? Might try it in my world tonight.[/QUOTE]

I was way down at the bottom of the world and kept digging up and hitting lava. One time I hit water which might have been an ocean. I don't think it will drain out though - just fill up your tunnel. But let us know what happens if you do it ;).

Anyone know the minecart achievement parameters? Like I said, I built a pretty long set of rails - but no achievement yet.

The exact achievment is "Travel by minecart to a point at least 500m in a single direction from where you started."

Does 500m mean 500 blocks? And does it have to be 500 in one straight line? Or does it mean you just have to end up 500 blocks away from the start? If it means a straight shot that is kind of a pain because my track curves down my mine shaft (as I had to make a few turns to avoid caverns). If it is 500 blocks, that is pretty damn huge. I'd actually prefer doing an above ground rail to get to the other side of the map or something if that was the case. Doing 500 underground will be a pain and not really all that useful since you can just dig much closer to the start and get all you need. I mean, I already have nearly all I need from mining except, well, maybe more iron to make 500 track pieces! I think to make a set of 8 tracks you need, what, 5 iron ingots (plus wood)? So that's 63 sets at about 315 iron ingots. That's assuming 5 is correct - just going off my very bad memory here ;).

So I'm pretty much right in thinking that there is no quick way to get iron ore, right? Just keep mining away and looking to hit it. I've got this huge cave I'm in and I've only been digging in one direction. Maybe I'll go in another later on today.

Oh, and all the houses make my shitshack look worse than it is. Kudos!

^ Not that I know of - but just keep digging and you'll find more iron. It isn't that hard to find.

OK, so digging a little (on the Internet ;)) I found out about the mine cart achievement:

- It is 500 blocks of distance
- Can have kinks and turns, but you need to get 500 blocks away from the start so if you have turns you will need a lot more rail
- According to someone on the Interwebs, you need 192 iron to make enough track for a straight shot

I have probably 80-100 iron, though I keep using it to make iron pickaxes since I don't want to waste my diamond just yet. Maybe I'll stop doing that so I save as much as possible. I also wasted a ton making a full set of iron armor, which I then mostly broke by falling off cliffs #-o. I didn't realize the armor took the damage instead of my health (I thought it would just reduce damage taken - didn't realize it would break eventually). I was so used to just jumping off and not worrying about health (since it regenerates in Peaceful).

What I think I will do is dig up all the track I put underground and make a new track from the back of my house that goes across the map. That way I'll have a fast way to travel across the world too. When I'm done you guys are welcome to go for rides but if you mess up anything I'll ban you for life from CAG ;).

I just tamed my 5 wolf and got the last achievement.

I got the rail and portal achievement from a nice guy on xbox360achievements.org. The rail he had built was ridiculously long. I would never had the patience to build that myself. He did say he had a team of guys help him build it though.

[quote name='Hoffer']I just tamed my 5 wolf and got the last achievement.

I got the rail and portal achievement from a nice guy on xbox360achievements.org. The rail he had built was ridiculously long. I would never had the patience to build that myself. He did say he had a team of guys help him build it though.[/QUOTE]

Was his powered?

That's where I got my info above. I was reading the thread there and saw lots of people offering to get others the achievement and then rescinding those offers once someone came in and messed up their track.

What I'm going to have a hard time with is the pig one. My son had a saddle and I got on a pig but it never ran off anywhere to get hurt. Since you can't control them it can be tricky. I guess you could fence one in, then dig around the outside of the fence so there is a cliff on one side, then open that side up, saddle him up, and hope he falls out of the opening. That achievement bothers me a bit because it is so random. There's no point in it is what I mean. At least with all the others you have to craft something or do some engineering (like the mine cart one).

And I guess to get the wolf one I'm going to have to play with enemies for once. I have yet to do that ;). But I really don't want Creepers blowing up my house or anything near it. What exactly do they do? What makes them explode?

The wolf one is easy. Find a wolf, save, tame it, exit out without saving, go back in and repeat.

The pig one was tricky. You have to find a saddle, then what I did was trap a pig, then build a hole under it that was long enough.

I have a rail that's long enough if anyone wants the achievement, too. Built all by myself.

Anyway, I've started terraforming my level so I could see across it better since it's very easy to get lost due to the high hills and whatnot. Bad thing is that it takes forever to even do a small portion of the map.

[quote name='KingBroly']The wolf one is easy. Find a wolf, save, tame it, exit out without saving, go back in and repeat.

The pig one was tricky. You have to find a saddle, then what I did was trap a pig, then build a hole under it that was long enough.

I have a rail that's long enough if anyone wants the achievement, too. Built all by myself.

Anyway, I've started terraforming my level so I could see across it better since it's very easy to get lost due to the high hills and whatnot. Bad thing is that it takes forever to even do a small portion of the map.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a request!

I found a pig that was near a big drop off. So, I saved my game, saddled up and started smacking. I had to reload the game 3-4 times before I finally got him to fall off.

I don't know if the guy's rail was powered. I never started a rail and don't even know what that means. :) I'm pretty sure he just pushed me. He had the start pretty high up and the ride was pretty much downhill. The guy did say a guy came into his world to ride the rail and then burnt down his main building. I can't believe people can be such dicks.

I saved the wolves for last because I knew I'd need bones and that meant monsters. I just built a small house away from my stash for killing and hiding from monsters.

See I didn't know you could hit the pig while riding it. I wish I had known that before I wasted a saddle (in my son's game).

Apparently there is a seed you can use that spawns you right near a treasure chest with a saddle. So you could do this in another world just to get it out of the way. I saw this on xbox360achievements.org. The seed is "888". I might try that tonight.

Here's an update on my castle. I've got it all mapped out now, so it's just a matter of building up and filling up the insides with the stuff I need in there.

292609_386955191345657_100000935396630_1021946_1002752232_n.jpg

[quote name='advanced']Just built a portal and went to the Nether. Trippy stuff. How useful is it?[/QUOTE]

Well, the rock that is everywhere there you can light on fire and it stays lit forever. So you can do some pretty cool stuff with it. Like imagine Frisky's castle there ringed with flaming rocks ;).

In much harder to reach spots there are glow rocks which you can break and then reconstitute. Those can be used as another light source. I have some in my house now.

There is also "Soul Sand" which makes you walk slowly. I'm not sure what use it has other than maybe something to help trap monsters? I haven't found any of that yet anyway but I did see it in my son's game.

[quote name='io']Well, the rock that is everywhere there you can light on fire and it stays lit forever. So you can do some pretty cool stuff with it. Like imagine Frisky's castle there ringed with flaming rocks ;).

In much harder to reach spots there are glow rocks which you can break and then reconstitute. Those can be used as another light source. I have some in my house now.

There is also "Soul Sand" which makes you walk slowly. I'm not sure what use it has other than maybe something to help trap monsters? I haven't found any of that yet anyway but I did see it in my son's game.[/QUOTE]

I grabbed a bit of both (NetherRock and the gold light stuff). Didn't see an soul sand but I'll keep looking around.

Is it worth mining in the Nether like in the overworld? Or just taking what I can see on the surface and be done with it?

[quote name='advanced']I grabbed a bit of both (NetherRock and the gold light stuff). Didn't see an soul sand but I'll keep looking around.

Is it worth mining in the Nether like in the overworld? Or just taking what I can see on the surface and be done with it?[/QUOTE]

I think those 3 things (and some mushrooms) are all you will find. I had to mine to get the glow rocks though - didn't see any on the surface of the cave my portal opened up into. Just be careful because you are very likely to drop into a deep cavern while digging.

DAH im going insane. I found some netherrock or whatever being created naturally underground deep. So im like omg ok, all I need is a diamond pickaxe. Im talking about a whole room was made thanks to lava and water being there naturally. so cool beans. EXCEPT. I can't find fucking diamond anywhere for the life of me. It's driving me insane. I've gone down multiple ways, i've dug so deep that im starting to hit other paths I was digging across the map. Driving me fucking crazy. No fucking diamonds. argh.

I don't understand how the ranks work on the leaderboards but after another night of non-stop mining, I'm number 180 on Mining Blocks Easy. Out of a million, I guess that;s not bad. 28,707 cobblestone...

[quote name='AshesofWake']DAH im going insane. I found some netherrock or whatever being created naturally underground deep. So im like omg ok, all I need is a diamond pickaxe. Im talking about a whole room was made thanks to lava and water being there naturally. so cool beans. EXCEPT. I can't find fucking diamond anywhere for the life of me. It's driving me insane. I've gone down multiple ways, i've dug so deep that im starting to hit other paths I was digging across the map. Driving me fucking crazy. No fucking diamonds. argh.[/QUOTE]

You mean obsidian? Netherrack is in the "Nether" only (you get to it through an Obsidian portal) and can be mined with a normal pick-axe.

As for diamond (which you do need to mine obsidian) just keep looking. You will find it eventually. I found my first 10 on the walls of caves (not too far from where I found water and lava making the obsidian). I had heard you might have to look near those things to find it. But then last night in my "bottom of the world" mine I found some diamond way down there just by itself one block above the bedrock and solidly encased in regular stone. I just happened to drive my tunnel through it ;). I've found more diamond than gold, actually - but that may just be good luck one way and bad luck the other.

I just cant win with this game! First i tried to do something with lava and my house burns down. I completely redid my house (which turned out to be a good thing). I then ran out of materials so i got my younger brother to go and collect things for me while i build. I gave him all the supplies he could need (including my only Diamond Pickaxe!) and he dies (on peacefull!) which made me lose all my axes/supplies he was holding. Then an area i was working on flooded and i cant seem to get the water out. Then finally i made some progress and felt like taking a picture, took it, logged into facebook and then it kicked me out of my game losing the little bit of progress i made!

Here is what i have done so far (but i still have LOTS to do). And the little bit of work that was done on the 2nd floor is gone be cause i took this picture!
551848_237297306372406_100002764140868_314149_1428717190_n.jpg

Here is my castle that is mostly finished now:

485835_387590047948838_100000935396630_1023817_1592993263_n.jpg

The remaining things to do is move the garden down to the courtyard and get rid of the doors on the towers. I may add some more stuff in the future, like a moat around the castle and a pool in the courtyard. I went down into the monster cave, which forked at a certain point with one end going done and the other ends up by the spring below.

547352_386098821431294_100000935396630_1019911_1497105887_n.jpg

bread's done
Back