OFFICIAL Final Fantasy XII thread

I still haven't played the demo, I'm going to try it out before I pick up the game today.

Is the final game much different from the demo?

Ashe - Nuker/Tank/Damage Dealer. I gave her a ton of black magic power and physical attack power. On top of investing in shields and heavy armor. She absorbs damage while dealing it out in large doses. Though I plan to switch her to more of a power weapon soon. Like 2H swords.

Panelo - Basically a white mage/archer. I gave her a range weapon so she stays out of the melee, and loaded her with white magic. Ultimate healing machine.

Vaan - Thief type character. Light armor, dagger and speed bonuses.

Fran - Black mage basically.

Balthier - Gun with a mix of red mage (white and black).

Bacsh - Paladin type character. Some white magic and tanking skills.

Everyone has some "required" stuff though. Like all my characters have cure and raise.

if anyone is like 11ish hours in, I need some help with a boss..

The demon wall in Rainwalls tomb owns me every time.. i can get it halfway, but never farther. I'm using mostly melee, but I can't seem to damage it enough.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']if anyone is like 11ish hours in, I need some help with a boss..

The demon wall in Rainwalls tomb owns me every time.. i can get it halfway, but never farther. I'm using mostly melee, but I can't seem to damage it enough.
[/QUOTE]

Are you fighting the second one? The first is optional, and you probably want to skip it at least until you've finished the dungeon (so you've got a couple extra levels under your belt). Turn and run.

If you have the capability, mess around with mist knacks. That's the sure fire easiest way to take out these two bosses. It pretty much freezes time, so if you mess around to the point where you can pull off a 10-20 hit one, you'll have a huge advantage. Then when your mp runs out, sub in another character and have them start it up all over again. The boss will likely give out before you do. I wish I knew how to use em at that point in the game the way I do now.

Otherwise, you'll have to do it the way I did. Hit the switch on the left side to slow the boss down, then melee the living hell out of it whilst being prepared for status chenges that will no doubt mess with you. Best to buy plenty of items before hand, and have your weakest melee person throwing em out.

[quote name='infamyRISE']How the hell....?[/quote]

All of my people had cure and I went through about 40 potions. :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']All of my people had cure and I went through about 40 potions. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure who this guy is since I'm not that far yet, but that's hardcore and something I'd probably do.

I'm using the powerleveling strategy posted to get Vaan to a good level before I move on. Just got to level 10. Fish>all.

Anyone else dissapointed at all? So far all iv heard is positive for this game, and from mags and website reviews we were hearing things like best final fantasy ever or best RPG ever and greatest RPG of the year! Yet....im finding the game to be just ok. Iv played pretty 100s if not 1,000s of RPGs ranging from the FF games to less pop games like Disgaea to the unbelievably obscure like Demon of Laplace and others that didnt come stateside and XII deffintly doesnt top alot of games.

Dont get me wrong, I like this game....im just dissapointed in it both as an FF and for being as hyped as it was. The story seems all over the place thanks to horrible pacing and iv yet to really see any kind of charcter development. The gameplay is solid and I have no complaints with the changes, but the liscense system is weak. First off with charcters starting in similar spots with similar stats it means that it takes quite awhile to make them truely different from eachother. Second even as time goes on it looks like because of bad pacing here too we will see the charcters still not so horribly different from one another. They needed to either make LP come ALOT faster and add WAY more spaces to the liscense board, or they needed to make LP a slower gain but the spots on the board give larger stat boosts and better abilties...as well as spreading charcters out so they are not all the exact same.

Aagain, I AM enjoying the game, and I do think its a good game. Id just place this below FFX, VII, IX and even VI and IV if you judge them by the time at which they came out(dont get me wrong FFVI is my second fav game ever). I just feel this game so far is more of a mid 8 not the perfect 10 too many have hyped it to be.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm not sure who this guy is since I'm not that far yet, but that's hardcore and something I'd probably do.

I'm using the powerleveling strategy posted to get Vaan to a good level before I move on. Just got to level 10. Fish>all.[/quote]

Hes the fifth Hunt. Guide says hes only level 10, but he has 6000hp and hits for about 150.

[quote name='Kayden']All of my people had cure and I went through about 40 potions. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Bah, I have everyone w/ cure and their first +50 HP augment.

Still insane. Everyone's so busy curing theres not enough damage output. :(

I remember going through 20+ potions fighting the Flowering Cactoid hunt at lvl 5. Holy crap that was annoying, and then when it started healing itself I was close to just cutting my losses and leaving it...

I didn't have that much trouble with the Nidhogg. Mostly because I casted protect and Ashe had some crazy shield skills.
Aagain, I AM enjoying the game, and I do think its a good game. Id just place this below FFX, VII, IX and even VI and IV if you judge them by the time at which they came out(dont get me wrong FFVI is my second fav game ever). I just feel this game so far is more of a mid 8 not the perfect 10 too many have hyped it to be.
I've never played a game, except for Resident Evil 4 and KOTOR, that have lived up to hype. It just doesn't happen. You have to play a game and take it for what it is.

Though I disagree with you on the license board and the story. As you get farther in the game you're going to see your characters become quite different, if you choose to do so. Already there's a huge difference between my Panelo and my Ashe. As for the story, I'm a Suikoden fan. Slow building stories are the norm for me, and compared to Suikoden 5 this plot is flying.

Definitely not going to bother rating it against other RPGs yet. That would just be foolish when I haven't even come close to finishing it yet.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku'] Slow building stories are the norm for me, and compared to Suikoden 5 this plot is flying.
[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with this. Suikoden V's plot was somewhat slow-paced, but it was ALWAYS interesting right from the beginning. I cannot say the same for this game at all. I hope it gets better like Tales of the Abyss did.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I have to disagree with this. Suikoden V's plot was somewhat slow-paced, but it was ALWAYS interesting right from the beginning. I cannot say the same for this game at all. I hope it gets better like Tales of the Abyss did.[/QUOTE]
That's just a difference of opinion. I absolutely loved Suikoden 5. It's in my top 5 RPGs of all time. But the story started out far less interesting than FFXII's.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't have that much trouble with the Nidhogg. Mostly because I casted protect and Ashe had some crazy shield skills.

I've never played a game, except for Resident Evil 4 and KOTOR, that have lived up to hype. It just doesn't happen. You have to play a game and take it for what it is.

Though I disagree with you on the license board and the story. As you get farther in the game you're going to see your characters become quite different, if you choose to do so. Already there's a huge difference between my Panelo and my Ashe. As for the story, I'm a Suikoden fan. Slow building stories are the norm for me, and compared to Suikoden 5 this plot is flying.

Definitely not going to bother rating it against other RPGs yet. That would just be foolish when I haven't even come close to finishing it yet.[/QUOTE]

Ermmm my problem here isnt that the game is slow moving its that its fast and slow in the wrong parts. Its tossing lots of stuff at you plot wise...but not dealing with any of it nor actually developing the charcters.

As for the grid iv probally filled about 25% of it out...by now I should be seeing major differences.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Ermmm my problem here isnt that the game is slow moving its that its fast and slow in the wrong parts. Its tossing lots of stuff at you plot wise...but not dealing with any of it nor actually developing the charcters.

As for the grid iv probally filled about 25% of it out...by now I should be seeing major differences.[/QUOTE]
Ah. I don't see it then. I can see how it would be slow moving, but I'm not seeing it toss a lot of stuff at me. If anything I'd like it to toss more. I thought it was moving a bit on the slow side. As for the characters, every single review and impression of the game has stated multiple times that the characters are not the focus. If you didn't know that, it's really your own fault. Even the Xplay review mentioned it, and Xplay has to be the worst source of gaming reviews out there.

And if you've filled out that much of the board, and aren't seeing differences then that's your own fault as well.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyone else dissapointed at all? So far all iv heard is positive for this game, and from mags and website reviews we were hearing things like best final fantasy ever or best RPG ever and greatest RPG of the year! Yet....im finding the game to be just ok. Iv played pretty 100s if not 1,000s of RPGs ranging from the FF games to less pop games like Disgaea to the unbelievably obscure like Demon of Laplace and others that didnt come stateside and XII deffintly doesnt top alot of games.

Dont get me wrong, I like this game....im just dissapointed in it both as an FF and for being as hyped as it was. The story seems all over the place thanks to horrible pacing and iv yet to really see any kind of charcter development. The gameplay is solid and I have no complaints with the changes, but the liscense system is weak. First off with charcters starting in similar spots with similar stats it means that it takes quite awhile to make them truely different from eachother. Second even as time goes on it looks like because of bad pacing here too we will see the charcters still not so horribly different from one another. They needed to either make LP come ALOT faster and add WAY more spaces to the liscense board, or they needed to make LP a slower gain but the spots on the board give larger stat boosts and better abilties...as well as spreading charcters out so they are not all the exact same.

Aagain, I AM enjoying the game, and I do think its a good game. Id just place this below FFX, VII, IX and even VI and IV if you judge them by the time at which they came out(dont get me wrong FFVI is my second fav game ever). I just feel this game so far is more of a mid 8 not the perfect 10 too many have hyped it to be.[/QUOTE]

I'm still in the beginning, but this already is much better than the crap they through at us with FFX. Also, you do not need to judge either IV or VI via time in which they were released. If you released them today, VI would be better than any other game ever released still.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Ah. I don't see it then. I can see how it would be slow moving, but I'm not seeing it toss a lot of stuff at me. If anything I'd like it to toss more. I thought it was moving a bit on the slow side. As for the characters, every single review and impression of the game has stated multiple times that the characters are not the focus. If you didn't know that, it's really your own fault. Even the Xplay review mentioned it, and Xplay has to be the worst source of gaming reviews out there.

And if you've filled out that much of the board, and aren't seeing differences then that's your own fault as well.[/QUOTE]

So it cant be that I feel differently then you. I have to be wrong just because I disagree....right! Iv filled out alot of the board and went in different directions....half the board is useless or stuff we should get for free like the abilty to equip weapons.

And I try not to read reviews since they tend to bias you to a game.

And raven VI is my second fav game ever but by todays standards its average. The charcter development holds up.....but the translation was piss poor, the gameplay was borked and it was pretty cliche.

I think I'm going to have to agree with MSI Magus here. I'm about 15 hours in and nothing about this game has gave me the impression that it deserves the scores and the hype that it has been getting. As of right now I would probably give it an 8. I also really hate Vaan as the lead character, it should've been Balthier instead. When are we going to get some more manly lead characters in FF games? Someone that is old enough to have a beard and doesn't look like a homo.

The game's far better than I thought. I feared it would be a prettier but paler imitation of my favorite story driven RPG this gen, Xenosaga III.

Instead, it's threatening and has pretty much topped my favorite gameplay driven RPG, Dragon Quest VIII. There are plenty of flaws, but there's just so much to do in this one. And I like the more sophisticated feel of the plot in this one.

as much as I fought it, I did a semi-blind buy of the game today.

I played the demo that was packaged with DQ VIII and I didn't like it at all. I thought with all the crazy praise this one is getting, that it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Let's hope I don't regret it :)

I wasn't going to get it because I couldn't really get into Kingdom Hearts and wasn't as in love with FF-X as I was with previous volumes. I had thought that it was me that had changed and that I just didn't like standard RPGs anymore.

Now that you have my life story, I'll say that I'm loving the first few hours of the game. The story is pretty interesting and leaves me wanting more. The combat is much different than any RPG that I have played before, but it is fantastic. I love the faster pace and the on map battles... fighting doesn't seem as much like a distraction and is much more integrating into the game. In past games I remember sighing when the screen faded away and the battle music began when I just wanted to reach my destination. It took a minute even if i didn't want to actually finish the battle. This one feels much more natural.

To make a long story longer the battle system is the best I've seen in any RPG.

[quote name='Starky27']I remember going through 20+ potions fighting the Flowering Cactoid hunt at lvl 5. Holy crap that was annoying, and then when it started healing itself I was close to just cutting my losses and leaving it...[/quote]
Heh, yah, he was a little bastard. I tried to fight him alone but it would say 17 (my damamge I did to him) in white and then 0 in red. I didn't know if that meant I wasn't doing damage or if he just had a thorns effect but my damamge was so pathetic it only did 0 to me. :lol: So I just left until I got Penelo for a bit. I really lucked out when I went to kill him the second time. When he gets low on health he uses 1000 Needles and I blocked it with like 20 hp while casting cure. :lol:

[quote name='infamyRISE']Bah, I have everyone w/ cure and their first +50 HP augment.

Still insane. Everyone's so busy curing theres not enough damage output. :([/quote]

Yea... I got him down to 90% really fast, but then I got so busy curing that the last 10% was damn hard. I got to the point where I was curing constantly and almost out of MP (about 5 minutes of solid healing). So I said fuck it and just told them all to attack. He died in one hit and I was pissed. :lol:

I simply want to say that, while in my opinion FFX was a piece of crap, from a storyline, character and gameplay perspective. FFXII is FAR FAR superior.

No more am I simply walking in a mostly straight A to B line to see the next cheesy FMV sequence, while fighting random battles.

Now I'm exploring huge and almost maze like dungeons filled with monsters and treasures. SO much more fun. :)

[quote name='Dezuria']I simply want to say that, while in my opinion FFX was a piece of crap, from a storyline, character and gameplay perspective. FFXII is FAR FAR superior.

No more am I simply walking in a mostly straight A to B line to see the next cheesy FMV sequence, while fighting random battles.

Now I'm exploring huge and almost maze like dungeons filled with monsters and treasures. SO much more fun. :)[/QUOTE]

Ya but atleast X's plot had some kind of pacing and the charcters were developed. Hell X's charcters got development right from the very beggining of the game. And exploring huge dungeons is nice....but WTF is the point whenever the chests are largely chance/random and the stuff you buy is usually as good or better...it makes it so there is little point to actually exploring. Also its rather frustrating to turn a corner and run into a lvl 45 that whipes your whole party and you have to restart the 30 mins you just did.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Ya but atleast X's plot had some kind of pacing and the charcters were developed. Hell X's charcters got development right from the very beggining of the game. And exploring huge dungeons is nice....but WTF is the point whenever the chests are largely chance/random and the stuff you buy is usually as good or better...it makes it so there is little point to actually exploring. Also its rather frustrating to turn a corner and run into a lvl 45 that whipes your whole party and you have to restart the 30 mins you just did.[/QUOTE]

Exploring has a sense of danger to it. I like that--in any other Final Fantasy, you don't hesitate to fight. If there was no chance you could win, the enemy wouldn't even be in the area. Now you have to be careful where you wander off to, or be ready to have your ass handed to you faster than you can blink.

I don't know what your definition of "developed" is as far as characters are concerned, but the cast in XII absolutely runs a train on the whiny, irritating, stereotypical idiots in X.

Seriously, every aspect of FFXII is making X look like it had training wheels.

I'm really getting the hang of the new battle system. I'm not even that far into the game, but level grinding is a lot less tedious. A new element of strategy enters into picking fights rather than just random battles.

It's a bit jarring at first, but once you get the sense of the timing down, in relation to how the back and forth goes, how much damage you can do, you naturally fall into a groove. Now I haven't even gotten too far into the plot because I'm having too much fun just fighting.

[quote name='defiance_17']Exploring has a sense of danger to it. I like that--in any other Final Fantasy, you don't hesitate to fight. If there was no chance you could win, the enemy wouldn't even be in the area. Now you have to be careful where you wander off to, or be ready to have your ass handed to you faster than you can blink.

I don't know what your definition of "developed" is as far as characters are concerned, but the cast in XII absolutely runs a train on the whiny, irritating, stereotypical idiots in X.

Seriously, every aspect of FFXII is making X look like it had training wheels.[/QUOTE]

Danger is fine, and I compltly agree that X needed to be ALOT harder(pretty much every FF did). However in some areas its just not cool. Im ok with having to check an enemies level, and im ok with things like the T Rex roaming around. But things like the pinnaple are just not cool. I turn a corner then BAM a lvl 45 hits my whole lvl 15 party with for 1k+ damage. THATS not acceptable.

And see you just sound biased as hell when it comes to judging on story and charcters. Most people just think ok I dont like this persons personality so im going to call them a whiney brat and say the games bad...or wow that guy has a cool sword so hes uber cool! Thats not the way charcter development works. Charcters like Tidus and Wakka had pasts....pasts we began learning about from the start of the game....and pasts they even managed to intertwine amazingly(chapu anyone?). XII on the other hand at about 20 hours in has YET to reveal anything about any of the charcters accept Vaan and Ashe who are lead male and female. Its unacceptable.

I think that alot of people didnt like the emotion of FFX, dealing with love and emotions is more then alot of us geeks can handle ;) and Tidus didnt have the emo hardcore coolness of cloud and squall, nor was he a pimp like Zidane or Baltheir.....thus he was hated. Again the FFX cast had real emotions and histories and I think alot of people didnt know how to deal with it.

I also think besides some people just thinking adult art style + Basch/Baltheir being pimps = instantly cool game alot of people are just happy to have the new battle system. While its nice it doesnt make up for the flaws nor should people be judging other areas more positivly just because the battles are nice.

FF X had one of the poorest casts in RPG history, it was like every anime cliche in the book.

There were more palette swaps in FFX than in MK3.

[quote name='willardhaven']FF X had one of the poorest casts in RPG history, it was like every anime cliche in the book.

There were more palette swaps in FFX than in MK3.[/QUOTE]

You can take pretty much any game or story period and say the same. Baltheir is just the swav cool pirate, ashe is just the girl/boy struggling for her people, Basch is the knight trying to redeem himself, Panelo is the awkward girl in love etc etc. You can go through any game and do this. The difference was that while you COULD do that for FFX the charcters broke stereotypes to show real emotions and emotions outside of the box you would place them it. And more importantly they received actual development. We knew who they were and why they were that way....and we learned as the game went on not all at once. So far you cant say that of XII....the charcters are the stereotype and nothing more.

[quote name='Kayden']Hes the fifth Hunt. Guide says hes only level 10, but he has 6000hp and hits for about 150.[/QUOTE]

The Nidhogg was incredibly easy... my people were all at level 12, I just chained together some quickenings on him, I did about 6668 damage and he went down before he even got an attack off.

I was really expecting something insane going by this thread.

Now, that giant tortoise... that thing just whooped my ass.

[quote name='MSI Magus']You can take pretty much any game or story period and say the same. Baltheir is just the swav cool pirate, ashe is just the girl/boy struggling for her people, Basch is the knight trying to redeem himself, Panelo is the awkward girl in love etc etc. You can go through any game and do this. The difference was that while you COULD do that for FFX the charcters broke stereotypes to show real emotions and emotions outside of the box you would place them it. And more importantly they received actual development. We knew who they were and why they were that way....and we learned as the game went on not all at once. So far you cant say that of XII....the charcters are the stereotype and nothing more.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was just the awful voice acting, but I absolutely loathed every character in FFX. After 40-plus hours, I didn't give a shit what happened to any of them. I just wanted them to stop talking.
I would love even one example of how anyone in FFX broke any stereotype or showed any emotion "outside of the box." Yuna struggling between her "role" and what she believes in? Wakka torn between tradition and modernism? Tidus and his daddy issues? Please. You're just grabbing at open air so you don't feel obligated to wear long sleeves for the rest of your life. ;)

[quote name='defiance_17']Maybe it was just the awful voice acting, but I absolutely loathed every character in FFX. After 40-plus hours, I didn't give a shit what happened to any of them. I just wanted them to stop talking.
I would love even one example of how anyone in FFX broke any stereotype or showed any emotion "outside of the box." Yuna struggling between her "role" and what she believes in? Wakka torn between tradition and modernism? Tidus and his daddy issues? Please. You're just grabbing at open air so you don't feel obligated to wear long sleeves for the rest of your life. ;)[/QUOTE]

The voice acting wasnt even that bad. maybe the voices grated on peoples nerves, but it atleast showed emotion which is more then you can say about ALOT of RPGs.

As for being otuside the box , heres one. Yes Wakka started off as the hard headed traditionalist who slowly struggled with a changing world. However, there was also the whole dynamic with Chapu, Tidus and Lulu as well as the whole racism thing against al behd and how they made it connect to both Riku and Yuna. These two things alone developed not only Wakka but all of the charcters and they deffintly made wakka step outside just being the knucklehead traditionalist.

At the very first town in the game they started this side story that revealed more about these charcters. Again even if you feel he remained a stereotype its imposisble to argue with events like this that they received less development then the charcters in XII. FF VI, VII and X are shining examples of charcter development in RPGs, even if you feel the charcters in these games remained a stereotype you cant argue that these charcters had histories, emotions and reasons for their actions.

[quote name='MSI Magus']The voice acting wasnt even that bad. maybe the voices grated on peoples nerves, but it atleast showed emotion which is more then you can say about ALOT of RPGs.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna jump into the entire debate, but I WILL say that I've never played an RPG where the voices weren't bad! They ALL sound pretty lame to me! Even if some are better than others, there's always one or two characters or actors that sound so freaking lame, with the wrong intonation and emotion.

I've only played a couple hours into FFXII, so I have no judgement yet on pretty much anything in the game, but I'm hopeful on everything based on what I've read and everyone has said.

I like the battle system--reminds me of a cross between FFXI, which I sunk god knows how many hours into on PC, and Star Ocean TTEOT.

Ok, now back to your debate on character development...

[quote name='keithp']Even if some are better than others, there's always one or two characters or actors that sound so freaking lame, with the wrong intonation and emotion.
.[/QUOTE]

Vaan.

FFXII is the first final fantasy i've really enjoyed since FFVII. Others I felt like i was playing through just to get the story, and putting up with other things. This is a great game. Love the changes.

[quote name='Roufuss']The Nidhogg was incredibly easy... my people were all at level 12, I just chained together some quickenings on him, I did about 6668 damage and he went down before he even got an attack off.

I was really expecting something insane going by this thread.

Now, that giant tortoise... that thing just whooped my ass.[/quote]
:lol: I don't get quickenings. I got one and couldn't figure out what the hell was going on, so I reset and didn't get it again.

[quote name='Kayden']:lol: I don't get quickenings. I got one and couldn't figure out what the hell was going on, so I reset and didn't get it again.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure someone like Rei can explain them alot better than I can, so I'll just let him do it whenever he shows up online :lol:

Basacially Quickenings are the ticket to huge amounts of damage... my characters are starting to fall into roles now that I'm having them go after different quickenings on the board (since only one person can get any specific quickening).

Minor minor spoilers - When you get to a point in fighting a certain boss -
Demon Wall, the first Demon Wall
is optional but if you beat it, it opens a passage way to a chest which 25% of the time contains a Demonsbane, a sword which at that time is very powerful (does 59 attack compared to the best weapon you can buy at the time - 35 attack).

Not to get into too many details, but save the game after you beat the optional
1st Demon Wall,
and if the chest doesn't contain the Demonsbane, re-load the save. The best part is since the chest respawns, you can get unlimited Demonsbanes (if you are patient to get them due to the 25% chance).

Before my characters were doing 225 damage per attack but now I got 4 of them topping 550. Things are gonna be a cake-walk for whatever my next dungeon or boss fight is.

[quote name='Kendro']Minor minor spoilers - When you get to a point in fighting a certain boss -
Demon Wall, the first Demon Wall
is optional but if you beat it, it opens a passage way to a chest which 25% of the time contains a Demonsbane, a sword which at that time is very powerful (does 59 attack compared to the best weapon you can buy at the time - 35 attack).

Not to get into too many details, but save the game after you beat the optional
1st Demon Wall,
and if the chest doesn't contain the Demonsbane, re-load the save. The best part is since the chest respawns, you can get unlimited Demonsbanes (if you are patient to get them due to the 25% chance).

Before my characters were doing 225 damage per attack but now I got 4 of them topping 550. Things are gonna be a cake-walk for whatever my next dungeon or boss fight is.[/quote]Thanks dude. I got killed twice now and I really didnt want to fight him. Even though the weapon is powerful its not worth hours and hours of my life.

I'm five hours into FFXII.. bought it on a whim. Started raining (first rain) as I walked out of the store. Good sign for video game weather. This is the first FF on a modern system I've bought and the first I've enjoyed (I've played around a little with VII, VIII and X).

I have an important question: am i supposed to know about mists by now? I am level 9 and dont' have one. I just looked on gamefaqs and didn't see any clear guide. Can someone help explain these or point me to a faq that I can check before I have to leave work (I don't have net at home right now and I want to work on this game this weekend!)

Any help appreciated!

:bouncy:

Where is this fucking pineapple! This guide sucks. It says be on the lookout for him, but it doesn't say where the fuck he is or how to locate him.

I also don't like how vague it is. I read through the quickening section and still had no idea as to what I should actually do. I knew how it'd work, but not what was going on.

Also, for chains, it tells you the stats of the different levels of chains, but it doesn't tell you how many kills unlock them or how to distinguish between them. And what does the different text mean? Sometimes its green, sometimes white, I think its also red... and then it flashes... what the hell does it all mean!?

I have a question: exactly how hard-pressed are you for gil throughout this game? I'm assuming it gets easier as you go on and then eventually there's some Gil exploit leaving you set for the rest of the game (a la previous FF's).

I've heard things are tough and you'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel for most of the game... major suckage?

bread's done
Back