OFFICIAL HALO 2 CAG CLAN THREAD #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Scorch']I don't understand this.. played tonight, things went fine.. as the game progressed, my connection seemed to get slow and slower and it bottomed out at 1 red bar.. then came back up to 2, then 3.. I haven't had ANY problems at all regarding my internet.. fastest speeds ever this week actually, hitting 500kb/s.. I wonder why my XBox is doing this.

That was awesome though, every time I ran into Shrike, we'd end up killing each other.. him usually with a grenade, me with a shot/melee attack to the head.

How is "FlavaFlav2004" getting one shot kills with the shotgun? I'd be close range and shoot him in the chest/neck area three times and he'd still be alive, he'd shoot me once and I died.. wtf..[/quote]

Nice Edit. ;)

Sometimes the connection is just shitty. It has happend to me before, and I just reset everything and normally it does the job. Sometimes the shotgun doesn't kill in one hit. You have to be extremely close. I know this from experience in shotgun matches with Arikado. :)[/quote]

And this is the game in question:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=48993876&player=SHRIKE4242

That was a fun game with the shotgun, and Scorch is right, we'd run into one another and end up killing each other, at least 3 times.

And yes, Trakan, shotgun duels with Arikado are scary things. :shock:

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shrike4242']Proof that even I can end up winning a game of Slayer:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=49068009&player=SHRIKE4242

With mostly clan members, too. :D :D :D

I think that sensitivity at 6 seems to work pretty good so far to me, so I think it's time to leave it there for a little bit and see where it goes.[/quote]

Damn, shrike! Nice![/quote]

Even had a killing spree as well. And now I have a understanding of why people like the Plasma Pistol/SMG combo, as well as the Magnum/SMG combo. Since a good deal of my kills came that way.

The thing is, i'm AWESOME with a shotgun. Especially in Counter-Strike. I used to go 30-2 on full servers with JUST a shotgun. Maybe it's the sensitivity that's messing me up.. I often find myself cursing at how slow he turns around, yet i've never even thought of adjusting the sensitivity.

That was hilarious, though. Shrike would fire, I would melee, and we'd both die at once.

[quote name='Trakan']Nice Edit.[/quote]

Like that? That's what I like to call a "Ninja Edit"!
ninja3.gif

[quote name='Scorch']The thing is, i'm AWESOME with a shotgun. Especially in Counter-Strike. I used to go 30-2 on full servers with JUST a shotgun. Maybe it's the sensitivity that's messing me up.. I often find myself cursing at how slow he turns around, yet i've never even thought of adjusting the sensitivity.

That was hilarious, though. Shrike would fire, I would melee, and we'd both die at once.[/quote]

This is Halo 2 though, not CS. ;) Also remember you can adjust your all of your settings (sensitivity) mid-match if need be.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Scorch']The thing is, i'm AWESOME with a shotgun. Especially in Counter-Strike. I used to go 30-2 on full servers with JUST a shotgun. Maybe it's the sensitivity that's messing me up.. I often find myself cursing at how slow he turns around, yet i've never even thought of adjusting the sensitivity.

That was hilarious, though. Shrike would fire, I would melee, and we'd both die at once.[/quote]

This is Halo 2 though, not CS. ;)[/quote]

I know. My point is that CS is a lot harder/steeper learning curve than Halo and I didn't understand why I was having problems with Halo 2 but not CS.

I should get that mouse adapter for the XBox.

Yeah Halo is alot easier to be decent at then CS

I think its harder to be really good at

If you guys have ever played some of the top players who use the dual pistol combo you know what i mean

How many fucking cheaters did we end up playing against tonight? I swear it was close to 85% of the games. :evil:

[quote name='Crymson']How many shaq-fuing cheaters did we end up playing against tonight? I swear it was close to 85% of the games. :evil:[/quote]

No kidding. Two games in a row we ran into blatant, unquestionable cheating.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Crymson']How many shaq-fuing cheaters did we end up playing against tonight? I swear it was close to 85% of the games. :evil:[/quote]

No kidding. Two games in a row we ran into blatant, unquestionable cheating.[/quote]

What kind of cheating?

just dropping a line letting you guys know ill be able to play with the CAG this coming week (was out of town the past week or so)

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Scorch']I don't understand this.. played tonight, things went fine.. as the game progressed, my connection seemed to get slow and slower and it bottomed out at 1 red bar.. then came back up to 2, then 3.. I haven't had ANY problems at all regarding my internet.. fastest speeds ever this week actually, hitting 500kb/s.. I wonder why my XBox is doing this.

That was awesome though, every time I ran into Shrike, we'd end up killing each other.. him usually with a grenade, me with a shot/melee attack to the head.

How is "FlavaFlav2004" getting one shot kills with the shotgun? I'd be close range and shoot him in the chest/neck area three times and he'd still be alive, he'd shoot me once and I died.. wtf..[/quote]

Nice Edit. ;)

Sometimes the connection is just shitty. It has happend to me before, and I just reset everything and normally it does the job. Sometimes the shotgun doesn't kill in one hit. You have to be extremely close. I know this from experience in shotgun matches with Arikado. :)[/quote]

That was a fun game with the shotgun, and Scorch is right, we'd run into one another and end up killing each other, at least 3 times.

And yes, Trakan, shotgun duels with Arikado are scary things. :shock:[/quote]

I led that game a lot of the way through but I couldnt kill a flea in the last 4 minutes

[quote name='craven_fiend']if i ever win a slayer match, hell must be getting ready to freeze over.[/quote]

I actually won the first slayer match I ever played, a few days ago. I found out quickly that it was a fluke.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Crymson']How many shaq-fuing cheaters did we end up playing against tonight? I swear it was close to 85% of the games. :evil:[/quote]

No kidding. Two games in a row we ran into blatant, unquestionable cheating.[/quote]

What kind of cheating?[/quote]

It's like every friday night the asshat line stops at Tardsville station and they all wanna get thier bullshittery on in Halo2. Probably the worst night of gaming I've yet experienced. Several obvious cases of lag cheating, alot of 45 minutes sessions of hiding the bombs in overtime, tons of stalemates, few wins, tons of punkass kids cluttering up my night... I'll probably find something better to do on the weekends now and play weekday nights when those little shits have to be in bed when mommy says so.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Scorch']I don't understand this.. played tonight, things went fine.. as the game progressed, my connection seemed to get slow and slower and it bottomed out at 1 red bar.. then came back up to 2, then 3.. I haven't had ANY problems at all regarding my internet.. fastest speeds ever this week actually, hitting 500kb/s.. I wonder why my XBox is doing this.

Nice Edit. ;)

And yes, Trakan, shotgun duels with Arikado are scary things. :shock:[/quote]

I led that game a lot of the way through but I couldnt kill a flea in the last 4 minutes[/quote]

I sucked ass in that game. Man, I dunno what happened.

But I totally redeemed myself in the Team Ball game at the end.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=49032477&player=thewivil

If you guys wonder what happened to me at 3:30AM.....I fell asleep....

Sorry!! ;-) !!!

I woke up booted from the room at 5am with a controller in my hand.....

Next time, when I say I gotta go.....I probably should go, not do another game.... lol .....well, sorry again guys!

[quote name='Crymson']How many shaq-fuing cheaters did we end up playing against tonight? I swear it was close to 85% of the games. :evil:[/quote]

Out of like 16 games we played, 13 cheated at least once.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Crymson']How many shaq-fuing cheaters did we end up playing against tonight? I swear it was close to 85% of the games. :evil:[/quote]

Out of like 16 games we played, 13 cheated at least once.[/quote]

How do people cheat?

Thanks for the tips yesterday btw Zewone. I used them well in some capture the flag matches.

Do yall plan on playing tonight? I went out and drank so much I was afraid of firing up the box in fear that i might break it in my drunken stupor.

[quote name='starman9000'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='Crymson']How many shaq-fuing cheaters did we end up playing against tonight? I swear it was close to 85% of the games. :evil:[/quote]

Out of like 16 games we played, 13 cheated at least once.[/quote]

How do people cheat?

Thanks for the tips yesterday btw Zewone. I used them well in some capture the flag matches.[/quote]

No problem. People cheat by doing a glitch called "standby" and "dummy" these are 2 completely different cheats but you will see them a lot. Standby makes it so the person with the fastest connection is the only one in the game and can score/kill/arm whatever while everyone else is in the blue lag screen. Dummy is a cheat people use to score almost instantly on CTF. I don't want to explain how to use them so more people don't cheat.

To give people an idea of what they should look for in regards to cheats, without actually telling anyone how they work:

Modem/Standby

The person using the cheat will bottle-neck their connection, which makes it very difficult to upload their network info. In other words, it takes a very long time for your Xbox to know what he/she is actually doing in-game, because your Xbox simply isn't recieving the info anymore.

Eventually, your Xbox, along with anyone else not employing the cheat, will take you to the blue "Re-establishing game connection" screen. While you're staring at that screen, the cheater is wandering the map completely unchecked. By the time your connection catches up to the action, the cheater has usually taken your flag/planted a bomb/killed numerous people.

What to look for: The most obvious implication is when you return from the blue screen to find that the other team has completed an objective, like taking/capping a flag or planting a bomb. Most often seen in objective games (CTF, Assault).

"Dummy"

I haven't seen this as often as Standby, so I'm still a bit bewildered by it. To my knowledge, it can only be used in CTF games. It involves the cheaters getting the passenger seat of the Warthog near your flag, be it in your base or otherwise. Then, somehow, the flag will immediately be transported outside or to their base for an easy score that you simply cannot prevent.

What to look for: The two big giveaways to this cheat are that the cheaters are getting that hog obnoxiously close to your flag. And, then, seeing your flag literally disappear and reappear on your HUD at the other end of the map. I'm still not sure if a hog is necessary for this cheat,because last night on Zanzibar we witnessed it happen without a hog anywhere near the flag.

I'd like to remind everyone that, if you see this happen and are confident that they were cheating, report them through XBL. Press Y, scroll to "Recent Players," and you should see the names of everyone you were just playing with. Press X, select "Leave Feedback," then select "Cheating."

Another reminder: if we ever find out that ANY player has EVER used these cheats, be it with the clan or not, GOODBYE. Zero tolerance on cheating folks. There's no excuse for it. Do it, and you're gone.

[quote name='Ledhed']Another reminder: if we ever find out that ANY player has EVER used these cheats, be it with the clan or not, GOODBYE. Zero tolerance on cheating folks. There's no excuse for it. Do it, and you're gone.[/quote]

He's a mod AND staff. Might want to listen to him on that point. :D

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Ledhed']Another reminder: if we ever find out that ANY player has EVER used these cheats, be it with the clan or not, GOODBYE. Zero tolerance on cheating folks. There's no excuse for it. Do it, and you're gone.[/quote]

He's a mod AND staff. Might want to listen to him on that point. :D[/quote]

Shrike you are like Led's hired muscle. I get this picture of you in a suit cracking walnuts and glowering at anyone that looks sideways at led. I'm just playing though enjoyed our matches last night. Me thinks its time Bungie put an update out because these are the kind of things that will drive folks away from these games.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Ledhed']Another reminder: if we ever find out that ANY player has EVER used these cheats, be it with the clan or not, GOODBYE. Zero tolerance on cheating folks. There's no excuse for it. Do it, and you're gone.[/quote]

Shrike you are like Led's hired muscle. I get this picture of you in a suit cracking walnuts and glowering at anyone that looks sideways at led. I'm just playing though enjoyed our matches last night. Me thinks its time Bungie put an update out because these are the kind of things that will frive folks away from these games.[/quote]

Yeah, and fix the damn networking problems.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Ledhed']Another reminder: if we ever find out that ANY player has EVER used these cheats, be it with the clan or not, GOODBYE. Zero tolerance on cheating folks. There's no excuse for it. Do it, and you're gone.[/quote]

Shrike you are like Led's hired muscle. I get this picture of you in a suit cracking walnuts and glowering at anyone that looks sideways at led. I'm just playing though enjoyed our matches last night. Me thinks its time Bungie put an update out because these are the kind of things that will frive folks away from these games.[/quote]

Yeah, and fix the damn networking problems.[/quote]

jlarlee: Led's hired muscle? My my my. Nice visual. :D I also enjoyed the games last night, the twinks we were stuck with in BTB notwithstanding. And yes, patches are so overdo, it's ridiculous.

Trakan: I'm with you there. My 5MB DSL connection even gets lagged. I don't think so.

Yeah, shrike, I was referring to the bungie problems, not you as Led's hired muscle, even though it is kind of funny. :)

[quote name='Trakan']Yeah, shrike, I was referring to the bungie problems, not you as Led's hired muscle, even though it is kind of funny. :)[/quote]

I guess that means I'm responsible for:

:fridge:

:twoguns:

:boxing:

.... being the hired muscle. :D

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Trakan']Yeah, shrike, I was referring to the bungie problems, not you as Led's hired muscle, even though it is kind of funny. :)[/quote]

I guess that means I'm responsible for:

:fridge:

:twoguns:

:boxing:

.... being the hired muscle. :D[/quote]

Don't forget New jersey neckties and cement shoes

[quote name='Ledhed'] I'm still not sure if a hog is necessary for this cheat,because last night on Zanzibar we witnessed it happen without a hog anywhere near the flag.[/quote]

No. You still need the hog. The thing is you probably blew the hog up but the "dummy" still stays where it blew up even after the game removes the derbis from the field. The hog isn't there but he is. Hard to explain, but I hope you get it.

This is why the first thing I do in Zanizibar is haul ass to the camo tower, steal their shotgun, kill their sniper and check to see if any elites are hopping in and out of their hog down on the beach.
It might be time consuming but it's effective if only for taking out their cheapass sniper before he gets atop the seawall and maybe stealing one of their ghosts.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']congrats on 5000 posts zewone. and congrats to me for 500.[/quote]

Thanks. Congrats as well.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']This is why the first thing I do in Zanizibar is haul ass to the camo tower, steal their shotgun, kill their sniper and check to see if any elites are hopping in and out of their hog down on the beach.
It might be time consuming but it's effective if only for taking out their cheapass sniper before he gets atop the seawall and maybe stealing one of their ghosts.[/quote]

I do a similar thing on Coag. I race on the Ghost to get the rocket launcher to make sure the hog gets no where near the flag.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']congrats on 5000 posts zewone. and congrats to me for 500.[/quote]

Congrats to you both, coming from inbetween you two. :D

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Ledhed'] I'm still not sure if a hog is necessary for this cheat,because last night on Zanzibar we witnessed it happen without a hog anywhere near the flag.[/quote]

No. You still need the hog. The thing is you probably blew the hog up but the "dummy" still stays where it blew up even after the game removes the derbis from the field. The hog isn't there but he is. Hard to explain, but I hope you get it.[/quote]

I think I saw someone I was playing with (non-clan, didn't know them, as we were tossed together in BTB) was trying that. Guy got into the hog, though tried to get out, and it almost looked like he was in the hog and out of it at the same time. Might've been the lag giving that impression, though the guy un the passenger seat seemed to be trying to pull of something like Ledhed and zewone described between them.

Whatever he was trying didn't work, since he was sniped pretty quickly afterwards.

Played a bunch of TS with z, mogmaster, and some with King Dox and Arikado. Great games, we won almost all of them.

[quote name='jlarlee']Shrike you are like Led's hired muscle.[/quote]

In spite of the homosexual connotations of "hired muscle," it's far better than shrike and I's "Batman and Robin" scenario that we discussed once in a PM. :lol:

Getting on in about 5 or so.

I don't think I'll be playing tonight. I'm actually getting sick because of staying up so late and not sleeping enough, which honestly sucks. Put me on the IR as well... Also, I believe that there are more cheaters on Friday/Saturday night...and because of that I'm glad I'm not there. I'll be very busy tommorow but unless I come down with something really bad, I'll get in a few matches.

I'm going to go on tomorrow I was on today for a while but no one was on. Hope to play with ya guys tomorrow!

So the deal is pretty much that I'm going to buy an Xbox and Halo 2, but I won't have a mic for a week or so, so I'll be mute. Sorry guys!

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']So the deal is pretty much that I'm going to buy an Xbox and Halo 2, but I won't have a mic for a week or so, so I'll be mute. Sorry guys![/quote]

Just remember that, if we're gathering for ranked games, players with mics take priority. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Fun games tonite. I'll post "the" game whenever my stats update.

And Id' like to add that players should be weary of challenging Arikado to a 1-on-1; he might just hand you your ass on a fucking silver platter. :wink:

[quote name='Ledhed']I'll post "the" game whenever my stats update.

And Id' like to add that players should be weary of challenging Arikado to a 1-on-1; he might just hand you your ass on a shaq-fuing silver platter. :wink:[/quote]

I'd like to see "the" game. :)

Who'd be stupid enough to challenge Arikado to a 1-on-1? :lol:

[quote name='Trakan']Who'd be stupid enough to challenge Arikado to a 1-on-1? :lol:[/quote]

The guy from "the" game. Jimmie and shrike already know where this is going. :lol:

Come to think of it, I would challenge Arikado one on one, would be an interesting game. Although one on one matches hardly prove who the better player is, as there are many factors which influences the outcomes of such games. Stress, pressure, lag, camping, any spectators may be distracting or perhaps helping one person out(picking up certain weapons, stealing powerups, delivering weapons, causing a commotion.) These types of matches prove only a few things: who can get to the better weapons the fastest, players knowledge of a particular map, and most importantly their tactics for a one on one atmosphere. I've played a few one on ones in the era of Halo 1, and the games are usually cat and mouse, one person runs the other pursues, then the roles reverse. If both contestants have the sheer determination to win a battle then the game can go on forever, usually one person will give up hope and the game ends quickly thereafter.

One on One capabilities boil down to who has the better weapons or perhaps the better mastery of the weapons. Real skill is a culmination of assessing your enemy, picking apart their defenses, exploiting their weaknesses, and most importantly being able to engage the enemy using strategy or tactics based on such skills. That opportunity is rarely afforded in a one on one game, perhaps due to the reason that you must first FIND the enemy :lol: , which usually ends with a SURPRISE, you're dead.

The only way I would challange Arikado in a 1 on 1 game is if HE only used dual plasma pistols the whole game and I got to use whatever. But the said thing is I would probably still end up lossing lol.

[quote name='Ledhed']"Dummy"

I haven't seen this as often as Standby, so I'm still a bit bewildered by it. To my knowledge, it can only be used in CTF games. It involves the cheaters getting the passenger seat of the Warthog near your flag, be it in your base or otherwise. Then, somehow, the flag will immediately be transported outside or to their base for an easy score that you simply cannot prevent.

What to look for: The two big giveaways to this cheat are that the cheaters are getting that hog obnoxiously close to your flag. And, then, seeing your flag literally disappear and reappear on your HUD at the other end of the map. I'm still not sure if a hog is necessary for this cheat,because last night on Zanzibar we witnessed it happen without a hog anywhere near the flag.[/quote]

I don't think that the location of the Warthog is important, once the cheat has been successfully "started" (for lack of a better word).

I have witnessed this a couple of times, and have read a bit about it. I wont go into how it works (or how I think it works, since I haven't actually tried it), however, the counter isnt that difficult once you know what is going on. When someone is using this cheat they will remain on the map, appearing as a stationary opponent. If you go over and "touch" them (I prefer a shotgun blast to the head) the cheat is "broken" and they are returned to their body. If you are on a team with people that are trying to cheat, you can use the physical attack to fuck with their being successful (and you being associated with the cheaters).

From what I have read, the cheat is easiest to pull off with the Warthog, so look at vehicle spawn points for suspected cheaters. This is why others have sugested going to the beach in Zanzibar, for example, and killing any motionless opponents as soon as possible. However, I have read other accounts where the cheat was accomplished without the aid of a vehicle.

[quote name='Ledhed']Another reminder: if we ever find out that ANY player has EVER used these cheats, be it with the clan or not, GOODBYE. Zero tolerance on cheating folks. There's no excuse for it. Do it, and you're gone.[/quote]

Just wanted to quote Led, so everyone knows...

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='jlarlee']Shrike you are like Led's hired muscle.[/quote]

In spite of the homosexual connotations of "hired muscle," it's far better than shrike and I's "Batman and Robin" scenario that we discussed once in a PM. :lol:

Getting on in about 5 or so.[/quote]

The batman and robin scenairo is only bad if cod pieces were included

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back