Register Brain Age 2 for free DS Lite Stylus Set!

[quote name='shrike4242']Followed euaget's instructions, no go. Didn't work at all.

fuck you, Nintendo, for having such a good web programming staff. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you followed every direction? It wasn't working for me too until I actually followed every direction euaget outline. Give it another try.

[quote name='blueweltall']Are you sure you followed every direction? It wasn't working for me too until I actually followed every direction euaget outline. Give it another try.[/QUOTE]

I also couldn't get it to work following his instructions until I switch browsers. Once I tried using Firefox, it worked for me.

[quote name='blueweltall']Are you sure you followed every direction? It wasn't working for me too until I actually followed every direction euaget outline. Give it another try.[/quote]

I'm having a cookie problems. How do I enable cookies for this site (I thought I had them on but whatever)?

[quote name='eugaet']OK, got it to work. Not sure if any one thing was the main reason it worked, but here's what I did:
  • Logged off of My Nintendo
  • Closed browser
  • Opened browser and went straight to https://www.nintendo.com/brainage2/ without logging in. Should see the specifics of the promo.
  • Clicked the click here to sign up link (you'll notice the link is set to redirect you back to /brainage2/index.jsp after logging in or creating a new account)
  • Logged in w/ my credentials
  • Redirected to survey, which I completed and was told to expect the gift box, blah blah blah
For what it's worth, after logging in I was redirected to http://www.nintendo.com/brainage2/survey.jsp ...might give that link a go.[/QUOTE]

Yet another thanks, this worked!! :)

[quote name='blueweltall']Are you sure you followed every direction? It wasn't working for me too until I actually followed every direction euaget outline. Give it another try.[/quote]Yes, I followed every single step, both with IE6 and Firefox 2. On two different PC's.

Error message from Firefox:
[quote name='Firefox error']The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.[/quote]IE just has the page coming up as being not available, and appearing to time out.

Once again, Nintendo, you can't program a webpage to save your fucking life.

I did have my cookies enabled the whole time.

I exited my browser and went through the steps again and this time it worked. I know I clicked the box for Nintendo to remember my password this time too. Maybe that did something (doubtful but whatever).

So I'll be joining the Rainbow Stylus CAG Crew too!

[quote name='monkeydeew']id trade all those rainbow stylus's for a pencil themed stylus, or one of those snowglobes from ba1[/quote]

You can probably find the Pac Pix pencil stylus on eBay.

I'm going to order this game from Buy.com with GCO today. Can't wait to apply for this set!

Finally got through (I think)

Kept getting "This page isn't redirecting properly" errors on all of the .jsp pages (index.jsp, survey.jsp, award.jsp) but it finally came up after I kept refreshing it. Nintendo had better count it!

Thanks eugaet!

I followed the instructions, with the additional steps of cleaning out my browser cache and removing the my.nintendo.com cookies. I got the survey and completed it this morning.

Edit: I'm using Firefox 2

Thanks Eugaet, it finally worked by following your steps.

Only problem I'm having now is when you get to the last page to confirm that you want to receive the stylus set and I click the button to do so, it is unable to direct me any further and I get an error page. I've tried refreshing and I just continue to get the same error page telling me that I am being redirected in a way where I will be unable to connect. Hopefully I went far enough that I will still receive the set.

EDIT: nm, cleared my cookies, logged back in and got the confirmation page as well as just received the confirmation email. Cool!

For some reason it wouldnt work on my vista desktop for the life of me, so I booted up my laptop running xp, and it worked first try. I dont know if it has anything to do with the OS, but xp worked for me.

[quote name='gunm']Edit: this also disproves certain posters who insisted that the survey would only come via email. I do hope those individuals who were condescending enough to assume that their way was the correct way continue to wait for their email survey so we can find out if that way works, too.[/QUOTE]

I got the following e-mail with a link to the survey in it.
Congratulations!

By registering your Brain Age 2 software with Nintendo's Online Product Registration, and completing our Product Survey, you have qualified to receive our latest My Nintendo Membership Reward - a DS Lite Stylus Set!

If you haven't done so already, let us know that you want to receive this awesome reward by going to: http://www.nintendo.com/brainage2/

If you decide to accept this reward, your DS Lite Stylus Set will be mailed on or after October 1, 2007. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks in the U.S. and 6 to 10 weeks in Canada for your package to arrive. An email will be sent when your DS Lite Stylus Set is shipped.

Your My Nintendo Membership Reward will be mailed to the following address:

I got that email as well, but the link it gives doesn't have anywhere to choose "yes!". Is this just bad programming or is there even more to do?

I got that email after I completed the survey. I'm pretty sure it's just a confirmation email under the victim of bad copywriting, and that there isn't any more actions to perform after the survey.

Had a ton of problems at first, was able to "complete" the survey today.

Finished all of it and hit the submit button, now getting cookies/unable to load errors on all the pages, including http://www.nintendo.com/brainage2/award.jsp

using the latest firefox.

I did, however, receive the congratulations e-mail encouraging me to go to the link and select I wanted the gift, which given the response here seems unnecessary. But that page won't load either. :)

Tried IE7, fail.

How'd you FF lovers get 'er to work?

EDIT: After the millionth random refresh, I get back to my PC to see that the award.jsp page has loaded, and it DOES have a box to click to confirm your order of the stylus set.

Do not miss your confirmation CAG'ers! http://www.nintendo.com/brainage2/thanks.jsp is the final URL you should see

"
Your order has been sent and will be processed. Please allow 4-6 weeks to receive your DS Lite Stylus Gift Box. Thank you for participating, and keep checking Nintendo.com for more benefits for My Nintendo members.
"

[quote name='jonboy71']Doing it in Firefox is the key. I have IE 7 with Vista and it DID NOT WORK! As soon as I tried it with Firefox, it worked fine.[/quote]

I don't think Firefox is the key considering I did it with IE7 and it worked fine.

[quote name='petersen98374']I got the following e-mail with a link to the survey in it.
Congratulations!

By registering your Brain Age 2 software with Nintendo's Online Product Registration, and completing our Product Survey, you have qualified to receive our latest My Nintendo Membership Reward - a DS Lite Stylus Set!

If you haven't done so already, let us know that you want to receive this awesome reward by going to: http://www.nintendo.com/brainage2/

If you decide to accept this reward, your DS Lite Stylus Set will be mailed on or after October 1, 2007. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks in the U.S. and 6 to 10 weeks in Canada for your package to arrive. An email will be sent when your DS Lite Stylus Set is shipped.

Your My Nintendo Membership Reward will be mailed to the following address:[/QUOTE]

Great, only we've had that link all along and it doesn't take me to the survey.

Yeah, the email just sends you to the same page link in the OP but regardless, you have to follow eugaet's process to get the survey.

Thanks for sharing this! Today I *finally* got the survey and ordered my DS stylus gift box. Can't wait to get it.

Thank you!

*Roxy*

i used firefox and IE. both dont work. i signed in by clicking the "click here to sign up." i typed my username and password then it takes me to the same page without the "click here to sign up". it doesnt redirect me to survey page.

If you're still having troubles try deleting your cookies and then signing back in and go through the steps. That seemed to help me this morning.

I didn't get an email after completing the survey, but then again I also have all communications disabled in my profile. Hopefully you don't need to have (snail) mail service enabled to get the gift?
edit: nm I got the email.

[quote name='lowdwn169']awesome! completed the survey and "6-10 weeks" for shipment!![/quote]

6 to 10 weeks after oct 1st that is

I think the best way to succeed in loading the survey is to clear out all the cookies in the web browser. After dozens of attempts with many different methods, the web page was able to load only after I had emptied my cookies.

[quote name='lilboo']How do you do this ??[/quote]

go download the IE Tab plug-in. It can be usefull... like now.

It should still work in firefox though.

bread's done
Back