Target Clearance Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Previous threads:

Target clearance is YMMV, ya dig! Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday, although not every Monday, but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Target often donates its older clearance titles to Goodwill stores, so keep that in mind when you're trying to find items. BigDirty: "Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, city and state. For example:
Debbie Does Skywalker, Xbox 360, $4.98
Mesa, AZ Power Road at Superstition Springs

Also, a great help when you're posting deals you've found is to check this post and see if your item's DPCI number is already listed. DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself. DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI numbers that are not already in the OP-- thanks! This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing-- often price tags will not be correct. Thanks to BigDirty for this:
1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Data ,Milk.com , or UPC Database and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to Mephitical for this tool for locating clearance titles, which is located here. Go to Amazon or Target to find the item's ASIN. When you find it, replace "B000O3IS48" in the URL with your item's ASIN. This will take you to a page asking you for your zip code. Type in your zip code and click enter-- this will display a list of local stores and whether or not they have your item in stock. YMMV on it working properly.

The lowest known price will be posted. The item could be higher or lower at your store. Numbers in gold are DPCI numbers, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

:wii: Wii

De Blob (added 06-15-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Madagascar Kartz with wheel (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Madden 2010 (added 09-05-10)
Mario Power Tennis (changed 07-20-10) (changed 08-05-20)
Tiger Woods 10 (added 09-05-10)

Saint (added 09-20-10)
[207-26-0362] Punch Out (added 06-15-10)

Red Steel 2 (added 09-20-10)

[207-26-0432] Metroid Prime Trilogy (changed 07-15-10)
[207-26-0052] Super Paper Mario (changed 07-15-10)

Fifa 10 (added 07-04-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (added 07-05-10)

:360: Xbox 360

Alone in the Dark (added 06-15-10)
Bioshock (added 06-15-20)
Brutal Legend (changed 07-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 06-15-10)
Dead Rising (added 06-25-10)
Left 4 Dead (updated 06-10-10)
Need for Speed Pro Street (changed 07-02-10)
Pro Evolution Soccer (added 09-20-10)
The Saboteur (added 06-30-20)
Saints Row (added 05-05-10)
Ski Doo (added 06-10-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-15-10)
Two Worlds (added 06-15-10)
You're in the Movies bundle (added 06-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

Cabela's 2010 (added 06-15-10)
Oblivion Game of the Year (added 06-15-10)

Are you Smarter than a 5th grader? (added 07-20-10)
Beatles Rock Band [game only] (added 04-12-10) (price updated: 05-12-10)
Call of Juraez (added 09-20-10)
Dead Rising (added 09-20-10)
IL-2 Sturmovik (changed 06-20-10)
Karaoke Revolution (added 08-01-10)
Orange Box (added 09-30-10)
Spongebob: Truth or Square (changed 07-02-10)
Tekken 6 (changed 07-20-10) (added 08-01-10)

Guitar Hero 5 (changed 07-02-10)

Alone in the Dark (added 06-20-10)
Assassin's Creed (added 06-05-10)
Burnout Paradise (added 09-20-10)
Call of Duty 3 (added 06-05-10)
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (added 06-05-10)
Dark Void (added 08-01-10)
Fairytale Fights (added 08-10-10)
Halo Wars (added 06-20-10)
Gears of War (added 06-20-10)
Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (added 06-08-10)
Spiderman 3 (added 06-06-10)
Star Wars Force Unleashed (added 06-10-10)
Two Worlds (added 07-03-10)

Midnight Club LA Complete Edition (added 06-15-10)

Bioshock 2 Collector's Edition (added 08-10-10)
Planet 51 (added 06-22-10)

[207-22-0458] Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (added 07-03-10)

:ps3: Playstation 3

2 pack of USB charging cables for PS3 (added 06-10-10)
Brutal Legend (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (added 07-20-10)
Red Faction: Guerilla (Updated: 06-10-10)

Dark Void (added 07-20-10)
Ghostbusters (added 09-20-10)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (added 06-20-10) (changed 07-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-30-10)
Lego Rockband (added 09-20-10)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (added 09-20-10)

Assassin's Creed (added 09-20-10)
Need for Speed Underground (added 09-20-10)
Star Wars Unleashed (added 09-20-10)

Infamous (added 09-20-10)

Beatles Rock Band (added 09-20-10)
Borderlands (added 09-20-10)
Guitar Hero Van Halen (added 09-20-10)
MLB: The Show 10 (added 08-01-10)
Prototype (added 09-20-10)
Resistance 2 (added 06-20-10)
Street Fighter IV (added 09-20-10)
Tekken 6 (added 09-20-10)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added 06-20-10)
UFC 2009 (added 09-20-10)

Resident Evil 5 Gold (added 09-20-10)
MLB 2010 (added 06-20-10)

Little Big Planet with Dual Shock 3 controller (added 06-20-10)

Green Day Rock Band (added 09-20-10)

Buzz Quiz World Bundle (added 09-20-10)

:ps2: Playstation 2

Brutal Legend (added 06-10-10)
MLB 10 (added 06-06-10)

:ds: Nintendo DS

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness (added 07-20-10) (changed 08-01-10)

100 classic books (added 08-01-10)

:psp: Sony PSP

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (added 09-20-10)
NBA Inside (added 06-10-10)

G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (added 06-06-10)

:pc: PC

Borderlands (added 09-10-10)

Fallout Trilogy (added 06-20-10)

Braid (added 07-20-10)

Metro 2033 (added 09-20-10)
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City (added 06-20-10)

Alpha Protocol (added 09-20-10)

Other items

[SIZE=+1]Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew. Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.[/SIZE]

The Legend of EL HOARDO as told by Strell
No cankle too big and no score too small,
The one and only EL HOARDO.

He'll steal your stash - gonna take it all,
That's the one - EL HOARDO.

He's gonna run down all the aisles
and snatch up all the loot,
And he's feeling really confident
in his nipple protection suit!

Awesome sideburns and a dapper mask
He's at your local store,
Gonna clean out everything
And then go back for more!

Who's the guy in the Star Trek shades?
He's the man they call EL HOARDO.

His boots are secretly roller blades,
There he goes! EL HOARDO!

He's got a cape and it's totally sweet,
A flash in red and white,
Calls his fanny pack his utility belt,
He's ready for a discount fight!

You'd never think he could run so fast,
With a gut of giant size,
Asks all the ladies if they'd like a ride
On his Starship Enterprise!

What's that sound comin' down the lane?
It can only be EL HOARDO.

His stubby legs are gonna bring the pain,
Brace yourselves - EL HOARDO!

He packs a sword, it's a replica,
Like Zorro in disguise,
Gonna leave an H scratched on the wall,
Then he'll move those ten ton thighs!

Knows all the price drops all the time,
Has inhalers to survive,
Lives in a basement at his parents house,
At the age of thirty five!

That's the one who got your penny guide,
The stallion called EL HOARDO.

He's got his Rascal parked outside,
That Man-of-Men EL HOARDO.

EL HOOOOOOOARDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ElHoardo1.jpg

"You just got...EL HOARDO'D!" __________________

There have been some confirmed reports of La Whoreda, the female counterpart to El Hoardo. She is obviously more rare in the Target environment since she usually focuses her energy to her Avon business, but caution should still be exercised.

*Please do not copy this list to Slickdeals or any other competing deal sites. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thrillville (PSP) 7.49
Cars (PSP) 7.49
Dissida: Final Fantasy 14.99
Lego Star Wars II (PC) 4.99
Ghostbusters (PSP) 13.98
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (360) 13.98 (New clearance title?)

Kearny Mesa Target had

PES 2010 (360) - 20.98
Assassin's Creed PH (360) - 13.xx
NFS Shift (360) - Forgot price
Red Faction (PS3) - 13.xx

I would've got PES 2010 if it was the PS3 version, and I have FIFA 10 too lol. I also got a Power Rangers shirt for 3.98

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (360) 13.98 (New clearance title?)[/QUOTE]

Nah, I saw that months before last Christmas.

[quote name='TheHelix']Kearny Mesa Target had

PES 2010 (360) - 20.98
Assassin's Creed PH (360) - 13.xx
NFS Shift (360) - Forgot price
Red Faction (PS3) - 13.xx

I would've got PES 2010 if it was the PS3 version, and I have FIFA 10 too lol. I also got a Power Rangers shirt for 3.98[/QUOTE]

PES 2010 and NFS Shift..... looking for them maybe, but I'm almost sure it's YMMV (not in every store as usual), so I don't want to spend gas and time. I don't shop at Target since April.....

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (360) 13.98 (New clearance title?)[/QUOTE]

It was on clearance in the fall but I suppose they re-stocked it and are clearancing it out again.

[quote name='dashrendar']It was on clearance in the fall but I suppose they re-stocked it and are clearancing it out again.[/QUOTE]

Glad it's going back on clearance. I missed it the first time around.:wall:

[quote name='autopiloton']Nah, I saw that months before last Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I think it is a new clearance title here, I hadn't seen it before today. I got to see a bit of it on my brother's PS3 over the holidays, though, and frankly, it didn't seem very good. If it survives until it's at 75% off (clearance sticker listed $19.99 as normal price), I might grab it for the hell of it, but otherwise I'm not going to bother.

I stopped by 1 Target Monday night and saw the following:

:psp: NCAA 2010 $4.xx
:360: Call of Juarez:BiB $13.xx
:ps3: Red Faction Guerilla $13.xx
:ps3: NGS2 $14.xx

[quote name='arcane93']I think it is a new clearance title here, I hadn't seen it before today. I got to see a bit of it on my brother's PS3 over the holidays, though, and frankly, it didn't seem very good. If it survives until it's at 75% off (clearance sticker listed $19.99 as normal price), I might grab it for the hell of it, but otherwise I'm not going to bother.[/QUOTE]

I'd say you're not missing much. I haven't hated a game this much since the NES days (curse you W.U.R.M.).

I got a PS3 copy on clearance last year for $13 and really disliked it, mainly due to the garbage weapons you start off using. Even once I had enough money to buy the better weapons, it only felt like an average FPS.

I quit playing about 3 different times, but eventually finished it out of my pure stubborness. I wasn't going to let it get the better of me. I got rid of it so quick when GS offered $20 during a special trade promo so at least I made some money off of it.

As for vg clearance at my local stores, there wasn't anything new, AGAIN:bomb:.

Stale as a open bag of 3 month old tortillas here in pensacola fl. No games besides lego star wars pc and red faction. Seems like it's been that way for months..

Nothing at my Target except PC Lego Star Wars and Dissidia for PSP. They have been there for at least 2 weeks now. Worse news is the Wii and PS3 sections have over a dozen empty slots for new games so I don't think they will be clearancing any old games anytime soon.

[quote name='nbballard']I disagree with this logic. I'm sure they make plenty of money by making us walk to the back of the store to find this stuff. My wife shops at Target much more frequently than she would like to because I go there over wal-mart, or Kroger (depending on what we need) so I can check the clearance stuff. We go in for household cleaner, or staples, or something dumb at the front of the store, but since I go to the back to look at games, she ends up looking at the home garden section, home decor, etc. For every week I think I may be able to get a cheap game there, we probably spend $20-$50 on odds and ends.

Same goes with SEARS-- i only go in there once a month to check clearance games, but I always leave with a Shovel or something, and last night- i bought my new TV there over Best Buy just because I hadn't checked their clearance rack this month.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. When heading back home if something is needed on Mondays (milk, o.j. etc.) I will just pick it up at Target while I check to see what is on clearance. And the pantry and everyday stuff is usually overpriced there compared with Aldi's and your local grocery store, so they do make some money off CAG on those items.

Hey guys,

Thanks for continuing to tell us that there are no games on clearance at Target. Usually a thread would die if there were no new updates but not this one!

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Thrillville (PSP) 7.49
Cars (PSP) 7.49
Dissida: Final Fantasy 14.99
Lego Star Wars II (PC) 4.99
Ghostbusters (PSP) 13.98
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (360) 13.98 (New clearance title?)[/QUOTE]Most people had CoJ:BiB only drop 30% and then it went to the budget game rack at 29.99 and it never finished the clearance cycle. Much like that Prince Of Persia DS game did as well as a handful of others. I'll definitely get it at $5!

[quote name='shoe478']Hey guys,

Thanks for continuing to tell us that there are no games on clearance at Target. Usually a thread would die if there were no new updates but not this one![/QUOTE]LOL, are you going to copy and paste this post into the Blockbuster, TRU and KMart threads as well?

Sorry to DP this one, but you posted this while I was typing my last post.

[quote name='jdawgg76']LOL, are you going to copy and paste this post into the Blockbuster, TRU and KMart threads as well?

Sorry to DP this one, but you posted this while I was typing my last post.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I have given up on Target. I used to go to all the Targets on Monday but not now.

To those that are actually finding new titles on clearance, are they still in the "plastic prison" or are they on the usual clearance endcaps?

[quote name='confoosious']So who's gonna bite the bullet and pick up Spongebob Truth or Square and review it?[/QUOTE]

I played this with my daughter a while ago - our library loans out games. It's a typical platformer. The humor is good and typical of the show. They have the original cast voices in the game as well. The saving set-up is at checkpoints so you can run a long way through a scenario and get killed and have to start back at the last checkpoint.

I'd say its worth sub $10 price range. I saw it at my local Hollywood video before they closed up for good but it was still $12.50 with the discount at the time and then it did not survive the more severe discounts and then they closed down for good.

[quote name='shoe478']Nah, I have given up on Target. I used to go to all the Targets on Monday but not now.[/QUOTE]Same here as far as games go, although I still have a lot of luck with other items like . . .

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']
[/QUOTE]There's a Monty Python reference here. . .

[quote name='dashrendar']To those that are actually finding new titles on clearance, are they still in the "plastic prison" or are they on the usual clearance endcaps?[/QUOTE]

Both

[quote name='borg20001']I played this with my daughter a while ago - our library loans out games. It's a typical platformer. The humor is good and typical of the show. They have the original cast voices in the game as well. The saving set-up is at checkpoints so you can run a long way through a scenario and get killed and have to start back at the last checkpoint.

I'd say its worth sub $10 price range. I saw it at my local Hollywood video before they closed up for good but it was still $12.50 with the discount at the time and then it did not survive the more severe discounts and then they closed down for good.[/QUOTE]

I'd pick it up for under $10 then. The last spongebob games have been more party or mini-games rather than true platformers like battle for bikini bottom.

[quote name='dashrendar']To those that are actually finding new titles on clearance, are they still in the "plastic prison" or are they on the usual clearance endcaps?[/QUOTE]

I've seen clearance in both these forms. Sometimes games will get moved to a clearanced endcap and still have the hard case around it.

[quote name='borg20001']I played this with my daughter a while ago - our library loans out games. It's a typical platformer. The humor is good and typical of the show. They have the original cast voices in the game as well. The saving set-up is at checkpoints so you can run a long way through a scenario and get killed and have to start back at the last checkpoint.

I'd say its worth sub $10 price range. I saw it at my local Hollywood video before they closed up for good but it was still $12.50 with the discount at the time and then it did not survive the more severe discounts and then they closed down for good.[/QUOTE]

thanks. i 'll pick it up at $10 as well.

my target have

xbox 360

call of juarez 13.98
spiderman 3 13.98
star wars unleashed 9.98 ( picked up)
tetris evolution 4.98 like 5 left after i picked up 3

In my local target right now and they are in the middle revamping the whole electronics section to the new style. I don't know if this is good or bad since they never have clearance deals anyways.

[quote name='Strell']Go get the other and let me have the extras.[/QUOTE]

lol....yes master... But chances are El-Stasher is already on his way to pick it up.

The new electronic section for the games is all screwey louie. Don't care for it and above all completely turned me off from buying there.

[quote name='xmbri']The new electronic section for the games is all screwey louie. Don't care for it and above all completely turned me off from buying there.[/QUOTE]
I was at the Irvine Spectrum Target at lunch today, and maybe less than half of the price tags on the shelf actually matched the game that was displayed with it. I see Red Dead on the shelf with a $49.99 sitcker, then I look at the sticker and it's for some other game, that's two cells over and one cell down in the plastic prison. Game after game like this, Here's this game over here, but the actual price tag for this is way over there. There is no rhyme or reason how they put this shit on the shelves now, and it offends my Asperger's.

[quote name='Strell']:(

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Honestly I wish it was the 360 version....although it looks great in direct x 10 mode, kinda sucks playing it on a 22inch monitor vs my 58 inch plasma with the 360 :(

Also the extra's alone are worth 20 dollars. However I kinda not like the idea that we are given a LP record when the cd soundtrack will do. Yes I know they are trying to make it feel retro but how many people still have their record players still active and not in storage? I'm happy with the cd and art book, but not with the record. That must have been a bitch to produce in the first place given the rarity of records these days.

I just want the extras. Primarily the artbook. Someone could keep the game even, sell it to someone else, whatever. Recoup the cost. Course I'd pay for part of it.

[quote name='Strell']I just want the extras. Primarily the artbook. Someone could keep the game even, sell it to someone else, whatever. Recoup the cost. Course I'd pay for part of it.[/QUOTE]

what am I going to do with two LP's and two cd soundtracks?... yea I am keeping 1 cd, but another copy of the name not to mention the actual box :\

[quote name='Strell']Seriously? I said I was the extras. Primarily the artbook. I'd want the other stuff too.

This isn't difficult.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going back to fairlakes any time soon...sorry strell....hey El-Stasher...wanna help him out?

Where in Target was the package? I've been in a few Targets looking for the Bioshock PC LE but I haven't seen the PC version. Seen a few PS3 and X360 ones. I haven't seen any large PC game boxes at the Targets I've been to, but they have all been remodeled into the plastic prisons too.

Also, it is the first Bioshock right? A couple of people said they found Bioshock 2 PC on clearance I think.

Well, the last of my 3 locals Targets finally changed. Bummer, since the other two succumbed to the more-room-less-clearance, so i expect this one to follow suit. Did manage to grab some stuff though.

Dissidia: $7.48
Psyclone 360 battery + charge cable: $3.44
Psyclone PSP travel kit: $4.98

I'm actually really happy I got the battery pack. My target had tons of them. Seriously, like half of the 360 accessory pegs were filled with these things. I had no reason to think they wouldn't have them when they dropped to 75%. Get there mid week when they they scheduled to drop, NONE were to be found. I was bummed out. Went in today just to see what was around, and i see one hidden all the way in the back of the clearance shelf. I yanked it out and held it high in victory. Eventually I found another one, but I decided to leave it and hopefully give a similar moment to somebody else. They also had some other stuff worth mentioning. They had a bunch of those Psyclone touchpad chargers for PS3 controllers for $12.48 (75%) and Psyclone Wiimote battery packs for $4.98 (50%). And they had some Monster cables for 50%. They had component 360, component PSP, and S-Video/composite for PS2/Xbox. I'm surprised these are sitting at 50% because I bought a component PS2 cable a few weeks ago for 75% and these were still at 50%. Also noticed this store had just started clearancing out the 4GB lexar memory sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back